Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Sibiu

Kasmina didn't know of this man's internal struggle, but she did know of his kindness. She seemed to argue with herself over reconciling the idea that he was indeed a vampire with the idea that he was also a good man. If she'd known of his struggle, she likely would have made this leap even easier, for to deny ones self something they wanted in such a complete way was about as selfless as this world got. And at present, Sorin was a shining beacon of selflessness. As his lips brushed against the back of her hand, the young woman felt the same rush of energy she had the last time such a thing had taken place. Causing heat to rise to her face, her heart to beat a bit faster. What was it about this man? Was it simply the danger, did she appreciate the gamble? She couldn't quite place it, but something about their interactions stirred something within her. Made her fight against logic and reason. Kasmina's father the Baron Dacian seemed confused by the ordeal, as if there was something here, he didn't quite get, perhaps it was young love, it'd been too long since he'd experienced it himself for him to tell the difference.

But then, just as soon as it had started, it was over and the lad was taking his leave at quite the rapid pace. "And with you," the girl murmured. For some stanch reason, she thought this man could use a prayer, she wouldn't forget him this night. 'I wonder if he is really a vampire... and if he is... is it sacrilege to pray for him?' she internally questioned before pushing it aside. 'It matters not, it isn't as if I have plans to see him. It was simply what should have been said,' she mentally told herself. She found it in herself to be strong, and usher her still stunned father back into the house. "Come father, you should have some tea before bed. You'll catch a cold out here, and that wouldn't be good at all..." the young woman cooed lightly at the adult man who turned to follow her inside. "Yeah, you're probably right... that man is he, one of your suitors?" asked her father, curious as ever. The girl simply shook her head. "I would think not, but... what do I know, I wasn't under the impression that I was allowed to seek my own," she finished up her speech and their night would end as such with the girl doing her duty and taking care of her father, wondering about the Vampires she'd only very recently come to believe in. "If you are seeking Viscounts, who would I be to interfere?" Her father asked this question but it would remain unanswered as she closed the door behind them as they entered their home. It was hardly something she'd willingly discuss with him, given his own behavior. Nor did she feel inclined to mention to him that the Viscount Phantomhive was actually a vampire, for whatever reason, she didn't feel it necessary to sound any alarms. After all, even if he was a vampire, considering what he'd done for her this day, she could call it fair to keep his secret.

Continue the story here.

Three days after the chance meeting between one Kasmina Elise Dacian and a vampire, the former's family would be receiving a visitor at their doorstep. A male figure of massive proportions traversed the long walkway to the Dacian residence, with a black warhorse in tow. This flawlessly-chiseled hulk of a man sported bronze armor with much open space upon his arms and thighs, and a red cape with golden fur framing his neckline and shoulders. His warhorse was adorned with armor and a saddle of similar make, but what truly stood out about this pair was a feature of the man himself. Even the dazzling glow of amber eyes took a back seat to the burning red hair upon his head and face. This was not the hair of a native. It looked as if the male's head had caught fire, and the flame had spread down either side of his face to meet at his chin, only to then rise up into his bottom lip.

He was a Baron of the Scottish Highlands, who'd been working toward building a new life over the past month or so. Some time ago, he'd received a letter from a Baron of these lands - a man offering his daughter's hand to the highest prospect. At this point in his life, this man needed a ball and chain, so he'd chosen to throw his hat in the ring, so to speak. A mighty knock of his massive right hand would announce an arrival to the residence at last...

Some three days after the ill-fated meeting between Kasmina and Sorin, a knock thundered the door of the Dacian Residence. A man stout but well built, one Baron Dacian went to answer assuming his plan to marry his daughter off was finally starting to come into play. He'd heard rumors of a few suitors more willing to approach before and as such he always expected a visit or two per day. So he went to answer the door, while his first born son also contributed to his plans, albeit unknowingly. As the Baron Dacian opened the door, a small boy with dark hair no older than three years went running by the door, his eyes alight with laughter and giggles escaping him as he slipped out the door beside his father, and if one actually looked they would see in his hands a lace bonnet which he'd taken from somewhere else in the house. And someone was giving chase to him.

"Oh? You must be one of the suitors... I'm the Baron Dacian and that was my first born son. Children that age are full of energy, but I am sure you will know all about that eventually." He said stepping outside the door and looking up at the massive war horse. "Fine steed you have there sir, what pray tell is your name?" he asked of the man as the person giving chase to the three year old was soon to make herself known.

Dark lashes framed large green eyes which narrowed at the scene before her. She managed only a quick apology as she slipped by, though those emerald eyes widened greatly when she noticed this man's stature compared to even that of her father. And his rather astonishing contrasting burning red hair. 'That man is old enough to be my father! And huge! For once I hope he's poor...' she thought to herself as she didn't want anything to do with what she was seeing. Even so, she managed to hold her face and keep for the prize she actually needed at the moment given the requests for appropriate dress from her father. "Apologies, sirs. I have a baby to catch. Cosmin! Return my bonnet at once!" the young woman chimed. As a trail of long dark locks followed her otherwise perfectly dressed body out of the door and she chased down this child with all the energy of a young person and a smile on her face. Though she didn't like her present life situation, she did love her little brother quite a bit and as she chased the boy out into the grasses she was apparently content to play with him once she finally caught him, there while her father carried on whatever conversation he meant to. "And that, was my daughter. Normally more charming than that, but... she's always a bit freer when playing with her younger brother. Plenty of experience with small children, as you can see..." the man was speaking of the girl like he was aiming to spark extra interest her looks alone wouldn't garner.

A patient wait was not long for this man. Little time passed before his knocking received a response from the man of the house himself. In this very moment, a young boy came running through the open door. The Scotsman shifted himself out of the way with a couple of light steps. His gaze fell upon this boy in passing. It seemed the child had taken something not his, and run off with it. "Ho, where ye goin', wee waen?" he spoke through a chortle, in a voice that was shockingly high-octave for his brutish appearance. The man's attention bounced then, reaching his fellow Baron. "Top o' the mornin' tae ye. I be the Baron Gregor MacLaird, come tae take ye up on yer offer... somethin' aboot..."

Gregor's statement came to an abrupt end. This was the fault of the second individual to come bursting through the door. This one, though, was in pursuit of the child. It was none other than the very woman he'd come to negotiate for. Her hair was notably the most outstanding thing to meet Gregor's gaze, but a quick inspection let him believe her to be capable of healthy child-birthing. Her interactions with the small lad brought a gentle smile to an otherwise stonelike face. "Aye, a man is always wantin' fer a fiesty bonnie li'ah'. No mere wench, that lassy."

"Oh so you are one of the suitors. It's a pleasure making your acquaintance," said the Baron Dacian. He couldn't have planned a better scene than the one unfolding before the man so obviously interested in his daughter. He took note with keen eye of the appraisal of his eldest child as she ran past chasing her young brother out into the grasses, as well as the smile on the man's face as the girl played with the boy. "She's quite a beauty, huh? Lively and clever, just like her mother, she's got the interest of half the town by now... yourself included sir." he mentioned of the girl who he'd gone through the trouble of making sure everyone knew who she was and what was at stake here.

Kasmina instead of thinking too hard about this situation found herself sitting on the ground with her younger brother who still had a hold of her bonnet. She picked several flowers for him and offered him those in exchange for the bonnet, which he soon handed over for something new. "So much like father are you not, Cosmin?" she said to the boy. Who looked a bit confused played with the flowers for all of a few seconds while the girl put her hair away in the bonnet she'd sought after. A few seconds later, the baby looked at his sister with grey eyes and offered her the flowers instead, sticking them into lines behind her ears. And as such they played. "Well well, already better at sharing than Father. Might have a bit more hope for you yet, Cosmin. You've earned yourself an extra treat, keeping me out of earshot of whatever giant man that is..." she said as she stood finally. "Of course, we have to play the interested potential wife don't we? We should say hello and see if father's previous chastising will let us observe a bit more directly," she whispered to the boy who seemed happy his sister was speaking to him. Her hair put away she reached for the small boy who climbed up into her arms. She walked back towards the front door with the child practically latched on to her person, and moved about.

"Father, if you are going to entertain guests you should have them in for tea at least. The sitting room is ready and the maid is bringing tea," she said in open offer to the man before her. Her father took this moment to make an introduction. "Of course, Kasmina, where are my manners? This man is Baron MacLaird. He's come with interest in you. Nice man, just moved here from... Scotland, by that accent," said her father who was a decently well traveled man due to his own business experience. "I see. It's a pleasure to meet you Baron MacLaird," the girl offered as she extended the hand which wasn't occupied holding the small lad at her side. This was a matter of politeness which she always extended in front of her Father regardless of her own feelings on the matter. Flowers now decorating the hair still visible around her face from her bonnet the girl gave the man full view of her piercing emerald gaze before moving inside. "Father would you like me to join you after I get Cosmin settled back in the house?" she asked the man and surprisingly enough it got her a gentle nod. "Of course, Kasmina, I expect a little tea and chat with Baron MacLaird is in order. Come on in sir, have a seat and enjoy a bit of hospitality. You can leave the horse for a few moments, our stable boy will come look after her." offered the Baron Dacian who was surprised his daughter showed any interest in speaking with this man. Kasmina of course, wasn't at all interested, but figured playing along would get her easy access to her father's thoughts on the matter. Her poker face of previous days had returned with a vengeance, and her own feelings were kept close to her chest.

"An' my pleasure anaw, mister Dacian," Gregor replied. It seemed he was but one of many suitors for this man's daughter. This was to be expected, now that he'd witnessed Kasmina, and her father seemed to be an apt spokesman for her even in his letters. A few moments later, the woman returned with her bonnet donned, and the child in tow. Baron Dacian decided to introduce him then, drawing attention to his homeland in the process. "Aye, the Scottish Highlands. Fine place, that. Came up as a farmhand for my da, bless him. Lots'a sheep been wrangled by these arms, I tell ye."

Immediately following introductions and a brief explanation of his own raising, Gregor was offered the physical hand of the potential bride. As chivalry dictated, he was to take it into his own, and he did exactly that. "Pleasure's all mine, hen," he said only a second prior to his lips making contact with the relatively tiny hand of Kasmina. "And a pleasure to meet you, wee barra!" Gregor's hand, upon leaving that of Kasmina, reached out to cup itself over the head of the young Cosmin. In spite of the pure size and bulk this man boasted, his touch was gentle. Of course, it paled in its gentleness when compared to the almost effeminate touch of a certain vampire, but such should likely be the norm. "Cosmin, was it? You'll be a fine man one day, laddie!" When his hand left the boy's crown, Gregor's other hand released the reins of the warhorse, whom he'd been assured would be taken care of upon his entry to the Dacian home. A simple pet of the beast ensued, after which Gregor took it upon himself to pass the threshold into the residence. "Many thanks. I put my faith in yer boy. I've ne'er seen a steed finer than ol' Duff. Named her when I was just a lad meself. Thought she was a lad back then! Ain't that a hoot?"

Kasmina had her hand taken by the Baron MacLaird and she found his hand to be massive. Even when approximating his size before this moment, she was nothing but astounded that this man managed to go anywhere or do anything considering how large he was. Even so, she found his hand to be surprisingly gentle as he took her extended hand and pressed his lips against the back of the flesh found there. She couldn't call the experience soul changing, but she definitely expected a bit more gruffness than the man present. 'Gentle giant... farmhand become Baron. An intriguing story, but there is nothing there. Sir Phantomhive seemed to stir my very soul, perhaps it was only the danger?' she thought as she looked towards the man with a gentle gaze, still keeping to herself all her thoughts. Her little brother on the other hand seemed to be very amused by all the attention he was getting. And let out an audible giggle at the hand placed atop his head, and his grey eyes seemed to be alight with joy soon after as he was addressed directly by name even by the man with the strange accent. "I believe, Cosmin likes you or at the very least the attention," she said as the blushing boy continued to giggle as the man's hand was lifted. Kasmina took this opportunity to step into the house with the child she was holding. "I'll return in a few moments father, Sir Maclaird," A small curtsy would ensue before Kasmina disappeared into the house with the boy who waved over her shoulder at the men as they left.

On the matter of the war house, a small stable boy appeared from the side of the house and took the reins offered. He nodded his appreciation as the pair of men disappeared into the house. A large laugh came from Baron Dacian as he shared a similar experience with the man and his irresponsible horse naming. "That's quite funny, I understand the feeling. It's really easy to do such things when you are young, sir." said the Baron as he lead the man to one of the more comfortable sitting rooms within the estate. Within was a maid who'd recently rolled in a cart with some tea and cakes upon it. She then bowed out and left leaving the room with it's three chairs for this man and the Baron Dacian. "Please have a seat," offered the man. "Anything you wish to tell me before Kasmina returns, I am... listening, of course," the Baron Dacian was quite good at pitching his daughter. And leading customers into a buy, he was of course, interested in seeing what this man was willing to offer for his daughter's hand. And was more than willing to marry her off if the deal was sweet enough.

"Aye, take yer time, bonnie. Your pa is plenty company in the meantime," Gregor said to the raven-haired woman during her journey to put away the child. During his wait, he seated himself in the room Baron Dacian guided him to. There was a single reason he'd come here, but with the other Baron asking if there was anything he wished to share, he thought there were a few things of note that could be mentioned. "Aye..." he spoke hesitantly. Whatever it was he had to say, it was rather disturbing information.

Several seconds of silence passed, and Gregor finally spoke again. "I'll be honest with ye... I'm not just here to find a lass. My da was killed years ago by bloody vampires. Been huntin' them ever since. I came 'ere to make a new life, but that's just the start. I planned on havin' a couple of bairns and gettin' back to the hunt. I didnae want to rush a wedding, but I saw somethin' that makes me feel like I need ta get right back into the hunt."

Kasmina seemed to find something strange about how this man spoke. She thought about it more and sincerely hoped she wasn't forced to marry him, as she could barely understand what he was saying and found some of his words to be strange. 'Would it be odd to ask what 'bonnie' could mean? I assume it's something nice... but you can never be too certain,' she thought as she took the baby into the kitchens fetching him some sweet bread which he ate before she took him to his room so he could play. His own mother was here was well and the boy seemed happy enough to join her and share his treat. The girl spent only a moment here before she allowed herself to leave this room.

Meanwhile, her father was quite taken aback by the information he was receiving from this man. "Your father was killed by a vampire? Christ in heaven that is scary news. Never seen anything like that, though my great-grandfather was said to have known a great terror of vampires in the area. I don't think many believe in them presently. Though I suppose hunting down creatures who prey upon humans is honest work." said the Baron Dacian. "Still if you are wanting to rush a wedding for reasons like that. I have to wonder what kind of life you intend to set up for your potential future wife?" a few seconds after this was spoken, Kasmina returned to the room. "Father, Sir MacLaird," she greeted both and took her seat to have tea with a smile. Her father also did this. "Daughter, so kind of you to join us, you'd do well to listen to what this man says, since you insist on running about at night, it seems by trade this Baron is a vampire hunter," her father mentioned this made Kasmina's brows draw together. 'Vampire Hunter? These are things really?!' the girl thought curiously, still a huge grin spread across her face. Her same cool demeanor came up as she sipped. "Sincerely father, you think to continue trying to scare me with old tales I am not so easily scared. That can't be true," the girl said, sharing her general disbelief with the room at large. This was about what her father expected but he was also curious about what else this man would say to help protect his daughter. Though the Baron Dacian worried less about vampires and more about the trouble she could potentially get into with boys. If she could be scared into not making random trips at night that would be quite a relief to him.

"A vampire, aye. He was mindin' his own on the farm one night, and it came out of nowhere. I'd like to say there were heroics involved, but there's no such thing in front of those monsters." As they spoke of Gregor's life as a hunter of vampires, Kasmina returned. Gregor took this moment to pick up his own teacup. He felt it was only respectful to wait until she was here and ready before he even reached for his, as a way to return whatever hospitality he could while here.

Upon Kasmina's arrival, the girl's father warned her to heed Gregor's words. She had apparently taken to nighttime activities, which was not something Gregor would recommend of anyone in an area such as this. Apparently, Kasmina was in disbelief of vampires. It was strange that one would think this. As Gregor knew, this place was very close to the old home of the infamous Count Dracula, once Vlad Tepes of Wallachia. The first and most powerful vampires had come from here, and it was their influence that spread other creatures of the night across other areas of the world over the past few generations. Gregor understood those in disbelief back home, but not here. "Ye don't believe? Ye should. Vampires are real as the clothes on yer back, and they'll be upon ye just as quick as ye can curse them for it. Took my da from me, they did, and that was a lesser one. If ye be goin' out at night, don't go alone. Just a few nights ago, a woman from around these parts was bitten by a stronger bloodsucker than I e'er seen. These vampires, when they suck a person dry, make a ghoul. Strong ones don't have to, though... they can suck the very soul out of ye with those nasty fangs, and there won't be none left of ye. There's no blessin' the soul o' that lass. That's why I came here; I can't rightly leave this world without an heir."

Now that this tangent was over, Gregor sighed and sipped the tea he'd been so graciously offered. He found it delectable, but there was still the matter of Baron Dacian's question regarding his daughter. Of course, Gregor had some intentions. It was only right that the father of his potential bride be informed before anything was done. "I don't plan on dyin', mind you. I just want to rid the world of this menace, but I'd be a fine husband to your lass. I managed to pick up a good bit of property here in Sibiu, but that's nothin' compared to what da left me back home. Of course, I'd be willin' to part with all of that to take care of yer family. It's roundabout the size o' this town."

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast