This news of a marriage between the vampires here struck a nerve within all present somehow - even the pair of males on the Convocation. None were stricken more than the blonde who'd offered the first question, though. She seemed upset, even downright appalled by the thought of this. Even so, she remained silent for several moments while processing this information. Sorin took a moment of general silence to respond to the others. "Many thanks, Lady McDermott," he said first to the speaker of the Convocation. Afterwards, his gaze fell upon the white-haired woman. "My apologies. I'm afraid, though, one such as yourself would not have been able to attend, invitation or not. As for another of us," he continued, addressing the other blonde female in the room. "I don't believe we can be called similar. Of course, I mean not to offend."

The men of the Convocation seemed to have nothing to say. Most specifically, the muscular blonde vampire was totally indifferent, by the looks of him. The elder man merely showed signs of disagreeing silently in his visage. "No!" Suddenly, the voice of the first questioner resonated throughout the dream room. It happened in the same moment she stood and slammed her hands against the table at which she sat. She was not simply infuriated by this marriage, but outright opposed to it. "I refuse to accept this! Nearly five decades, and you decide to wed some... some... some harlot from the streets!? Moreover, you give her the blood of Dracule! Do you have ANY idea what you've done!?" The coming of her tirade's end marked the closing of Sorin's eyes, which accompanied a sigh. He'd seen this coming, but he'd also hoped the intensity would be toned down a bit from what it was now. The Count of Sibiu seemed to need a moment for the sake of composing himself.