Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: [11th Division] Headquarters & Barracks

"I'd say it was going on long before that. Ohka-taichou's Reiryoku was completely absorbed into that Hollow, so I'd say it had taken absolute control. He wasn't exactly the weakest Captain of his time, arguably. All evidence points to him effortlessly killing his own Vice-Captain, and going on to defeat Fayeling-taichou in combat before Tamamura-taichou faced him." When Benihime went on to state how the Captains likely should be divided for the time being, Raizen moved around the barrier which held this Hollow, deciding soon enough to share his own thoughts on the matter. "There's no point. If a Captain were to be affected by this sort of thing, then they've already been latched onto. Unless... there's a more direct method, which I frankly think we'd be better off baiting out. I personally have nothing against being this bait. These things seem interested in me, anyway."

"I was trying not to just assume everyone else's incompetence," Benihime mentioned, seeming to think something negative of the idea that she'd noticed this problem as a relative child in the Academy while Shinigami had been dealing with this likely for decades before she was even concerned with any of this. The idea that something like this had gone completely unnoticed for long enough that a Captain was completely taken over before anyone noticed anything was wrong, made her fear for the safety of the Seireitei as a whole.

Soon enough though this line of thought was interrupted by Raizen who thought it might be a better idea to bait out the Hollow which was the problem in case there was a more direct method of infection. "Volunteering to be victim, you must really like being in the middle of these things," she said as she thought about it more. "Though, one would wonder why they are so interested in you as well. I mean besides the most obvious reason," she said aloud. To be technical he was the best possible candidate as she was already sure he wasn't infected and he likely held at least baseline immunity against being properly infected. Beyond this, it seemed like the best possible outcomes would come from this course of action. "Hai, seems like a good idea. We should tell Aya-tai, and I should... take this one back to my lab," she said pointing to the Hollow in the barrier. Thinking about the boy on the ground if only for a passing second before deciding when he finally woke up he'd probably be fine aside from feeling bad. "Objections?"

"That's the sort of thinking that breeds incompetence of the self. You should avoid the habit," he said with a strangely high amount of interest being paid to the Hollow, for some reason. As for him volunteering to be bait for this investigation, Raizen had already theorized ways his own Hollow powers could override or assimilate the powers of any Hollow that aimed to enter him. While this was only theory, he'd yet to be fully wrong about such things. "Their interest in me from the start is no different from their interest in you. Obviously, it has become a bit... different over time. And... yes, I do have an objection. I suppose, though, I could just... join you in your lab to go through with my own research?"

"So, I get to go back to assuming everyone else is dumber than me, nice~" she commented as if it was the most normal thing in the world. To be fair, she usually assumed other people were dumb, but she'd been trying not to for a while as part of her pitch to blend in better with the general population. Of course, there was little to no point in this now, so the more detached mannerisms of the young woman were sure to return. It seemed that Raizen's issue with these spider baring Hollows wasn't much different from Benihime's own, though she assumed his own Hollow appearing was probably the shift in their interest in him. A snicker came from the young woman as she considered this. But soon enough she'd moved on to the matter of him joining her in her laboratory since she obviously wanted to investigate this Hollow further. "Yes, you can do your research in my lab if you'd like," she said pointing to the Hollow in the barrier. "I do need a shot at that before anything drastic happens to it though," she finished. With that said the girl intended to take off for her lab with the same pace she'd come in with, seemingly equally as amused as she skipped off towards the 12th Division.

"Probably the best idea in this sort of situation," Raizen said while spinning the barrier around his hand, and by virtue of this, moving around the Hollow within it. It had a very interesting appearance, and its mask was likely the strangest looking thing he'd ever seen on a Hollow. Though Benihime agreed to have him within her laboratory in the 12th Division, she stressed wanting to view this Hollow herself before anything drastic occurred with it. "Hai hai," he agreed, after which he followed behind the woman to this lab of hers. As the two walked away, Kenpachi scoffed once more. "Just like that, two fights gone. Maybe this Hollow shit will give me something useful to deal with."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234