Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Sibiu

Kasandra Dacian got to hear from the once down trodden vampire, that he was pleased about the things she had to say to him, on his marriage to her daughter. And what was more, he had developed much better eating habits since the last time she'd seen him, using his need for blood to help the world in a rather remarkable way. The spirit of Kasmina's mother couldn't contain the large smile on her face, as she was given such news, and she was quite happy for the young man, who'd managed to find his way. "Well isn't that a pleasing bit of news. I am happy you found a way to make peace with that aspect of yourself, and am honored to have been part of it in any way," mentioned the former Baroness. It seemed that she thought highly of the vampire known to her as Lothaire and was beyond a reasonable bit content to know that he could devour people but still do good in his actions. People were always this sort of complex and if they only realized they didn't need stark leanings in any direction, they'd likely spend their lives as happily as she had. With the admission that Sorin would work to keep her daughter happy, Kasandra was more than content to ascend once more. The fact she'd also gotten to make her husband see the error of his ways, was just a bonus which likely helped the man more than she'd get to realize. "Well then, it's hardly worth any more consideration," She'd lived her life as happily as she could, helped where it was needed and had no regrets in that light she faded with a smile on her face casting one final look at the group at large before she disappeared once more. No good byes were uttered but somehow this was fine, considering the type of woman Kasandra was, both Kasmina and Costel expected such.

Kasmina found herself surprised by the sensation of a tear falling from her right eye. She wasn't sad or dissatisfied by the moment with her mother, if anything she was rather pleased to see the woman once more. Knowing that her mother approved her life choices was no small boon either, she believed greatly in that woman when she'd been alive, and strove for years to live with the sort of majesty that woman possessed. To know that she had her approval in anyway set the young woman at ease. Costel on the other hand, seemed calm. The man pulled himself together rather easily and back into his chair as he reflected on this moment. He was beyond quiet as Kasmina found herself reaching for the tear which rolled down her cheek within a few seconds of noticing it. She doubted their visit here was over, even so, she was quite pleased with this moment. 'My mother was amazing,' Kasmina thought happily as she turned to move back to her seat. But as she moved her father cleared his throat standing once more. "Daughter, Lord Phantomhive," he simply knew he wouldn't feel right enjoying the presence of his wife if he did not do this now. "My sincerest apologies to you both. I can not do enough to make up my transgressions to the pair of you," he said taking a bow deep enough to make Kasmina's brow raise in depth. She didn't know it was still possible for her father to apologize in such a way and mean it. If she was being realistic she hadn't seen such a display since her mother was living. 'Mother might have been on to something... those slaps always seem to realign his mind.' Kasmina thought.

Sorin returned no words to the late Baroness. Knowing this meeting was virtually adjourned, he nodded his head and placed his right hand upon his beating heart to acknowledge her. It seemed she was the type of person to make such an exit that did not require farewells, and that was fine to Sorin. Still, it was a shame to see her depart. He'd have offered her life everlasting, but somewhere deep inside, he knew a person like her would not take it. She was perfect in her given existence... and perfection is always fleeting.

"If I may... She was a fine woman in life. For a human to approach a dying vampire, and even save his life. Any mortal would be so lucky to have such an easy trip to the hereafter." Sorin had not been there for the death and burial of Kasandra, but if he had been, these were the words he would have shared at her grave. The Baroness' memory was worth at least that, even for a person who'd only met her once in life. Sorin rose to look upon the others once Kasandra's passage. When he did, he noted the interjection of Costel. Unlike the previous apology he'd heard the Baron give, this one boasted much sincerity. Costel deserved credit for at least that much. "Of course, Baron. There is, however, still the matter of retribution. Costel Dacian, are you prepared to pay the price for your sins against others?"

While Sorin's question loomed in the air, the sound of a crying child filled the halls and entered the sitting room. It was the only child it could have been: The son of Costel, and brother of Kasmina, Cosmin. These sounds were quickly accompanied by the sound of hurried footsteps. Moments later, as the crying seemed to grow louder, the footsteps did as well. The child and the one who now carried him were approaching, and soon, there they were in the entryway of the sitting room. The owner of the stepping sound was none other than the boy's birth-mother, and Costel's wife: Mirela. She stood there with long, wavy black hair that seemed to be perpetually dampened with its natural sheen - a trait shared by the toddler held in her arms. Her eyes were a pale green, like a river flowing over trenches of algae. "Costel dear, Cosmin doesn't seem to want this crying to sto--Oh!" An interruption came just at the end of her clause, as she spotted the others present in the house. Kasmina was not much of a surprise, but the presence of a man she did not recognize was a shock which caused her to tug on her nightgown, until her otherwise exposed cleavage was concealed. "A thousand pardons. Good to see you again, Mina. And greetings to you, sir..." The woman didn't know what to say to this newcomer. Sorin expected as much, but bowed his head as he normally did when greeting someone new. "Sorin Lothaire Phantomhive. It is a pleasure to meet you, Lady Dacian, and if I may say... the boy wishes to see his sister."

Kasmina soon wiped away her tears, and hearing what her husband had to say about her mother, softened her heart quite a bit. Of course, Sorin seemed to manage such feats unconsciously but that didn't change the way the raven haired lass felt about it. "That's incredibly sweet of you..." she said to the man who'd spoken so highly of her mother. She was soon able to sit happily and smile while her father apologized properly. Costel for his part, did so with sincerity and when asked if he was able to handle the retribution which would come with his actions he spent some time thinking about it. His posture soon straightened and he sighed. "I'd be lying if I said I was ready for such a thing. I don't believe anyone can be, but... facing the consequences of ones actions is a part of life, and one I can't escape," he said which was surprisingly honest for her father, Kasmina thought. But all of this was soon interrupted.

This was noticed first by Sorin, and then by Kasmina who touched a finger to her left ear, closing it briefly. But as the cries grew louder she seemed to adjust rather easily and soon enough her stepmother and younger brother entered the room. The former of whom, cried unmercifully for some reason and the latter of whom seemed to be at wits end about it. Kasmina smiled at this, and greeted her stepmother the way she always had. "Good evening, stepmother, and pardon us for intruding. Though it seems you weren't sleeping. Would you like some tea?" she asked, her own cup untouched she was more than willing to give it to her stepmother and take her little brother off her hands for a few moments, though she was a little stunned her husband seemed to know what the lad wanted and raised her brow at his assertion. Costel seemed a bit stunned that the woman had come to this sitting room at all crying baby in hand. But all seemed well just the same. "Oh, apologies... This is my wife, Mirela and my son Cosmin. Though he usually doesn't cry so much," said the man who seemed to have way more manners in the last few moments than he'd managed over the last decade of his life.

"No pardons necessary, my lady," Sorin said to this woman, who'd been introduced as the lady of the house. She was stunned to know who this strange man was; she'd never met the husband of her stepdaughter until this moment. "Ah, you're the one that found our Mina. Pleased to meet you, Count Phantomhive." As Mirela spoke, she passed the toddler onto Kasmina. "No, dear Mina. I can't stand to see another drink tonight. What brings you two here so soon after the wedding?" she asked as the child left her hands entirely. There was an immediate wave of calmness washing over Cosmin in this moment of looking up into the visage of his elder sibling. Sorin looked at her as well, choosing to comment on the nature of this interaction. "He knew you were here, but you never came, so... he made someone bring him to you," he clarified.

Moving on from the others, Sorin addressed Costel once more, though his eyes trailed to the child he was seeing for the first time. In this moment, he thought of an apt punishment for the Baron. His eyes glowed brightly when they fell upon Costel. He saw something unspoken when viewing this man, and that thing he saw was exactly what he needed. "Costel Dacian... of the lives you have sacrificed for this boy, yours is not among them. I decree that from the day he becomes of age, your life will be sacrificed. Eternal servitude to your only son will be your Hell on Earth, that you might find salvation through this trial, and be spared the one true Hell in the afterlife." Sorin's eyes linked directly with Costel's when he spoke, as he was in fact casting a curse on this man. It was no mere declaration, but spoken words that would instill something akin to a law in the mind of the target male. It was mind control in its most refined form, where even Sorin's death would not undo the affliction.

Kasmina's step mother soon mentioned she would not like to see another drink which made something of a knowing smile come to her face. Still she accepted the child who was crying his heart's content to his mother apparently fussy for wanting to see his elder sister. When Kasmina took hold of the young lad he seemed to stop crying altogether gaining previously unseen calm which caused Kasmina to speak to him directly. "Was all of that worth it, I wonder..." mentioned to the lad. "As spirited as ever and then simply calm," she said to the boy. Her husband soon went on to clarify why he'd actually been crying and his motivations behind his actions. This made the young woman raise a brow before moving on to answer her stepmother's question though she intended to come back to it. "We came to see father is all. He seemed upset after coming to see us yesterday," mentioned the young woman who could. "That isn't to say it isn't a pleasure to see you both as well. I hope you have been adjusting well the last couple of days, I figured Cosmin might have been running you ragged," she went on to mention returning her attention to the child she seated in her lap. "And as for you Cosmin, it is hardly alright to force someone to move because you wish to do something. If you wished to see me you could have done so yourself. I know you are more than capable," she said as she gently placed her index finger against the child's nose only to smile and lower her voice just a little. "Though that doesn't change the fact that I was coming to see you," she offered a knowing bit of conversation to the young boy as she always did. Soon enough she found herself watching the actions of her father and her husband who seemed to be having a separate conversation but it was so much more than that.

Costel after seeing the calming effect his daughter seemed to have on his son wondered to himself why it'd previously been alright to force the lass into a marriage. She still seemed to be an integral and necessary part of their family unit. It was all for naught now, especially considering her super human status. Whatever though, all things seen from the future are clear and unfettered. Beyond this he soon caught the eye of his son-in-law and it was the strangest thing he'd ever have occur. The young count spoke of the people that Baron Dacian sacrificed for the well-being of the son and spoke of the fact that he'd not put himself into this number. Before the man knew it, he felt completely and utterly compelled to go along with what this man had to say. He should truly do for his son in the way that he demanded of everyone else. "Of course, it seems a just sentence..." Costel said as he felt he had no real choice in the matter because in truth he didn't. It didn't matter because in this moment, Costel seemed truly penitent.

The current wife of Costel seemed surprised by the information that he'd been to Castlevania on the previous day. In fact, she was completely without knowledge of this happening. "That explains the mood. I wondered where he disappeared to after the other night," she said. Mirela had frankly been the sort of wife to take a back seat to all things occurring in the life of the Baron for the duration of their time together, choosing to mostly look after the youngest child since his birth. She'd grown very attached to the only one of their collective children she'd personally given birth to, even being a tad clingy for a mother of her time. "Cosmin... has been Cosmin. I've been running after him about as much as I always have. Though... he goes very quiet when I don't, so I leave him to it. I have been missing a lot of my things lately," she mentioned in passing to trail into another topic altogether. In the meantime, the boy Cosmin looked innocent as ever, even knowing all that occurred around him.

Sorin's work was complete. The punishment to be set upon the Baron was in place, but for the sake of the family, he thought to do one more thing when looking Mirela's way. He could see her soul, and he found it lacking. There was something strange about her, as if there was a part of her lineage which didn't reach her as it should have. While she spoke with Kasmina, Sorin carefully approached the mother from the rear. The powers he accessed this time were purely of a holy variety. 'Lord, allow me to grant this woman the strength she holds deep within, that she may not suffer the trials and tribulations of her betrothed. Amen,' he prayed. A second heavenly light washed over Mirela, unleashing from within her the memories of her soul, from her own infancy. She would then speak as what seemed to be a memory out of the blue struck her. "You know, Mina, my father was a swashbuckler once..."

As Kasmina figured, her stepmother was busy about the way she'd always been. She'd mentioned her stepmother being a nice woman but not the type to reign in the Baron as was needed. But it seemed such things wouldn't really be plaguing them anymore so it didn't seem to matter much. Instead, Kasmina carried on the conversation with her stepmother while holding a quiet and happy Cosmin in her lap. It seemed that Mirela was without even the knowledge that her husband had previously gone to visit his daughter and son-in-law a whole days ride away. Regardless, a smile came to her face as the woman went on to say that she was missing some of her things more so than usual. "That's a shame, stepmother, are you sure you aren't misplacing them?" she asked sincerely, though the innocent look on the boy's face made her look to him and whisper again. "You wouldn't know anything about that, would you, Cosmin?" she asked Kasmina, having a vague idea, though allowing the hushed whisper to pass between the two of them as conversation tended to completely one sidedly. After all Kasmina had caught the young boy in the act of taking her bonnet a few days prior to this one. Perhaps she should have warned her stepmother of the phase the young lad seemed to be experiencing. But as an elder sibling she didn't wish to ruin the boy's fun at all.

While their conversation progressed, Kasmina watched out of the corner of her eye as her husband seemed to bless her stepmother in the same way he'd cursed her father. Such a thing was also very strange but she supposed she'd ask about that later. Not that she'd have to wait for any immediate results. Her stepmother soon enough mentioned that at some point her father had been a swashbuckler. A grin came to Kasmina's face. "Oh? That is a term I didn't expect to hear of outside of novels. You've never mentioned that before, perhaps Cosmin has inherited an adventurous spirit," she said of the lad, whom she knew to be perfectly capable of moving about on his own with a high level of dexterity to boot, usually to do things he shouldn't. Though such deviousness was expected from toddlers as they got to know about the world into their childhoods. Costel watched and listened to his conversation. He'd also never heard anything about his wife's father being a swashbuckler. But moreover he wondered how he'd managed to miss this kind of interaction in his family before this moment.

"I'm not entirely sure," Mirela replied. "It's as if they disappear from wherever I've placed them. I may just be forgetting where I've put things, running after this child so often." The woman had no idea what sort of spell had been cast on her; the memories of her father were simply a passing thought to her, while it was an effort by Sorin to unleash latent aspects of her personality. "The thought never struck me before now. I feel somehow motivated by my father's words from long ago, though..."

As if to take these words as his cue, Sorin stepped around Mirela to Kasmina's side. He only needed to ensure that his spell worked as intended, and Mirela showed all the signs that it had. Things were sure to become more interesting in the Dacian house now. "Is that so? Well, I'm sure we would both love to hear such inspiring words passed down from a great man, but I am afraid we must be going now. The way back is treacherous, so we mustn't stay any longer. Still, it is good to know you are both well."

Kasmina found herself listening to her stepmother's words about her missing things with a knowing smile. There was no doubt in her mind her little brother was absconding with the woman's things, but that was hardly concerning. She knew if confronted the young boy would return the things he took, usually in exchange for something simple or a little attention. Regardless it seemed whatever spell Sorin cast on her stepmother was awakening her latent thoughts in relation to her father, and this was all together new for Kasmina to see, but alas she wouldn't get much time to think about it. "Well, I am sure such things will turn up eventually," she said while looking at the child in her lap and offering him a wink. Moving right along, according to her husband it was time for them to get moving. Whatever the case he was now standing beside her so she found herself rising speaking to her little brother before passing him to his mother. "Do be good little one, and try not to terrorize your mother too much?" she asked of him before handing him off. "I am remiss to say, we'll be leaving now. Sorry again for the intrusion, stepmother and thank you as always for the warm welcome," she said as kindly as ever. Somehow in this moment she felt she likely wouldn't have to worry as much after the well-being of these two people any longer, and with that said and her hands free of the small child she kept, Kasmina found herself turning towards her husband. In so doing she felt as if the world spun far too quickly inverting her senses if only for a moment and causing her to stop mid motion with widened eyes which snapped closed soon after. 'Christ in Heaven, that is horrid...' she thought of the sensation.

Upon being returned to his mother, the young boy set his sights upon the departing pair of vampires, with eyes full of wonder. It was as if he knew there was something off about them - particularly the female he'd seen so frequently in his few years of life, and had known to be different to this. Perhaps he would understand one day. That day, however, would obviously not be today.

The Count's wife was prepared to join him in leaving this place. This was not the most gracious of exits, though, as she was halted by her own senses before even beginning to move properly. Sorin knew what this was. He had expected this sensation to plague the woman eventually, but it seemed he was just a bit too late to escape it happening in the presence of mortals. Taking her side again, he reached out for her hand. He looked upon her with a gaze portraying his understanding of her plight, but the words to escape his mouth were much to the contrary, as he intended them to be. "Tired, my dear? Forgive me for holding us up. Take my hand; I will take us home safely."

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast