Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Kuoh Academy

Takumi's words to the passing blonde teacher made his left brow raise. But upon inspection of the one lad, he removed a cell phone from his pocket and dialed for an ambulance for him. Obviously he would need it, the entire time this situation was unfolding someone indeed had been watching. A white haired girl in the school's uniform with red eyes stopped before the principal and said a passing word to him as she headed inside. "Matsui-san and Yasukawa-kun didn't start the fight. That boy, has been messing with him for quite some time, and that girl has a habit of trying anyone she thinks gets her boyfriends attention..." she said giving a gentle bow of her head. "I thought you should know..." having passed this along as information she walked off with a hand tucked under her chin. She wondered if this was something the adults were choosing to ignore or if they didn't understand the amount of nastiness contained within an annoying high school teen. Regardless she was disgusted by the two humans in this situation, mostly for behaving worse than a pair of devils, and this is what she thought as she headed off to class.

Sometime later, both Takumi and Maiko would be released with only detention for the fight they'd had, saying that a witness to the travesty had come forward and given information which cleared them of starting it. As they walked out of the principals office they got yet another warning. "I ask that you both avoid violence on campus and direct your concerns to the nearest adult instead of hospitalizing individuals who antagonize you!" and with that they were both allowed to walk off. Maiko managed to look stunned. "Only one day of detention... lucky!~" she mused.

Eventually, Takumi was leaving the office, with both Maiko and himself receiving a warning against their future actions. If he had a mind to, he would have spoken to the contrary. This was always how things ended, with school staff members speaking as if they could actually do anything about a student's problems better than the student themselves could. In the end though, they never actually made a difference. Regardless of any of this, Takumi found himself sitting in detention at the end of the day, when members of the Occult Research Club were coming together. Sairevil thought he'd finally be the first one arriving to the club room today, showing up with nobody else in sight on his way. He actually managed to make it early, but it seemed Hiroki had nothing better to do this particular day than shatter the young devil's hopes and dreams by already being in the club's sitting room. "Ohayou gozaimasu, Revil-kun," Hiroki said, causing the other male's head to drop. "Ugh! I'm never gonna be first! Ohayou gozaimasu."

As Revil and Hiroki greeted each other, Youmu made her way in through a wall and took the seat she normally did on the left side of Eira's throne of choice. "It is a strange goal to have, getting here first. You might have an easier time of it without your fans," she mentioned to the lad who she knew to be particularly popular within his own grade and across the entire school even over just having been here for a short period of time. As she settled into place with her legs crossed at the knee she said one more thing to let everyone know about the comings and goings of the other person she'd seen. "Miyu-chan is coming as well, tennis practice will be over soon..." she said with a certain nod. And while all of this occurred, Maiko sat in detention looking no more or less disturbed by it than she usually did. The only truly vexing thing about detention was it made her late to the Occult Research Club, as such the girl sat in the room leg silently bouncing away as she watched time pass on the clock at a rather arduous pace. As it stood, Eira hadn't emerged from further within the old school house yet, and by the time she had, Miyuki came running along as well, stopping at the front of the sitting room winded as she went to take her seat. "Ohayou, minna-san!~" she managed as she collapsed on a nearby couch. "Ufufufufu~ You didn't have to run Mi~yu~ki~" chimed Eira as she finally entered in her usual glory to take a seat. Strangely she hadn't greeted anyone at the window as usual and something about her countanence had changed ever so slightly.

"... Eheheh~" Sairevil seemed ever so slightly embarrassed with the introduction of Youmu. He couldn't claim that he didn't have quite the following after such a short time being in the human world. Such an experience had evaded him in the underworld, but here, his Incubus nature showed itself in full force. As he formulated a response to the phantom devil, he raised his right hand to scratch his cheek. A slight blush even appeared on his face as he did so. "Well, I don't exactly mind having fans or anything. I've kind of been a shut-in for most of my life, so I never got to experience it before."

Now that everybody who could appear had done so, Izuna let himself be visible to the crowd. Initially, his eyes were stuck on Eira, whom he knew to be quite bothered by something due to their heightened mental connection. Regardless of his worry for the heiress' state of being, he kept up his nature as the jovial instigator of the band. "Woohoo! Everybody's here, finally! So, who's got the scoop?" he asked, though it was completely rhetorical. "Don't answer; I've got it! The delinquent is back in action, and is gonna be late thanks to a little detention! More news at 5 ladies and gentlement!"

According to Sairevil he didn't mind his 'fans' and apparently didn't have any before because his life in the underworld was sheltered. Youmu's face gained a smirk as this information made sense for the lad and she was content to leave him to the happiness of his new experiences. "Hm, well just don't drown in them..." she said with that vague sense of apathy she always had. But if the lad was happy she didn't really care the number of fans he found himself with.

Eira on the other hand had greeted everyone who'd greeted her and took her usual seat. Miyuki looked at her and nodded her head gently still catching her breath but a small smile came to Eira's face regardless. But soon the peace of the group would be interrupted by the antics of their favorite fox youkai instigator, who went on to mention that the delinquent was back and would thus be late. This came with an extensive amount of eye contact with Eira initially but she wasn't sure why he stared so in this case, even knowing about their shared connection. There was only one assumption to be made by this and as such a small sigh escaped the crimson haired woman. "Yare yare, Maiko is already in trouble again?" she mused seeming to not actually be bothered by any potential trouble the raven haired girl could have gotten herself into. Given the reason Maiko tended to get into fights, she could easily say it wasn't the girl's own fault and would likely make that assumption in general from this point forward. "Izzun does love his reporting..." Youmu said having taken note of the eye contact she also looked to Eira wondering what might have been bothering her but deciding not to question it directly but instead to offer a cool hand on her shoulder.

Izuna's frequent reporting of the goings-on appeared again today. This time, though, it was nothing particularly new, even to one so fresh in this group such as Sairevil. On the contrary, the obvious lack of knowledge for the true event left Izuna glancing at each person in the room. "Oh, yeah!" he said, as if he'd only just realized Maiko was not at all present. This was not true at all; he knew exactly what happened with both of these teens, but he had to make a scene when and where he could. "I guess she's in detention too, huh? But I said the delinquent was back. She never went anywhere," he commented, sparing another glance in Eira's direction with a sly grin on his face.

Eira's left brow rose as there seemed to be a bit of surprise in Izuna as she mentioned Maiko's missing status. But apparently she'd never gone anywhere as their resident delinquent. Given who all was currently present within the room, and the subsequent words and sly grin applied by Izuna, Eira could only make one assumption about who he was speaking of. Her eyes widened for just a moment, but she'd read his school records and knew the kind of trouble he'd managed to get himself into before this point in his life. To be honest, she was just relieved he wasn't hurt and as such she couldn't even feel upset about is current status as someone in detention. Even so she still felt rather conflicted about it, "Yare yare, I guess I should have figured something like this would happen..." she mused. The cool hand on her shoulder was noted and it did wonders towards calming her mood in general. Though Youmu had always been the most level headed member of her little family, it was easy to forget the calming effect her presence could have. "Well at least he's defending himself," she concluded. She knew that Takumi had resolved to live his own life and do his own thing, and though violence against certain people was necessary the fact that such a drastic change had happened apparently overnight was a bit jarring.

Meanwhile the teacher watching over detention finally looked up at the clock and then out at all the students. Classes had long sense been dismissed and these people would be the last few trudging out into the world. "Hopefully you all have learned your lesson. I'd ask you not to end up in here again but... some of you are repeat offenders anyways," mentioned this person who looked at Maiko before shaking their head. "You're dismissed." he said. "Finally, Buchou is gonna be pissed..." she muttered grabbing up her backpack and looking towards the lad she'd ended up here with. "Oi, come on, Yasukawa... we gotta get going!~" she chimed even though she was already late she was content to wait for him, they might as well make their grand entrance together.

Izuna leaned back in the air to such an extent, one could imagine a bed underneath him, complete with a pillow thanks to the way he placed both hands under his head. In this position of preference, he floated toward and around Eira. He continued sparing glances in her direction as she took the information he had to give in her own way, and he found her reaction somehow both normal and abnormal. 'Oi, what's that? Stop it. It's weird,' he said in his own mind, though he linked his own subconscious to Eira before the thought began.

In the detention room, Takumi sat with his chair leaned back, his legs propped against the desk in front of him, and his head hanging over the back of the chair. His eyes were closed for quite some time, and his mouth was slightly agape. Still, his consciousness remained. The call of Maiko caused his eyes to open slowly as the front legs of his chair descended to the floor. "Hai," he said lazily. In no time at all, he was on his feet again and joining Maiko on a journey to the Occult Research Club.

As Izuna took to becoming more comfortable in the air, Eira continued in her way that seemed simultaneously like her and not. As she sat there at full posture though, something very strange would happen and after a few more glances where she caught eyes with Izuna the lad spoke to her in her own mind. This was strangely something he'd always been capable of, but why he chose to do so now was beyond her.'I don't know what you're talking about... I'm not doing anything,' Eira said in her own mind. Of course she figured the fox youkai was referring to her odd mood but it wasn't as if people could fix how they felt, and as such there wasn't anything she planned to do about it.

Meanwhile soon enough Takumi was joining Maiko as she made her way to the Occult Research Club, detension had set them back an entire thirty minutes so they were obviously late, so as usual she went to make her grand entrance. "BUCHOU!!~~" Maiko chimed tossing her bag to the side she aimed to rush Eira's throne jumping through a currently phased out Youmu to clasp her arms around the waist of Eira as she sat. "Gomennasai! I got detention again but..." before she could finish this sentence Eira who'd expected her sentence put a finger to her lips. "Shhh~" she mentioned and surprisingly enough the lass stopped mid sentence. "It's okay. I'm glad you're alright," she said returning the hug the girl was giving her without much seeming amiss outside of her own head. Maiko would continue to be surprised by this, stunned really, she'd come to expect being punished for the sorts of things she got in trouble for. "I keep telling you I feel it every time you jump through me..." Youmu mentioned to Maiko as the girl's body slid around the front of the throne and out of Youmu's body so she could return to corporeal state. "Nice to know some things don't change." murmured the white haired woman as it was now more obvious to her than before that there was indeed something wrong with Eira.

'... Sou ka. That's even weirder,' Izuna replied. With that though, he was content to float out of the way, knowing Maiko was encroaching and preparing to rush their leader the way she always did. While this exchange occurred between the two, Izuna found himself looking toward Takumi, who arrived at the same time as Maiko, but had nothing to say when he appeared. Instead, the young devil carved a straight path toward the nearest couch, where he sat with his arms crossed and a blank expression upon his visage.

Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast