Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Kuoh Academy

Sirtreize's words and actions towards this Fallen Angel only served to further confuse her. And the thought that his sister could apparently take her, made her believe she was right to retreat. Surprisingly enough, Eira let her go, seeming to be a bit huffy as she crossed her arms under her rather massive chest. "I'll save it for later, there is no need to give chase at present, perhaps they will take a while and reconsider. And if not my peerage could use the battle experience later..." Eira said aloud to her brother, figuring he might be a bit curious about her decision to allow this Fallen Angel to flee. But Eira herself was nothing if not practical and tactical. After the flight of the Fallen Angel and post Eira directly addressing Sirtreize, he went on to give her what could amount to a chiding for how she chose to address him. A small smile formed over her face in this moment, and she somehow managed to seem the tiniest bit embarrassed, which was unusual given her general demeanor, "Fine, fine, no need to talk my head off about it... Arigatou~ Nii-sama~", she finished up.

If she was about to continue talking it would be put on hold, as Takumi's mind was apparently blown. She looked towards the young man and realized that it had been a lot going on for him in the last couple of days. "Gomen Takumi, there is a lot you probably don't know about... and it's going to take a massive amount of time to explain. Quick version..." Eira tried to think of the easiest way to explain what she knew of his questions to him. "Red Dragon Emperor is the title given to the person who holds the Sacred Gear: Boosted Gear. Which is what your once thought Twice Critical evolved into. It has within it the soul of one of the Heavenly Dragons... You can probably talk to it yourself to find out more information. He seems to be quite talkative..." she mentioned for the first part, and in consideration of all the things she'd heard his Sacred Gear utter over the last few days. "A Fallen Angel is likely what you think it is. It was once on the side of God in Heaven and was cast out for sinning, basically. But they can still use light based weaponry which is poisonous to Devils, so you should be careful when dealing with them," she mentioned as a side note. "Satan, back in the super old times was a single guy, but then it became a title applied to Four different people. This is Sirtreize Lucifer, known as the Crimson Satan. He's currently one of four Satans, formerly known as Sirtreize Gremory. He's my older brother," she clarified just in case that part of their greeting was missed. "That's a lot to take in though, we can include more information about this stuff with your combat training rotation if you'd prefer... it can seem a bit overwhelming if you try to think about too much at once," she mentioned. For this lad to be so fresh onto being a Devil, he was encountering a great many kinds of beings which would have been unknown to him in his human life.

"Whatever you like, Eira~" Sirtreize commented at the end of his little dance routine. With that out of the way, he slipped his hands into his pockets and looked to the sky where Sachiel fled. His eyes shifted toward Eira again when she addressed him in a preferred way, and this time, there was a gentle smile upon his face. "Hai hai. I didn't come for that, though. I was the first one here, just waiting to take you guys to the reception."

It seemed Takumi was due for the explanation of a lifetime. There was so much that was new to him, and so much information to take it right at this moment. Eira delivered unto him the allegedly short version of the tale, but it was still quite a bit. He could break even with the confirmed existence of God and Angels, and Fallen Angels only made sense with those things in mind. Two things that bothered him were: The existence of multiple Devils with the title "Satan"; and the matter relating to the true form of his own Sacred Gear. He was only just realizing that it was different from its original incarnation, and since Eira mentioned being able to speak with the Dragon inside the Sacred Gear, he did recall hearing some mysterious voice in his head a few times over the years. "Sou ka. I guess... I understand everything I need to. What happens to the Rating Game, though? Do we win?"

Sirtreize after being 'properly' addressed, seemed to be happy with his day, smiling even at his younger sister. She was then given silence as she went on to explain several of the details of the world to the formerly human Takumi who seemed to still be stunned by the information. After she finished speaking, she was even more surprised that he went on to claim that he understood about what he needed and now simply wanted to know if they'd won the Rating Game they were participating in or not. A grin crossed Eira's face then... "I wonder about that myself. Let's find out, shall we?" she posed it as a question but turned her body so that all of her attention was now shifted to the downed Onoko Astaroth. "I am actually a bit disappointed, he managed to not get swallowed up by that attack. I figured that would have led to an instant retirement. I made that up as my ultimate one hit kill, and with the power I got from Takumi it seemed to be even better than I initially intended. All the same..." she paused looking to this man and expressing how she felt in no uncertain terms. Though before she spoke there was a minor bit of consideration as to why he wasn't immediately pulled from this space, she supposed she'd have to wait and ask the moderators at some point in the future.

"I'll take your absolute surrender right now, Onoko Astaroth. Along with you renouncing any inkling of an idea that I'd marry you... ever," she said with the seeming calm demeanor she always possessed, but there was an edge to her presently, like the sinking weight of a collapsed star. If Onoko wished to continue this fight he was more than welcome to try, but Eira was quite sure of her abilities and would not be surrendering at any point.

"I told you, that one's just too clunky. Besides, you probably would have been disqualified. You wouldn't have been forced into marrying Astaroth, but... bad way to start a record of Rating Games~" These words left the mouth of Sirtreize with utmost calmness, as if he hadn't a care in the world. In fact, he didn't. He didn't even care how obvious he made it, but he had no care whatsoever for how the Rating Game ended. Of course, he would have been glad to see his little sister claim victory in her first official battle, but from the political side of this agreement, neither outcome made a difference.

Speaking of outcomes, one had yet to be decided. Onoko had been downed, but not at all incapacitated. Eira's approach gave the male devil every reason to rise to his feet, challenging her assumed victory as he did. "Keh! You think you've beaten me just because you got a temporary power boost from a dragon kid? Don't make me laugh. You took me by surprise, but I can still crush you here and now." As Onoko spoke, he began collecting demonic power en masse within his left palm. Sirtreize stepped forward yet again, taking a side to Eira to speak with the younger male devil. "Give it a rest, Onoko. I told Eira she could have been disqualified for that last attack for a simple reason, and it had nothing to do with the extra power from the Red Dragon Emperor here," he spoke. Onoko continued his accumulation of energy, but took a pause in his overall efforts to glance in Sirtreize's direction. "What? What other reason could there be?"

Sirtreize snickered. "Because even though Extinguished Star is slow, and a little unwieldy if you ask me... even its normal output has such a concentration of the Power of Destruction, it would have obliterated you before the Retiring System saved your sorry ass. You probably didn't notice me intervening to lessen the impact more, but let's all be honest regardless... You died a few minutes ago."

"I... I..."

A huff escaped Eira at the words of her brother, in this moment she would seem utterly childish as she explained the use of the ability. "Oh yeah, it is totally fair that I would have been disqualified because after talking an amazingly annoying manner, he couldn't do anything about it... as if. Besides, Lu-chan is mediating, I figured he would have caught it..." she finished seeming to be slightly annoyed by the assertion that she would have managed to be disqualified because of the nature of her use of Destruction in the form she chose to use it in. Besides that point her words in her previous sentence had been chosen specifically to stop her from saying the innumerable number of swears she wanted to, because she had a lot of dignity to maintain, and one such as Onoko didn't deserve to see the kind of person Eira could be.

Beyond this point Onoko seemed to have a problem with the idea of Eira thinking that she had beaten him in some way. She would have opened her mouth to explain exactly why he shouldn't be thinking this way. She gave a slight bit of pause and left it to her brother to completely explain this, and she stood quietly by, watching as Onoko gathered energy as if she didn't care. In fact, this was much like the earlier threat of the Fallen Angel, which Eira was more than certain of her ability to handle. Onoko for his part seemed to be a bit stunned when the final conclusion was made, Eira herself seemed to be stunned by her brother's assertion about her ability and why it was so dangerous. "Really? I didn't know it worked that fast... hmm," it gave Eira pause as she began to immediately consider other ways to use the same thing in principle. She supposed her use of the Power of Destruction could use a bit more work so that she could properly use it without it requiring the focus which caused her to potentially need to sacrifice any of her pieces for the amount of time it took to charge. Regardless of this Onoko was so stunned by the news he simply repeated 'I' a couple of times. Eira took a moment to look at his rather stunned visage with a smile which just bordered the line of sinister. "You... surrender?"

"Lucaro? There's no way he could have caught that. Like I said, even Onoko here wouldn't have survived that blast if I didn't intervene. And yes, it is fair for you to be disqualified for killing someone during an official Rating Game. Be reasonable," Sirtreize urged. Onoko continued to gather himself for the duration of Sirtreize's speech, all while Sirtreize himself looked at the other male devil with a smile most wicked. Onoko's eyes narrowed before darting in Eira's direction. "I thought this would be an easy win. I was promised I would get everything I deserved, if I just participated in this stupid Rating Game. Isn't that why you were here!?" the raven-haired devil asked as his gaze found Sirtreize again.

Sirtreize's smile turned into a toothy grin, and he laughed again. "You were right. If you won today, Eira Gremory was to become your betrothed-to-be. Even if you lost, though, you would get exactly what you deserved as heir of the Astaroth Clan. That was the agreement, right? Gomen... I left something out." As he spoke, Sirtreize removed only his right hand from its respective pocket. With it free, he extended his arm and held his hand with its palm facing the sky. "What you deserve is to be wiped out of existence, like the smudge on the face of our kind you are, for thinking you could be considered worthy of associating with the next Gremory Clan head. I never lied, though... The territories of Astaroth and Gremory will be combined, but it will no longer be your territory. You'll be dead. I utilize my rights as Satan to declare Eira Gremory and her peerage the victors in this Rating Game. I just need to decide whether I should kill you now, or make a spectacle of you."

Eira managed to roll her eyes just a tad, "I didn't know it would kill him." she said honestly. "I figured intent would be taken into account and I'd get a gentle reprimand," she said though since this situation seemed to be working out in her favor she was hardly one to argue. "But I get your point... I'll be reasonable and I won't use a move that will kill people in an Official Rating Game," she mentioned. This done, she fully expected a surrender, which she still didn't get it. It was really starting to bother her at this point, because it was more than obvious that she'd won legitimately ages ago. But it seemed that Onoko found something strange about the agreement he'd made with Sirtreize and how it'd managed to turn out not in his favor at all. Eira heard this part of the conversation with her brows drawn together.

"Oh? Well that explains a lot..." she said, having several of her questions answered at once as her brother went about explaining how he truly felt about this Astaroth and his behavior up to this point. It was just like one of the Satans to set up something like this just to get rid of someone they didn't like. But Eira saw this situation a bit differently. As a person who would likely be dealing with the repercussions of this situations. "No...no no no," she said with a frown on her face, and her arms still crossed under her chest. "If you were just going to come in and declare me the winner, there was no point in me participating in the first place, Nii-sama," she said, seeming to take it upon herself to explain her case as why this would be annoying for her to deal with later. "No one will believe my first win was legitimate. There will be all this talk about how it was handed to me by my big brother... at this point, I would have been better off getting disqualified. If he dies now his entire peerage could potentially become strays, and those who don't will resent me and come after me like it's my fault," she said, which were all very valid potential outcomes to the outright slaughter of Onoko Astaroth. Though she could agree that the man's attitude was more than a bit old fashioned for her own taste, and that she didn't like him, she couldn't help but feel sorry for his peerage. "Besides, fear and public shaming work better when people are alive to show it off..." the girl said, and with that she'd seemingly given up. It was obvious to her that even if Onoko lost part or more of his territory and a Rating Game to a rookie King it would look good for everyone involved. And of course, he'd get to keep his life and the lives of the members of his own peerage. If Onoko was half as clever as it was claimed he was, perhaps he'd see it, or maybe he wouldn't and her brother would see that she didn't really want to live with all the potential backlash, because no one can go after Satan, but she still had to live her life beyond their interactions.

Eira came forth with an argument against Sirtreize's intention to eliminate Onoko Astaroth. She apparently believed him killing this man here and now would discredit her victory, while also dooming Onoko's peerage to becoming strays. The latter scenario was obviously a very real potential issue for the Devils of this peerage, but the former idea seemed to be no concern of Sirtreize's. "Shhh~" he said to Eira as a marble-sized orb of Destruction Energy manifested above the palm of his hand. "You've already won the Rating Game. If you want to be that nit-picky about it, Onoko here lost by disqualification the moment I weakened your last attack against him. Put that on your record; even help from a Satan didn't save him from your fury."

Onoko was sweating bullets in the face of Sirtreize's impending assault on him. Though Sirtreize's use of Destruction Energy was visibly minuscule compared to Eira's at this very moment, the mere idea of a Satan assaulting him was worth fretting over. "Wait wait wait! I admit it! I admit my loss... Just don't kill me. You can have the territory, but spare my life," Onoko pleaded with the Crimson Satan, virtually grovelling before him. In response, Sirtreize dispersed his own attack and chuckled. "There we are! A third of the territory will do. I just didn't like you from the moment you came asking to marry my sister, so I figured I'd scare the pants off you. The Gremory Clan will claim the portion of your territory closest to the border... You know, the part where your family's house is. That's if Eira wins. I'm in no position to accept your surrender."

At some point before she could talk more Sirtreize shushed Eira. She managed to look a bit surprised by this, but stopped talking just the same, only to have her brother make a statement which made it sound like a furious Eira was something even he couldn't save people from. "No one wants a reputation like that...especially not me. Also don't shush me, that doesn't work on me," she said as if this was something she knew to have been done on purpose. If anyone cared to remember he'd done this earlier to the Fallen Angel Sachiel and she'd gone silent for way longer an amount of time. But that was a matter for a different time, for now, Sirtreize seemed to be using the Power of Destruction in a way very different from how Eira tended to use it. 'I still can't make them that small or that fast,' she thought with her brow becoming ever so furrowed. The small orb seemed to strike fear into every fiber of Onoko Astaroth's being, causing the man to surrender finally and beg for his life in the meantime. Even going so far as to forfeit his property in exchange for his life, this man seemed almost pitiful.

And just as soon as the little ball came into being it disappeared. It seemed it had been Sirtreize intent to scare this man for his bold desire to marry his little sister. Knowing this was more than a little embarrassing from her own perspective, Eira simply chuckled before clearing her throat seemingly in relief. "Ufufufufu~ I figured you didn't really like this guy," she said calmly before allowing her gaze to shift back to Onoko. She was a tiny bit petty but, she'd pretty much received a decent laugh because of her brother's antics. So, instead of treating this as she would have if she were alone, she shifted her gaze to Takumi. "Takumi~ What do you think? Do we accept his surrender without making him say it again?" she asked as she stood beside her treasured pawn, just as she'd previously stated was her preference in how her Rating Game would end.

"Pfft! Tell that to my wife," Sirtreize said with a roll of his eyes. Since his right hand was once again free, Sirtreize put it back into his pocket and left Eira to the completion of her first Rating Game. He felt there wasn't really much else to warrant his presence, but he did have the intention of seeing to the festivities once this was over.

Onoko was still panicked, but he would allegedly be allowed to keep his life this day. At least, it would not be Sirtreize to kill him. The decision of whether his surrender would be accepted was left to Eira, who then passed it on to the Pawn Takumi. Never had Onoko felt so pitiful as to have his fate in the hands of a Reincarnated Devil, and a Pawn at that. Takumi stood next to Eira, eyes still painted red from the rage he experienced earlier in this battle. His gaze was upon the beaten Onoko. He wasn't sure why Eira left the decision to him, but he was on the proverbial fence about the decision itself. On one hand, he would have happily seen Onoko beaten to a bloody pulp for everything that happened this day. On the other hand, though, he had seen this man as an obstacle he was incapable of overcoming in his current state. He wanted that changed. "I think... we should leave him be," he answered as his Boosted Gear faded into his arm, and his eyes returned to their former orange hue.

Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast