Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Kumori Manor

"If I'm being honest, I think I've always known why I was avoiding you, and why Mugen was advising me to stay away," he replied as his own eyes closed. "Everything has been leading to this. I wasn't avoiding something I didn't want. I was avoiding something I didn't want to lose." As he spoke these words, Raizen opened his eyes again, and rolled to face the redhead with his right hand reaching to the side of her head. "I guess I could have just put forth the effort to make sure such a thing couldn't happen. So... stay with me."

Benihime's eyes remained open and even widened as Raizen spoke on the actual reason he'd found it in himself to avoid her so fervently. It seemed that it wasn't about not wanting her for whatever reason, but instead about discovering something he didn't want to lose. She couldn't help but feel such a realization was rather stunning and a quick one to come to. Even so, they were both really clever people, so she knew for a fact he wasn't wrong about this. In fact, the more she thought about it, the more she realized that she'd been very similarly motivated. All of it was apparent in her actions after he'd been arrested. "Sou ka..." she said of this realization, perhaps that feeling of potential loss was the cause of the pang in her chest every time she crossed paths with him. Something she wanted to occupy her always. Soon enough she was facing this man by his own movements with his golden eyes looking into her red ones a hand on her face with the demand present that she stay with him. Something about this seemed oddly final and like she was agreeing to much more than their present circumstances would indicate. Even so, the girl couldn't help but have a small smile creep onto her face. "Somehow it feels like I am agreeing to a lot..." she started as she looked into his face. "Hai."

The very next day, Raizen returned to the manor alongside Benihime once more. This time, he had in tow a barrier which contained a Hollow of some sort, though he'd made said barrier invisible to all other than his companion of choice. This was done simply to prevent other potential infected Shinigami from knowing the Hollow plan had been discovered. After entering the building, Raizen led the pair to the library once more. In a darker corner of the room, he unveiled a very powerful sealing spell which opened a path down a flight of stairs enveloped in shadows of the thickest variety. He kept his senses open for any unwanted company upon entering this staircase, also making sure the seal was reapplied when they descended. The end of the stairs would leave them in a circular room filled with strange, black crystals in a large pit at the center of the room, while the walls were covered in various weapons that looked as if they could be Shikai releases for Zanpakutou. In fact, these were the remaining Bakkoutou that were not claimed at the end of the Seireitei Civil War nearly 300 years ago. "Here we are. As far as I know, you are now the only non-Kumori to have ever entered this room."

Benihime soon enough was back at the Kumori Manor in the company of Raizen. It seemed that nothing was amiss to the people who'd encountered them, so she'd taken to realizing they couldn't see the Hollow that they were transporting with them. Still she didn't seem bothered by this as her ponytail swayed from side to side and she walked along with this man as if she belonged here. Soon enough they were within the manor heading down a dark staircase which had previously been hidden within the library they'd been in the day prior. The young woman smirked remembering the previous days activities, but soon enough she was able to let this go as they descended a darkened staircase which made the young woman feel right at home. "Sugei!~" she said as her eyes took in the darkness and dark crystals as well as the random weapons which seemed to line the walls. It didn't take much for her to figure out where they were, and soon enough Raizen was giving more credit to this by his own statements. His words made the young woman look to him with a raised brow. "Really? That's pretty steep, bringing me into family only territory. You're setting this second date bar pretty high, Kumori-taichou," she teased as she stared into the dark crystals at the center of the room. She'd already put together what this room functioned as, at this point she was just content to hear out the man's reason for bringing her here. "So, what exactly did we come down here to do?" she asked of his thoughts on their present situation.

"You think so, even after last night? Just wait until night seven; then the swooning might never stop," he replied cheekily. He wandered around the room, scoping out many of the surrounding Bakkoutou while also comparing them to the Hollow within his barrier. "Or you'll black out. Whichever comes first," he continued. When he next spoke, it would be a statement of a more relevant variety, connected to the query offered by the redhead. "There is no telling how long these parasitic Hollows have been within the Soul Society, but... there is a direct connection to these Bakkoutou. Notice that all Bakkoutou, aside from their weapons, are actually organic components complete with a nucleus in the form of the eyes on them. Bakkoutou can be wielded by anyone with Reishi, and their power is determined by their wielder. However... Bakkoutou were an attempt to create Zanpakutou equivalents using Hollows, and they consume their wielder over time, taking over their body and mind as they grow more powerful. Only strong individuals like the Kumori were able to resist the consumption. Does that sound familiar?"

The smirk on Benihime's face became a grin rather easily at the cheeky commentary offered by Raizen. All in all she couldn't say that she was at all opposed to the idea of swooning over the man before her, and beyond that, the idea of being offered so much that she might just black out didn't seem that bad either. "Well, last night was amazing. But if you are saying you can top it, it doesn't sound like a bad time~" she said only to chuckle after his added statement. "Also, you'd have to try really hard to make me black out," she chimed seeming to find this whole line of conversation amusing. It seemed that they simply conversed this way when they were alone.

As their conversation progressed, it seemed to rather seamlessly go back into what it was supposed to be about, which was the current parasitic Hollow problem within the Seireitei. It seemed that the Bakkoutou were somewhat comparable to these recently discovered Hollows, in more ways than a few. "Awfully familiar." the young woman quipped as she averted her gaze from the crystals in the center of the room to the actual weapons on the side, noting all of the details of their construction. "Strange, makes me wonder which side was discovered first," she said quizzically. "So, the parasites are like the Bakkoutou without the weapons to use as conduits. That's kinda troubling..." the girl's brain had skipped ahead a couple of steps to a potential meaning of the information to be gathered here. And though she couldn't say it with any great level of certainty the idea that the planning of the Hollows was further ahead than the Seireitei was prepared for was a realistic possibility if any of them were clever.

"That is a strong curiosity of mine, as well. Alas... it's hardly worth consideration for the moment," Raizen said while picking up a Bakkoutou with the appearance of a double-edged jian that had its nucleus in its guard. This weapon was held over another Bakkoutou's nucleus, at which point it began to absorb the latter into itself. "This is where it becomes problematic. Bakkoutou can also gain strength by absorbing the nuclei of other Bakkoutou. Imagine what happens when this process is done after all participants have already gained power from their hosts. I get the feeling this is the sort of thing we'll be dealing with soon."

"Well not right now, still an interesting thought for later though~" the girl said of their mental wandering. She was somewhat relieved to know she wasn't the only one who allowed her thoughts to wander several steps ahead of a single point only to know she had to go back to more normal lines of thought as it was necessary to focus a bit more. Benihime soon got to watch something she'd never seen before, the sight of a Bakkoutou absorbing another through its nucleus. Such a sight made her eyes widen and given they were using these weapons as an analog for the Hollow menace they were likely facing there was only one assumption to be made. Especially given what they'd witnessed of the Hollow killed the previous day in Karakura Town. After gaining power from each individual, the Hollows were detaching and going back to their original self, allowing the host to grow and absorb the powers which they'd gathered. "I imagine something ridiculously strong, large, with a litany of powers and physical features which make it almost impossible to properly destroy. And we're supposed to figure out how to kill it, with minimal casualties while not alerting it that we're on to it," the girl said running a hand over her face. Something like this was beyond normal levels of thought provoking. Even if they managed to figure it all out, there was the matter of baiting it to appear so it could be properly trapped and killed. There was also still the distinct possibility of all this being for no reason given their other lines of thought connected to this moment. "Alright, sounds perfectly reasonable," she finished with a tone that dripped with sarcasm.

"I figured we'd be on the same page there. There isn't much else to it, I suppose," he said. After showcasing the evolutionary abilities of the Bakkoutou in this singular manner, he returned the tool to the wall. He came to realize that this Bakkoutou did not feel the way it likely should have when he touched it, but that was a matter for another time. For now, they had to work toward solving the issues they were looking forward to. "So, all we have to do is find the perfect countermeasure for whatever sort of creature emerges from this. This hollow here will probably serve its use before we end this experiment... and its life."

Benihime nodded her agreement. Of course, she fully expected them to agree on how this would be handled as they seemed to have very similar leanings to begin with. As they moved on through this moment, it seemed his showcase of the abilities of the Bakkoutou would end with him replacing one upon the wall as they moved on to discussing how to find the manner in which to end the Hollow which was likely to emerge from the multitude of smaller ones. "Hm, well if we start with this one as the base; It regenerates, absorbs Reiryoku, and is capable of nullifying its own presence..." she said as she began thinking her left hand palming the back of her head. "The most problematic of these when applied to a larger more powerful creature is the regeneration..." she said thinking about it more. "In most of the smaller Hollows there is a limitation to how much or how often they can regenerate. It wouldn't really be a problem, except absorbing Reiryoku would make it so a creature large enough, made up of enough of the other Hollows who've already collected a significant amount, would be capable of doing so indefinitely," the girl could speak with decent authority on this part considering her own research. Even so, if they could potentially halt the regeneration of whatever conglomerate beast was coming, they might be capable of ending it before was too much of a problem. "Oh, and killing the little pieces. Most or all of them would need to be destroyed before they rejoin their host or disappear from perception, for us to have any real guarantee of victory."

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast