Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: [Transylvania] Castlevania

"This is the place that pleases me most now. I am owed a soul," he said as his sights set themselves on a carriage in the distance. He seemed perfectly capable of viewing this sight from a distance far greater than mortal vision allowed. "It is also my time to collect a debt. This Kudlak you serve..." he said with a pause, referencing the vampire Sorin in a way vampires had not been called since the age of the first ones walking the Earth. "I know of him. He is bound to my stone, and must be proven fit to hold it. You call yourself Alina and claim to be in service of this creature..." His eyes met the demon once more. He boasted a less lackadaisical demeanor than he had previously; the time for business approached. "Have you severed your ties to take this name? If I must go through you to reach my goal, then... Well, I have always wanted to test my mettle against the Great Ones."

In the meantime, Sorin was forcibly snapped back to reality by Kasmina. He had allowed himself to enter a trance-like state while observing the woman. Truth be told, he could have remained sitting and watching her dress for eons, and for a time, he felt it would go on forever. Sadly, it all came to an abrupt end with the mention that he should dress himself as well. "... Yes, of course," he said as the final articles of clothing Kasmina needed to don were telekinetically slipped into place. It was a shame that things had to progress this way. Still, he rose to dress. From within the closet came a full ensemble of all white which fluttered around Sorin and fit to him as he walked toward Kasmina. Two steps saw him enter his undergarments and trousers simultaneously, while socks and boots slipped onto his feet as well. The majority of his outfit formed above his waist, starting with a high-collared shirt fit for an emperor, with buttons - for design only - even down either sleeve. A vest-like robe lay over the shirt, and over that was a much fuller robe with multiple layers. One could easily view Sorin as an Archbishop in this form of attire, so clad in white with gold trimmings. There was even a matching Balmoral bonnet to go along with it all. Upon his headwear and robes were interesting eye-shaped figures, each featuring a red gem of sorts at its center. The only space missing one of these gems was the one on his primary shirt, just over his sternum. By the time all was in place, Sorin had reached his wife at the vanity mirror. From behind her, he leaned forward, wrapping his arms around her lower midriff while his head hung over her right shoulder. From there, he viewed her in the very same mirror, and smiled. "Perhaps you may wish to change. It would be a shame for the queen to become jealous."

"Owed a soul? I don't think you are going to find one of those here... well... unless you are really fond of cattle," she said seeming to think no less of the statement than when it was actually made. To be honest the Queen was still approaching and whether Alina had things to do or not was left a bit unknown. "Kudlak? Death, your age is showing..." the woman mentioned in the snarkiest of manners. She couldn't help but giggle at the thought that this man could and or would use such an archaic reference for the beings now known as vampires. It seemed though that this man had rather suddenly gotten serious, at once, seemingly connected to the idea that her master Sorin should prove himself worthy of the possession of Death's Stone and the other that he planned somehow to move through her to get at the man below if he had to. "While I'd be more than happy to have that sort of stretch with you, I'm bound here by contract. And if you know anything, it is that I cannot properly fight you as such. That wouldn't stop me from trying though~" she said something happy in her voice but it wasn't entirely friendly just the same. "As an aside, the Master would see you in audience if you wished it so, he simply cannot do so right now, surely you know what is headed this way, and there is no way he'd jeopardize himself or his wife so there is no way I could do the same," she said in allusion to the present situation. She didn't understand why her master chose to entertain a woman like the Queen of Romania, but she could do nothing but behave herself while this happened.

Meanwhile, Kasmina was soon embraced as Sorin finished dressing and wrapped himself around her as she looked on in the vanity. A large grin crossed the young woman's face as she heard this compliment and found herself relaxing into his body. Her head turned to the side and she pecked his cheek with her lips. "Oh, such flattery so early... my head might swell with all of this attention," she said accepting this and knowing that given this statement she definitely shouldn't change anything about the way she was presently dressed. "And you look rather dapper yourself," she said having a passing thought that he also looked a bit like a chess piece, but that was only a passing thought. She didn't seem at all concerned that she'd soon be meeting royalty, but then again, Sorin didn't seem concerned so she felt no need.

"Ugh, why does one need such a long walk to their castle door," a voice could be heard as she stared out at the passing countryside. It felt as if she'd been riding forever since the castle came into view. There was a hint of impatience and yet she was still content to continue on.

"Cattle?" he questioned. There was a thought which very suddenly crossed his mind, but he stored that away for just a bit later. It was made apparent by this demon that she could not combat him properly. As he was well aware of the raw power possessed by the Great Evils, he already knew this to be the case. In any other circumstance, Death would have expected his earlier words to result in an immediate battle, the likes of which would mar all of Transylvania before its end. When Alina drew attention to the approaching "queen" at last, Death looked toward the horizon, finding that the carriage was now quite some distance below the fine line where light met the very edge of the visible Earth. "Yes, of course. The atrocity herself will be upon this castle in a matter of moments," he said, showing obvious distaste for the approaching woman. There was no person on Earth he hated more. She was an affront to literally everything he stood for, and the sooner he found some way to rip her soul from her body, the happier he would be. For the moment, though, Death raised a thought that he had previously discarded. "What sort of Kudlak... or vampire, as mortals and the rest of you have taken to saying, takes audience with that thing while still keeping cattle in their domain? Is this not the same child of the Dragon who took my stone from the girl?"

The peck upon his cheek was responded to by Sorin leaning further forward, and turning his head to place a kiss upon her lips. "It was no flattery. I spoke only the truth, dear wife," he said as his breath swept across the neck of the woman. As much as he would have liked to remain, the queen's approach would have to be met. Keeping this in mind, he stepped away from Kasmina and adjusted his collar. Her returned compliment had not gone unnoticed. "Do I? It pleases me that you think so. I'm not certain why, but Madalina insisted that I have this in my wardrobe."

A smirk came to Alina's face but she'd speak no more about the cattle unless, Death was so inclined to ask. She figured it would do him a great deal to know the sort of man her Master was, but giving in all at once wasn't in the nature of the once great demon. Regardless of this point, it seemed that even Death took some issue with the being currently making their way towards the castle. Alina could only nod and mirror his discontent but for completely different reasons. "Atrocity? What a kind word to use, I've several in my head, but that one isn't among them," she also took issue with the Queen of Romania. Finding her to be an abomination among abominations. She came from Hell and that was nothing more disgusting than... the woman who approached the castle presently. At least, in Alina's own thoughts, beyond this point though the matter of the cattle within the castle had been brought up again, bringing into question the nature of Alina's master. "He is indeed still the son of Rachel and the Dragon. The very same one who managed to outwit The Maiden of Anguish on the terms of a Faustian Contract. He's the kind of vampire whose cattle are all murderers, scoundrels, and rapists. Guilt free, so as not to upset the sensibilities of the Abomination." she said with a nod of her head.

Soon enough Kasmina was being kissed upon her lips as her compliment to her husband and speaking of his flattery seemed to trigger something in him akin to playfulness. This of course, was all too welcome as she felt the heat of his breath across her skin, as he denied outright any attempt to flatter and called it merely the truth. He likely believed this himself and as such Kasmina could do nothing but smile in the moment after their lips parted. "If that is what you believe, I have no means to sway you..." she mused as he stood back seemingly appreciating the compliment she'd payed him moments prior. She grinned looking at him with awe filling her eyes as he mentioned that he enjoyed that she thought he looked nice. He also went on to explain that this was another of the outfits designed by Madalina who thought he needed it. "That doesn't surprise me at all. I spent quite a bit of time with her before, and she seems just a bit whimsical, though never without purpose," she said a small smile coming to her face as she stepped away from the vanity. "We're both dressed now, I suppose we should be off then," she said extending her hand to the man in hopes of being led to wherever in the Castle they planned to have audience with the Queen.

Meanwhile, the Castle gates were passed and the carriage carrying a woman dressed in all white and gold was stopping after what had to have been an arduous journey. "Oh, finally! We're here!!" she said clasping her hands together she bowed her head and prayed in thanks for her safe arrival to this place. Though she'd been more than a bit annoyed by the journey she seemed rather easy going about the trip at large.

"I share the company of devils, sinners, and Satan himself. Atrocity is no kind word from me," was Death's retort. None could understand the detest he felt toward a creature such as the queen, but none had reason to. She was an immortal in her own right, similar to the vampires, but far, far different. Her immortality was a blessing from God. The original vampires, called the Kudlaks at the time, were released from the circle of Hell that spawned them, into the mortal world. Those who came after received the gift/curse in different ways, but all were connected to Hell in some way. For a creature to be of the same design to be created by the grace of Heaven was something Death did not tolerate. "Kresnik," he hissed as her carriage reached the castle. "A soul that will never pass through Limbo unless I claim it while it resides on Earth. It sickens me to even think about such an existence." Death's eyes were fixed on the ground below, where the queen's carriage was. Though prayer and other such holy things did not bother a technically neutral creature such as him, he disliked the outright worship on either end of the spectrum. He could feel this woman's prayer, and it was repulsive. "That Dragon child is not yet damned? How intriguing. Perhaps there is a way for my chain to bind the soul of that wretched woman. There may be a war, demon. Are you prepared for the obliteration of yourself that will come as a result? You've no more resistance to Faith, do you?"

When Kasmina spoke of Madalina's whimsical nature, Sorin hazarded a chuckle at the blonde vampire's expense. "She is most certainly that. I do wonder where she's gone, though. She should have returned to the castle by now," he surmised. With all that said, Sorin extended his right hand to take Kasmina's. His next steps would lead them down the castle, not toward the usual hall, but directly to the front gates. "We must be the ones to greet our guest at the door this time. Alina should not be in the presence of the queen."

Before the queen exited her carriage, a male figure emerged from within. He was a blonde man with short, spiky hair, who appeared to be in his mid-to-late twenties. Full golden armor adorned his body, boasting a gleam which made it look as if it had come down from Heaven. His stern face shot a piercing red gaze at the castle as he extricated himself from the carriage, but this gaze did not waver. This man took a knee next to the carriage door, holding out his left hand for his holy matron, while his right hand gestured outward. "My queen."

A smirk came to Alina's face as the man stated that 'atrocity' wasn't a kind word from him. She supposed knowing the sorts of things that got mortals into hell and that claimed the souls of demons she could see how that might fit. It wasn't her opinion, but at the very least she could respect it. Beyond this point Death seemed to clarify his abject hatred for the kind of being the Queen of Romania was. His word choice once again was startlingly old, but even so Alina, found herself only capable of agreeing. "Yes, the Queen of the Knight Exorcists is rather a disturbing existence, I can understand how that might cause some... negative feelings within you," she mentioned coyly. "Oh yes, so that your age may not continue to show... they are calling themselves Exorcists, if you are going to be moseying around the world at large I thought you might like to know~" she teased ever so gently. Beyond this it seemed that Death was content to think he might be able to kill this queen. And more so found some amusement in the fact that Sorin did not count among the damned. "No... they are not. The Master and the Mistress are both still owned by themselves, which is very intriguing," she said knowing this information and how it had unfolded first hand. "And I am remiss to report that I am indeed incapable of properly defending against faith. I used to laugh at it, take joy from the agony caused by those whose faith could not affect me, but..." she touched the center of her own chest as if something was amiss. "Without my heart I am no more than a mid-tier demon at best. Even the mustard seed of faith possessed by a scared priest caused me some level of annoyance. I am sure you understand."

Sorin and Kasmina on the other hand were now making their way towards the castle gates. As they walked the former quipped about their still missing seamstress. By virtue of the conversation, Kasmina assumed the young woman was likely a resident of the castle on a regular basis. "Oh? Strange, perhaps she's found something of interest," she mused. She'd found that particular woman to be whimsical enough that she might not have thought anything of seeking her own amusement while the newlyweds settled into married life. Sorin then explained that Alina wouldn't be making their introductions this day for some unknown reason. As they headed towards the castle gate Kasmina couldn't keep her curiosity at bay. "What about this woman makes it so Alina shouldn't approach?" she questioned it seemed like the sort of thing which should be obvious but didn't make sense. Then again, the only thing Kasmina had ever heard abut the queen of their country was that she was beautiful and lovely but none of that was any reason a demon should have to fear or not want to approach.

After her prayer finished, the Queen's Knight an obviously golden armored fellow stepped out of the carriage before her and took to a knee, to lead her out. She found herself placing her hand within his as she made her way out of the carriage. "Oh? Always at the ready, are we?" the Queen asked, but it was obviously rhetorical. Still she waited because she knew the man she came here to meet would come to meet her at the gates. For whatever reason this was something she thought of as normal even though the lords of castles didn't often leave just to greet guests. "Thank you, of course," she went on seeming to have lost herself in thought, wondering what kind of woman had made the lonely vampire of this castle marry.

"Exorcists? How quaint. I've encountered many followers of God who call themselves exorcists; my chain found them as easily as my scythe tore the soul. Those things are monsters." Putting his disgust aside for the time being, Death turned fully toward the demon woman. The confirmation about her masters' nature was all he needed to decide his plan, but it would not be pleasant in the long-run. Alina's claim of her weakness did not go unnoticed, either. If she was truly so crippled as to have only a fraction of her original power, she would be of no use against the likes of a Kresnik. As he looked toward the redhead, he opened his right hand at his side. Within it, a jet-black sword appeared in the shape of a Japanese Daitou with a manji-shaped crossguard, and a seemingly broken chain attached to its pommel. "If you are so weak, does the Prime Evil not consider you expendable? Perhaps it could be said that you would better serve the Chain of Fate. A Great Evil would be quite the boon."

Sorin led the way to the gates not by Mistwalking, but by traversing the castle's corridors normally. He figured the timing would allow such relaxation, since the queen had not yet reached the door. Kasmina questioned their maid's inability to be in the presence of the queen, and Sorin stifled a snicker. "For the same reason she left my sword in your care when we met with the Scotsman. Faith is a danger to demons as well as vampires, and there is no form of faith greater than her majesty. She is a creature not unlike us, but her power comes from our Lord. She wields the power to cleanse the soul of any unholy creature while barely lifting a finger."

"Anything for you, my lady." The gold-clad knight bowed his head as the queen took his hand. He did not raise his head, nor his body, until the woman reached the ground. When this occurred, he released his hold of her hand and pressed a hand against the armor upon his chest. He then made the approach toward the castle gate, choosing to be the one delivering the knock.

It seemed that Death took issue with all forms of these Kresniks and Alina could see why that would be the case. As a neutral entity it had to irk him at least a little that he was being cut out of a deal. She could even see how this might make him angry in some way. But as their conversation progressed and she admitted her own inability to combat the sort of faith boasted by this Queen, Death was content to apparently offer her something. Asking about the nature of her relationship with the Prime Evil as well as her potential expendibility. There was some idea that she might join his cause and in her current strength she'd likely be bound to him in another master servant relationship. Her eyes narrowed only lightly at this point and her hands moved up to rest on her hips. "No offense to you Death, but I've had more than my fair share of Faustian contracts gone wrong, this entire offer gives me a great deal of unease. As an aside, I think my current Master and Mistress are interesting, I am too curious to jump ship now, not that I could," she said which was likely a lot more understandable given her present predicament. "As for whether or not I am expendable. I wouldn't know, it's been a few centuries since I last saw the Burning Hells, nor have I spoken to the Prime Evil. I was... going through a state of rebellion, I doubt he knows what has occurred with me. Since I left my heart I've done nothing wrong, and I haven't truly died here... so he hasn't killed me himself, for whatever that is worth," she was content to have this conversation so long as it kept her well out of reach of the creatures below.

Meanwhile Kasmina was in for quite a shock, as her husband suppressed a snicker and then went on to explain the situation with Alina as well as the nature of this woman known as the queen. Her eyes widened as she kept pace with her husband but found herself staring at him incredulously. She remembered the incident with the Scotsman but she thought nothing of a demon not wanting to be in line of hearing of holy words. "So we're clear, the queen is like God's vampire, and she can kill the unholy with prayers and faith. And that... is perfectly reasonable," said Kasmina as flippantly as ever. Such a thing was beyond unrealistic but she'd seen what faith could do in such situations. As such she knew it could be used as a weapon but the idea of a person being the embodiment of faith strong enough to shake a demon from the 9th Circle of Hell was more than a bit surprising. "And we're going to meet this person," a smirk developed on this young woman's face as she thought about how preposterous such a thing likely seemed to someone outside of the pair of them. "I don't know how others don't think you mad," she concluded as they approached the front gates.

The Queen found herself standing beside her Knight who went on to touch his hand to his chest before he rose from his position to do something about the gate. She smiled at the fact that he was so willing to act on her behalf and found him endearing. "Anything? You know where we are, and you're knocking at the door," she said with a great deal of humor. "Anything, seems a bit paltry by comparison," she finished waiting to see what would come of this man's knocking. "Now, we'll get to see what the new Count has been up to in our absence~" she mused.

As Death awaited the demon's response, he tossed his sword lightly into the air, and jabbed his forefinger into the link at the end of its chain. The sword was then twirled around said finger by its chain. It seemed Alina likened his words to the Faustian Contract demons made use of for ripening the mortal soul for a feast. Death chortled at the thought. In no way would one such as himself associate with such a thing. "Please. I have no use of the Faustian Contract. In your current state, you could easily be made into part of my army. You could even be returned to your former glory... or at least, your former power. If I could have one of your caliber at my disposal, I would discard all the rest," he said, knowing Alina was one capable of seeing the truth in the matter. In all actuality, the chain attached to his sword had a link for every soul Death had added to his personal collection. Though it appeared short, those who had sight from Hell itself could see the true length of the chain, which was long enough to have been wrapped around the world dozens of times over; one would be unable to follow it from one end to another in a mortal lifetime. "It appears you were not the only one going through a state of rebellion. If you've not returned, you may find things a bit... different. You'd have been purged by your brothers for acting as a lesser demon if a few changes hadn't taken place."

"Yes, yes, yes... and yes, of course," Sorin replied to he slew of questions offered in sequence by the woman in his company. The queen was many things, and cleanser of the impure was certainly at the top of the list. Luckily, Sorin never had to fear the consequences of impurity, and Kasmina was certain to be the same. When they were upon the door, Sorin made no efforts to hide his vampiric abilities. The door swung open without being touched for even a moment. Sorin bowed without a moment of hesitation, gesturing with his free hand to invite these guests inside. "Her Majesty Luminita Sanda Elisabeta al Romaniei. We welcome you and your knight to Castlevania."

Alina found herself watching the spinning of the blade attached to the chain link. After hearing what she had to say, it seemed that such a thing was a bit crazed as far as she was concerned, but Death seemed to have a bit of a differing opinion regarding the use of contracts, as well as Alina's worth in this situation. True enough, with her own power, Alina could see the length of chain actually attached to the end of the spinning blade and what she was was nigh endless. "Oh, well that might just be the most flattering thing I've heard in centuries... you'd give up all that for little old me?" she said seeming to take some thought in this. She was a demon after all, and thinking of the benefits to oneself was always important. Beyond that, if not contract then she'd remain bound to her Master and Mistress which was... surprisingly enough something she actually wanted to do. As she thought over this offer, more speech would come from Death on the matter of the Burning Hells, and it seemed that she wasn't the only one who felt at least a little rebellious over the last few centuries. "It wasn't just me then? Oh... perhaps a trip home is in order. If nothing else, a return of my power would be good for my current obligations. A small favor then, Death," she started as she paced about the rooftop with a hand tucked under her chin as she thought about things. "I do not know the states of the Hells, part of my contractual obligations means I cannot return to the Hells by my own magic without completing my contract. And I cannot complete my contract due to the nature of the vampire it is signed with..." she said. "Vampires..." she lightly corrected herself, knowing the contract applied just as much to the woman as it did to the man who'd originally taken it on. "If you'd be willing to open it up for me, that I might speak to whichever of my brothers is actually in charge now, I'd be more than willing to offer my help to you in your endeavors. The only thing I'd need besides that is the ability to complete my duties to the Master and Mistress, and I am sure my power would only help such a cause," she said curtly. "It is rather pressing though, I assume some kind of shift in power has occurred, so who is the Prime Evil?" she asked, this was most important. Her approach home could be welcome or ruin depending on the answer to this question. In her present state she could not return home on her own power. A trip home and a conversation with what was apparently one of the nicer of her brothers would likely remedy all problems and in addition, do something in line with helping deal with the exorcists who plagued the lands now.

Kasmina soon was given the answer to the many questions she'd asked revolving around the entertainment of the woman known as the Queen in their household. It seemed that their guest was indeed all the things Kasmina surmised her to be, even so, it didn't seem like it would matter much to her, considering what she knew of them as vampires and what Sorin had explained to her previously. Soon enough before a knock could be placed on the door, Sorin was opening it, stepping to the side to gesture a pair of individuals inside. It took Kasmina no more than a second to fall in line as well, offering a curtsy only to have a quick glance at both other parties. A man clad in golden armor and a woman clad in white but almost nothing at all. If she had anything to say about this she would not, but her voice wouldn't be necessarily the next one heard. "Oh! The Count Phantomhive, look at you... One has to wonder how you get to the door so fast, is this your wife?" she questioned as she walked up the steps eyes trained on Kasmina filled with joy and wonder and surprisingly enough to Kasmina she found herself meeting a red gaze much like her own. "She's... stunning. Oh, and not just physically either, the light of God graces her soul. I can feel her!" the Queen went on to say, grasping her heart as if she was stunned by the sensation. As her introduction had already been made Kasmina found herself looking completely and utterly stunned. What could she say in light of such a statement? And more over, had Sorin known this woman would react this way to her presence, the raven haired lass found herself looking to her husband as if imploring an explanation.

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast