Sorin was of a mind to sleep until his senses alerted him to Kasmina's waking. It seemed, however, this was not fated to be. Costel Dacian was once again proving to be a thorn in his side - more so than he had been previously. Alina standing next to his coffin caused the young Count to stir within. Only a matter of seconds passed before the coffin's stone lid shifted to the side of the vessel, falling onto the ground. Sorin levitated from within. His eyes remained closed as he rose into the air, both arms crossed over his chest even while his body shifted into a vertical position. His senses told him roughly how many hours it had been since he slept, and it was a relatively short amount of time. "You've woken me for an annoyance?" he asked, though his ears could hear the continued knocking at the castle's entrance.

Something of a sixth sense activated in Sorin, acting in a manner akin to sonar. Through each knock, he gained a clearer picture of the body standing outside the castle. He recognized this form upon visualizing it with his mind's eye. It was annoying indeed. His voice escaped him once again, and it did so in a manner that suggested this as a tiresome turn of events. "Baron Costel Dacian. He's come all this way, and for what? I will see to this," he said, looking briefly toward Kasmina's coffin. "She seems to have taken to the blood very quickly. To be born mortal, and to have such a powerful soul. If she'd been a Belmont, I believe I would have been slain long ago."

Sorin would see to the Costel matter right away. His levitation brought him slowly to the ground, but when he made footfall, he did so suddenly at the front door. The door opened then, perfectly between two knocks upon it. It was then that Sorin looked upon the black-haired Baron with his usual, glistening violet gaze. "Good afternoon, Baron. Is there a matter I can assist you with?"