Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [11th Division] Headquarters & Barracks

[11th Division] Headquarters & Barracks

The day after the afternoon and subsequent night she'd spent in the company of Kumori Raizen, Benihime could be found skipping into the 11th Division. She had a bright smile on her face, her zanpakuto strapped back on her lower back with its hilt sticking out on the left hand side. She was wrapped as usual in bandages around her chest, feet and wrists, wearing over-sized black hakama which were uniform code at her approach. This girl, had already reported back to her Captain after being on an excursion to the Human World, and seemed to be in the best mood she would ever be seen in. As she stopped she was in search of a particular individual, one whom she'd been meeting up with at least once a week since the Tournament of Power, but she'd skipped the previous week due to her own bad feelings. This week seemed to be the complete opposite of that. "Oi!~ Ryo-kun!~" she chimed seemingly a shining gem of personality at this hour when she was normally much more reserved, as her crimson ponytail swayed in the breeze.

On her path, this redhead was viewed strangely by various members of the 11th Division. Never had they seen an outsider simply saunter into the barracks while looking pleased about the trip, bar the few who'd been around long enough to recall the days of Inuzuri Kenpachi's previous reign during visits from a particularly battle-savvy challenging Captain. Even these individuals considered this skipping 5th Seat to be a strange occurrence, though. One specific member of the Division had no... or rather, less issues with these antics. It was none other than Koiso Ryohei, the man who'd been named 3rd Seat of the Division some months prior due in part to a fight with this particular woman. He stood just outside the office of the Vice-Captain, whom he'd been aiming to speak with before hearing his name called. Turning to find the culprit, he noted the strange state she was in. "... Yo. Who tickled your tits?"

If the young redhead was being strangely viewed by everyone, it seemed she didn't notice or care. Soon enough, she'd found the young man she was looking for who seemed to have a very acute sense of the happiness in this young woman. Even so, nothing about her face changed and she simply feigned ignorance over what he could have been talking about. "No idea what you mean by that, Ryo-kun," she said as she came to a complete rest at his side, that same glowing serene smile on her face, her left elbow resting on the hilt of her blade. "Anyway, I skipped out last week, I wasn't feeling up to it," she stated plainly making her reason for being here known.

Of course, she'd skipped out on this for multiple reasons, the first of which being her own depressed mental state. And beyond that the matter of avoiding the new Kenpachi as the man was rather intimidating to the young woman, but she was feeling particularly pleased today and given this she had no problem showing up here. Her only thoughts were about her potential physical match up. "I wouldn't wanna get rusty or anything..." the girl started, seemingly the same amount of pleased by what she was about to say. "So you up for the usual, maybe a bit more? I got some new stuff and I need a proper fight to try it out~" Benihime mentioned not seeming to have a care in the world. Of course, the Vice-Captain of the 11th Division was indeed in her office if the young man still needed to speak with her. She'd been working on various transfer forms and paperwork since the return of one Inuzuri Kenpachi.

"... Hmm," Ryohei muttered after hearing the words spoken by Benihime; he'd actually been seeking his Vice-Captain for a sparring match, but it seemed Benihime had come to face him this week. She even claimed there were some new things she intended to test out, and she sought to use a fight with him to do so. He hadn't tasted combat with this woman in some time, and he was keen to have an entertaining fight. "I happened to be looking for a fight. I'll take you on."

It seemed that the young man she'd come to was at least willing to face her. Of course, Benihime fully expected this regardless of whatever else he had on his plate. One thing she'd learned over the course of her stay as a Shinigami was that an 11th Division member, one who was really one all the way down to their core, couldn't resist a good fight. She'd had a happy smile across her face the entire time, it now morphed into a bit of a grin as she chuckled out a reply to Ryohei's statement. "Oh? Looking for a fight and one comes to find you, must be your lucky day, Ryo-kun~" she chimed seemingly pleased with the knowledge that she was going to get the fight she was looking for. "Did you already have a venue in mind for the fight you were looking for? I'm ready to get started!"

"Same place we always have fights around here. Right in the courtyard," Ryohei said as he simply walked into a more open area nearby, choosing this spot to immediately unsheathe his katana. He stood with the same relaxed posture he always had, showing no sign whatsoever of any formal training or refinement in his abilities. "So, what's this new shit you've got goin' on?" By sheer coincidence, the battle that was about to begin was visited by someone a bit higher on the proverbial totem pole than the common folk of the 11th Division. Approaching at this point was none other than the Division's Captain, who stopped several meters away from the ensuing combat to look upon these young Shinigami.

"Alright, but no blame goes to me for anything that happens~" she said, knowing that they were a bit above the normal level of people who'd take to a fight in a courtyard. Even so, the girl bounded outdoors still with the lightest of skips in her step as she prepared to take on this particular combatant. Even with the seriousness of the impending situation the girl didn't seem to have an ounce of anything resembling a negative emotion in her person. The boy before her, still maintained his most relaxed posture, which made her think he still didn't have any formal training, but that was what she was looking for anyways. "I can't really tell you. You'll have to see it... I need an instinctual reaction, it's why I'm here~" the redhead bounced on her toes, a couple of times, and once she was sure she was ready her left hand rested over the hilt of her blade, her intention to draw it in the reverse grip she tended to favor.

She counted the taps of her foot feeling the rhythm to get ready to move and on the fifth bounce as soon as her foot touched the ground she'd vanish. A quick use of Shunpo would bring her to Ryohei's fore her body low to the ground as she aimed to spring up while she drew her weapon. The ebony blade would gleam as it spun in the air right above her hand only once before she caught it in that reverse grip, aiming to immediately bring it up the young man's torso from his right up to his left shoulder before bringing it immediately back down from the left shoulder to his right hip. This was done as if she intended to apply a double wound to this specific area mere millimeters apart. The force of this girl's swings if they were blocked would be noted to be markedly improved as if she'd been committed to a bit of physical training in her absence. While this happened the girl took note of appearance of a certain Captain of this Division, but it didn't change her initial goal. 'Great, the only audience member I was hoping to avoid shows up... I'd think I was unlucky normally but maybe, I've been considering luck wrong~'

The moment Benihime's hand began moving in the direction of her Zanpakutou, Ryohei's eyes narrowed. He'd come to anticipate the advantage in mobility this redhead had against him, and by now, he also had a good measure of his own ability to deal with said mobility. When Shunpo was utilized, Ryohei made no effort to track her movements for the duration. Had he done so, he surely would have been caught off guard while still trying to pinpoint the moving target.

Benihime's emergence from Shunpo came directly in front of the 3rd Seat, and when it did, her Zanpakutou was drawn in its usual flashy manner. When her upward slash began, the positioning of Ryohei's Zanpakutou allowed him an easy transition to clash against her blade where it would have met his right hip, thereby allowing nothing more than a shallow wound from the middle of his torso to his left shoulder as it continued past his own katana. The secondary slash would meet no resistance at all, but this was not to be attributed to a lack of movement from Ryohei. Instead, he'd chosen to immediately follow the first slash against him with an attack of his own. Said attack would see the tip of his blade aiming to penetrate the left side of Benihime's abdominal region at precisely the same time her secondary attack began, just as her arm would be obscuring the view of his weapon.

In the meantime, the resident Captain settled into his observation of this battle. He stood closer to this pair than any of the other spectators, crossing his arms and watching intently as things began. At this time, he had only one thing to say to anyone, and he yelled it loudly enough for his words to reach their intended target. "Satsuki!"

The battle began. It seemed that her opponent had become a bit too used to the amount of speed which Benihime maintained. Given this, he was prepared not to visually follow the girl, and instead wait for her appearance. Such was expected by the redhead, which is why she'd gone along with her attack even knowing such a response was coming. All was done in preparation for something new. She'd managed a shallow wound against the lad as she brought her sword up, but while her arm blocked view it would appear that she was being stabbed through the left side of her abdomen, as her own sword came down. The girl's face managed to look shocked by the attack, if only for a moment before the semi-tangible clone dispersed as the lad finished his own slash. Benihime herself had shifted to the boy's right hand side and was launching a sweeping spin kick into his stomach from that side with her left leg, and enough strength with the additional rotation to knock him backward and away from her while she mentally analyzed the usefulness of technique against something capable of properly thinking and reacting. 'Sou ka, that's surprisingly a bit easier to pull off than I thought it would be...' she thought absently.

Meanwhile, the battle was being properly observed by the Captain of this Division and at the calling of a single name the Vice-Captain, Kiryuuin Satsuki emerged from her office to use Shunpo to appear at the man's side. Wearing her standard Shinigami uniform with her badge attached to her left arm, she had her Zanpakuto on her right side equipped as if she intended to be ready for battle at a moment's notice. Short locks of black hair with underside red highlights seemed to contrast with blue eyes alight with a bit of fire behind them and narrowed always. She looked up to see the ongoing battle and raised a brow. These two people had come to fight a couple of times over the last few months, and it was always random and interesting to see by her own standards. "Hai, Inuzuri-taichou," she answered her captain wondering what he could need with her.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast