Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Kuoh Academy

'If it's weird then, feel free to hop out of my head...' she thought at the lad. She didn't have any explanation for how she felt nor did she intend to explain what had happened to put her into such a state. Beyond this as she finished hugging Maiko her gaze flickered to Takumi. Everything about him felt different and somehow more solid than he'd been before. Eira would have thought about this more but cut her gaze after a few moments. "Okaerinasai," she said welcoming both of these individuals to the club, but there was something very strange going on here because though she'd looked at Takumi for a few seconds, she seemed to feel oddly about him. She greeted him, but somehow remained distinctly distant given how she normally behaved. Regardless she had a plan to keep to, and now that everyone was present she was ready to move right along.

"Alright everyone, for today, I think it's about time for our newest acquisitions to learn about contracts, both in theory and get them passing out their own fliers so they can start taking them. Izuna and Youmu... you two can handle teaching that for Takumi, Sairevil and Miyuki, also teach the ones who don't know the magic circle so they can come and go as they please. Hiroki and Maiko you two can go on any contracts you're called for or pass out fliers for yourselves," she mentioned as she stood nudging Maiko gently so she could stand. "Hai, Buchou!~" she got from Miyuki. She'd been wondering about contracts and she'd heard some interesting information regarding them but never done anything with it yet. She was also fairly excited to learn something new. Meanwhile Maiko nodded but she was still feeling strangely about the lack of punishment for her actions earlier. Youmu looked to Eira as well with apathy in her face and asked a single question. "What are you doing today, Buchou?" Youmu asked of the woman, this would cause Eira to look a bit surprised but she'd answer nonetheless. "Actually I have a contract so I'll be busy tonight. Gambatte ne!~" she chimed, so much like she would have before she turned to leave, which she'd do fairly soon after as long as no one else had any questions.

Izuna's eyes had closed briefly, but they opened quite wide when Eira replied to his final clause. His gaze quickly shifted to the crimson-haired devil. He'd not experienced such a shock in years, perhaps decades. '... Sou ka,' he thought, this time to himself. He had nothing further to say in or out of his head, but he seemed to be in a bit of a childish huff after his mental conversation. Because of this, when Eira handed out her orders, he floated farther from the group. "Iie. I've got stuff to do," he said, leaving no leeway thereafter before he disappeared again. Hiroki was the first to react to this by sighing, realizing what was now being pushed on him. "Yare yare. I don't need to deal with my contracts now, so I'll take his place."

Takumi had been sitting silently, looking at no one in particular. When he was called upon with a task though, he quite literally rose to the occasion by removing himself from his seat. "Hai," he said blandly, moving on to wait for whichever senior member of the peerage would be guiding him.

It seemed that her statement about getting out of her head, had struck some kind of nerve with Izuna. This apparently left him shocked enough to withdraw from Eira's mind and huffy enough to not want to do his work this day. 'Shit. I snapped...' Eira thought to herself. That was fine though as Hiroki stepped up to take the devious fox boy's place as a teacher in this particular setting. "Arigatou Hiro..." mentioned Eira who had nothing to say about the antics of Izuna but she did feel at least slightly bad for snapping at him. Perhaps, she'd apologize a bit later. Whatever the case, Eira would soon enough disappear outside of this school house and begin walking only to show up again somewhere in Kuoh Town.

Meanwhile, Youmu had watched this entire interaction with the same level of apathy she always seemed to maintain. While Eira was sitting beside her, she got the feeling that the lass was upset, though not to the extent which normally caused tantrum. Whatever the case, it would seem as if she was going to be teaching a bit this day, and she didn't mind that. Even though the person she normally taught such lessons with decided to not be involved in anyway. Whatever was wrong with Eira she trusted Izuna to help the crimson haired woman out even if she didn't want it. As such she resigned herself to her given task. "Takkun, Revil come along..." she said to the pair to Hiroki she gave a nod towards Miyuki. She knew the girl was exceedingly magically inclined and probably also already understood the basics so it would lighten Hiroki's random role just a bit to deal with her alone. And with the pair of them following along she'd disappear as well into her favorite teaching room, within the confines of this building.

Hiroki sighed again. He had no problem helping out and doing his part, but he took some issue with extra work being thrown on him by the random departure of Izuna. Either way, Youmu took two of the new members who needed guidance, leaving him only the most magically-inclined of the group. This would indeed make his time spent much easier to manage, so he looked to the white-haired young woman and nodded to make known his appreciation. With that, he turned toward Miyuki and beckoned for her to follow him as he left. "I'll do my best! Let's get you used to taking contracts," he said, taking Miyuki along with him to leave the building totally empty... except of course for Izuna, who'd not actually gone anywhere besides another room when he disappeared.

The day after their Club had been given their own activities as their leader went about her own secret mission, Maiko found herself wandering up on to the roof during her lunch hour. It was a sunny afternoon with a gentle breeze and she seemed to be her usual chipper self. She'd learned through previous conversation that she and Takumi shared a lunch given their year in school, but she'd never seen him in the cafeteria or courtyard. She also remembered what had been said about the lad's untimely demise, and as such she had no real problem finding him. She climbed up to the roof carrying two boxed lunches proving that she'd planned this event just a bit and she looked for the lad if she found him she'd greet him accordingly. "Yo! Yasukawa! Why do you eat all alone up here?" she asked him as a form of greeting in her usual way.

During this lunch period, Takumi would indeed be found on the roof. He stood at the edge, at the very point where he'd once been kicked off by those who tormented his timid self. His eyes were on the ground at the point of his death, as well as the point of his rebirth by the hands of Eira. 'What was it even for?' he wondered. Since the previous day, he'd learned a hefty amount about devil contracts and such. His questions were plentiful already, but knowing he didn't have a contract with Eira made the entire fact that she'd reincarnated him on a whim even more puzzling. 'Just a Pawn, huh...'

His train of thought was interrupted abruptly. This was far from the first time he'd been found on the roof of this building, obviously. However, this interruption was the fault of a friendly presence instead of one bringing adversity. He turned from the edge of the roof to face Maiko as a retort passed his lips. "Oi," he started. Immediately after this greeting, he explained his habit of taking lunch on the roof. "Because I'm less likely to be bothered up here. Only a few people even have the nerve to get on a school roof with no gate to keep them from falling. It's really easy to die, ya' know?" he said in a weak jest, alluding to his own former misfortune.

Takumi's inner monologue was unknown to the young woman joining him. She didn't think much about his quietness as he'd always seemed to be quiet regardless. To the best of her approximation, he was now just more openly friendly with her and able to kick the asses of the sorts of people who would have beaten him up before. A grin crossed the girl's face as she was greeted in turn, with the lad's rather twisted sense of humor making a showcase in the moment he stepped away from the rooftop's edge to join her. "Ugh, you could be any more edgy? Lighten the hell up man," she said in her usual encouraging she came to a stop in front of him and said something rather simple. "Normally, I'd probably bitch about this, but since I am not really one to do this sort of thing I kind of appreciate no one being here to see it" she said extending one of the wrapped bentos to the lad. "I made you lunch. I don't really cook though as a warning, and my mom was yelling at me the whole time so I have no idea if I actually did it right. But you made a pretty awesome breakfast so I figured I'd give it a try," she mused looking away from the lad waiting for him to take what she offered so they could eat together. "I made myself one too, so if I accidentally poisoned us, we can be sick and cut class together!" she said in a show of solidarity that she'd shown so much for the last few days and probably a bit longer if you counted her random acts of kindness.

In the wake of what he had to say, Takumi was referred to as... edgy. This caused him to look onward with an abashed visage as he rubbed the back of his head. "Ano... I thought it would be funny," he claimed. He wasn't quite back to 100% just yet, but in his current state, he somehow thought he'd actually managed to produce a solid joke. Apparently not. Regardless, Maiko spoke of doing something outside of her norm, and preferring the fact that no others were around to witness its unveiling. He happened to be without lunch on this day, and what Maiko produced was a bento made for him. Emotional states hadn't been much of a thing for Takumi over the past couple of days, but in this particular case, his eyes widened as he took the box in hand. "You made me a bento? But... I made you breakfast as thanks for what you did; you didn't have to pay me back for it." Takumi wasn't certain how to express himself. A bento wasn't something he'd seen in quite some time, and he could count with the fingers of an amputated hand how many times he'd received one prepared specifically for him. As such, there was no way at all he could produce the nerve to even think of turning this one down from one who'd been so crucial to his mental stability in recent days. Upon deciding this, he looked up and actually smiled. "Hontoni arigatou," he said while shifting himself to take a seat next to the roof entrance.

Though her head was turned away as she offered and explained the offering, by the time Takumi started talking about it she was looking at him out of the corner of her eye. Though he'd claimed that she didn't need to make him anything for breakfast because he'd given her breakfast as payback for her nice action, he still accepted the bento which made her happy. What was more by the time he'd said thanks he'd even managed a proper smile about it. The girl's eyes widened at this and she managed to look abashed by the entire thing. "Look don't mention it. Hell, after you eat it you might not ever want to eat again... it's a warning," she said as she joined the lad beside the entrance to the roof which was the only stable place to put your back against. Sitting like this she'd open her own bento with her legs out in front of her straight but crossed at the ankle. She'd open the small box to see a couple of those octopus shaped hot dogs, a couple of rice balls of different shapes and even a couple of shrimp tempura. All arranged with a great deal of care. The package itself even included a juice box like the ones seen in Takumi's refrigerator the day before. The one which would be for Takumi would be the same way, at the very least it didn't smell like it'd be dangerous for consumption and as such she'd take the first bite to make sure they didn't die. "Itadakimasu!" she chimed as she began the eating ritual as if nothing was amiss, as far as she was concerned the food was mediocre not amazing but not bad.

Apparently, Maiko didn't think too highly of her own cooking ability. She had already prefaced this when mentioning how her mother was yelling at her the whole time she'd been preparing these meals, but that didn't matter to Takumi at the time. "Iia. It's fine, I'm sure." After opening his box, Takumi found its contents to be quite well-put together. A small gleam crossed his eye as he looked to it in anticipation. Chopsticks in hand, he clapped over the box. "Itadakimasu!" With that said and done, Takumi reached in to take his very first bite. His eyes were wide when he took it with a few slow chews initially. Soon though, he fell into a regular chewing pattern with closed eyes, saying nothing as his eating pace became slightly faster with each passing bite. Through it all, he had but one comment. "Sugoi," he said as he reached the point of eating as if he were some starving child, or as if it were the best meal he'd ever eaten.

Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast