Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [11th Division] Headquarters & Barracks

Much to his own expectation, Ryohei's blade felt the sweet sensation of penetrating flesh during his retaliation attack. As he drove the sword forward, though, his eyes were forced to widen by the disappearance of his opponent. This was entirely unreasonable; there was no way even the fastest Shunpo could be used while one's blade was within the user's body, without being noticeable. This was something entirely different, and its existence was bothersome. Before he could even rationalize what had occurred, something struck Ryohei's side and launched him to his immediate left while both winding and shocking him. He came to a skidding, spinning stop to let himself look toward where Benihime now stood, and without the wound from his sword, to boot. "I felt my sword hit you. What the hell kinda trick was that?" he asked immediately prior to spitting upon the ground next to him.

With the appearance of the 11th Division's Vice-Captain, Inuzuri Kenpachi shifted his gaze away from the ongoing fight. Of course, this only came after the further narrowing of his eyes, due in part to the tricky maneuver performed by this redhead. The woman named Satsuki appeared ready for combat during her arrival, but for once, he had not summoned her for such reasons. Instead, he needed her long-standing presence in the Division's leadership to sate his curiosity. "Who's that fighting Koiso? Is that one of ours?"

Her attack had gone off without a hitch, and this caused Benihime to grin at Ryohei as he spit after being hit. She knew for certain that if he was questioning the technique she'd pulled it off properly. She shook off the feeling and hopped from left to right with a chuckle. "Ryo-kun, it was a high speed movement technique. One that I admittedly am not supposed to know, probably. But... shush, that'll be our little secret~" she said with a smirk. "I needed to know if that was actually viable for me before I wasted time on it... seems like it could work out pretty well though," the young woman said as she bounced on her toes, tossing her sword back and forth between her right and left hands as if thinking about something. "Oh, I had a whole list in my head, but I lost it... oh well, making shit up now~" she caught her sword in her right hand and charged forward again slashing at the young man before her with the sword from her right, aiming to slash across his chest once more, if it made contact the wound caused by it would only be superficial and intentionally so. Only for the redhead to immediately follow up with a left hook to the right side of his jaw, both delivered with more than a little force. She was once again preparing for another technique, but before she enacted it, she had to get a feel for the strength of her swings.

While this fight carried on Satsuki soon learned why she was being summoned. A bit of a smirk came to her face, the curiosity about this girl was always rather high, but she had at least basic information about her, because of a few factors. "That girl is Niwatoko Benihime, and she isn't one of ours, but not for lack of trying," she said of the red haired fighter whose combat skills Satsuki respected. "She's the top graduate out of last year's Academy Class, graduated the whole course in just a year. Upon leaving she entered the 12th Division as 5th seat. She also topped the Tournament of Power seated officer bracket, beating out Koiso-kun, in the final match." the young woman finished this speech as she continued to watch the fight, she'd noticed the outrageous skills of the still developing Shinigami who fought like she'd been at it for several centuries already.

Ryohei readied himself again while awaiting the retort of Benihime. Apparently, it was not Shunpo she'd used, but a different type of Hohou technique he'd never known about. Now that he thought about it, he'd seen something like this before. "Ah... that guy used that against you in the tournament. You an understudy or something now?" he asked. With that, Benihime was once again approaching him to attack. This time, Ryohei charged at her as well. He now wore a small form of the grin he'd come to be recognizable by, and as Benihime's sword swept through the air, his sword followed the opposite path. This normally would have resulted in a clash of blades to parry Benihime's sword, but this was not the case. Instead, Ryohei performed a quick hop-step back at the end of his dash, leaving both Benihime's sword, and his own, to cut through thin air. Ryohei followed this with another dash forward from close range, ducking beneath the redhead's fist while his blade aimed to slash through her lower abdomen.

"Niwatoko, hm?" said Kenpachi, who seemed to find this name somewhat familiar. He couldn't quite place why this was the case, but that didn't very much matter at the moment. What did matter, was the fact that this individual could face his 3rd Seat in such a way, but was not among their ranks. "That tournament was one of those climbing style bracket things, wasn't it? So, she fought someone stronger after that, right?"

There would soon be a reply from Ryohei about where she'd picked up this particular technique. It seemed that there was something of this ones observational skills which made a small smirk come to the young woman's face as she attempted her maneuvers. "I wouldn't fight someone who couldn't show me something new, but I don't think I'd classify as an understudy," she said with a chuckle. Soon her eyes widened just slightly, as there was something completely new and shocking happening here. Her sword went through nothing, making her reflexively let go of it, as the boy before her randomly decided to stop short before closing the distance between them. His duck came under her fist which also hit nothing, but instead opened to catch her sword in a reversed grip in time to have it in place to block the slash coming for her lower abdomen but it still had enough force to push her away. The smile on her face didn't seem to waver at all, in fact she was laughing just a little. "Kukuku~, like that... that's new and why I still come here," she said of the boy's rather unorthodox fighting style as she readied herself, charging Reiryoku up the blackened blade of her Zanpakuto in a very strange way, she wasn't preparing a regular attack.

It seemed Satsuki was currently destined to keep chatting about the girl fighting, but she didn't seem to have much of a problem with this. The young ones out of the most recent classes of graduates of the Academy were always a topic of conversation for more veteran members who had nothing else to talk about. It seemed that the Captain of the 11th Division was at least a little bit familiar with the idea behind the Tournament though he'd still be incarcerated at the time that it was taking place. She simply nodded pushing locks of hair out of her face. "Yeah it was like that. The winner of the seated officer bracket, got to interject themselves after one of the other fights, in the Vice-Captains bracket. This girl, chose to fight then Vice-Captain of the 10th Division Kumori Raizen, after watching him beat, Yoshitsune-fukutaichou," she said thinking about it that match was one of the more exciting to see. "She lost that one. But... Kumori-taichou was a monster of a Vice-Captain," said Satsuki, who'd lost in the semi-finals round as well.

Ryohei's blade was not destined to draw blood just yet, but that was all fine. At the very least, he'd managed to push Benihime away from himself with his attack, and that was progress toward him getting a proper bout of exercise out of this fight sooner than he'd expected. Of course, this was followed by Benihime preparing something else. Ryohei stood across from the woman, pointing his blade in her direction as he, too, channeled his energy through his Zanpakutou. "Not an understudy. Just a member of the fan club, huh?"

Kenpachi's arms were crossed as he heard what Satsuki had to say. Her words should have been distressing, but in the case of Kenpachi being the listener, a grin was brought to his face instead. "Kumori? He's that fresh as a Captain, then? Damn shame. I thought I'd get a fight outta that one, but... if this girl's already fighting almost Captains, she'll be something to look forward to just as soon as that Kumori kid might be."

"There's a fan club?!" she questioned as if serious. To be honest, if there was such a thing and she wasn't the president of it, she had a problem with it existing, but this wasn't a problem for now. No, she'd log that one away for much later, instead she ran her right hand over the blade of her Zanpakuto, her eyes glowing a fierce shade of crimson as the wind blew her bangs out of her face for just a moment. She still owed this young man a courtesy and beyond that she needed to do what was next in order to test her newest technique. "Tenchikaimei..." she said as her blade transformed into a longer more hollowed out version of the same sword and her own shadow darkened just a bit. She soon held a red hilt in her hand and a blade swirling with energy, seeming to have fixed itself since the incident yesterday. "Yakouboku." This release gave the girl a bit more power, and seemed to feed into a proper battle feeling. "I meant to show you this, it's ready for use now~" the girl said.

Meanwhile Satsuki noted the words used by her Captain to consider the information about this young woman, and the young Captain of the 10th Division. His reaction would have distressed a normal person, but as a true member of the 11th Satsuki had a bit of a chuckle at it. "Hai, Kumori-taichou, became Captain the same day you did, technically speaking... And he was an early graduate of the Academy the year before Niwatoko-chan, like I said, a monster of a Vice-Captain," she said of Kumori Raizen. It seemed that her Captain was one of a few who didn't mind the apparent strange amount of power and wit coming out of more recent academy students, his reaction seemed to make Satsuki laugh just a little. "I missed you Inuzuri-taichou, no pansy reaction from you, looking forward to the fight!" she said seemingly excited by the prospect herself. She then thought of something the man beside her might find interesting. "Kumori-taichou, won the Vice-Captain's bracket, he moved on to fight Tamamura-taichou, and... injured her getting himself arrested in the process... so it might not be that long a wait."

"Lemme see... pretty much all the records in the academy broken, including graduation time... stupid strong... white hair... gold eyes. Yeah, there's a damn fan club. That Ikaruga from the 9th is head of it. The... the 5th Seat; not the Captain. Anyway... Buttegire." With his command delivered, Ryohei slashed outward, and his sword quickly took the form of a large cleaver. "So, what'cha got for me this time?"

"Looking forward to it ain't what I'd say. I need a good fight after all this time," said Kenpachi. He now considered the idea of facing this redhead himself, but a pause came to his train of thought when Satsuki mentioned an injury being delivered to one Tamamura Tamao during a fight with the new Captain of the 10th Division. His eyes widened, and he immediately looked toward his Vice-Captain again. "What!? Don't tell me she's gotten weak after all this time!"

Benihime managed to actually look genuinely shocked by the revelation that there was indeed a fan club for one Kumori Raizen. She supposed given all she knew about the man, it wasn't really that surprising to know that others had taken a liking to him, though the idea of a fan club seemed a bit creepy. "Ano, I didn't expect that sort of answer. Also I don't know who that is at all..." she said. She was slightly relieved that her own habits let her fly a bit under the radar, she wouldn't have liked to find out she had a fan club or anything of the sort, but she supposed people like Raizen might enjoy such things. Moving right along the transformation of Ryohei's weapon came as well, and when it did a small smirk came to the girl's face as she began twisting her sword around in her fingers, making it so that the blade touched her shadow when the sword spun but didn't actually touch the ground. "Oh, just a little something~" she said as she stopped the spinning of her blade and drew her sword arm across her chest, the entire time it was collecting energy and she soon enough launched an attack though it wasn't at all what one would expect. She didn't aim to close the distance between them and instead launched a blast of energy in the boy's direction by way of a fairly powerful kidou spell. "Hadou no Nanajuuhachi, Zangerin." the launch of this spell seemed to be quite powerful indeed, having enough strength behind it to completely blow over the weak and likely cut clean through anything unprepared to deal with it. But the girl wouldn't stop there, she followed the path of this spell as she moved forward aiming to be right behind it as she tried to stab through Ryohei's abdomen from close range.

Satsuki continued speaking with her Captain, she was happy much hadn't changed about him over the course of his incarceration. It seemed just like all real members of the 11th Division he was looking for a good fight. Her thoughts on commenting on this were only slightly diverted by the commentary about Tamao which caused the man to look at her making an exclamation about the 6th Division Captain's potential weakness. It was alright though, Satsuki was ready to clear this up. "Iie, nothing like that. Tamamura-taichou and Kumori-taichou had a match in that tournament. Apparently he requested she be able to fight on even terms with him. He went on to get overwhelmed by her and when it happened he changed," she said giving pause. There were only really rumors about the rest of this situation so she could only say what she'd witnessed. "We don't know the details, but apparently whatever else he is, decided to go beast on Tamamura-taichou and ran her through after taking a serious injury. She was okay afterwards, and Kumori-taichou was arrested under suspicion of giving himself the powers of a Hollow," she said explaining the situation as much as she could. "Ugh, that whole thing gives me a headache though, if something like that makes him strong, I don't see why anyone should get in trouble. He spent a few months getting ready for execution and he got sprung and the Central 46 released him back to his duties... still it wasn't any weakness on Tamamura-taichou's part, just that kid's potential."

"You'd probably like her. She's strong, and she's got skill. I'm no fan of that Shikai, though," Ryohei commented, finding the 9th's 5th Seat to have a Zanpakutou he personally disliked. In all other aspects, though, he could respect this individual. It seemed Benihime would be going the extra mile in showcasing her Shikai, which kept Ryohei's interest by simple virtue of retaining the shape of a sword. What she did afterwards, though, was not exactly something belonging to said sword; it was instead a spell to be channeled through one's Zanpakutou. Ryohei's Reiatsu flared as his sword was brought down to cut through this wave, using the added power of his Shikai's iron transference abilities, but he had more to worry about. Benihime had trailed immediately behind this spell of hers, and threatened to run him through with her blade. Immediately following his own slash, Ryohei had to slide to his right to narrowly avoid the sword. As its blade sliced through the left side of his Shihakusho, Ryohei brought his cleaver from the right side of him toward Benihime's back, turning in a way that would leave him directly facing her left side as he did so.

In the meantime, Kenpachi's gaze had returned to the fight yet again. Still, the discussion with his Vice-Captain remained unhindered by where his attention was placed visually. "Powers of a Hollow, huh... So I can beat up on a Captain-level Hollow right here at home? Sounds like the life to me. At least she ain't weak now. I couldn't deal with the Gotei if they let that happen."

"Strong with skills? That's a ringing endorsement from you, Ryo-kun~" said the girl as her blade didn't seem to find its home she pushed forward having the feeling of the coming follow-up attack as she turned her body slightly she planted her sword into the ground, this likely had dual purposes one of which would go unexplored as she used it for leverage after leaning forward, the lifting her right leg to apply a quick jabbing kick to the sword to knock it away from her person and then using a sweeping motion of her left to kick at the man now to her left side from his right shoulder towards the ground, her hope to knock him away and jar him just a bit while she used the momentum of the kick to spin herself around the sword hopefully to land unhindered on the ground where she'd pull it up again with haste.

Satsuki's attention also returned to the battle and she had to say she was always impressed when watching Ryohei fight, even with opponents like this girl before him. In fact, she'd been stunned by his matches in the tournament even when he lost to Benihime because of his fights previous to those. "Right? Seems like you'll have a good time being back, Inuzuri-taichou," she said choosing rather liberally not to comment on whatever interest the Captain had in the maintained strength of one Tamamura Tamao. Instead now spectating the fight she realized that Ryohei and Benihime were both very different kinds of combatants from the norm. "I wonder if it's possible to convince her to transfer here," she said thoughtfully, she'd had the same thought before and thought she had a good chance of convincing the girl to join when she'd run into her at the Recruitment Drive while she was still in the Academy. She also still wanted to face the girl in combat and find out what all the fuss was about.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast