Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Balsam Village

"It could be. They could start thinking we're incestuous with the kind of shoot you're talking about," Ren chimed as he placed his left arm against the counter where he sat. "But, the shoot itself sounds pretty fun actually. You should pitch that idea when we-..." Ren paused there. As he spoke, he casually looked toward his left... and there, he saw the very same man he'd been smelling previously: Hayama Kotarou. His eyes widened, and he blinked repeatedly when he realized why he had stopped being able to smell this man. The bitter truth was, he had simply been masked by the intoxicating bouquet of the meal he'd come to consume. "... Roku-chan."

"Yeah, that is exactly what they and the rest of the population will think." she said with a nod. "But it's so marketable. Though it will make our meet and greets with fans much more... troublesome." she finished up now leaning against the bar, it became obvious the woman known as Ran would probably be pitching this particular idea the next time they were going to speak with the editor for their next photo shoots. As the conversation progressed to this point, she was almost inclined to agree with Ren but he'd stopped talking. "When..." she said expecting the man to finish his sentence but the words that came out of his mouth next made the woman look around him at the young man on his other side and she chuckled just a bit. "Ah, his food hid him from us..." she said feeling a bit abashed. Perhaps she was too hungry, if something as simple as steak was enough to hide a comrade in plain sight from her enhanced senses.

Glancing at the duo over his shoulder, Hayama noticed the uncertainty in their expression. It seemed that his little tactic of nullifying his scent with that of the majestic steak in front of him, he let out a smile and enjoyed another piece of his meal. He refreshed his throat with water and continued to nibble one of the curly kales, stretching the sense of pleasure to its utmost limits. At one point, he leaned forward on the counter only to spot the duo making their way there. Eventually, they interacted with the chef and ordered two meals of their own. It was true that Hayama preferred isolated places more, even when in communities. As much as he liked avoiding conversation, Ren and Ran were still two of the people he genuinely cared for. And he really meant it, since his usual approach would be strongly in the opposite direction. “Bartender-san.” He said, snapping his fingers to get his attention. Once he did, he would continue while pointing at the duo without making it obvious. “Those two are going to order something. Whatever they do, it’s on me. Okay?” he finished with a smile. Just as the man was about to turn around and go, he added. “Though don’t tell them it was me that paid in their stead.” Unfortunately for him, however, the man would not hear his last sentence and tell it anyway.
    この状況でお前はどうすることもできないよ。

お前の死は確実だ。お前の野望は大きすぎた…

"... When we go back to the editors," Ren said to complete his yet unfinished clause, though he was quite sure Ran had come to the conclusion in her mind already. This made it a bit unnecessary for him to finish, but he was too distraught by the random appearance of Hayama after assuming the man had vanished from the restaurant. Once the orders had been placed, Ren went digging for his pocket to retrieve the payment, but he was stopped by the man at the other side of the counter. Apparently, the meals had been paid for, presumably by one of the twins' fans. The barkeep decided to clarify the exact person, and pointed at Hayama. "Eh!? Guy masks his scent from us... just to drop his Jewels on our food a few minutes later. Roku-chan confuses me."

Her order had arrived so she was unworried. Beyond that she had nothing to say in response to the final sentence spoken by Ren as she fully understood, where he'd been going. She was sure she'd remember the idea, if only because shoots with Ren would make them less boring for Ran herself. In fact, there was nothing more on this young woman's mind than starting her meal. She seemed not at all, perturbed by Hayama's apparent antisocial behavior. In fact she was quite sure it was normal for him to be such a way, still she figured she'd take a shot at explaining it since it was so disturbing to the young man with her. "Well, I am pretty sure that Roku-tan just doesn't like crowds. He's pretty nice though. Let's not turn down his kindness.... let's eat already~" she mentioned with a marked bit of impatience. It would seem the young woman known as Ran had no problem stuffing her face in the company of men, especially when she wasn't the one who paid for it. With this in mind she prepped knife and fork over steak with all the happiness a single individual could muster, she didn't want to eat by herself though, so she'd wait just a bit for her partner of choice to catch up.

As Ren noticed him thanks to the fail of a person he had entrusted his wish on, Hayama facepalmed himself slowly and finished the rest of his meal. Just when the said man was about to go back into the kitchen, he signed him to come forwards. When he did, he was already ready to share his thoughts. “Well done, you brainless fuck. What part of not telling them was unclear? Surely just being around me makes you cleverer by osmosis, but again, you managed to surprise me somehow with your incalculable amount of stupidity. Have my congratulations, or make it up to me with free scotch. You have a minute.” he whispered slowly. He slid his dish towards him with an annoyed expression on his face, whereas the bartender stood without moving, shocked by the scolding he just got. With that out of the way, Hayama could think of not other way than socializing at this point. So he made his way towards the duo and sat on the empty stool on Ren’s other side. “Hello.” He greeted, and grabbed the glass of scotch that was now in front of him.
    この状況でお前はどうすることもできないよ。

お前の死は確実だ。お前の野望は大きすぎた…

"I guess I can understand that, but we're out of the crowd now. Even this lot knows when to back off." Without further ado, Ren grabbed his fork and knife, choosing as well to begin the consumption of this high-quality steak. As he did so, Hayama approached the space in which he and Ran ate, greeting the pair with a simple 'hello' to the both of them. Whether it was true or not, Ren thought Hayama to be the least talkative person he knew by a long shot. The thought of this made the man's greeting laughable. "We aren't broke, Roku-chan. We could have bought our own steaks, even though Ran would never pay if she could get out of it. Thanks, though. What'cha been up to?"

As they finally started eating Ran shook her head from left to right. "Not exactly what I meant. Roku-tan doesn't socialize in general.. not just with our fandom. He strikes me as the sort to not talk to more than one person at a time. Could be awful, what if he has a crush on one of us, but can never catch us alone?~" she posed this teasing query while taking a bite of her steak. Her eyes lit up with an unknown bit of glee and she'd continue on from then pausing only when the man known as Hayama spoke to them directly with a very simple greeting. A huge grin crossed her face, even so she had to address what had been said by Ren before she could get to the actual greeting. "Oi, don't make it sound like I'm some sort of cheapskate. I am simply accepting of gifts that are given to me." she said rolling her eyes at the man who looked as if he could pass for her twin brother. "Hi there, Roku-tan. Thanks for the food.~" and having nothing else to add to the conversation she went back to eating happily.

Hayama listened Ren, and how he pointed out they could have bought their own steaks. Well, of course they took. Even if they weren't mages that regularly took highly paid missions, they were both charming enough to make enough money for a desirable life. “Mondainai~” he addressed both of them, before continuing to answer Ren's question. “The usual. Coming from a mission, will be of to another shortly. An S-Rank infiltration mission to a guild called Grimoire Heart, to be specific. Not like I never do those but...” he took a short pause, wondering if this was secretly a double S-Rank assignment. The guild master had that side of not telling them the entirety of the details, which would eventually turn up good for them. Sipping his scotch, he carried on shortly. “Yondaime himself assigned this one to me. So I suspect something's up.” he said with a nod while setting his gaze upon the duo. He didn't have enough time to make a background search about the said guild, but perhaps the Twin Dragons knew something about them. “Do you guys know anything about said guild?”
    この状況でお前はどうすることもできないよ。

お前の死は確実だ。お前の野望は大きすぎた…

"She says she's accepting gifts that are given to her, but she pretty much begged me to pay for her meal when we were on our way here," Ren said nonchalantly just before shoving another bite of steak into his mouth. When he heard the details on Hayama's situation, he became quite interested in what the man had to say. He would not have thought lightly of such a mission regardless of the specifics, but the fact that the Guild Master had assigned it directly made things much more serious. Ren took a sip of water to wash down his steak, and when that was done, he chose to address Hayama's concern. "There's definitely something up. Grimoire Heart is the Immortal Guild. They've got some monsters on that airship of theirs. If you're going, you might have some problems ahead of you... if you can find the airship."

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast