Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: [10th Division] Headquarters & Barracks

"Himuura is all there is to his name. He is Fuku Kidouchou, for the time being," Raizen stated while lacing the fingers of his hands together in front of his face, having already replied in kind to the more affectionate greeting by his 3rd Seat. "As for the ease of that interaction, our friend Himuura believes I should avoid the creation of spells that delve into Hollow-related abilities. Of course, he doesn't know about the abilities I possess yet... but I'll probably leave that information out for now." A light sigh escaped the Captain after this was said, and his eyes closed briefly. Himuura was sure to be an asset to the Division for the duration of his stay as Vice Kidou Chief, but fate would see to that only being for a limited amount of time. Speaking of time, Benihime thought to mention some understanding of his strange time-based greeting. "Oh? What is it you get, Benihime?" he asked of the lass.

The unknown man was apparently the second in command of the Kidoushuu, this made the young woman's eyes widen slightly as the memory of where she'd heard this man's name before returned to her. "Sou ka, that's why I've heard it before. There are a lot of one name people floating around..." she mused, thinking about the Vice-Captain of her former division and counting him among those she'd seen. One more would make it some sort of conspiracy, not that she needed something like that to chase at present. Raizen went on to comment that he'd not explained to Himuura the nature of his abilities and how he would likely be able to have no problem creating Hollow-related Kidou and abilities. A chuckle escaped the young woman at this point as she nodded. "It is more strange that he'd be so adamantly against it. Unless of course, someone else tried before and they experienced the mass casualties associated with trying that sort of thing without understanding all the variables," the young woman chimed in. "Do let me know if you come up with anything interesting, it could be good for my study of spiritual particles," she added knowing that she'd find any research the man did to be quite interesting and that she could likely glean something from it for herself. She figured that Raizen probably wasn't the first person to think of such a thing, but it was already against the law to try and have the abilities of Hollows and it was likely made this way because of the soul deaths incurred by those who tried and failed before.

As their conversation progressed, it seemed he was more or less interested in what she had to say about his time based greeting. "I get the night-time greeting. When one's world is steeped in darkness and they spend enough time there... it is always night. If given more time, I could have easily developed a habit like that myself~" she mused. Her own inner world as a forest of dark thorns steeped forever in the darkness of the night sky with only the moon to illuminate it. Given their similarities she figured Raizen had something similar of his own, though he didn't strike her as a forest kind of guy. Regardless this was the most obvious explanation for the constant night time greetings in spite of the fact that it was in fact broad daylight. While she sat on this hypothesis, and waited for confirmation she reached into her pocket, pulling out a small piece of origami, folded to look like a butterfly which she tossed towards the man's desk, if he unfolded it, he would find the flyer for the festival she wished to attend, Tanabata. "It also means you should get out more~ Fancy a stroll through the festival?"

"Indeed there are. There also seems to be a reason for each one of them to be in such a state," Raizen said as his gaze found a set of papers related to state of affairs within the division. He allowed himself a moment to scan the top sheet for information while Benihime spoke, though his ear remained open to her words. "It has been attempted twice, on record. A member of my family first tried it as an alternative to the Bakkoutou, likely thinking spells would not be as dangerous for the user as Hollows in weapon form. Most records of that attempt have been wiped. The second person listed in such attempts... is Himuura. He melded the research of himself and my predecessor when founding an organization within the Kidoushuu called CROW. In the end, the experiments were worse than the Bakkoutou. It goes without saying that CROW was eliminated long ago." With that said, Raizen returned to leaning back in his chair. He found it interesting that Himuura was against his idea, even though he had obviously been quite into the idea of one of his clansmen before. Raizen figured a true inquiring mind would not let something like that go so easily. Moving on from that matter though, allowed him to address Benihime's thoughts about other things.

"I suppose that's close enough. You can't see the light of your own world either, then? Interesting," he commented. Aside from this matter, was one Benihime brought to the proverbial - and literal - table, in the form of an origami butterfly. Raizen went on to open this figure, finding it to be a strange piece of parchment for origami alone. When he opened it, he also heard mention of a festival. Raizen had not been out recently enough to hear of such a thing, but the flyer alone was more than enough information. "Tanabata? I've never attended something like that, honestly. If it's something you're truly interested in doing, I suppose I can't say no... though I find it strange for you to be interested in it at all."

"Hm, I guess I hadn't really thought much about it," Benihime said of the seemingly vast number of people who didn't have surnames. Of course, sitting here having this conversation now she considered that it might be the case that a great many of them had their names stricken from records for misdeeds or that they didn't have any to begin with because of the circumstances of their birth. Regardless of this it seemed that Raizen was content to sate the young woman's curiosities with a full explanation on the topics he'd previously been discussing with the Vice Kidou Chief. The explanation he gave let her know a great many things, and also gave her a bit of curiousness. "Sou ka, maybe he has a guilty conscience then, having done research that turned out worse than the other forms of it. Though it's a bit of a tease to start something like that without seeing it all the way through, even if it gets a bit messed up in the middle," the young woman concluded. Her own inquiring mind wouldn't allow her to let anything go if she could figure out a way around it. Such was evidenced by the things she'd come up with during her stay in the 12th Division. Given this though there was an inkling in the back of her mind about what Himuura might have done to himself, as most scientists would at least give their work a try if they really thought it viable. But perhaps this was simply a difference in motivations.

As they moved on in conversation, Raizen commented on the interest in the fact that she didn't see light in her world either. She shrugged at this. "I see other things in my world... but not really light," she commented absently taking a gander at the butterfly in the man's hands as he took it apart. This man had seen her inner world so he knew the details of it about as well as she did considering his stellar memory. Beyond this point though there was the matter of the flyer she'd folded into a butterfly which she felt the need to clarify a bit. "I ended up with that flyer after doing a bit of exploring around the Seireitei earlier. And I got bored while waiting for the 3rd Division to welcome its new recruits," she mentioned of her need to busy her hands. As for the festival itself, she found it surprising that Raizen hadn't attended one before hand and more shocking than that, he was surprised by Benihime's interest in the festival as well. A bit of a smirk came to the young woman's face. "I've been to a few of these before in the Rukongai, usually dragged along by one of my brothers. I am usually uninterested in their themes, as I tend to find them to be a bit superstitious... but the game stalls and food are good," she said remembering such things from her childhood and viewing them rather strangely. "Oh and people watching~" she said with a most devilish grin crossing her face. She might have been more interested in people watching, than any other aspect of the festival. In fact, she might have manipulated a scene she'd find fun to watch at some point, which she probably would have gone to watch regardless of the man's interest. "Even without outright interest in the festival I figured you could use a bit of a break from all the paperwork and meetings~ At least for a little while," she finished, her explanation of her own interest in the festival and her reasoning behind bringing it to the Captain of her Division rather clear by her explanation.

"Other things, you say? And what might those be?" he asked. Raizen had entered this woman's inner world twice, and there were a few key things about it that were subject to individual perception. The fact that she could not see the light of her inner world was interesting... and simultaneously disturbing. Yakouboku could see the light, so why was her master incapable of seeing the same thing? "Have you spoken to Yakouboku about the curse?"

Apparently, the festival was something Benihime found while wandering around the Seireitei earlier this day, and she was no stranger to festivals and the like. Her interests in these things did not seem to be related to the festivals themselves, but instead the other activities she could take part in during the festivals. Her offer for him to accompany her to this one was based on the idea that he could use a break. "A break isn't really something I need. Realistically, the more work I do now, the less I'll have to do for an indefinite period of time later. Still... I'll go. When would you like to go?"

Benihime found Raizen's interest in her inner world to be one which she didn't really understand. Of course, since the man had actually visited it on a couple of occasions she thought it made a bit of sense he might be curious. Beyond that, there weren't many who could say they'd seen someone else's inner world in the first place. As for the matter of what she sees within her inner world she smiled then. "I see... butterflies in my world," she mentioned without much thought. "I always have, though they weren't clear at first, they kind of just looked like eyes glowing in the darkness, but... that was their wings... I see them all clearly now... swarms of them," she explained, though now that she explained it she wondered if Raizen had seen them too. Beyond this was the question of if she'd spoken to her Zanpakuto Spirit about the nature of the curse which plagued her family for an extended period of time. "I have asked her before and she wasn't willing to tell me much. Which is strange considering," she said with a slight frown. "But when I most recently asked her a day ago, she said she'd tell me something useful if I had the right form for my darkness. I am not sure what that means... but when I was last there she gave me an orb... I'm supposed to change it. It's on my to do list..." she said brushing the thought aside for now. She'd already decided the shape she wanted it to take, but... didn't know what that had to do with anything. The mystery surrounding her Zanpakuto was perplexing and kind of fun, it would have been more fun if she'd not have to deal with the potential negatives herself.

As their conversation went back to the festival, it seemed that Raizen didn't need a break but was content to take one with the girl since she'd offered. "Eh, sounds too boring, but... that's fine. I want to leave in a bit... I have to get dre..." she paused that thought instantly as she remembered something kind of important that she'd been putting off. Benihime for all the work she'd been doing over the past year almost two since the death of her family, hadn't bothered replacing all the things lost to her when their dwelling was destroyed. This included all aspects of formal attire. "Actually, I might need more time than I initially anticipated. I don't have anything to wear and I should probably do something about that."

"No light, but butterflies. What an interesting view you have of your own world, Benihime," was the only thing Raizen had left to say about the matter. Of course, there was more to say, and more to think... but that was best saved for another time. For the moment, he would focus on this festival. Though Benihime had been the one to bring forth the idea of the festival, she had forgotten a very important thing needed to make the trip: her outfit. Raizen had numerous articles of clothing he could don, but more to the point, the house he had returned to so recently was one stocked with clothes for various shapes and sizes. "I might have something you could wear at home, if you're interested. My family was very big on procreation, so it seems there is much excess clothing laying around."

"Sou ka..." she said to his statement about her inner world. This would lead the young woman to believe that the man before her hadn't seen the butterflies in her world when he'd visited. Beyond this, there was the rather strange matter that her Zanpakuto also never mentioned them, which led to to wonder if she'd been going crazy at some point. But now there were other things to consider as as they moved over this. It would be something she kept in mind to ask about the next time she performed jinzen which would likely be some time later in the night or the next day considering other variables. Regardless of this point it was soon brought up that Raizen himself had an excess of clothing he had access to, and he was even kind enough to offer Benihime some use of it. A grin spread across her face as she considered this offer. "Hai, I'll take you up on that. And add clothes shopping to my to do list~" she said pushing it off for at least a little while longer. This would likely give her time to consider a proper update to her own wardrobe, something she hadn't properly thought of doing throughout her own life. "Arigatou Gozaimasu~" she thanked the man for his kindness, figuring since they'd both be dressing at his place that she'd follow along whenever he got ready to go.

"You should shop in the human world. I don't know if you've taken leisure time there yet, but it's a great place to be," he said regarding the need for clothing in this woman's repertoire. Raizen himself was quite fond of things found in the human world, and he very frequently visited said world, even during his free time. With Benihime accepting his offer for clothing to wear during the festival, he rose from his chair. He, too, had to find something worth wearing, so he had to make the trip home anyway. "Alright then; let's go get changed," was the statement which proceeded Raizen leading the way through the office door. His intention was, quite obviously, to move onward until reaching his home.

Before the two escaped the 10th Division's Headquarters, they were destined to pass the Vice-Captain's office just as its door was being flung open by a certain 3rd Seat of the 3rd Division. He entered the room without a care, and immediately began yelling at the woman he expected to find within. "Oi, Saya-oba! I need clothes; make me clan head!"

"I have, and I also find it amazing. Though I haven't been just for leisure in quite a while, the last time I had such a visit... I spent everything I had~" she mentioned of her shopping trip. Obviously the human world was full of things which she admired and enjoyed and as such she'd make it a point to get back to such shopping trips at some point. In fact she quite enjoyed the idea of shopping without limit at some point in her life, but that was for another time. For now, Raizen was content to head back to his home and as such she'd remove herself from her chair and join him, as they strolled out of the 10th Division, they passed the Vice-Captain's office in time to see a rather different kind of exchange. At the boy's entrance without care, Benihime could only smile, a muttering under her breath of a simple phrase might hint that she'd considered this a possibility for the day. "Late as ever..." she muttered. Only to continue on her journey with the Captain of her Division.

Saya on the other hand, was indeed found within her office. And she was quite stunned that anyone, bar a certain redhead dared enter with such force and blatant disregard for authority. Though upon seeing who it was she supposed it should have been expected. She found herself pushing her glasses up onto her nose and frowning at the disrespect given out at this point in time. "This is a Division, kiddo. You don't get to come in making demands of me, especially not like that. Where's your manners?" she replied. Though at some point she'd expected him to come to her for this exact thing, she hadn't expected his reasoning to be simply because he wanted the clothing. Something was amiss here, and she hadn't quite figured out what it was yet.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast