Kasmina soon found herself staring in wonder. Though she'd been more than ready and capable of handling the verbal berating at the hands of her father, the voice of one Sorin Lothaire Phantomhive spoke up after she did speaking of her father's rest. Thick lashed emerald eyes widened at the speech as she couldn't believe he was one still standing here, and two speaking up on her behalf after knowing the kind of man her father actually was. 'Of course, my luck. Spend the evening chatting up a man so I don't get killed for knowing he's a vampire. Have him continue trying to look after me, even in our parting moments.' Her lips were in a straight line but inwardly she was quite pleased, but she couldn't really fathom why this was the case. 'What am I even thinking, vampire. I should be mortified.'

Meanwhile the male Dacian seemed to find himself facing a younger male who came up with rather amply an easy excuse for the tardiness of his daughter and even stated he'd been looking after her for the duration of her outing. "Oh? And who might you be, that you concern yourself with my daughter?" said the father as she stood up a bit straighter and looked at the lad before him as if confused by his presence. His eyes cast to his daughter as she managed to cover the initial stunned reaction she'd had and nodded. The return of the face she'd perfected in poker would be seen again this night, for very different reasons of course. Her eyes flickered over the man who'd walked her home silently questioning this decision with their gaze.