"Overwhelmed, he says," the Baron Dacian mentioned as he picked up his recently filled mug and downed more of it. The blush of drunkenness across his face as he sighed. "She looked at me with her mother's eyes, and laughed while claiming not to be able to help me. My girl wouldn't have said such a thing to me. So much poise she has... she used to help me without a question..." the Baron said. It'd seem to most that her father was indeed a good man, and one of few needs. Nice to his daughter and looking out for her best interests. And to many it would have looked like Kasmina helped her father all the time, but this was simply the outward appearance. There was no way for the girl to not help her father, while helping herself, her brother and her stepmother.

The words of the Baron MacLaird drew Costel's attention. His words bolstered the man, in his drunken state and seemed to feed him quite a bit. "Right? He's young, she's young, such a match could have been made long ago between me and that boy's father. I didn't even know he had any interest in her, before he showed up with her on my own doorstep almost a week ago. Night of the full moon my whole world fell apart." said the Baron. About the house and lights the Baron had much to say. "The entire house is strange. Big enough to fit my entire house just in the entry way, large throne room lined with lights the likes of which I've never seen before. Stunning really, had to have costed a fortune to make the lamps look that way. Hardly a thing negative to be said about the decor. But he claimed she was busy, couldn't be seen. I yelled until she came, and boy did she arrive. Lies that man fed me, my daughter is just the same as she always was... too good for him I say!" he slumped and took another sip while Gregor's attention was elsewhere. His eyes shifted to the new comer and he seemed to grin widely. "Oi, that man was another, wanted to marry my Kasmina, he didn't get a chance to meet her. Missed out he did." he said of this man. His daughter had all the finest suitors in the land and had gone with a fiend so vile that he wouldn't allow her to help her father any more. "I swear he turned her against me, that Phantomhive..." he spit most angrily the name of the man he thought had taken his daughter away.