Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Kumori Manor

As the discussion of minds began, Raizen leaned over the pit of black gems. He scooped up a handful while Benihime spoke, and found himself nodding during various points made by the woman. Her knowledge of High-Speed Regeneration in Hollows would be invaluable here, without a doubt, but the precise level of threat they were dealing with was still up for debate. Raizen's own consideration went to this, and the potential resurgence of the threat if/when they managed to deal with it. "We may very well want to wait this out. It may seem cruel to the Soul Society, but I believe it's the only way we can be anywhere near sure all the pieces are in one place. If I'm not mistaken, these little beauties will be able to help us when the time comes for us to act."

Benihime's words seemed to resonate with the man she was speaking with. Her knowledge in this situation was a bit more valuable than it had been for the reasons she'd used it herself. Then again, she couldn't really be upset about this, but as their discussion progressed it became obvious that there would be something of a wait involved because their target was still too much of an unknown. "Waiting is without a doubt something that will be seen as a cruelty. But a necessary cruelty will eventually be forgiven. Besides, making such decisions for them will keep them from having to think about doing it themselves. Most of them wouldn't do it, and it'd lead to more problems in the future," she said of the decision which would obviously be the waiting and gathering of various pieces of this Hollow in a single place so that they could kill all the pieces at once. It seemed Raizen thought these black gems would be helpful in this matter this made her peek over the man's shoulder, looking into his hand with a grin on her face. "Sugei~ do those do what I think they do?" she asked seemingly amused by the idea and having the immediate desire to possess a few both for the ascetics of them and for the supposed purpose.

"True enough. They always come around eventually... Apparently, even when they've decided to execute someone." With the gems in his hand, he began pacing the room. This, of course, came to a stop when Benihime peered over his shoulder to view and address the items. "I suppose... that depends," he said while looking over his shoulder to view the woman directly. As he did, a sly grin was upon his face. "What is it you think they do?"

Benihime found herself chuckling just a little as the man stated that the people of the Soul Society managed to change their minds about things that should be final. Of course, she had to agree, since it'd been possible to change their minds about his execution, still it was a bit of a leap to assume if anyone knew about their plans that they'd be okay with the idea that the pair had made the entirety of the Gotei 13 bait for an experiment. Even if both parties could in general prove it was worthwhile in the end. Soon enough though a sly grin was coming her way and it made her return one, as she thought about the best way to reason through her thoughts on the potential of the gems. Most people wouldn't be able to follow the rather open ended way the girl had come to her conclusions but she figured Raizen would understand, even if she happened to be wrong. "Well, aside from being totally fashionable, with the potential to accessorize. I figured they'd be used to make up one possible deficit of our potential actions, mostly because you mentioned they'd help. That being our ability to act via actually getting to the place that our new Hollow friends will go when they chose to amass. Considering where they were found, I figured they were connected either to your abilities or Hollows. That would be either, using them as some sort of spacial manipulation for transport or as tracers. Personally I am hoping for spacial manipulation cause that seems more interesting, but... I could be wrong about it in general... there isn't much context to go on~" she chimed seeming to find it amusing. "Though I was kind of hoping I could just lead you into telling me... but that sly grin of yours said you weren't going to, damn shame. That look says you're up to something, Kumori-taichou~"

Raizen's grin was met with one of Benihime's own, and followed soon enough by her thoughts on the gems. He had to admit that, for having such little information to go by, she'd done well toward discovering the intention of the items. However, there was a bit more to it than that. "To be most specific, these things have a connection to both of us. I told you the story of our ancestors; this was something that came a bit later in the Kumori lineage. These crystals connect to Kyougoku, and can be used to open portals between them. This is how the Kumori avoided the eyes of the Central 46 for so long. In this case, though... I think we may be able to use them for the sake of creating a detainment field that could keep our friend trapped between our world, and the Kyougoku. If we do that, none of it should be able to escape."

Soon enough she was given the full explanation she'd prodded for. She was quite proud of herself while being given the details of how close she'd come without knowing much of anything, and seemed content to celebrate her momentary victory. What Raizen had to say about it, was just as interesting as what he intended to use the items for himself. It was also interesting that said items were technically connected to both of them. "Moving between Kyougoku is pretty sneaky... I'm a little impressed~" she said of the previous incarnation of the Kumori who'd been doing such things to avoid the watchful eye of the Central 46. Though it hadn't done them a lot of good in the end, she could at least respect a bit of hidden movement, that much was obvious by her own choices. She'd gently toyed with the idea the previous day of using her Zanpakuto in such a manner considering what she was already capable of with it, the fact that the Kumori exploited such a thing simply made it a more concrete thing to try at some point. A hint of deviousness moved across her face as she had this thought, but she soon returned to directly addressing what Raizen had to say, regardless of her own plans. "Sou ka, that's a really good idea." she said seeming to be okay with this plan as it was obviously rather easily worked out. Between the pair of them and their shared knowledge as well as their ability to use Kidou, she thought that it couldn't be particularly hard to pull off such a thing. "So we keep parts of it from escaping and figure out the best possible way to destroy it all at once. This is seeming more and more feasible by the second," she said as if unbothered by any of the present situation.

The day after issues concerning what was becoming known as "the silent invasion," Raizen returned to his new, yet technically old home. His arrival came with a somewhat brief walk throughout the manor, which led him to a rather large training field in the back yard of the property. Once there, he stretched and breathed in the open air, all as a gentle wind whispered through the trees of the forest behind the property. Being here reminded him of his youth, when he lived here last. More importantly, it also gave him reason to look to the future, and the presence of numerous Kidou Corps members patrolling the property gave further credence to this.

The next day when Kumori Raizen would be outside of his house, another Captain would soon be showing their face on the property. This particular Captain was quite familiar with the layout and had technically been invited to this very training ground by the lad on the previous day. She wore raven hair up in two horn like attachments, she wore a sleeveless haori with the kanji for two on the back as well as the garb she'd gotten used to as a member of the Onmitsukidou including a pair of ballooning hakama wrapped around the ankle and a small spider like dao top which left her shoulders exposed. A small wakizashi attached to her lower back beneath her haori not that she'd ever bother drawing it. "Ohayou Gozaimasu, Raizen-kun. You wanted to see me?" said the Captain of the 2nd Division Han Juri.

Raizen was content to relax in the open training grounds until the person he'd scheduled to have meet him here arrived. He took a seat on one of three steps leading into the open area from the house, and soon enough, one who did not belong to the Kidou Corps he now commanded stepped out of the building. Leaning back on his hands, Raizen looked over his shoulder to view the black-haired woman. "Konbanwa, anesan," he said in spite of the sun in the sky, also addressing the woman in a way he'd not done since his childhood. "I think I can easily get used to being here now. It's a shame you have so much more responsibility now. These Kidoushuu members don't really compare to what I remember. So... I called you, to say I want the current Corps Commander of the Kanshitai to fill your old position here."

Juri was soon struck by a wave of nostalgia as she was greeted by the lad in a way he hadn't done in quite a while. "Oh, well you seem to be a good mood," she said with a smirk. It seemed her summoning here today had to do with the offer of giving him a guard like the one she used to be when she'd previously handed over this home once more. His demand for the person who'd taken her place made her chuckle just a little. "Sou ka..." Juri said thinking of what this young man probably remembered from his childhood she could understand why he'd want a little more than his Kidoushuu guards. "It is a shame I do a bit more now, but we could still hang out from time to time. Even I get bored doing work all the time," she said in her usual way. Beyond this the person who'd taken her place as the head of the Kanshitai was surprisingly well-suited for the type of person Raizen was likely to get along with. "The Kanshitai's current head is Takagi Sayuri. She's also the 4th Seat of the 2nd Division because of the way I organized this time. I think she would enjoy the posting and you'd probably like her too. Would you like to meet her to be sure, I can have her brought here..." she said of the girl in question, Raizen's answer would bring a messenger to the Captain of the Second instantaneously who'd confirm the order before leaving. When setting Noble Families up with guards many wanted different things. Some just wanted to know about their statistics, others just wanted a general reference, she imagined Raizen being a seeing is believing sort of person.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast