Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyoto

"Are we going to get ice cream?" asked the Shikigami which was the girl's present companion. This made her chuckle as she stepped towards the open street from the building side, pausing for the flow of bodies which walked past. "I thought... you wanted me to go home. But if milk based desserts are on the table... you're fine with me staying out late? Is that it?" the girl asked which made the cat creature paw her head somewhat mockingly. "Fine, we can have ice cream..." she said. It seemed such was a normal sort of conversation and now that the creature mentioned it she could go for ice cream. But which shop to visit? Thinking about it more the best one would lead her back down the alleyway and as such she'd still be walking this way carrying the briefcase when the white haired young man came in search of it.

When he returned to where he remembered placing his briefcase on the ground, the visitor found nothing there. He did not know how, why, or when, but someone or something had surely run off with it in tow. This was quite the predicament. He knew no people in this city, so there was nobody he could go to for help, bar individuals in the single place he'd failed to locate thus far. Defeated, he fell against the wall of the building again, wondering how he would be able to prove his identity when he arrived at his destination without that briefcase.

Several minutes after this young man sat against the wall, a young woman would be making her way down the alley. A small cat creature perched on her shoulder using its hands to hold a cup of ice cream, and her own right hand holding a cone which she was rather happily devouring. In her left, a briefcase which she'd found in this very alley not too long before. As she moved through, she looked down to catch sight of the young man she'd briefly made eye contact with before this moment, all while, unknowingly carrying the briefcase he sought. "You shouldn't do that... you don't know him," mentioned the ever cautious Shikigami as it paused its own eating to warn her against any random friendliness towards this man in the alley. "But what if he needs help? Look at him, he looks miserable..." she said seeming to have already made up her mind about the situation. Having never seen someone post themselves in such a place for no reason, her own curiosity got the best of her as she stopped before him. "Do you need help?" she asked pausing briefly to hear out his answer and continue eating her ice cream.

As he sat in self-loathing, there were many passers-by on the street. Eventually, one in particular made an approach to him, going so far as to ask if he needed help with anything. He looked up, taking note of two things within a moments of seeing this girl. The first thing he noticed was the cat-like creature upon her shoulder. Surely this was no ordinary feline; it reeked of Shikigami. Beyond this, a glance at the briefcase she carried let him realize it bore a crest that could only belong to the briefcase he had. His eyes widened upon seeing this, and he immediately perked up and reached out. "That case! That's my case!"

Soon enough this young man was perking up. If not due to the company being offered to the young man, by the young woman, then by the appearance of the case which he'd been seeking. The girl's left brow rose just slightly as she looked at him, but she made no moves to hand over the case. Instead she finished the bite of ice cream she'd been eating and paused. "If... it's yours... tell me what's inside it," she said figuring it was kinder to give a reason, she spoke a bit more. "I mean, if it is yours you'll know, and I'll hand it over. But I can't just give a case like this to any random stranger... even I think that would be irresponsible," she said which only got her a nod from the feline on her shoulder. "That is the most reasonable thing you've said all day," said the cat creature as it continued eat. The words of her companion made her roll her eyes, but she still just needed to make sure this case belonged to this particular young man. After all, she wouldn't want to leave a fellow exorcist alone without their tools, but she also wouldn't want to hand them over to a person who wouldn't even know what to do with them.

Following his brief outburst, the holder of his briefcase decided to question its contents. When she did, he raised a brow. "You looked inside?" he asked, though he hardly expected an answer. The next one to speak was none other than the Shikigami this girl kept. The white-haired male tilted his head upon hearing its words. He found it strange that a Shikigami would so casually speak in the presence of others, but was also surprised by its ability to do so. "Sugoi, your Shikigami talks! So you are an exorcist, huh?"

"Of course, I did," said the girl of looking inside the case. After all, it would have been irresponsible to walk around with a briefcase without knowing what was inside. "I had to see if there was something in it which would let me return it to its owner," she said frowning slightly. She didn't really liked the idea that looking inside made her seem somewhat nosy, even if she was being nosy at the time. Beyond this the words of her Shikigami seemed to catch the attention of this lad, who figured her for what she was which led her to believe that he was indeed the owner of the case in question. "Normally she doesn't speak in front of anyone, except me or other exorcists. Tailmon, might have already known this case belonged to you and was just waiting to see what I'd do if I found you..." she said looking at the creature who simply nodded. "I have more acute senses than you, of course, I knew it belonged to him... but when you are being clever who am I to interrupt," she said to the girl who then aimed to hand over the case. "I am an exorcist. I live in the area... I actually came here to do something about this place, but by the time I got here everything was okay. I assume that was you... so thank you," she said calmly. Knowing that no one would have known what to call her Shikigami without also being an exorcist. "Here ya' go. Sorry, about the trouble. You should keep a better grasp on that," she commented absently before going back to eat her ice cream.

"Ah, sou ka," was his response to the lass' initial statement about the briefcase. Either way, it seemed his knowledge of her being an exorcist was enough to prove the case was his. With that, he was able to reclaim it as she handed it over. A sigh of relief escaped him then. He was frankly elated to have his items back, if for no other reason than the return of his most favored Shikigami talisman. Now that he had the briefcase in hand, he bowed to this girl with utmost respect. "Hontou ni arigatou gozaimashita! I won't lose it again; promise!" he said with a rather intense incline to his bow. "I thought I was done for. I came here to transfer to a new dorm, and I thought I'd never be able to get in when I finally found the place, if I didn't have my uniform with me."

This young man seemed to accept what the girl had to say, and with that she was off the hook for her earlier bout of nosiness. Moving right along after he reclaimed his case from her hand, he seemed to be relieved and elated and to be honest, the girl herself was just happy to help. As she enjoyed her ice cream thinking it a bit sweeter having done something nice for the day, the boy soon bowed deeply giving her the utmost gratitude for what she'd done. Her eyes widened and a blush crept up her face as she shook her head back and forth a couple of times before looking off into the distance while waiting for said blush to fade. "It's no problem, really. You're kinda embarrassing me... I didn't do much, and I'm glad to help," she said, as she ate her ice cream only flickering her gaze over the young man to see if he'd rise from his bow. Moving right along it appeared that this young man was going to be moving into one of the dorms and had been having trouble finding it. She'd help with this too if he needed. "You said you're moving into a new dorm, which one?" she asked seemingly only interested in helping the young man further if she could. "I mean, it wouldn't be nice of me if you kept wandering around the city and never found it..." the girl clarified. Seeming to have a strange habit of always clearing up exactly what she meant if she thought it sounded the slightest bit vague in the first place.

"Iie. It might not mean much to you, but that would have been hours of my day wasted, along with my future in a way. It's a pretty big deal," he said. There was a certain amount of relief he felt at this point, which he could not shake even as he stopped bowing before the black-haired lass. She offered him assistance once more, this time in the form of his pending dorm transfer. When he chose to answer, he did so with a raised right forefinger. "It's the uhh... umm..." he continued, seeming to be momentarily stumped on the name. After all his searching, he'd almost lost it. Suddenly, it came back to him, and he slammed his right fist into his left palm. "Ah! It's the Murakami House!"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast