Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [11th Division] Headquarters & Barracks

"Call it that if you want," he replied. Benihime had made a decision to continue alternating between sword combat, and use of her body as a weapon. In doing so, she abandoned the use of her blade to use it as leverage and kicked at his sword, sending it through the air to land several meters away from him. Something about this moment was quite familiar, but the time he would have had to reminisce on this was instead spent raising his left hand against the incoming kick toward his person. Though he was still forced back by the power of this attack, he managed to shake his arm a few times to deal with the numbness. "Guess you got me. Maybe next time," he said.

Kenpachi was bothered that one of his strongest subordinates managed to be disarmed in such a way, but he was more intrigued by the potential of this 5th Seat. "Nah. We don't want these types with us. We want them somewhere else so we can have some fun," he commented while stepping toward the pair of combatants. When he next spoke, it would be to Benihime herself. "Oi. You're not bad."

If Benihime had anything else to say, she'd lost it in the moment of the rather critical maneuver she'd committed to in order to disarm the man she was fighting. It seemed she'd succeeded as she pulled her sword up and out of the ground after a spinning landing, the next words from Ryohei were him admitting his loss in this particular match up. "Hai hai, I look forward to it~" she said as she sealed her blade spinning it around in her left hand before sheathing it at her lower back and pausing to take a generous stretch. "Also thanks, I think I am almost back to normal."

While this fight concluded Satsuki got words from her Captain which made her smile. "Uh-huh, at least this one isn't afraid so she actually stops by once in a while," she said of Benihime. But before Benihime could get ready to properly leave this place, their audience seemed to be approaching, Satsuki also followed her Captain over casting a quick narrow eyed glance to Ryohei who'd managed to lose this particular match up. This incarnation of Kenpachi seemed to have nothing but a compliment in mind to give the girl and she could do nothing but accept it in her usual way. She managed to look a bit sheepish knowing that he'd been watching since the beginning she couldn't manage to pretend to play off her own abilities. "Arigatou gozaimasu, Inuzuri-taichou," she mentioned as she palmed the back of her head with her left hand. "Also nice to meet you..." she said recalling that she'd seen this man once before, when he'd all but cleared out the Hollow problem of the previous week single-handedly as well as an expediant handling of the previous Kenpachi.

"Hai. See ya' when it's time for the next one," Ryohei said, moving on from there to retrieve and seal his Zanpakutou. With that out of the way, he waved over his shoulder to the redhead, and continued walking. Shortly afterwards, Kenpachi faced the redhead during her introduction. When he was greeted, the man simply nodded. There were other, more exciting things to go on about here, and none of them involved sharing words of any sort. With this in mind, the next statement would be a leading one. "So, are we fighting, or not?" he asked. As if cued by Kenpachi's words, another member of the 11th Division, who happened to be its 4th Seat, leaped out of the crowd. This 4th Seat was male with a shaved head, and he brandished a nodachi which aimed to stab through Benihime from the rear during this approach. Kenpachi had taken note of these movements, but said and thought nothing special about it.

"Hai!~" Benihime seemed to have reached a state of relaxation as she had her left elbow now resting atop the hilt of her blade at her lower back. It seemed that Ryohei was done for the day and though she could have gone for a bit more, what was being asked of her presently made her a bit antsy. "You mean us?" she asked as if completely confused by the idea. Of course there was the matter of the nodachi brandishing 4th seat of this Division now approaching the young woman from the rear aiming to stab through her person with his blade. Said blade would seem to go forward but it wouldn't actually make contact with Benihime's person, she'd been watching these movements through the play of shadows on the ground and through the look on Inuzuri's face. As such she was more than prepared for the approach of this person. At the precise moment this attack was launched, the girl had shifted... jumping up until she was perched rather precariously upon the extended arm of this particular person. "Rude!" she said while shifting her position so that she could kick this individual in a sweeping spin motion as she balanced on her palms, aimed at his head. If this succeeded this person would be kicked to the side away from Benihime and Kenpachi, with enough force to completely jar their mind, so that she could continue speaking. "Anyway, I shouldn't fight you. No offense intended, but... they are still cleaning up after the last time you swung your sword. I'm a pretty interesting person, but I don't have anything for that~"

"Yep," Kenpachi said in an utmost casual way, as if to continue the conversation regardless of the attack occurring by fault of his 4th Seat. When Benihime avoided the stabbing motion of the man's nodachi, and landed atop his arm, Kenpachi was left with the tip of the blade within reach. Just before Benihime kicked this individual, Kenpachi reached out and grabbed this sword by its blade. As such, the lad being kicked away left the sword in Kenpachi's hand still, at which point he snapped it in half with his fingers. "Satsuki! Is this the kind of Hollow power you were talking about from that kid?" he asked. In fact, the 4th Seat was now showcasing numerous traits belonging to a Hollow, mostly in the nature of his Reiryoku. What's more, the left side of his neck now showed the spider tattoo that had become a sign of certain Hollows in recent times.

People attacking other people in the 11th Division wasn't technically unusual. It was, however strange that this one managed to feel so much like a Hollow in this moment. Satsuki found herself watching the pair handle this fourth seat with nothing more than minimal effort. On the question of if this was what she was talking about she frowned slightly. "Well, it's Hollow-like, but I don't know, somehow Kumori-taichou's seems different from this... less animal." she said of the fourth seat. "This is more like the Ghost Incident." she said which made the redhead look towards her seemingly curious. "Ghost Incident, what is that?" she asked as she approached the downed boy. "Bakudo no rokujuusan: Sajo Sabaku." she said as she created from the palm of her hands a binding chain with which she aimed to capture the 4th seat of this Division, mostly for her own safety so she could further inspect this individual.

Meanwhile Satsuki managed to look a bit stunned but managed to pull herself together enough to answer the young woman's question. "Oh, you might not know, you were still in the Academy, about 6 months ago, there was a weird Hollow affecting a bunch of individuals. The 12th Division called it Ghost, it was taking over people and making them fight, it even got to Ohka-taichou and Tamamura-taichou ended up having to put him down," she said only having a basic knowledge of the incident. "Oh? It's happened before. Sou ka... I was right then. Sugei!~" there was a different light in the redhead's eyes now, and it was abject curiosity. 'And here, I thought work was just following me home...' she thought with a smirk. "Oi, you... can you speak?" she asked of the Hollow Possessed Shinigami as she inspected the mark on its neck. "Also has he always had this tattoo on his neck?" she asked of the population in general, as if she had no idea that it was related to the symptoms this boy was showing.

"To be more specific, Tamamura-taichou put down the host, only for the parasite itself to consume Ohka-taichou's Reiryoku and escape to Rukongai. That one was certainly destroyed, though, which begs the question... why do they still exist?" spoke the voice of Kumori Raizen, who stepped through the crowd of 11th Division members to enter the fray. He spoke as if he already knew the answer to his own question, and in fact, he did. He'd simply put it out in the open for the general public.

Kenpachi's attention was taken away for a moment due to Raizen's arrival, but he had only one thing to say to the man. "... Kumori," he said as greeting, only to immediately address the matter of his 4th Seat, who no longer seemed capable of speaking. "Spider tattoo... left side of his chest. That's where it was last I saw."

"Sou ka, so this has been happening much longer than I was aware~" the young woman seemed to be most enthused. Soon enough Raizen spoke up emerging from the crowd and correcting minor details of the account given by Satsuki. The Vice-Captain of the 11th Division managed to look stunned but still didn't know what was going on. "Obvious answer is obvious, Kumori-taichou do you know what this means?" said Benihime as she held her recently drawn blade over the spider shaped mark present on the man's neck she was presently binding to the ground. A quick slashing motion would leave the man with a minor flesh cut before she returned her blade to its sheath. "Hourin," the young woman said as she produced from the tips of her fingers a short orange rope which she used the spell Tzusuri Raiden through to try and pull the mark and all of the Hollow which was attached to the young man from the spot where it was on his neck. Using the shock to disconnect it. If she succeeded it would show a tapeworm like Hollow moving about on the boy's body with the spider mark obvious on its back. "Oh? Tattoos that move of their own accord~" the girl said seemingly amused as she intended to pull this hollow from the neck and if she succeeded she'd toss it toward Raizen knowing he'd be able to do something with it. "It's boring that I never find them when they're capable of talking..." she said seemingly unamused by the fact that this particular host was incapable of answering the questions she had for him.

"Of course," Raizen said. In the very next moment, he was holding out his left hand to perfectly conjure a Kidou barrier which surrounded the tossed tapeworm-shaped Hollow. Once he had it within his barrier, he began to visually inspect it. "This is the fifth one I've seen like this, but with a very different visage. Same source, different outcome. Isn't that intriguing?" During this discussion of inquiring minds, Kenpachi scoffed. He wasn't quite worried about the source of these Hollows, but if they were going to provide a decent fight, he was very interested. More importantly, there was the matter of the alleged Ghost Incident. "Something managed to run from Tamamura, and you killed it, didn't you?" he asked. Raizen paid him little mind while giving his response, eyes still focused on the Hollow. "I'll fight you later. For now, there's the simple matter of how long this has been going on within the Seireitei. The marks move, and they seem to gain control over their hosts as they reach the head. I'd imagine this is determined by the power of the host, which means it takes quite some time for a host of Captain caliber to be overtaken. Otherwise, every Captain would be under this army's control by now."

"Hai, it's so different~" the young woman seemed to be more amused by this upcoming Hollow problem than she'd been amused by her previous battle. As they continued to speak to each other, their wit seemed to out range most people, except the Kenpachi who was only really interested in the potential battles of such a thing. Benihime had something to say about this, "This has been going on at least since I was in the Academy, it's the only real explanation for why my class almost ended up dinner to Hollows in the Human World," she said recalling a secondary meeting with Raizen on her first day of school which had almost ended in her death. Moving right along that meant several things. "It's assumable the power of the individuals affected determines how fast such a thing is a problem. Ohka-taichou? Whoever that was, I am assuming was at the bottom of the totem pole. Which means the weaker of the Captains will need to be watched while we avoid alarming them and the strongest should likely be quarantined. But I assume that Aya-tai had done something like that during the 'Ghost Incident', and it obviously didn't work out. Ooh, and we get to figure out where it's coming from~" Benihime said rather easily putting together how the previous incarnation of this problem had worked out. As she walked over to have a look at the Hollow rather easily captured by Kumori Raizen this day.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast