"Faith," this word was all Costel had to say. He had faith in God, and faith in himself, but he didn't understand how such a thing could be a weapon. As he thought this, Kasmina turned her eyes away and shook her head in utter disappointment. It was obvious to her now why her father was incapable of winning bets. His faith was misplaced and misunderstood. How could he possibly win? Regardless of this point, it seemed that Costel didn't know what to say to his daughter about her apparent ability to win, which she expected as well. But as the conversation progressed he was asked something which made his eyes widen.

What would his late wife have to say about his present behavior. "Kasandra," he said the name of his late wife, as if he missed her. He tried to imagine it, he saw her in his mind. "She'd tell me I was stupid, and that I should enjoy the present instead of trying for things that will not matter," he said hanging his head in shame. "She'd also have smacked him with a ruler," Kasmina added with her hands in her lap and a smile on her face. She had very fond memories of her mother and that was among them. "She was a governess before she married and didn't take petulance from him nor anyone else," she finished. The grin on her face would be one of mild humor, it seemed that she did indeed miss her mother, and her stabilizing influence on her father. Though now that she thought about she began to wonder how her father managed to swing such a marriage in the first place. None of that seemed to matter though, as it was very easy to see that the young Count and Countess seemed to be chastising him. This was only made worse by the fact that he'd spent days upon days drinking and behaving like an animal.