Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Seireitei] Kidoushuu Headquarters

A few days after the fall of Nijo Kenpachi and the rise of at least 2 new Captains, one redhead wrapped in bandages found herself walking around outside of the Kidoushuu Headquarters. She'd come here after being told by her Captain to leave some particularly taxing research alone for a bit. On her forced free time the girl had found it in herself to stretch a bit and spend some time walking about. Knowing that someone she knew was now in a bit freer of a position she thought she might stop by for a chat. Upon reaching the entrance there were two guards outside this made the girl stop with her hands on her hips. "Can I go in? I just wanna visit someone." she said offering a smile while her left elbow rested on the hilt of her Zanpakuto.

Two members of the Kidou Corps present at the gate were members of the Chuuton Heidan faction; they were among the most commonly seen individuals belonging to this organization. This specific pair had only recently been given the information of their new leadership, but they had enough knowledge now that when the red-haired lass approached, they each stepped toward their respective side. No words were spoken by either of them, but the door of the building seemed to open itself when they parted ways. Interestingly enough, Benihime would be liable to find exactly who she sought mere moments after entry. Nomura Daiki, one of three Generals in the corps, stood several meters from the entrance, in plain sight.

"Really?" she found it strange that the doors simply opened, but perhaps the level of secrecy around this place had drastically decreased since the Captain of the 10th Division took it over. Regardless the girl strolled through with mild amusement in her face and tone. "Arigatou gozaimasu~" she said as she finished each of her steps. She thought she'd get a chance to look around a bit while seeking a particular raven haired male, but much to her surprise, he was simply standing several meters from the entrance. "Well, that's no fun. I fully expected to get to run around a little bit and find out what all the secrets were about," she said seemingly disappointed by the immediate finding of this individual. "Ohayou Gozaimasu, Dai-kun." she said as she approached him directly.

Daiki had very much expected the arrival of Benihime, as he'd been able to sense her from within the building prior to her entry. As such, he had prepared himself to meet her face-to-face when she stepped through the door. "Ohayou," he greeted. It seemed this one had been keen on fishing for secrets upon entering the Kidoushuu HQ, but Daiki knew she would not have found them so easily regardless. "You wouldn't have found any. Even with the door now being open, Kidou research is still a delicate, and therefore secret, operation. I'm sure you understand. So... why are you here now?"

Upon her entrance and acknowledgement of Daiki he poked at her statement, making it clear that even if he hadn't been waiting to find her, that she wouldn't have easily found out anything. She supposed that was likely true, but that wouldn't have stopped her from trying regardless. But that wasn't really the point, when he moved on to the point of her visit something in the way he spoke changed her outlook a bit. Even so, it didn't change the look on her face which seemed to be one of mild amusement. "I wanted to talk to you. You know, no emergencies, no fatalistic bad days, just a chat..." she said seemingly light. "I feel like I owe you an explanation..." she said. In truth the girl's own habits of secret keeping were likely eating away at her. She didn't actually know if it had any effect on Daiki as well, but she didn't want to keep him from anything either. "Unless you're busy, if so I get it," she said more than prepared to leave again if the lad didn't actually want to talk with her. Of course, she'd understand if he didn't considering she knew she was hard to read in the first place.

As Benihime spoke, Daiki stood with his arms held akimbo. She seemed to think he was owed a bit of an explanation, which he had been going for the moment she left him behind in the streets of the Seireitei, during the Ouin incident. At that time, he received a very disturbing parting statement from the lass, but nothing to give him some amount of closure or general understanding of the situation. "If you feel like you want to explain something, I'll listen. I won't lie and say I wasn't incredibly confused when you left me alone in a swarm of Menos days ago."

After a few seconds, Benihime took note of Daiki's stance, and waited for words. She couldn't predict exactly where this conversation was going, but she knew it would probably be for the best if they both weren't in a constant state of dazed and confused by their partings. When he went on to speak, and say he'd listen to her, her body lost a tiny bit of the tension she'd not known she'd been holding, beyond this he claimed that he was incredibly confused when she'd rather suddenly disappeared during the swarming of Menos. "Gomen, admittedly... I just didn't want to start crying when there was a huge battle going on," she said her right hand finding a home against the back of her head while her left hand came to rest on the hilt of her Zanpakuto. This wasn't particularly a threatening move, it was instead something she did to comfort herself and something she found herself doing more and more often without realizing it.

"So, this is going to sound really strange," she said knowing the words about to leave her mouth wouldn't make any sense, but somehow she hoped the boy would simply take the things she was about to say at face value. "But my family was cursed, as a member of it, I am likely fated to die really young," she said seemingly calm about it now. "Sometimes, I don't feel like that is true, but other times I feel like it's the only truth I can know in life. That day, among the Menos was one of the days I believed," she said thinking about it from a scientific perspective it was almost preposterous. "And at the times when I don't think I am going die really young and not accomplish anything, I think I might be responsible for a lot of deaths, and I just... didn't want to be responsible for yours too." she said as her palm rested against the hilt of her Zanpakuto. Her statement hinted that she might have felt personally responsible some deaths. And she did, mainly the death of her immediate family. "I didn't want to lie to you, and tell you I'd wait for you, when half the time I'm not even sure my own mortality is within my control," the girl said and after she was finished she exhaled. Having said all of that she couldn't necessarily say she felt better, but she also felt more like she hadn't simply left the boy she'd called hers dazed and confused in the wake of who she was as a person.

"Understandable, I guess," was Daiki's reply to her initial statement. He went on to hear out the story involving Benihime's "cursed" clan and the situation involving her supposed untimely demise. Daiki was obviously not privy to such information, but whatever the case, it was obviously something which had an effect on the redhead. Still, he sighed. Daiki had once settled into the mindset of a death by any cause, if it meant this individuals continued existence and general happiness. Since the Ouin incident, though, he began to feel as if there was nothing he could do. This was still the case after her story. "Sou ka. It's kind of weird, but I'll take it over no explanation at all."

It seemed at the very least, her companion of several months understood her desire not to burst into tears in the middle of a battle. Beyond this he as he always did listened very attentively while she spoke, even if he didn't fully understand everything he took it all in and was exceedingly understanding. At the point where he finally spoke up he claimed that though her explanation was weird he'd take it over her saying nothing about anything. A smile stretched over this girl's face in this moment, not because the moment deserved a smile, but because Daiki did. "You know, Dai-kun, you're way too nice," she mentioned as the rest of the tension fell away from her shoulders, and she took a single step forward. "Would I be pushing my luck to ask for a hug?"

"Hai. I've heard it's a fatal flaw," he said. He didn't really know what else to say about the situation between himself and the redhead, nor about her own personal situation with the supposed fated deaths in her family. He'd been there following the murder of her closest relatives, but this was an extreme he couldn't even properly address, and that alone was bothersome in its own right. Regardless, Benihime thought to step closer to the male when she felt relieved of tension. At that time, Daiki took a single step back. "... Sumimasen. I don't think I should let myself do that. Even I can tell this isn't going to work. Back then, I was settled... but I feel like you should fill the hole in your life with something other than me. Honestly, even doing my best, I can't begin to make up for whatever's missing, or even understand it. You're clever enough to think of something that'll work for you, and make you happy."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast