Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: [Transylvania] Castlevania

"As always, Alina." The demon maid was soon gone from sight, and Kasmina was quickly taking to her coffin. As she adjusted to the sensation of being within a vessel for the dead, Sorin took an additional step toward his own coffin. Though she may have been expecting something from him by way of sealing her coffin, he knew it to be unnecessary. The vessel was unclaimed, and crafted for the sole purpose of bonding with a vampire host; it would seal itself. "One to you, as well," he said while positioning himself for rest in his own coffin, which began to close the moment his eyes closed and his arms crossed over his chest.

Kasmina smiled as she closed her eyes, her coffin closed as well. She didn't know whose doing this was, but she supposed it didn't matter. With her eyes closed the restful sleep came rather easily and her consciousness was allowed to wander quite a bit while her body bonded with her coffin and finished her vampire transformation. This would leave the raven haired lass, to hours of sleep, uninterrupted. But, the dreams of another would be bothered instead.

Whatever dream Sorin would be having would be interrupted within a few hours of his sleep. Whether it a state of pure blackness or some other variable state, a woman would appear just out of his direct line of vision. Most saw her dressed in all black, with raven tresses falling down her back. But any who actually knew what she looked like would see the deep blue tints to her random layers of cloth and lace. They would see the intricate lacing of pairs of gloves as she held a fan over the lower half of her face hiding a large fanged grin. Her eyes a deep crimson color pierced most. But her appearance seemed to be somewhat casual, she didn't seem bothered by anything at all. There was something about her though, which seemed.... foreboding at best. Still her voice would break the silence of a dream world, like a chiming bell. "Oh, to find you sleeping at a time like this..."

For only a matter of hours, Sorin was in a state of unconsciousness. His mind placed him in an open plain under a moonlit sky. The green grass of these plains was kissed by a light dew; it was also sat upon by the rear of Sorin himself, who stared into the open and starry sky. He never dreamed of much, nor did he ever sleep much. The deepest reaches of his mind were filled with only the sound of a gentle wind wafting the trees of a forest which surrounded Sorin's virtual oasis.

Something was strange about this usually normal sequence. There was a presence not his own in his mind, and it was very much a consciousness of its own. He had felt this presence before, but he never imagined having it within the sanctity of his own mind. "What impeccable timing you have. Good evening to you, Lady McDermott," he said. His eyes parted from the stars just then, though a bright, violet gleam remained in them as part of his eyes' natural appearance. This gaze fell upon the black-clad woman who'd invaded his subconscious so brazenly. He could of course see through the shadowy veil she normally upheld, and thus always viewed the blue hue of her ensemble. "And what, pray tell, brings Andais the Dreamwalker into my mind this night? I have no business with the Convocation, but I do not believe you would do me the honor of a visit so casual in nature."

The woman looked around this dream space as if interested in it. She thought about it more and she'd never actually managed before this moment to enter his dreams. He slept very little and she usually didn't have the sort of business which would allow her to invade here. "What a calm mind you must have... dreaming of nothing but the night sky, forests and green grass," she commented in an offhanded manner. She was much more used to the minds of mortals, afloat with things of their imaginations. Full of the unreal and things they thought frightening... full of things which pleased her to watch. Such a space was almost boring to her, and likely would have been if not for its newness. Still, this was hardly the time for her wandering thoughts, she was after all here on business.

"And good evenin' to you Sir Phantomhive," she said seeming to find it amusing. There was a hint of an accent in her speech. It was as if it were mostly lost somewhere else, buried in the isles of Ireland. But certain words were always a bit easier to hear her origins in. She smirked as the young man before her, commented that he doubted she'd come by for a leisurely visit. "Oh, don't believe for a moment I wouldn't pay the mind of someone a casual visit. Admittedly, I usually don't find you while I traverse the minds of others," she mentioned, knowing of the man's sleeping habits by virtue of their lack of contact in this way. "Though, I'd be lying if I said I looked into the dreams of other immortals often. They don't fear much, and since I generally don't plan on eating them, it is usually unnecessary," she casually explained still as if her feet didn't touch the ground she found herself directly in front of him looking down past the fan which she closed in an instant. "You know as well as I do, you now have business with the Convocation. Even if you didn't before..." she said somewhat cryptically. Tension and suspense were quite part of her mystic, she couldn't give away all she knew, without first seeing what this man would think of her visit on behalf of the Convocation.

The lightest of chuckles escaped Sorin when this dream-invading woman commented on the state of his mind. "Perhaps all could dream in such a state, if only they could escape the horrors of the world we live in for a moment." This comment was given to the woman named Andais as Sorin rose from the ground. Her approach came just before the end of his ascent, but her state of levitation warranted a bit more from him. He, too, ejected himself from the ground to hover with this woman and meet her gaze directly.

Indeed, he knew the Convocation of Vampires would have words with him. On this night, he'd done an unspeakable thing that the master vampires of this land would surely not overlook. The worst thing was that he knew exactly which vampire would have known, and thus alerted the Convocation. "Surely you mean to say the Convocation has business with me. Unfortunately, my hands are tied at the moment. I find myself quite busy ensuring that there won't be another abomination in our midst. You and the rest of the Convocation should understand this."

"But that would make dreams less fun to visit..." said Andais who had a rather obvious interest in the state of the world. She seemed to enjoy the terror which plagued people as they slept. For whatever reason she had no problem with these calm states from immortals but... from mortals they would likely only serve to put her on a diet. Regardless, the point of their general musings and the pleasantries of their conversation would soon be over. In fact, as Sorin shifted he'd soon be found meeting her gaze at his fore and explaining why he had yet to move to meet the Convocation of his own accord.

"No, I meant it as I said it. You have business with the Convocation," she said seeming to find it odd that he would go on to phrase his statements in such a way. "Obviously no one wishes to see another abomination. But..." there was a pause as she unceasingly met this young man's gaze. Whether or not she personally took issue with anything done today wasn't entirely obvious, and with Andais such a thing never was. Two hundred years living in the old courts of Europe had made her good at hiding her own interests. "What you've done here today, seems to have made some of the older ones nervous, I can sense it rather clearly... the anxiety which borders on just the wrong side of fear..." she said. "If you are sleeping at a time like this. Your sired one must be almost ready, correct?" she asked rhetorically. She knew the answer because she could just as easily slip into the dreams of the one next to this man as she had his own. She might have already done so out of curiosity. "You'll have to explain yourself, and bring her with you." Andais' statement was a casual slip of the tongue, knowledge of the one who rested directly beside Sorin at this time, binding herself to a coffin. Powerful enough to indeed have caused a stir among the Convocation of Vampires.

"You are free to make whatever implications you like, but it does not change the facts," Sorin replied. As far as he was concerned, he had no reason to approach the Convocation. On the other hand, the Convocation obviously took some issues with what he'd done. Whether they wished to do something about it, or seek clarity, was a matter up for dispute at the moment.

Sorin found himself wondering if Andais had invaded his wife's dream prior to his, but that was a matter of little importance at present. Andais knew of Kasmina's progression into true vampirism, which meant the Convocation as a whole knew. They apparently sought to have Sorin and Kasmina appear before them to explain the situation. What an annoying bunch they were to deal with at times like these. All they aimed to do at this point was prevent having a second Dracula to deal with - someone who would reign supreme over even the other master vampires of Transylvania. Now that there was to be another vampire of Sorin's status, with the blood of Dracula within her veins, there was double the threat. "You say I must explain myself. Tell me, Andais... is that all the Convocation desires?" he asked, looking unto this woman with utmost skepticism fueling his gaze. He was powerful in his own right, and Kasmina would be as well; however, the entire council of master vampires would be something even they could not outright deal with if they chose to have one or both of them eliminated. Sorin would not walk into such a situation unless he felt it could be handled appropriately.

"I do not make implications," Andais mentioned. She had no problem meeting this fierce gaze nor did she really care for the meeting being called by the Convocation. Their power balance was rather delicate and it was obvious that another Master Vampire could tip the balance in any direction. Still getting this man to agree to appear before the Convocation was somewhat difficult. The woman would sigh her gaze unwavering as she explained the situation at hand.

She could of course understand why one would not want to simply appear before an entire group of Master Vampires especially if they were out to get you. "Oh? You worry do you..." she said seeming to have come to this conclusion. "Your new sired one is powerful enough to have stirred the Convocation," she said knowing this as fact. "That fact alone is reason enough for this..." she paused seeming to think of a word to want to use. "Caution." that was what she chose, but she'd also been sent out, and given the kinds of conversations had between all in the Convocation she had known this to be a possibility. "I mentioned that I would not come when summoned with a new sire if called in such a manner. That it might have looked a bit like a call to an execution or worse..." she said without giving away whether or not she felt pity for this plight created by Sorin. "Even so, it isn't as if all of the Convocation calls for execution. No one as even offered it as an option. This is a life of politics, no threats were made against you, or even your sire," she commented in the same way she always had. Something about this man's glare at this point was almost frightening. "Admittedly, they probably would not have cared, if you'd created her as her master. They would have thought of it as you becoming a 'proper' vampire."

"You are also free to have your own beliefs regarding these matters, my lady," he continued. This discussion between vampires within Sorin's dream world had quickly grown into something of a standoff. Each stared with gazes unwavering at the other, and each came with their own views regarding the original message/topic. Even so, things seemed to be progressing in a civil enough manner to ward off any hostilities. Sorin especially did not intend to have a battle of any sort occur here, in the space where Andais would have an obvious upper hand.

From the sound of things, there would be nothing to worry about by way of an execution or anything of the sort. This of course came with mention of there being no issues in the case of Sorin making a vampire and being its master, but that was not the case, and he would not have had it be so. "Very well. I suppose an execution would have been best done here and now, if anyone were to do it. Perhaps the council should be more frightened of its speaker's abilities. I will appear before the Convocation when the lady wakes; no sooner."

It seemed the civil stand off between Master Vampires would continue to be such without escalation, not that Andais expected that anyways. Sorin was never in her approximation the type to pick a fight and though young the state of his mind was such that she could believe at least he wouldn't act rashly about anything. His commentary about the fear of the council related to her own abilities made her smile and the accompanying chuckle was a melodic happy sound. "I do not think myself so frightening a person. Though I suppose it would be rather scary to think you wouldn't be able to sleep peacefully at any point. No matter..." she said seemingly pleased by the understanding that she could basically do as she wished with any of the Master Vampires while they slept and that likely being a reason she was respected among them and even sent out to speak for them, even when she didn't share their opinions.

"But they understand my power and reasoning and they don't necessarily understand yours. Thus... anxiety on their parts. Though I will admit to being a bit curious, I find nothing here warrants any sort of threatening behavior," she said, making one thing clear now that the young man had agreed to show up to the meeting he was called to. "She does not need to wake, because there is currently no neutral ground I've been called upon to secure the venue and all members for this meeting," said Andais as she thought about it more. "My territory in this way is the most neutral. If you'd like, before the meeting is called, we could walk together into your sired one's dream that you might explain this situation to her. Her mind is surprisingly calm for one who was so recently human. This power of mine alone can be less than welcoming if you aren't prepared to deal with it," Andais offered. A strange favor from this vampire, but she'd already seen what was to see here and still had to do what she needed to do regardless. If they were to have this meeting in a shared dream space regardless connecting the dreams of two people resting side by side was hardly anything other than child's play.

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast