Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: [Transylvania] Castlevania

Sorin's tension left him all at once, momentarily leaving him in a minor state of weakness. His recovery came soon enough to prevent him collapsing onto his wife, and with his bearings mostly regained, he extricated himself from her person. This removal allowed him to leave their bed as well. A strange feeling befell him the moment this happened. The ability to use his legs nearly escaped him, but it seemed to be nothing more than a fleeting sensation. Moving on, he began to don the clothes he'd previously discarded, finding them sprawled out across the bedroom floor. "Forgive me for abandoning your side so suddenly after the moment we've shared, but I would strongly suggest not sleeping there. We should retreat to the lower areas of the castle"

Kasmina's whole body rather suddenly began to tingle once more. Given this she barely had the idea to notice that Sorin was at once above her and then gone. This did not bother her in the slightest as soon enough he was back, and gathering clothes to dress himself while also claiming that she should not sleep here, and that the pair of them should retreat to areas further in the castle. Her brow raised slightly but she moved towards the edge of the bed with unseen grace. "I suppose since you ask my forgiveness I have no problem giving it. I do not think I want to sleep anyways, and I do feel strange... where are we going?" she asked, seemingly fine to busy herself with this while she dressed.

She too was moving about for articles of clothing, mainly all of the things which belonged under her general clothing. Her thigh highs were still in place, so she only needed garters and the like, she also donned her perfectly sewn underwear once more and appiled her corset back to her person re-lacing it with a string found somewhere else in the room. All done without the use of her hands, something she'd yet to notice herself. Regardless of this, she picked up her wedding dress but did not place it back on her person. Instead she walked towards what she assumed was a rather large closet and found herself within it with all of her other attire. And she'd dress as she normally did. Finding herself dressed similarly to how she always had only with a much higher quality of material and several small adjustments such as laces and other bits added on. She'd also return her hair to the state it'd been in during their wedding along with a little lace mob cap while returning her wedding dress to the closet never to think much about it again.

In the time it took Kasmina to rise and begin dressing herself, Sorin donned all he needed to. He fastened his cuff links while watching the woman dress through the corner of his eye, and what he saw took him aback. It had already begun. The newblood vampire Countess managed to catch up to his natural speed of robing, and she did so while not making use of her hands. If anything was to be considered a sign of the transformation taking hold, this was it.

"... Indeed. We must make haste," he said. Seeing this development, done so soon and so mindlessly, he knew the time had come. Kasmina was to be the most powerful form of vampire via her transformation, but this moment of stability had to be maintained and locked in. Immediately after he made the urgency of this matter known, Sorin began leading the way to the lower castle. "We shall go to the catacombs. You now experience a state of stabilization in your change. If we don't get you bound to a coffin right away, your human body will be destroyed by its own power before the transformation finishes."

By the time he spoke of urgency, Kasmina had returned shoes to her feet and had them buckled. She looked very much like her usual self though her husband seemed a bit more on edge than he had been a few moments prior. She figured his urgency had something to do with her, as all things that she'd seen unnerve him seemed to do, with this in mind she followed as he led deeper into the castle and listened to what he had to say. "Oh, well that does sound dreadful..." she said rather easily keeping pace she followed at his side to their apparent destination within the catacombs. "Just so we are clear, I have to sleep in a coffin do I not?" she asked, figuring that this bonding would take place in that sort of manner. Though she was afraid of very little, Kasmina couldn't honestly say she excited by the idea of sleeping in a coffin. Though if it was this or death, she'd obviously take it, she also trusted that her husband wouldn't lead her astray. With this in mind, she would do whatever was necessary to preserve her immortal life with him.

"It is a horrendous occurrence. I've seen it happen to someone bitten by my mother. Though it does not kill... not having a physical form is even more maddening than the idea of living alone for an eternity." These words were spoken by Sorin as he led the way through the major corridors of the castle. All the while, a veil was lifted from their surroundings. Castlevania had always been a place filled with scientific developments yet known to the rest of the world. The walls revealed torches which looked as if they'd lit themselves with lightning. By the time they reached areas of the castle below ground level, something else strange to become visible would be brass tubes of some sort along the walls, funneling heated water into the upper castle.

Soon enough, Sorin stopped in a great, open hall, similar in size and decor to that which held the throne upstairs. Instead of a throne here, there was an open podium at the end of the red carpeted walkway. The newlyweds' approach saw the opening of the floor, and the rise of a stone coffin from this opening via machinery. "At least this once, you must sleep in the old way. I will join you until the time of your waking. Alina! Is her coffin ready?"

As they moved through the halls, Kasmina was recounted a story of what happens when an immortal doesn't properly stabilize. Apparently, this was not a fate to wish upon even ones worst enemy. As such she was rather happy there was such urgency in their current situation. This of course did not stop her from looking around and seeing all of the things her mortal eyes had never seen before this point. "Truly I would not wish that upon an enemy," she stated of this existence without a form. "Even so, I cannot help but notice these strange lights. I will require an explanation for this when time is less of a pressing matter..." she said as she marveled at these things as they passed.

Moving right along they were soon within a large chamber which seemed to mirror the throne chamber above. And up from the floor at the end of this came a large stone coffin seemingly made for Sorin. After he mentioned the name of the maid known as Alina the crimson haired woman appeared with her standard glowing crimson eyes to answer his question her body already in a curtsy where she appeared. "Master of course it is ready," she said as if cued by her words another coffin emerged from the floor also mechanically and seemed to match the girl one. They would move in tandem until they settled side by side within close range of each other. "Do either of you require anything else before you sleep?" she asked seemingly more than willing to serve. The statement that she had to sleep in the traditional vampire way at least once, she figured it was a small price to pay for an eternity at his side.

"I would gladly respond to any queries you may have," he replied. He figured there would be some wonder about the technology present within the castle, but since Kasmina pushed off her own questions for a later time, he felt no need to go on with any explanations now. It was more important that they go on with this hibernation process anyway.

The appearance of the demon maid in person made Sorin realize he'd yet to properly introduce the pair of women who both had such importance to him. Before going ahead with introductions, though, he addressed the redhead directly. "Thank you; I suppose I didn't need to ask. And, no, there will be nothing needed other than a couple of introductions," was his response to her. With that said, he was free to go on with introductions as planned. "I'm certain you can smell it already, but for general purposes... Kasmina here now shares my blood, and should be served no differently than myself." Prior to the second half of Sorin's introduction, he held out a hand in gesture toward the maid. The previous statement had been given only as a formality, but the following information was quite important, he thought. "Dear wife, meet Alina... of the Ninth Circle of Inferno."

The idea that her husband would gladly answer her questions caused a small smirk to come to Kasmina's face. This sort of appeasement wasn't something she was used to from the men in her life, and given this she was still in a state of awe. This would only seem to expand as introductions of a more formal nature were made between Kasmina and the maid of this Castle. The latter of which simply turned her attention to Kasmina and offered her nothing but respect. "But of course. There are no thanks needed Master, and it is a pleasure to meet the Mistress. And I'll more than gladly serve her as well," she mentioned looking up from her curtsy with glowing red eyes. "If I am being honest, it was previously the case that I served nice couples," she said these words and it was baffling, but Kasmina herself was stunned by something else. The introduction.

"The Ninth Circle?" this came out a question and there was nothing but obvious shock in the face of the new vampire. "It is a pleasure making your acquaintance, but I must say I am surprised. How does one even make that sort of drastic change?" she asked wide eyed. Kasmina was well and truly confused, to go from serving or even living in the same circle of hell as Satan and all betrayers to being the maid, of a lone vampire with a soul was a bit extreme, even by her own standards. It seemed that the maid was a bit taken aback by the woman's candidness but simply smiled through it. "The pleasure is all mine. To answer your question... it is quite the complicated tale Milady, I am quite stunned by your open curiosity. In the interest of time, I will say... it was betrayal," she said a smirk forming on her face. "Though to be honest, this is exactly the sort of thing I had coming. Regardless, have no fear. Know that you will be served as the Master has been," she said with a chuckle. "You need only speak my name," this statement made Kasmina's brow raise, but she'd heard Sorin speak this woman's name twice now. She could only assume that she was capable of responding to her own name at a great distance. Such a thing was rather strange but technically invaluable in a servant.

"Betrayal may be one way of putting it," Sorin spoke following the brief explanation of Alina's servitude to him. He couldn't quite agree with the term, considering how they had come to know one another in this eternal contract, but the demon was free to see things in such a way if it set her mind at ease. "I would sooner call it a misinformed business transaction," he concluded. Sorin's following actions involved him stepping toward the twin sarcophagi. His arms spread apart, causing the lids to these coffins to remove themselves from the containers. Claiming his coffin to the right by walking to it, he gestured toward the opposite coffin. "Your resting place, my lady."

A smirk crossed the maid's face. "You would see it that way Master, a simple bit of misinformation. The point still stands, I won't get to consume the soul I thought I would, which is what these deals are about, but... I can't say I'm unhappy in the meantime," she said as Kasmina stared in awe. It was such a strange thought, that this woman was in fact a demon from a lower circle of Hell who happened to have been tricked into a contractual obligation for a vampire who couldn't lose their soul. She could only smile at this thought as she made her way to the coffin pointed to by Sorin and Alina gave a bow. "I will leave the Master and Mistress to their rest, call upon me if you require my assistance," she said only to lower herself and then disappear from sight.

The coffin to the left was apparently for her, and she soon approached it given it was already open found herself inside it with a great deal of relative ease. It was lined in velvet and softer than reason would allow her to think about. Surprisingly enough she figured she'd enjoy her time here, though she couldn't say she much liked the idea of sleeping in a box for any great amount of time. "Goodnight, Sorin," she managed as she situated herself. If nothing else were to happen she assumed her husband would close this box for her, though she thought about it, she could likely do it herself.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast