Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Sibiu

Kasmina soon found herself staring in wonder. Though she'd been more than ready and capable of handling the verbal berating at the hands of her father, the voice of one Sorin Lothaire Phantomhive spoke up after she did speaking of her father's rest. Thick lashed emerald eyes widened at the speech as she couldn't believe he was one still standing here, and two speaking up on her behalf after knowing the kind of man her father actually was. 'Of course, my luck. Spend the evening chatting up a man so I don't get killed for knowing he's a vampire. Have him continue trying to look after me, even in our parting moments.' Her lips were in a straight line but inwardly she was quite pleased, but she couldn't really fathom why this was the case. 'What am I even thinking, vampire. I should be mortified.'

Meanwhile the male Dacian seemed to find himself facing a younger male who came up with rather amply an easy excuse for the tardiness of his daughter and even stated he'd been looking after her for the duration of her outing. "Oh? And who might you be, that you concern yourself with my daughter?" said the father as she stood up a bit straighter and looked at the lad before him as if confused by his presence. His eyes cast to his daughter as she managed to cover the initial stunned reaction she'd had and nodded. The return of the face she'd perfected in poker would be seen again this night, for very different reasons of course. Her eyes flickered over the man who'd walked her home silently questioning this decision with their gaze.

While still bowed with his face out of the man's sight, Sorin looked through the corner of his eye to view Kasmina, who looked as if she wondered why he'd even interject. As his head rose, moonlight gleamed against violet eyes which portrayed reassurance. Sorin was a man of his word by all means, and he did say he would see after her well-being until they parted. It would be rude to limit this to physical safety alone.

A smile which showed no teeth whatsoever was shown to the Baron. "Ah, how rude of me. Sorin Lothaire Phantomhive," he said, keeping his right arm crossed over his chest for the duration of his introduction and following speech to the man. "I must say, sir, that you have a lovely daughter. My time spent with Lady Kasmina this evening was an absolute treat, and it was my honor to see to her safekeeping this night."

When she looked at him, Kasmina found his eyes reassuring, and a strange shade of violet by the candle light. She couldn't help that her look softened about the edges as she waited quite silently to see how this ordeal played out. 'Whatever he is, he is one of the kindest men I've ever met.' she thought, only to realize that she had no reason to think such a thing, but yet, every reason to do so as well. Tonight has been a night shrouded in confusion, a night of turns and twists... a night of thrills.

The Baron Dacian was confronted by strange information. Following this male straightening up, he introduced himself with his arm crossed over his chest. Much to the surprise of the older male he'd at least heard of this young man who'd spent the evening with his daughter in some capacity, but he really could not see the reason for such a meeting between the pair to have occurred. "Ph...pha.... Phantomhive?!" the man seemed stunned by the revelation and looked to his daughter seemingly stunned. "Viscount Phantomhive? In the company of my daughter?!" her father's face was unreadable for just a second and then broke into a grin which could only be described as a strange mix between covetous and proud. Like he saw some potential here which had been previously lost when his daughter had first returned home. 'Of course, he's fine with this... he now has the idea that he's a potential suitor,' the girl thought which would only be affirmed. "Kasmina, you should have said. I didn't know you knew someone of such standing, nor that he kept you company. I was worried, but obviously you were in good hands. Thank you sir, for looking after my daughter." the man said, but something about this speech and its random shift was strange.

It was such an outright change in demeanor that one would have to be an idiot not to know why such a change had come about. "I would have explained father, but it didn't seem prudent in the moment. I did offer my apologies for the ta..." the girl's words were cut off by her father speaking and a look cast in her direction which she'd gotten quite used to since the idea of her marriage had first come up. One which said she should stop speaking, though surprisingly enough it wasn't accompanied by that speech and instead he spoke directly to Sorin. "Oh forgive me, I've been rude, after you've done me... well us such a kindness." this old man's tune had changed so drastically it'd taken every muscle within the girl's body to control the sigh she wanted to let go of.

"Of course, sir Dacian. I believe you had some form of connection with my father," Sorin said, knowing that he'd previously dealt with this man to some extent. He was presently living his second life as a human under the name Sorin. Formerly, he was known simply as Lothaire Phantomhive, an epithet he now claimed to be the name of his father. With the Dacian estate, he'd once exchanged a few business trades some twenty or so years ago, though he'd never met the Baron in person. "Please, no thanks are necessary. It was truly my pleasure."

As Sorin allowed his arm to fall to his side, Kasmina began addressing her father with another clause concerning their current situation. She was interrupted in a rather rude manner. In this very moment, Sorin's brows drew ever so slightly closer to one another. If nothing else, he'd been raised a classy individual. Such an outright disregard for the words of another person, especially a member of one's own family, was not something he was prepared to tolerate. "... Sir Dacian, any rudeness toward me has hardly been noticeable, but I must say, the disregard you've just shown toward your own daughter of all people... is not something I can turn a blind eye to if it were to happen before me again. I would expect more of one who calls himself a Baron."

Kasmina's father didn't even need a moment to think about the connection to the Phantomhive, it was one he remembered well. A few of his business transactions. It was an integral part of some of his earlier successes. "Yes, I did a bit of business with Lothaire Phantomhive, never met the man but he was quite important to some of my earlier business transactions. As such I appreciate a visit from his son any day." said the man who seemed to show much regard for the lad. Or rather the man he believed to be a mere lad.

Such a conversation was easily noted by Kasmina but after being so astutely interrupted she'd decided it was in her best interest to remain quiet. Quite unexpectedly though the next words out of Sorin's mouth were a bit of a reprimand for her father for cutting off his daughter's speech. Such a thing was something she never expected to hear, let alone be around to witness. 'Christ in Heaven, what am I actually witnessing? He's speechless!' the young woman thought. And it took all of her remaining mental reserves to stop the gasp which would have come at the surprise. Her mouth opened gently behind her right hand as she suppressed a giggle as her father stumbled through an apology for the lad as he tried to recover from the offense. One could clearly seen on the man's face that he thought he was losing his meal ticket right before him and thought to recover it as best it could, the reddening of his face a hint at his embarrassment. Grasping at the potential up rising that marrying his daughter into such a family could provide, if only he didn't muck it up. "I...uh... " he started as Kasmina put her poker face back into place and watched as her father tried to apologize to Sorin for his transgression. "My sincerest apologies of course, Lord Phantomhive. I didn't mean to disregard her speech. Of course, it won't happen again," he managed. Though the rest of the emotions the girl could have been feeling were well hidden on her face, there was something of an amused light in her eyes as her father stumbled through that apology. 'This man... even knowing what he is, I can't help but think he's a good man.' she thought absently.

"It is not me who is owed an apology... Sir Dacian," he spoke with mild annoyance polluting his words. This statement accompanied a glance in Kasmina's direction, as if to portray his meaning through body language alone. "You see, my good sir, my father was not the greatest parental figure for me. It was my mother who raised me, and her doing so instilled in me something of a... zero tolerance policy. A lady deserves nothing short of absolute respect; wouldn't you agree?"

Sorin did not expect the Baron to agree. What he did expect, though, was for him to struggle through his responses like he was doing. For the crime of disallowing a woman's speech, he would be punished with an inability to properly speak himself. Sorin thought to accomplish this without a single ounce of his powers as a vampire, but soon enough, he thought perhaps he should be leaving while his more sinful side was not bothering him so constantly. If Kasmina's father had done one thing, it had been providing a distraction from his earlier thoughts in the woman's presence. Now, though, Sorin felt this usefulness was reaching its end.

There was mild annoyance in the voice of Sorin and Kasmina could hear it as clear as church bells on Sunday morning. And to her, the sound was just as musical. Her father on the other hand managed to look confused but luckily for him, it seemed that Sorin was content to provide a proper explanation. As the words hit the Baron Dacian's ears he could scarcely believe a stranger was so willing to publicly chastise him over his treatment of his own daughter. He knew though in order to sustain not offending the lad he'd have to apologize to his daughter, something he'd never thought himself capable of doing before this moment.

Beyond this the seriousness with which Sorin addressed the subject seemed to cause even more distress in the Baron Dacian much to his daughter's amusement which she tried to stifle quite a bit. She could only look to Sorin with innocent wonder in her large eyes as her father stumbled through the words of an apology this time turned to her. "Daugh... Kasmina... I... please... accept..." he was working towards this apology with all the strength he could muster as he saw his opportunity falling through his fingertips. "Please accept my humblest apologies daughter, I did not mean... to disregard your words. Of... course you deserve the utmost respect," he finally managed though it had taken several moments and the redness in the man's face made the young girl wonder if he even had any blood left anywhere else in his body. Unlike her father the girl seemed to be rather easily capable of graciously accepting this apology. "Father, of course, I accept such a kind and sincerely offered apology," she said offering the man a wide smile though it wasn't honestly for him. Her face turned to Sorin and she gave him the full affect of her completely humored and brightest smile. "Sir Phantomhive, it's been great getting to know you this night, but I regret to say I should be off to bed by now. Forgive this rather abrupt end to our evening, and thank you kindly for seeing to my well-being. You've done me a far kinder service than you know," she said kindly, speaking of course to a great many things, including the present treatment of the Baron Dacian. Her father seemed to wonder when his daughter had become so unassumingly charming. He could have used such information before, but he dared not speak on it for fear of further reprimand and humiliation.

Standing in silence, Sorin observed the struggle this man went through to apologize to his daughter. It was pitiful. The difficulty he showed in voicing these words could not have made it any more obvious that he'd apologized only for fear of Sorin's status. Still, it was at least a step in the right direction for this exact moment, and Sorin felt the sentiment could be appreciated. "A fair start, I suppose. It will do... for now," he mused.

Now that all had been said and done, Kasmina was prepared to part ways with the Viscount. With their impending separation, Sorin took a moment to bypass the Baron and approach the woman. As he had done with their meeting, he bowed and held out his hand to request hers. "My services are always on offer for you, my lady. It was the greatest of pleasures," he said, awaiting the potential offering of her hand. 'What am I saying? I can't be in this woman's presence!' was his following thought.

The Baron Dacian managed to look simultaneously abashed and mortified, as Sorin commented on his apology being alright for the time being. Such a look was quite a feat for a man who'd so recently taken to terrorizing the lives of his direct family members, and none more so than his daughter. Even so the maiden known as Kasmina felt a tiny bit happy in this moment and could allow herself to bask in its glory for as long as it lasted. 'Hm, that should be good for a couple of days of quiet perhaps?' she thought as she saw the Viscount Phantomhive approach her once more.

She couldn't help the smile that came to her face as he bowed before her, awaiting a hand that she willingly offered, despite the fact that she knew she should be more cautious. 'You've made it out with your life, the least you could do is act like you want to keep living Mina.' she thought to herself, but even so she allowed herself to be addressed in such a caring way and somewhere deep inside enjoyed the idea that she'd have this man's services if she needed them again. "I will be sure you are at the top of the list, should you be required again. " she mentioned, as she flicked her gaze in her father's direction and offered the man before her a discrete wink, hinting at her meaning. "Though it should go without saying, your company is appreciated regardless of the circumstance," she said before her mind screamed at her once more. 'He's a vampire...' she reminded herself once more. She did this as she waited for something she knew was coming with her offered hand now within the Viscount's own. Her father watched this entire display in minor shock, as if he wasn't a married man himself and had never seen such an interaction, chaste as it may be, before this point. He'd completely missed the reference to himself in his daughter speech and could only think about how he'd use this moment as part of his plan to marry his daughter off to the highest possible taker.

'Surely my services will never be called upon. If they were... I may damn myself.' This train of thought raced through the mind of the vampire across several moments of him screaming within himself. Kasmina had his attention again, and with that, everything he'd been successfully avoiding up to this point was brought resurgence. Greed and lust both aimed to overcome him. He had to hold fast. That was an easy enough task, right? After all, it had been managed for the duration of their time together.

... Wrong.

'Drink,' his mind told him as his lips drew closer to the back of Kasmina's hand. With every millimeter of distance removed, the thought became louder and louder. The blood coursing through her veins was calling to him the way no blood ever had, and as he placed his lips upon her hand, yes...

He could see it. He could smell it! He could taste it! The scent alone had been halted in the back of his throat, giving him some semblance of an idea as to what it would taste like. 'Father, give me strength!' This was maddening! The worst part of it all was not having the slightest idea why he felt this way now, of all times, and toward all people. "I..." Sorin stammered. He had slowly separated his lips from the back of Kasmina's hand, and could feel himself trembling. Snatching himself away, he returned his extremities to the confines of his cape. "Forgive me. I... look forward to our next encounter. Baron. Lady." With each person addressed, Sorin bowed; then, he took a rather hasty leave of this pair. "Our Father's grace, be with you."

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast