Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Balsam Village

"No clue what that does besides make you look taller. But, go figure... We're the same height now," he said, glancing at the woman's stature while he had a moment to confirm this statement. Indeed, they looked to be equal in stature from his perspective. Moving right along though, Ren soon positioned himself with his back toward Ran's, raising his right hand to the sky. "They always want this," he said nonchalantly as shadows began forming in his raised hand. "Maybe they expect us to try out for the circus someday. As if."

"Yep, that about covers it. The equality of our height is good for our imagine. Maybe next time they'll let us do our shoots together." mentioned Ran. She seemed to have no problem with the idea that they were being considered twins even though going by the way their names were signed they weren't. They were at least partners and as such their equality was kind of important. As they moved on from this, Ren positioned himself at her back with one hand raised into the air. And as a result, Ran would mirror this activity, but instead of shadows light was forming on her own outstretched arm. "Hai, they do. Someone usually faints when we do this though, I doubt they'd want that at the circus." Ran said with a chuckle. Her armber eyes seeming at least a little amused as she began the spell which would make light type fireworks just for show to intermingle with the shadows likely produced by this young man to show off as the "Twin Dragons of Sabertooth."

As this happens both young women in front of them who had been discussing their likely kinship seemed to go completely still. "OOOH THEY ARE DOING THE THING!~" they mentioned together squealing with fan girl delight.

Returning from a mission and before going off to another, Hayama had found himself enough spare time to fill his stomach. Entering the first restaurant he spotted, he was overwhelmed by the crowd’s cheers. Wondering what was going on or more accurately what or who had caused this cheerful commotion, he scanned the interior completely. It didn’t take much for him to spot the reason. “The Twin Dragons, huh?” Slowly taking his mask off and uncovering the lower part of his face along, he made his way towards the bar counter. “Well at least nobody will notice me.” Once he was there he sat on one of the rather comfortable stools, and shortly ordered his meal. “A well done steak with curly kale and a side salad. And water, please.”
    この状況でお前はどうすることもできないよ。

お前の死は確実だ。お前の野望は大きすぎた…

"They're never gonna do that. They're not staffed well enough on security to fight off both genders. Things would be much better if they didn't just drop individual photos on a single page, though." The shadows from Ren's hand were beginning to rise alongside Ran's light bursts. When he was reminded of how fainting often occurred when they put on this show of coordination, he sighed. "I'll add more this time. Maybe there won't be any seizures, but there's nothing to be done about the excitement," he chimed. At this time, his shadows were wrapping themselves around Ran's fireworks to create the contrast that would make a 'flashier' show, so to speak. When the fireworks exploded, Ren's shadows continued moving beyond the light to fill the room in which they stood, all while newer shadows were placed within the light instead of around it. This created an effect of darkness-covered light exploding to create a black surrounding area, which then allowed the visibility of light-covered darkness to accomplish the opposite effect and return all to normal. As this all occurred, Ren seemed to be sniffing the air. "Oh... Roku-chan is here."

The girl known as Ran listened to what Ren had to say about their potential to do their photo shoots together and she pouted. All while she continued their little show. "Eh, that isn't fair. As many copies of that magazine that are sold based on our faces alone, they could afford to hire some extra security." she said knowing that she was right but that it probably still wouldn't happen. Beyond that it had been mentioned that their pages shouldn't be done individually. "Eh, according to the editor, the shots I just took and your most recent ones, are going to be the center spread, side by side..." she said in a sing-song voice seemingly excited about the prospect. "Though I stand by my opinion they could have just let us do the shoot together." she finished up and lowered her hand, knowing that their fireworks show was coming to and end, she watched as her partner sniffed the air and spoke of the apparent entrance of one of their comrades. "Eh, really?" she asked sniffing the air as well and confirming that this young man was indeed present. "I didn't know he'd be out this way... we should say hi~"

Hayama was enjoying his meal. No, enjoying wouldn't quite be able to express it. This steak... it wasn't just a steak. It was, in fact, so much more than just a steak. Even his first bite—oh, what heaven that first bite was. The outmost layer, like a finely cooked breast of an angel, resting gently on the sauces and the siding below, flavors mingling in a seductive pas de deux. And then…a curly kale! The most playful little curly kale! Then a slice of tomato, a leaf of lettuce and a…a side salad so exquisite, it swirled in the mouth, broke apart, and combined again in a fugue of sweets and savor so delightful. This was no mere meal of grilled meat and carefully prepared salad. This was God, speaking to Hayama in food. As he continued to enjoy the steak further, the lad eventually noticed Ren, who was sniffing the air and mumbling. He quickly raised his left arm to cover his face. “Shit. I think he noticed me.” was the only thought that crossed his mind. He seemed to be sniffing the air to track down his scent, and knowing that Dragon Slayers had enhanced senses, Hayama knew he would have no escape from it. Yet, he did think of a way that could get him out of this. Bringing his face closer to the steak in front of him, he let the hot steam hit his face directly and get covered with it eventually. He displayed a sly grin upon doing so, knowing he smelled like meat now.
    この状況でお前はどうすることもできないよ。

お前の死は確実だ。お前の野望は大きすぎた…

"That's cool and all, but if they're going to leave us each at the top of that list, they could at least be smart enough to build up a bit of jealousy," Ren said. For the longest time, he had been called the "Mage you want to have as your boyfriend" in Sorcerer Magazine, and his counterpart had been the same of the opposite gender. The way Ren saw this, things would have been much more interesting if the two of them did their shoots together, as to possibly perpetuate the jealousy aspect of the fan girls and boys. But, this was not his decision to make. Now that this little show of theirs was over, Ren began looking around for the Sabertooth Guild member he'd sniffed out a few moments ago, but he could no longer smell the man. All he could smell besides Ran and the others in the immediate area, was the food coming from the restaurant. "Kuso... I can't smell him anymore. And now I'm hungry."

"Yes, but it seems there is enough jealousy without them playing it up." said Ran, thinking only of the situation that'd she'd walked into this afternoon. "I know what you're playing at though.. you should pitch that to the editor, they love spicy little ideas like that. And at the very least it will keep the photo shoots from getting overly boring for us individually." she mentioned thereafter. After this it would appear their show was over, and though they'd discussed finding one of their friends, it would seem his trail had disappeared. As if to double check this, the red haired young woman would sniff the air again twice but this time her nose was simply full of the smell of food, encouraging her stomach to rumble in response. "Eh, I lost him too... wanna have something to eat instead? I'll be nice and let you buy it~" she offered with a huge grin. Not that it mattered to her either way who paid for the meal or even if it was paid for at all, it wasn't uncommon for meals for the pair of them to be waived completely, since their presence alone usually brought more business to any place they chose to patronize.

"They'd probably want us to do something weird. But... I think it would be fine. What's the worst they could ask for if they approved it?" Ren's stomach was beginning to feel as if it were turning flips in his body. He could certainly go for a decent meal right about now, and he was also fine with paying for the lot. Of course, he still managed to reply with a quick "hmph" to Ran's idea of being nice and letting him pay. "Sure; I'll buy. I just got a bit of Jewel from my last mission anyway." As he spoke, Ren began pushing through the crowd en route to the counter at the end of the restaurant. A male chef with an abnormally long head approached as the redhead seated himself and pulled up a stool to his right for the lass. With the stool out, Ren extended his arm as if he intended to guide the red-haired young woman into the seat. "That steak smell is driving me crazy. I need that in my life," he said both nonchalantly toward Ran, as well as toward the chef to place his order.

"It couldn't be much weirder than the perpetuation of the idea of the pair of us being twins." mentioned Ran as she rolled her eyes. It was more than obvious that this was at least one of many things the pairing of them dealt with on a regular basis. But as she thought more she decided what would likely be the sort of thing the Sorcerer Magazine would ask for from a dual shoot of the pair of them. "Neh, probably something odd, like a semi nude shoot, with the two us wrapped in each other's magic." she finished up this statement as if there was nothing wrong with it, much to the utter surprise of a passing woman. Beyond that she didn't really have a problem with what would have been considered this odd shoot, and given the detail she'd come up with on the spot one might have thought she'd been thinking such things to begin with. But as this conversation was moving right along, it came down to the bits about them catching a meal together. Since Ren agreed to pay, a large smile on her face as she joined him in the seat he'd pulled out to his right and heard what he had to say about the steak and her rumbling stomach agreed. "Yep, make that two." she said her last comment directed at the odd looking chef as she leaned against the counter and waited for what had to be a more than reasonable meal coming her way.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast