Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Kuoh Academy

Eira listened to the conversation between her brother and her newest acquisition and remembered that she'd never seen the young man outside of school, so she'd never had the opportunity to tell him that it was perfectly fine to call her by name. "Cut him a break... it has only been a couple of days, Nii-sama..." Eira mentioned in defense of her pawn. Of course, the look she garnered from Sirtreize let her know that some sort of teasing was headed her way, and she couldn't help but sigh just a bit as it happened. This sigh was further exasperated by this man's follow up sentence which sent the young heiress into a bit of a huff. "Are you really doing this... right now?" she asked of the way her brother chose to address her in this sentence. Of course she knew her brother and knew he was doing exactly this, but she couldn't really take blame for this sincerely, it wasn't her fault that Takumi refused to hang out with the group outside of school. Her own logic dictated the only person he hung out with at all was perhaps Izuna.

Beyond the apparent problem her brother had with what assorted members of her peerage chose to call her, basically the ones who didn't spend more time with her outside of school, there was also the matter that he apparently felt his gift of a party was being shunned by Eira. Now it wasn't but given all the things her brother had done this day, she couldn't believe it would be a simple party. "Look... " she started, only to have her speech be interrupted. She knew her brother was just playing at the heartstrings of anyone who'd listen and unsurprisingly enough the female members of her peerage seemed to fall right into it, starting with his biggest fan Maiko. "Your brother did such a nice thing for us... how could you be mean to him?" she asked her which made Eira's head turn and her eyes widen. She couldn't say she didn't expect this from Maiko but the speech that would come next was from Youmu. "You were happier the last time he threw you a party, Eir..." she mentioned those deadpan blue eyes making contact with Eira's. It was like being shot through the heart. Last but certainly not least there was Miyuki who pulled on the sleeve of the crimson haired woman. "You could smile a little, I've never been to one of these, he seemed really excited about it, Buchou..." she said, and it was like she died in this moment.

"He turned... every woman in the room against me... I am just thinking ahead..." it was like a dark cloud settled over Eira for a few seconds. She couldn't believe the amount of misfortune brought about in this moment. "Eira-nee..." she corrected Miyuki who thought about it her eyes widening, this was seemingly one of the things she'd forgotten with her knock to the head. "Fine... fine... you win. I'll just be happy. Arigatou... Nii-sama, thank you for taking care of us~" she managed. She couldn't believe how quickly the tides turned against her. "And while I am at it, when we aren't doing club stuff, Takumi...you can call me by my name too~"

"Such a cold heart you've grown into..." Sirtreize was still going on with his false tears. When it seemed the female members of Eira's peerage were getting involved, he virtually leaped at the opportunity to address them. He leaned forward once more, facing the trio of girls with his hands clasped together in front of his face, all while watery eyes looked upon the young ladies. "You wonderful ladies understand, right? So cute, so kind, all of you. Wouldn't you rather come to my peerage and never have to deal with a woman who cares so little for her own family?"

Meanwhile, Takumi was stepping forward just in time to be addressed directly by Eira. Specifically, she spoke of him being free to refer to her by name outside of the Occult Research Club. He could hardly fathom such a thing, figuring that even if he would not be referring to her as club president, he would have to use terms like "master" and the like. He did hear the others avoiding the same formalities as himself, but he assumed it was a matter of familiarity. Frankly... his history with women saw to it that he preferred avoiding such familiarity when possible. "Sumimasen. I... don't think it would be for the best if I did that..."

There was nothing on the face of Eira when she looked up at her brother. Things like this were exactly why she didn't spend too much time with her brother in the company of many others. The fake tears he was putting on for these young women finally made Eira scoff. "Trying to steal half my peerage while having your own, totally reasonable," Eira said. "You know I wouldn't give any of you up for anything... but if you want to go... I won't stop you," she said to all of them. She wouldn't trade anyone in her peerage for anything in the whole world, unless of course they wanted to go, and all present were well aware of that... the first to speak up was Youmu who chuckled just a tad. "It usually isn't possible to tease you very much, but you always seem so easily vexed when Nii-sama is around... I couldn't resist," her normally emotionless knight said turning down the offer to join the peerage of the man, in a way which Eira found simultaneously humorous and relieving. Meanwhile, Miyuki pouted just a bit, "I don't wanna go either...Eira-nee is so nice..." she said seemingly enthused to stay and remembering the concern the woman had when she'd returned to see her. "Ano... but you would let me go if I wanted to though right?" were Maiko's words, only she broke a wide grin. "I'm also just messing, kinda. You could be nicer to him... he does awesome stuff, and the last party was awesome!~" Maiko's words let Eira know that the young girl was simply a permanent fangirl of Sirtreize Lucifer, but she supposed there were worse things.

All of this happened and Eira felt better. At least the girls of her peerage weren't completely wowed or fooled by the antics of Sirtreize. "I'm telling Cin-nee you're trying to steal all my female peerage members and being mean to me," she said, to the man. She mentioned these words casually before returning her full attention to Takumi. She tilted her head left and seemed to stare at him intently, only a few seconds later a small smile came to her face and she sighed. "As you like, Ta-ku-mi~" she said in the same sing-song voice she generally used when addressing people like Izuna when he was in a funk. "Just remember that it's an option, if you ever feel so inclined," she said. Satisfied that she'd at least tried. She would really have to make it a point to look further into this boy's past and try to figure out what his deal was as far as his formalities were concerned as it was more than obvious to Eira that he was content to put a great deal of distance between himself and other people for reasons she hadn't yet figured out.

Following his speech to the female members of Eira's peerage, Sirtreize straightened his posture and stared them down. He was, in fact, inspecting the amount of conviction in their responses when they turned down his offer, be it real or false. He had to say, even Maiko's reaction told him there was no chance of her deciding to follow him instead of his sister. "Oh? And what of you lot?" he asked, now shifting his gaze around to Izuna, Hiroki, and Takumi. "Satan or not, fat chance of that happening," said Izuna. "I can't say I have even the slightest amount of interest," Hiroki followed. "I don't know anything about other Devils, but... I'd rather stay where I am," Takumi said as the final answer Sirtreize needed.

After everyone had spoken, Sirtreize began clapping with a wide grin on his face. His gaze found Eira again, and the clapping slowed to an eventual halt. Even then, though, the verbal praise was only beginning. "Great job, Eira! You've done what most Devils only dream of doing. Your peerage might be one shy of a full set, but it looks like there isn't a single existing member who would leave your side. You've really made yourself a family, after all. And that... is all the reason we need to throw a party; wouldn't you agree?" With that said, Sirtreize raised his right hand while pressing his thumb against his middle finger. With a single click of his fingers, he would teleport himself and the entirety of Eira's peerage to the Underworld, where the Gremory Clan's territory was being used to harbor a massive party in Eira's name.

Eira heard the question of her brother being moved from the females who seemed to turn him down, to the males of the group who would answer in kind. Izuna's answer was all but expected, he was of course, Eira's best friend beyond all else, she didn't expect him to go anywhere. Hiroki in the same respect seemed to be very fond of her and he was one who'd been in her care for a rather long time. When it came to Takumi, there was a moment of pause from the crimson haired young woman. She was certain he wouldn't leave her, and when he affirmed this she could only be confused. 'For a guy who doesn't really want to be around me, he doesn't seem to hate me. I'm so confused by him...' she thought of her pawn. "Minna..." Eira's eyes shown happily in this moment, she couldn't help but feel pride for her peerage this little family she'd gathered all on her own. Beyond that, she couldn't help but feel proud of this young man, Takumi, who managed to be just as involved irrespective of personal confusion. Regardless of this it seemed her brother was content to begin clapping after this, apparently finding out what he meant to find, that she'd put together a family like peerage, instead of having problems within the group.

"Of course I made myself a family, Nii-sama," she said. She felt it didn't need further explanation. Given the reasoning behind his strange behavior and line of questioning she supposed she could understand. Their family was known for the kind of affection they had for their servants and their ability to treat them well, and that wasn't common. The idea that her peerage already didn't want to leave her as young as they were, was likely extra proof that she was a suitable Gremory Heiress. With a snap of his fingers, Sirtreize moved them all to a party which apparently was in their honor. "It's always worth it to have a party with them~" she chimed happily, a huge grin breaking across her face.

Days after the Rating Game(s) of Eira and her peerage, the Student Body Council's office was inhabited by a male who'd been present behind the scenes of the battle against Onoko Astaroth's peerage. His name was simply Leishi. He sat upon one of three couches that faced inward to a table at the office's center, forming a square with the desk to complete it at the rear end. He wore slim white pants, and a purple tank top underneath a very loose black shirt with its collar wide enough to drape over each shoulder. To complete his ensemble, he sported a pair of black gloves that fell just short of reaching his wrists, and a very long, white headband with a golden star at its center, and gold also finishing its multi-pointed ends. In his hands, he held a booklet that was interestingly used to house a written review of Eira's most recent Rating Game. His deep purple eyes scanned each page again and again, and a chuckle escaped him numerous times. "That's messed up. I wish we could have been involved with this one; we didn't even get an invite!"

Curiously enough, the leader of the Peerage being reviewed by this lad, was destined to appear in this office today. The crimson haired heiress to the Gremory Clan would soon enter this very room, though it wasn't Leishi she intended to find here, she had different plans altogether. She'd be seen dressed in a formfitting black dress, which she'd become rather accustomed to wearing and black shoes which laced up to her knees. Completing her ensemble was thin black lace sleeves which covered her arms from her biceps down to her palms. This outfit did nothing more than accentuate the girl's rather curvy figure, but that didn't matter right now as she wasn't here for school related business. "Eh? Lei-shi~" she chimed initially leaning over the couch to have a look at the lad from directly behind him. Strangely though he wasn't a member of her own peerage, she seemed to be quite fond of him, a gentle smirk coming to her face as she rested her bosom against the back of his head. She seemed to have forgotten the entire reason for her own coming to this place. "Ohayou Gozaimasu~" she greeted properly seeming to have forgotten why she came to this room in the first place. "I haven't seen you in ages. I meant to thank you guys for proctoring that horrible Rating Game we were in. And you know, not letting Izuna break out~" she said with a gentle smile on her face.

The male named Leishi was not at all ripped away from his reading, even as another person entered the office. He did, however, raise a curious brow the moment the door was opened, without visually confirming the person present. 'What a coincidence,' he thought. In a matter of moments, the familiar bust of one Eira Gremory was pressed against his head from the rear, and her own face simultaneously loomed over his. "Good morning, Eir," he spoke ever so casually. Just then, the page of his booklet was turned, though he finally tore his eyes from it. "It was no problem. We have fun watching Rating Games, and it keeps Nym especially happy. We didn't keep Izu from breaking out, though. He could have freed himself from that kekkai of mine any time he wanted. I inscribed it with the rule 'Any apparition of Seirei Class or lower cannot pass' when I set it up," he said, taking a breather before returning to his reading, as he wondered if his words may have been lost to the Devil in his company.

It seemed that much to Eira's general happiness, this young man at least was perfectly capable of having the kind of casual interaction with her that she preferred. She remained where she was leaning against him and peeking into his face as he explained that he was fine looking out for her. He mentioned a member of his peerage that was exceedingly happy to look in on them. It was one she remembered being related to the Satan Beelzebub. A chuckle escaped her as she realized that particular girl would likely enjoy proctoring Rating Games as a natural part of who she was. Moving right along, Leishi mentioned that Izuna would have been able to get out of the barrier he'd created at any time, and was content to use terms in his explanation which Eira wasn't familiar with. "Hm? You lost me Leishi... there are some terms in there I am not familiar with..." she said seemingly amused that there were still things about other kinds of beings which she didn't know. "Feel free to share though, I enjoy knowing new things~" she said. Becoming fairly curious about what in his explanation explained that Izuna could have left his barrier whenever he wanted to, she was even willing to put aside her reasoning for coming here, to find this out.

"Sou ka," Leishi said upon receiving the confirmation he needed. His gaze returned to the booklet, though he did not start reading again just yet. In fact, his eyes closed after a moment of silence brought about during the time taken to formulate his explanation. "I would happily enlighten you, Eir. Onmyouji once found a need to create classifications of our own, separate from others' views of various spirits and creatures. In practice of Onmyoudou, it becomes easy to realize the strong similarities between spirits and Youkai. Actually, they are almost interchangeable, at least as far as kekkai, summoning and banishing are concerned. To keep it simple, they share classifications because of how Furyoku affects them. There are three classes to spirits and Shikigami alike: Normal, Seirei, and Kami. Most Youkai fall into the Seirei class, but if you were to equate the ability of certain Youkai to rival Gods, Satans and Buddhas... they would be considered Kami Class."

With all that said, Leishi closed the booklet in his hand, deciding he had actually read enough to understand the gist of the last Rating Game. If he cared to know anything else, he did have access to one of its participants here and now, so he freed himself to devote his full attention to Eira. In doing so, he chose to clarify one more thing. "Oh! Furyoku is a newer term from modern takes on Onmyouji, who call themselves Shamans now. What used to be called enchantment power started being called shamanic power. I guess it's an alright change. Anyway, Izu wouldn't have had any issues getting through, if he were a Daiyoukai at the time."

Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast