Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: [Transylvania] Castlevania

Alina expressed her lack of understanding for the confessions Sorin, and others of faith, took to be absolved of their sins. This much was to be expected. She was a demon of higher caliber than most, and thus had always been connected to Satan in some way, be it direct or otherwise. "Confessions are delivered directly to the Lord, Alina. By admitting to our wrongdoings, we are cleansed of our sins. I do not expect you to understand." In the midst of this discussion, Alina voiced her opinion in the form of rhetoric. What could she have meant by it, though? If it had not been the blood alone calling out to him, then what else?

There was much to consider about this woman Sorin had encountered. At this very moment, though, he preferred the idea of moving past this ordeal with a fine cup of tea. Soon after his request, it was brought to him with accompanying cakes to sate his apparent sweet-tooth. Surely this would serve the purpose of quelling him. As sugar-filled as it was by Alina's assertion, it had to match the craving he'd experienced earlier this night. He took the cup before anything else. "I'll live an eternity. I think I can handle a few minutes worth of wait for tea," he said while raising the cup to his lips. The first sip was one which would make most men turn their heads. Its bouquet was almost that of raw sugar, yet precisely what Sorin had requested. But, that's not all the first sip was; it was also the only sip. "Augh!" he exclaimed, immediately tossing the cup full of tea onto the floor before the throne. Something about it was infuriating. It just... wasn't a match. "How did I, for even a moment, believe I could substitute my craving with tea!? Mankind has nothing that could sate this thirst!"

Alina presented the tea to her Master with her usual amount of flair. And as he took up his cup she rose from her curtsy and moved to the side. This was quite interesting because she also got to watch as the cup of fine china flew from the man's hands and shattered on the floor. This was yet another angst filled moment for the man, one which she hadn't expected to see from him. Her crimson eyes widened just a bit as she found herself looking up at the Lord of this Castle. Though she knew she'd created this drink exactly to the man's specifications she also knew that with the thirst created by fresh blood and power, he'd likely not be able to get anywhere with mortal food either, even with the steps she'd taken to include less mortal food than normal. "I take it the tea wasn't to your liking, my lord?" she questioned rhetorically, only to disappear and reappear within a second cleaning up the mess which had taken place by virtue of the cup hitting the floor. The pieces were even assembled again on the cart as if by magic. After all, she couldn't have him breaking fine china so easily. As she bowed her head she had little to add. "Perhaps, master should give his senses time to clear fully. I imagine after encountering something so new your senses aren't yet ready to go back to the mundane that is... tea," she offered. If her own thoughts were anywhere near correct nothing but the one person he refused to give himself would ever properly satisfy, her Master. Perhaps she could talk him into allowing himself a bit more.

"No... no, the tea was fine. I'll go mad if I try to use it as a replacement, though," Sorin replied. He'd had enough of this ordeal for now. There was hardly anything he could do, bar feeding on the woman plaguing his mind at present, to quench this thirst. That was not an option, though. He felt that if he did such a thing, he'd not only go to far, but be exposed to some form of drug he'd likely never experience again... and that would lead to him having this problem for the rest of his immortal life. Alina may have been onto something with her words. "You're right. I'll sleep on it, and hopefully this will be over by sunrise," he said. With that, Sorin would adjourn to his quarters, resigning himself to there until it was time to return to the throne and commune with the commoners he allowed into Castlevania to make requests of him.

Continue the story here.

As the dusk began to settle on the land a single true black horse and its rider could be seen making an approach to Castlevania. This horse unlike many which were black in color didn't seem to have faded at all, regardless of the fact that it spent all day out in the sun. It was aptly named Midnight and after having spent a while riding with the beast, Kasmina seemed to think it was best mare she'd had for herself in ages. The sun shown over this land causing large shadows to appear here and there, still the young woman didn't seem frightened, even as she looked upon the massive castle and wondered how the man managed to be within the city at any reasonable hour. She took in the view of this place in all its splendor, while she herself was dressed as usual, with her bonnet and hair around her face blown gently about by the ride she'd taken. Still after making her way to the front of this building, she dismounted giving the beast a calming pat on the face before she walked up to knock on the door of this giant castle. It could hardly be called anything else, given its sheer size. 'Christ in heaven, our entire house would fit through this door...' she thought to herself. Still she had come burdened with glorious purpose and she intended to see it through.

After using the knocker on the door, a thundering echo would be heard down the hall. This would bring forward, a certain red haired maid whom was always at the disposal of the owner of this dwelling. She was not presently covered in blood and looked like an average maid, the color of her eyes, had even become that of a simple darkened brown instead of the crimson they tended to be other times. "Good Evenin' Mistress, do you have some business with the master of this castle?" asked the maid after the large door had parted. This maid looked over the young woman with great dismay. She was used to the common folk who made themselves known here from time to time to beg favors of the master of the castle, but never had she seen one with such obvious good breeding as the lass before her standing here today. Beyond this the demon maid felt something strange from the young woman, she'd liken it to power but such things were unseen in humans, still it was an understanding she simply couldn't ignore.

Kasmina looked on with the same neutrality she seemed to always be capable of managing. "I need to speak with the Viscount Sorin Phantomhive. He has recently paid me a great kindness, and I simply wish to return the favor with the information I have come across this day. If he is willing our meeting shall be brief, I know he is a busy man," said this young woman with raven hair framing her face and rather piercing emerald green eyes. Her manner was one which the maid respected and as such she allowed the woman into the great hall at the entrance. "Mistress, if you might wait here for a moment while I go tell the Master who calls upon him?" she asked, seeming to need the young woman's name which she shared without thought. "Kasmina Dacian, and I will wait patiently here..." she said seeming easily able to keep to her word. A curtsy came from the maid but was soon enough dispatched as she headed to the left and once the door was closed behind her disappeared only to aim to appear at Sorin's side, wherever he might be within the castle, a curtsy already in place. "Master, the young Mistress Kasmina Dacian, wishes to see you. She claims to she aims to return a kindness you paid her, what should I tell her?" asked the woman of the vampire she was bound to.

On this night, the vampire Viscount Phantomhive was seated upon the throne he'd returned to days prior. He'd spent the majority of this day dealing with the common folk who braved the journey to his castle. The path alone was treacherous on foot, and those who appeared making requests during the day were always rewarded by Sorin, in some way, with a reasonable wish of their choosing. In the recent days, he'd been named Count. Now, he commanded two centuries - some of which could be seen even now, taking up positions around the inside and outside of the castle.

As he sat upon the throne, Sorin swirled tea around the inside of a cup which he'd not drank from. He seemed less bothered by events from earlier in the week, but he'd still not consumed anything of any sort since the day he'd encountered Kasmina in the city. His violet gaze rose from the swirling fluid when his most faithful servant appeared before him. Looking upon her, he wondered what she could possibly need at this hour. Sunset was mere minutes away; no commoners were to be asking things of him now.

Interestingly enough, there was no person present to ask anything of him. Instead, someone wished to return a favor. That name... he could not mistake it. Sorin's eyes widened to their limit when he heard the name, and he felt an immediate skip in his eternal heartbeat. The shock saw him abruptly squeeze the handle of his teacup until it shattered, causing the cup to fall and spill tea over the arm of the throne. "Kasmina Dacian, you say..." he repeated. This was a curious event - very curious. What kindness could this woman think to repay, and what did she think she could do to repay him for it? Was it worth his sanity to let her within his reach once more? Could he contain himself if he did allow this? These were questions plaguing the new Count's mind, but he knew how perilous the journey here was... and how much worse the trip back would be at this hour. He couldn't possibly turn someone away and let them risk their lives to go home, having accomplished nothing.

"... Bring her to me."

The maid Alina found herself watching as her master dropped yet another tea cup at the mention of a woman. She could only assume that this was indeed the young woman who'd plagued him in his most recent feeding. She stared at her master and at the fallen tea cup and once again moved about via teleportation, fixing the teacup and cleaning up the mess in the matter of just a few seconds. "Master, that is the second time you've broken that teacup, would you like me to fetch some new china for you? Obviously that set is no longer to your liking," the demon maid commented absently. Her commentary though a bit terse was right about what would come to be expected of her. And beyond this, she could tell by his reaction that this was indeed the young woman who had driven his senses to their absolute peak. Alina would have wondered if he was alright with this, but it seemed he wished to see the girl and as such a curtsy would ensue. "As you wish, my lord."

While this happened, Kasmina found herself studying the decor of this particular entrance. She couldn't help but think it was impossibly well managed for such an estate and wondered how many times it existed. 'I must do this and leave, this man is strange but kind, so I think I'd prefer if nothing ill befell him,' she thought to herself, that same purpose still burning within those emerald green eyes. Even as this maid appeared before her now. "The Master will see you now, Mistress. If you would follow me," said the maid who'd come out of the same door, but didn't lead Kasmina into it. "Of course, many thanks to you..." said the raven haired lass which only caused the maid to offer a small smile and nod. Such a polite young thing, to walk into this castle knowing what her master was and still think only of pleasantries. As they walked she continued to assess this lass and decided on a couple of reasons why her master might have had a problem dealing with this woman as compared to others. But it was not presently her place to speak on it. Instead she took Kasmina down this formal hall way to the end of it, in which there was a large throne where the Count Phantomhive would be sitting without a doubt. "Count Phantomhive, the lady Kasmina Dacian..." said the maid before offering a bow and clearing the area, leaving this pair in the giant throne room alone. "Count? Congratulations are in order then. Pleasure to see you again, sir." offered the young woman who gave a curtsy upon this meeting but didn't forget the purpose for which she'd come.

After permitting the entry of Kasmina, Sorin awaited her retrieval. In the meantime, Alina went about repairing the mess he'd made with the teacup. Her words were about the norm, but Sorin had nothing to say regarding them. His mind was presently occupied with thoughts concerning the arrival of this mortal woman. 'Why? Why on God's Earth would she be here now?' he wondered.

Soon enough, Sorin was watching the woman enter the throne room. Her introduction went as normal, provided by Alina. What came next, though, was a greeting from Kasmina that did not answer any of the questions in his mind. Still... Sorin remained courteous as ever. "None necessary. Good evening, Lady Dacian. What, pray tell, brings you to my castle at this late hour?"

This man was still as curteous as she'd remembered. Though she was aware of his life as a being who fed on people, she thought him a nice enough man to deserve warning of potential impending doom on his doorstep. She didn't seem at all concerned enough to warn the townsfolk of the vampire living among them though for whatever reason. Still, given her father's own greed she knew herself likely to be married off to the Vampire Hunter, and would hate to hear about Sorin's death over dinner one night in the future. "I simply wished to convey a warning to you sir, that there is a man here who claims to hunt vampires. Given what he offered my father, he will likely be my husband in the future. Regardless, he was ripe with information about them, and seeks the head of one which he considers to be powerful. It's probably you, and since you are a kind and righteous man, I thought you deserved the warning so that you might be more cautious in your night activities," she said the phrasing of her speech could simply not be mistaken. Beyond this nothing about the young woman seemed to indicate she was at all afraid of saying such things while standing right before this man in the privacy of his own castle where none would know if something happened to her. In all fairness no one knew she had even come here. So most would consider this even more dangerous, but Kasmina didn't consider it to be so.

She seemed to fully understand and reconcile the idea of this man being a vampire with the fact that he was also a kind and god-fearing man. Given his kindness to her she didn't want him to die to the man she'd likely end up married to. And by her own approximation if he'd simply wanted her dead, she would have already been so, she had no reason to assume he was a bad person, and all the evidence to support her ideas about his kind and pious nature. "I should clarify I mean only to return the kindness you showed me at our previous meeting, meaning not to pry or anything of the sort. I'd simply be saddened knowing that your death occurred if I didn't at least tell you of it as a possibility," and with that said the young woman again gave a curtsy and was quite content to leave this place and this man alone. As far as she knew her fate was probably sealed as far as her marriage was concerned, but she could be at least relatively sated by the knowledge that this man was at least being careful with his night stalking activities.

Kasmina gave answer to his curiosity. She'd come on this day with noble intentions, aiming only to give him fair warning of a vampire hunter's presence in Sibiu. From an outsider's perspective, this was a reasonable thing to do... but only from the viewpoint of an outsider. She also thought to note that this hunter happened to be the likely victor among her many suitors. Sorin's left brow twitched to the point of elevation. "Your likely betrothed is a hunter, so you thought to warn me as payment for my... kindness..." he observed. "I wondered if you had seen what happened in that alley the other night. I am remiss to say your journey here was nothing but a waste, on your behalf."

As if to mark his words, Sorin rose from his throne for the first time this day. This ascension was gradual, as if he were mentally preparing himself for something as he rose. He was. In the vampire's mind, close proximity to this woman was a danger to his faith. He had to resolve himself while he still had distance.

When he finally stood erect, the lord of Castlevania began taking slow steps down the few stairs before the throne; he never reached the end, though. Before his foot reached the final step, Sorin's body faded into nonexistence. In the time it would take mere mortals to blink and process this disappearance, he appeared again in the same cloud of darkness, albeit in a new location. This was one of many powers at the vampire's disposal: Mistwalking. He appeared to Kasmina's right side, as if walking from behind her. Only then did he make footfall once more. "You know nothing of vampires, do you? Our meeting was the first encounter with the supernatural for you. You reeked of a mortal in disbelief that day. You questioned what your own eyes told you was an absolute truth. I spared your mind for this reason."

According to Sorin, Kasmina's trip here was a waste. She simply didn't agree and a smile crossed her face as she heard these words of his, if she meant to argue about this, she would do so in her own time, though it wasn't exactly her intention to tarry here for very long. But before she could even give light to the thoughts she was holding on to, the man stood, seeming to resolve himself before moving towards her, if she expected this movement to be normal, she was most surely surprised by his rather sudden reappearance in the space of a single step... no a single blink from the stairs of his throne to her right side. Her eyes widened in this moment full of wonder. 'I suppose that explains how he got so far in front of me before... I am remiss to say against powers like his my poor self has no hope,' she said thinking herself to be rather foolish for the gamble she'd taken previously. Even so, it didn't seem to her there was anything to fear here, and as the man went on to explain why he'd bothered sparing her in the first place she could only nod. "I don't know much of anything about anything super natural. The Vampire Hunter was content to tell me basic things that I might keep myself safe, but none of that seems to be particularly useful information when thinking of you... Besides, having such knowledge doesn't seem to fit very much with carrying about a normal life of any sort. And I'd have no reason to look into such things, other than to confirm my own suspicions about you," she commented seeming to have settled quite a bit, from her earlier state of wonderment.

According to this man, her mind was left in tact because she seemed to be disbelieving. If she thought this was the only reason he'd left her alone she might well be in for a loss of an afternoon or day on her own part. But, she thought better of him than that, and had evidence to the contrary to make him that much more amiable in her own mind."And you are quite right, I was in immediate disbelief, but I doubt it was really as you think it was. I could understand the idea of you being a vampire, after all I had seen that with my eyes. I simply had trouble believing you could simultaneously be something people whispered about being evil while being unnecessarily kind to me," she said her brows furrowing slightly. "Though I've come to realize you are simply a kind individual, regardless of what you are..." she said this sentence while twisting the ring on her right index finger with her thumb as she tended to do to avoid fidgeting in any noticeable manner.

All the while this interaction took place, behind the tall throne that same maid looked on with glowing crimson eyes. It seemed she was intrigued by her Master's reaction to this young woman, and wanted to see what he'd do with her in these moments. She didn't expect anything bad to come of this interaction, she simply wanted to know what he meant to do with her. Beyond what he mentioned of being flustered almost completely by being in her presence he showed no real sign of it at the moment. If she hadn't simply been aware that he'd not eaten since encountering this woman, she might even say that until she'd appeared she'd left his mind all together. 'She's at least a bit interesting... I do wonder why the Master wouldn't simply keep her around...' thought the maid, as she found it abhorrent as a demon that this man had no mate and no real companionship for the duration of his life so far.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast