Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kyoto

It seemed the young man was beyond relieved to have his things returned. And more so than that, seemed content to bestow praise upon the young woman for saving him time and in some roundabout way saving his future. Her eyes widened slightly and that blush still remained on her face, this sort of praise for a small act of kindness still seemed like way too much. "Oh... well I mean if you say so... I won't argue," and just like that she accepted his thanks. Moving right along the young man seemed to not know which dormitory he was being transferred to. This girl's knowledge said there were two in the area one which housed some more normal exorcists and one which seemed to house a few who could be considered elites. When he finally found the name he was looking for in his memory it seemed he would be going to the latter. "Murakami House, huh? That one is kinda hard to find, " she mentioned absently before pointing towards the alley where it opened into the streets. "Come on then... I'll show you..." she said aloud, as an open offer to help the boy find where he was going. But internally she was putting together the pieces. 'Ano, I suppose with a Shikigami as unique as the one I saw in his bag, I couldn't really expect that he'd be going to Sanzen with the amateurs... still...' she mentally mused at the boy who'd lost his bag, and forgotten in the name of his dormitory in such a short period of time and wondered if he was actually strong. While she mused she lead the way to an estate style dormitory tucked behind a large old style pagoda off the main road but across from a large river. She supposed coming at it from the main part of the city would make it hard to see, but she'd been here quite a while so she was quite used to finding this place.

"Hai... Murakami," he replied whilst rubbing the back of his head bashfully. He had come to realize that he'd managed to get lost on the way, lose his most important items, and forget where he was going in the midst of all the other insanity of his day. Luckily, this girl seemed to know where the dorm he was set to transfer could be found. He followed behind her without hesitation, thinking there was no chance of her leading him astray after how the rest of their meeting had gone. As they passed through the alleyway, he caught up to her side and spoke while looking ahead to the destination showing itself in front of them. "Arigatou gozaimashita. I really thought I'd never be able to find the place. It seems... a little small, though. This is the place, right?" he asked, as upon seeing the building ahead, the young male was frankly a bit underwhelmed. This dorm's name was linked to a very strong reputation, but he couldn't quite tell from its building.

This boy was seeming more and more hopeless by the minute. That being said the girl reserved all judgement until of course they arrived in front of the Murakami House. The strangers words about this place though seemed to cause a slight shift in the girl's face. Her sliver eyes narrowed and she cut her gaze to the boy at her left. Something about the boy's statement about the place rubbed this girl the wrong way, and she decidedly felt annoyed at having helped him find it. "Of course it's the right place. I recognize my own house," she said frowning slightly, and through her tone conveying the amount of distaste she had at the present moment.

Moving right along, the girl walked into the house and headed towards the door opening it and removing her shoes at the door before she headed further in. "Taidaima! I finished the job and found a lost guy," said the girl as she entered. From around the corner came the face of an older woman with startling green eyes. "You're back and before curfew even... I'm surprised," she said before shifting her gaze to this supposed lost person. "Don't be, it's coincidental... I finished my work so if you don't want me to do anything else..." the girl left the sentence hanging and gave a salute as if she intended to walk away. "You must be the transfer from the island!" she said her eyes widening as she welcomed the boy to the house.

"Come in, come in... make yourself at home. I'll put on some tea. Kimi-chan don't leave, it's rude... you should stay for tea at least," she said which made the girl sigh but she back tracked just the same heading for the sitting area she knew this woman was fond of using, and motioning for the boy to follow. The house itself was full of modern amneaties and contained several large portraits of people within the house. Beyond this a cozy sitting room would appear with a table and several couches and arm chairs around them. The girl took a seat in one of the arm chairs and left it to the boy to decide where he'd be seated while they waited for the return of the woman with the tea.

As he looked in disappointment at the building they were approaching, the girl accompanying him made note of it being her place of residence. The boy's eyes widened. From how she'd addressed this place earlier, he figured she happened to be from one of the other dorms. He was quite taken aback by this revelation, but before he could formulate any sort of reaction, they entered the building and were greeted by what he could only assume was another resident. Once he'd discarded his shoes, he properly stepped into the building and bowed to this woman. "Hai. Boku wa Shiba Tetsuya. Yoroshiku onegaishimashita!" he said. It seemed the lass who'd led him here was content to part ways, but she was quickly beckoned back by their greeter. He, too, was instructed to follow the woman. The boy noted as Tetsuya let his eyes wander around the inside of the building as they approached the sitting room. Once inside, he found a place in an arm chair of his own. A small table in front of him served as the resting place for his briefcase. With his guide and somewhat savior of earlier seated across from him, he dropped his head and spoke. "S-... Sumimasen."

"Miyahara Fubuki, I'm the guardian of this house. I am responsible for all you that live here and are still underage. Think of me... as your big sister~" said the kind hearted woman. "Well, the one who will enforce curfew anyways..." she muttered as she went about making tea. It seemed that this house was full of slightly informal people. But most were more than reasonably strong. Kimiko stayed within the area, long enough to hear the name of this lad, not that she recognized it or anything but that wasn't really unusual considering the island was kind of a land unto itself.

Of course, soon enough this young man would find himself sitting across from the girl who'd helped him out and led him here. And though their previous conversation had been a bit rockier than casual it seemed that the girl was content enough to stay in his presence. She knew he'd probably been looking around at the place while they were here and she slightly wondered what he'd have to say, but figured he wouldn't speak again until they were rejoined for tea. Much to her surprise, the next thing out of the boy's mouth, was an apology and such a thing made the girl's eyes widen. Once again she was left looking at this down trodden boy and he seemed quite hopeless. Given this she hardly felt alright holding on to her grudge from moments prior. After a few seconds of quiet introspection the girl shook her head and stood up soon enough standing close to the table across from the young lad. "Forget about it. We had a rocky start to begin with... so clean slate," she said thinking about how hopeless this young man seemed she was willing to let her discontent from moments prior fade easily behind a smile. "You said your name was Shiba Tetsuya, yes?" she asked knowing this was right, she didn't wait for a response and extended her hand. "Murakami Kimiko, yoroshiku."

With Tetsuya's apology in the air, the black-haired girl decided to rise from her seat. He winced at this very moment, but her approach was joined by mention of them starting with a clean slate, so to speak. Tetsuya raised his head after a few seconds of hesitation, only to then see the outstretched hand of the girl introducing herself as Murakami Kimiko. Tetsuya's eyes were enlarged as he looked up in what seemed like wonder, but soon, he stood and smiled. "Hai. Shiba Tetsuya desu," he said in an upbeat manner. With that, he extended his own hand to meet the lass' in a markedly gentle grip. "Yoroshiku, Murakami Kimiko-san."

It seemed that after a moment's hesitation Tetsuya was content to accept Kimiko's offer of a clean slate. When her outstretched hand was met, she noted a markedly gentle grip which was very much contrasted with her own firm grip which was developed from her use of weaponry and which applied to both of her hands as far she she knew. 'Jeez, this guy really might be hopeless...' she thought but she kept such a thought to herself. Beyond that this boy's constant formality seemed to be very different from what the girl was used to dealing with, no matter, it seemed after their handshake and agreement they were destined to be interrupted.

"Oh, good. You two are both here and no one's fighting. This has to be some sort of record~" mentioned Fubuki as she entered carrying a tray which she sat on the table with various tea cups and a pot of tea as well as honey or sugar to mix into it. "You make it out like we're bad and no one will ever wanna stay, Fu-san," mentioned, Kimiko who retook her seat as if nothing odd had transpired. "Oh hush, Kimi-chan it was a compliment to you both." she said remembering some other meetings which hadn't gone nearly as smoothly. Tea would soon be poured and sat before each chair, with Fubuki herself taking the empty couch as both teens had chosen arm chairs. Regardless she'd sit for tea and began speaking again, as happily as she always had. "So, I'll show you to your room in a bit. You have free roam of the house except for other people's rooms. There is also a big training room in the basement if you want to practice. Tetsu-chan you're under age, so you have the same curfew as the others who fall into that category, midnight," she said calmly explaining the rules of this dormitory. "But other than that there aren't many rules or anything to go by, this house is kind of used as a transitionary posting for more talented young exorcists, so don't be afraid to chat with your peers. Oh and you can ask me questions if you have any~" mentioned the woman who seemed to talk a lot. Kimiko was used to this and simply sipped tea quietly. 'I wonder if she ever considers she gives way too much information initially...'

According to the woman named Fubuki, this lass had a track record of altercations with visitors. Of course, the same could be said of any members of his previous place of residence and the members of this dorm, but that was a matter Tetsuya thought best unaddressed. With that in mind, he reached out to claim the tea cup provided for him, and brought it to his mouth. "Arigatou gozaimasu," he said before taking a sip. The speech given by Fubuki while he drank did provide useful information, including rules and details of the dorm he would now be living in. There was only one piece of useful information he felt was left out, and since she'd mentioned asking any questions he had, he lowered his cup to do so immediately. "Sumimasen... How do we handle exorcisms here? I wasn't given a gate before I came here, so I'm not sure what I'm expected to do."

If Kimiko had anything else to say, she didn't bother with it right now. No instead she was content to drink her tea and wait for any questions that she would be required to answer or provide extra information for. Fubuki was also just enjoying her tea and waiting for the questions. She knew that Kimiko thought she gave too much information but these sessions were essential for the happiness of everyone in the dorm. It seemed the life things wouldn't be questioned by this lad, who didn't seem to have a problem with the curfew which was usually something that upset people from other places, here though he wondered how exorcisms were handled. "Exorcisms around here are usually haunted old buildings or occasionally a Kegare taking over a person. It usually just requires a quick dispatch, which, in general is handled by whoever has rounds. The rounds themselves alternate to accomodate everyone's schedules though you can go out with anyone who'll let you accompany them. We usually want people out in groups of at least three, but some seem to prefer working alone. Any particularly scary places or noteworthy disappearances are investigated by those who are capable," she spoke on the general practices first before moving on to the question of gates. "Gates... aren't usually given out, though a few people within the dorms have them. They are those who are most capable of not dying, while in Magano. In order to get one here, you have to be capable of using at least 2 enchantments simultaneously," she said this was usually disheartening to some.

Tetsuya kept an ear open for the woman's explanation while continuing to sip from his cup. From what he understood of this, this dormitory seemed to mostly handle lesser exorcisms in the region. This was somewhat disappointing, and as he stared into the half-empty cup of tea, Tetsuya wondered why he'd been sent here over his previous location. These individuals also had a different idea for their allowances into Magano; said idea very much contradicted all he'd once known, but this was not so much of an issue. "Ah... sou ka," he said, seeming to do nothing other than take in the given information.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast