Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Sibiu

Costel didn't like the tone this young man was taking with him. He was suddenly rather glad he hadn't married his daughter off to this man, as her attitude probably would have ended up the same regardless. "So sure of yourself," the man muttered but something in this man's speech caught Costel's attention. The smugness of this other man was something the man didn't like, but the pause caused him great fear as it was mentioned that smaller vampires apparently had strong mental powers. And as such even if MacLaird was killed, it would likely be known that Costel Dacian had been the one to send him. He broke out into a cold sweat, his mug shaking in his hand as he turned to look at this man. He was stunned, amazed. This couldn't actually be true, it couldn't be something that could happen to him. The man who'd married his daughter had threatened to bring down unending wrath on him if he'd married her to anyone else. What on earth would he do if he found out his drunken murmurings had basically set a Vampire Hunter upon them. "I... he'll know it was me?!" he said the clattering mug down. "I have to go," and just like that the Baron Dacian began to stumble about, making his way out of the tavern as fast as his stout drunken legs would carry him.

Continue the story here.

Another day passed. The vampire Count Sorin had met with Gregor the Vampire Hunter this night, and though the latter had escaped, he'd only done so after sharing the knowledge that Costel Dacian sent him to act as God's assassin against Sorin. As a result, Sorin brought himself directly into the house of Dacian via teleportation. He sat in the very same sitting room, in the very same chair even, that he'd been in during his previous visit. There, he waited with his usual posture when sitting... and he prayed. All he needed was for the Baron to arrive, and he would begin figuring out how to deal with this issue.

The Baron Dacian had returned home after finding out that vampires had stronger mental powers than simply the ability to entrance others. With this knowledge he had become extremely frightened for his own life, and as such had begun trying to purify his house and guard it against vampires with every urban legend he'd ever heard of. The doorway of his study reeked of garlic so did the doorways of all of his household entry ways. There were crosses uncovered at various places and even a silver cross around his neck as he passed out in fear at his desk. He didn't know this vampire was already in his house nor did he have any idea that a vampire could enter of their own accord. He'd give an order later to the maids and servants not to allow either his daughter nor her husband into his house.

As Sorin prayed inside, Alina and Kasmina arrived outside. "Here you are Mistress, call me if you need me," she said only to disappear once more. A smile crossed Kasmina's face as she entered this house once more her nose wrinkling up immediately. She walked through the house pausing at the sitting room and finding Sorin there, but she didn't interrupt him immediately. No instead she walked straight to the kitchens and after a quick word with the servant there she had a tray of tea to drink and joined Sorin within this sitting room. "This entire house smells of garlic and fear, I would swear I was late coming here if I had not found you so calm. Tea?" she asked as she sat beside him waiting for her father's arrival. Her calm demeanor had already returned and she was also keen to wait.

But she wouldn't have to wait long, as a couple of minutes later the Baron would come stumbling down the hall way holding onto a cross. Deciding to give the order to his maids and servants before he fell asleep only to pass before the door of the sitting room and find his daughter and her husband sitting there. He paused in a moment of shock and fear and didn't move, he couldn't he was paralyzed.

Sorin's wait was a patient one which soon seemed as if it would be rewarded, but the first scent to approach him was not the one he sought. In fact, this was a scent he had intentionally left behind at Castlevania: Kasmina's. She entered the room with a tea tray, spoke on the scent of the house, and made an offer for some of the tea she brought. Sorin claimed a cup by willing it toward himself with magic, but he was not the fondest of the idea that Kasmina had come here after him. "It seems there is more at hand than we know. The Baron resorts to methods against low-tier vampires to save himself from what he likely thinks is his end," he said before taking the first sip of tea. He found it satisfying enough, but nothing compared to the tea of a demon servant. "You should try Alina's tea; it could be described as divine, if not for her unholy nature. You may or may not be satisfied as of yet, though. The first feeding has yet to come. More importantly, are you fit to be here now? I thought to handle this myself, to spare you the annoyance."

As he spoke, the time wound down to the moment Costel would arrive. Sorin smelled his stench gaining strength. He heard those clumsy footsteps thumping against the floor. Everything his senses told him of the Baron's approach was downright disgusting, and then... there he was. The cross-wielding mortal was stunned to silence and stillness. Sorin lowered his teacup, sending that glowing, piercing gaze toward the Baron as if to view his very soul through his flesh. "Good evening, Dacian. Please... have a seat."

Kasmina found herself sitting beside her husband but her own tea cup went unclaimed. The idea that the Baron had resorted to lesser known vampire ideas to save him from what he thought was his impending doom made her smile just a little before she remembered something rather important. "There was another man at the tavern, one the Scotsman thought capable of hunting vampires... strange surname, Belmont? Though that one did not confirm his identity," she said seeming to recall the information claimed from that man's mind.

It seemed that while satisfied by the offering Sorin claimed their maid created tea of a much greater quality. "If Alina makes the best tea, then it will definitely be something I try at my earliest convenience," she commented with the same tone she generally had. A small smile forming on her face as her husband went on to question her appearance here. Kasmina's expression softened because even though she realized this was why he left her behind, she thought it sweet for him to look after her as such. "Yes, I realized that of course. But it is not really in my nature to leave you to deal with the annoyance alone either. I do appreciate the sentiment, but in this case, worry not. I am revolted by the scent that lingers in my nose and my appetite is more than justly suppressed," she said as the stench of her father stopped before the door.

The Baron Dacian was petrified. He reeked of garlic, fear, and the underlying smell of his greed which made him smell like every kind of food that was no longer safe for consumption. With that in mind Kasmina found herself resting gently beside her husband, her own gaze cutting towards her father. This would frighten the man as well, because instead of finding the comforting green of his former wife, he'd find that unspeakable velvety red which could not be properly contained by any one shade of red on the spectrum. Costel could not help but stumble into the room he opened and closed his mouth several times clutching his cross to himself as if it was all that was left to save him in life. "Good evening, father. This is how you call upon people by the way. Been cleaning?" she mentioned passively as the baron took a seat across from them and shriveled up in fear. It was as if he couldn't not have a seat, but in the worst case scenario, he could scream and gather the attention of everyone in the house to save himself. Yes... that is exactly what he'd do, if this went wrong. "Why... why are you in my house?!" he questioned, as if he expected someone else.

"Poppycock. For you, my bride, I would shelter the annoyance. Do not take my words the wrong way, though. I do enjoy you at my side, even now." These words were the only ones Sorin had to share with his wife at present. Though mention of the name Belmont did not go unnoticed, Sorin figured another time would be better to address that. The Baron was upon them, taking his seat just as clumsily as he had approached initially. He questioned the pair's presence in his home, but in doing so, he also ignored the greetings of both parties. That... was not a good start in Sorin's mind. Before responding to this Baron, the Count sipped his tea once more. A sigh fell over the cup before words escaped him. "No. No, no... no. We are people of stature here. Let's be civil, shall we? Good evening, Baron. Or should I call you... father?"

Sorin's words found their home in Kasmina's ears, and she found herself smiling well and truly happy. The Count enjoyed her company and would take on the things that burdened her mind and soul, if this was not the foundation of affection she simply did not know what was. But surely enough this touching moment between them would be forced to an end by the clumsy entrance of her father who sat down and immediately questioned the coming of this pair of people. Kasmina sat rather quietly wondering what on earth the man who'd helped create her could have honestly thought they were here for, but Sorin took more issue with the way he'd greeted them. The Baron Dacian seemed to look stunned for a moment, and stuttered out a single word. "Fa...fa...father? You'd call me that?!" his eyes widened at the the thought as he was confused. His daughter and her husband were people of stature, and by comparison far outranking him. They asked for civility, what would they do if he didn't comply!? He did not know, nor did he wish to find out. "I... there... you...." there were many stammers as the man tried to find the right words to express himself. Of course he didn't want this man to call him father, but what was he to do, his life was in danger. "Of course, call me what you wish. And..." there was a pause, like he'd never once considered how to greet anyone else in his house. "Greetings to you both." Kasmina of course watched as her obviously frightened father stumbled through his greeting and kept a smile on her face through it. She couldn't imagine why it was so hard to be civil.

"Of course. I did say my mother raised me to value respect. If I infringe upon your rights as a man, I do so only as a retort to mistreatment." The Count brought his cup to his lips again. He would be as civil as the Baron's attitude dictated for the duration of this meeting, but there was one thing that needed to be made clear. It was obvious without the senses of a vampire that the Baron feared for his life now. Sorin wished to squash any beliefs this man had of the types of vampires he dealt with. "You may discard your fear. Your life will not end this night, or by the hand of anyone in this room. I am a vampire, yes. The man you believed to be my father was simply my previous epithet. Stay your cross; it would do no good against vampires of our caliber anyway."

Assuming this interaction would go smoothly, Sorin shut his eyes and sipped yet again. Tea made by a human boasted an interesting bouquet. While it could not compare to the demon-made blends he had become accustomed to over several decades, he found it to be amazing in its own unique way. Nevertheless, he was not quite done speaking. "Now then, I must ask what you wished to gain by sending an assassin of God with faith the size of a pebble to my door?" he asked, finally opening his eyes and casting his gaze upon the mortal once more. "Your honesty would be appreciated. If you lie, we will find the truth within your soul."

The Baron would have scoffed at the idea that he mistreated anyone, if not for his current state of fear. Reactionary mistreatment seemed to be an interesting thing to consider, and as such the man remained quiet. It seemed that this man was indeed the man that Dacian previously thought to be his father and that he didn't intend to end his life this night. That was nearly the most relieving thing ever. Costel had spent so much time worrying he would die tonight that he'd not been capable of doing much if anything else. The cross lowered to his side and though he did not remove his necklace he seemed to relax a bit. His eyes remained wide though as this man openly confessed to being a vampire.

As their conversation moved along, it seemed that Sorin was curious about the nature of this man's need to send a holy assassin after him, when he'd done no appreciable wrong. It was also stated that he could not lie in this moment, still in the twisted mind of this man, his reasoning was beyond sound. "I did not know the amount of faith he possessed would matter. In truth... it seemed like the easiest solution to the problem of my daughter refusing to help me." he said rather calmly. "I wish the Dacian name to live on properly, return to glory. I can not have that through her. It should have been obvious to her and all others that she should help in anyway possible. She had no problem doing so before, so it is obviously your influence which changed her. I never would have chosen a man like you as her husband," these were the words of the Baron as he sat free of any idea that he'd be killed. Kasmina knew her father's favoritism of her brother was extreme, but it wasn't simply wanting a son, he wished to live on through the boy, which was something she could not agree with for various reasons. The problem she had with her father, was the same as the one she had with the Vampire Convocation. 'I am beginning to realize that this is just how people onward in years think... and there is something about it which disgusts me beyond reason,' she thought absently. "There is so much wrong with that sort of thinking father. In the first place, I should make it clear that I never actually fixed your problems by befriending Hendryck and calling upon favors. I won what you lost back through superior skill in the game you fail at constantly," she said with made her father's eyes widen and his face redden. He didn't know what to expect of his daughter, nor what she'd think of his ideas. It was simply nothing he could do about it.

"It did not matter. It is not faith in the Lord which powers Vampire Hunters, but faith itself. The greatest hunters history has ever known used faith not in the Father, but in their own abilities. The Belmont you met last night would attest to that." At every opportunity, Sorin was content to share information meant to cripple the ignorance of Baron Dacian toward hunting vampires. Truth be told, Sorin questioned his own ability to combat a Belmont of any caliber, though he had no reason of his own to face one. He knew his own mother had once faced one while barely emerging victorious, and it had been a Belmont to deal the finishing blow to Dracula in the past as well.

Costel went on to share his thoughts with the Count and Countess. His words and reasoning were as repulsive as they had always been, but Sorin was gentlemanly enough to hear him to the end of his speech. His opinions were annoying, and his logic was completely out of order. Following the address by Kasmina, Sorin spoke his mind to the Baron. "Baron Costel Dacian..." he said with closed eyes, a smile, and the lightest hesitation. "You would make a wonderful vampire. You remind me of my father. To be so absorbed in your own existence that you sacrifice the life of your firstborn child in favor of your younger son, whom you've unknowingly set up for failure. You even think yourself an upstanding man, expecting your own child to support you during a time in which you are fully capable of doing so for yourself... all because you've brought ruin upon yourself. Tell me, Dacian... What would your late wife say to you if she saw you now?"

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast