Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Kuoh Academy

As this group entered the room, Eira looked completely composed. Her crimson eyes narrowing only upon the last lass to enter the room. The small girl with dog ears and true paws and scruff. She was an adorably cute young girl but the steps she took were markedly small. Her front arms were also held together by heavy chains. Eira took a deep breath and exhaled it slowly. Whether or not she was annoyed properly by the greeting she'd received this chained child was something that was going to be a problem for her. Youmu saw this as well, and her eyes narrowed at the sight and moved to the others in the group the woman with the whip met this gaze and Youmu nodded her understanding. She placed a single hand on Eira's shoulder and in so doing, spread a coolness of powers into the lass she hadn't known existed. "That kinda thing is more or less a Scarlet or Crimson Satan deal... I'm based in this high school right now, this building and throne are appropriate cover..." she said to the lass as a greeting. Her words made Roxanna's violet eyes widen quite a bit as the mention of the Crimson Satan seemed to make her eyes excited. A wide grin came to her face as she looked over this group as a whole and took them in.

"I see you've at least been making some additions. After almost a half a century since the Knight even what a cute coll..." she stopped speaking as her eyes moved from Youmu to Maiko to Hiroki to Miyuki and then settled upon Sairevil. His look was one she was familiar with, crimson hair, regal countenance, all of it screamed Sirtreize and she immediately needed to possess him. Her eyes widened and her face flushed. "Give him to me! I want him..." she demanded of Eira. "You don't even know him as a person, nor what piece he is..." she mentioned, managing not to sound to annoyed. "But I want him!" said Roxanna. Her anger radiating off her person enough that the small pup at her side seemed to become innately whiny. Looking at the floor and becoming exceedingly fidgety. Such behavior was viewed by Eira and it made her angry. She could see the small girl shrinking away from her master and knew that she was a target of that girl's anger more often than not. While the robed individual didn't seem to care about this small girl's discomfort, the young woman with the whip placed herself between the pup and their master without so much as a word. Such a thing was also noted by Eira, even as her face managed not to shift. Strangely the faces of the rest of Eira's peerage weren't so stoic. Miyuki looked at this group and wondered how they even existed having only had contact with a couple of peerages. And Maiko was obviously upset but remaining quiet, doing so mostly by leaning her head against Eira's knee.

The attention of Roxanna was set upon Sairevil, and he could tell. It seemed she wished to possess him, presumably as a member of her peerage. He was obviously confused. As Eira stated, this woman didn't know him at all, so her saying such a thing made no sense whatsoever. And yet, she insisted. "Gomennasai," he spoke while rubbing the back of his head bashfully. "I'm not comfortable with the idea of being on a random stranger's peerage. Besides, I plan on starting my own someday, so I wouldn't be able to stick around anyway."

During this exchange, Izuna gritted his teeth. The young and chained girl in Roxanna's possession was becoming something of a soft spot for him with each passing moment, and the obvious treatment of this individual by Roxanna was absolutely infuriating. He could smell the reaction of fear, and he could almost feel the girl withdrawing impulsively even when he couldn't see her. Izuna eventually moved without a second thought, revealing himself from the other side of the throne to approach the pup. His discomfort was apparent, but the softest of gazes he could manage was set upon this girl as he knelt before her and offered his right hand. 'Oi. It's fine. Come here,' he thought, projecting this message into the mind of the lass.

Roxanna's eyes widened when Sairevil spoke. 'So cute!' she thought immediately. But she was already upset at Eira's mention that she didn't know what piece this lad was, and beyond that didn't know him. "That doesn't matter!" she snapped. Beyond this point though, the words which came from Sairevil himself, who claimed that he didn't want to belong in the Peerage of one he didn't know, and that he didn't plan on staying in Eira's Peerage forever because he wanted his own. This was something Eira herself had always been aware of, but for him to have such a goal while belonging to another was outrageous to Roxanna. "What? You're okay with this? He wants to leave you and you know?" Roxanna said to Eira, as she tried to cover her own outrage at being turned down in such a way.

Eira looked at this lass for several seconds without speaking watching as a strange exchange took place and Izuna revealed himself to the uncomfortable pup. Choosing to leave that situation to him, Eira addressed Roxanna. "Everyone should have their own goals and be free to pursue them. I don't keep them because I don't want them to do anything else. I have them because I want to help them find what they're looking for. They all know that... but I don't think someone like you will understand that sort of thing..." Eira said. True enough she didn't think she truly owned anyone and would leave them to their own devices. Of course there were a few who wished to be with her forever, but she didn't hold everyone to that sort of binding. "Well you just know everything don't you... " the girl snarled at Eira in a manner which most would have found to be too animal like.

Meanwhile, the small pup had someone speak in her mind and appear before her. She'd never seen this person before though she'd smelled him upon entering this room. Her eyes widened as she approached his outstretched hand, seeming to have already forgotten the fear she'd possessed at her Mistress' anger. She could hear his words and met that gaze of his with amber colored eyes and a touch of excitement. 'Sugoi! You speak in minds...I'm Sköll!' she thought as her tail wagged happily. She was quite truly a puppy even with her paws chained together. She moved her head into his outstretched hand in greeting, seemingly happy about it, even as Izuna's own discomfort here was obvious even to her.

"Don't you have people who plan on leaving you?" Sairevil asked of this other Devil. As the son of a Satan, he understood the purpose in having peerages around for the sake of growing the Underworld's numbers. It was at this point that, strangely, Hiroki joined the conversation. "Roxanna Phenex isn't known for having a peerage with free will. Couldn't you tell?" he asked rhetorically, though Sairevil seemed to be seeing something else when he looked at the female Devil across from them.

Izuna managed to calm the younger girl in Roxanna's peerage. She reacted to him with a greeting that was happy enough. When she pressed her head against his hand, Izuna took the opportunity to rub his hand around in her hair/fur before pulling her head into a one-armed embrace against his chest. In this girl, he saw something familiar... something lost to him. As such, had he been his own man at the time, the simple sight of this bound lass would have seen a very, very different reaction from him. 'That's a good name. Strong name. My name is Shippo, but... call me Izuna. Nobody knows about that other one. You're gonna be alright, yeah?'

Roxanna looked at the son of the Satan with much confusion. How could he possibly think anyone had free-will in their lives. "Of course not. I'll get rid of them... trade them in if I don't want them any more. But they belong to me until I decide otherwise," she said. These words weren't exactly a ringing endorsement for getting people to be alright with joining you. Of course, there were probably lots of reasons why this girl had this sort of attitude. Most considerably a fatalistic view of her own life, which she took out on anyone who couldn't do anything about it. Roxanna had all the makings of a school bully, and this much was obvious to one such as Maiko who looked at the lass with a deep frown on her face. "Look...b," the words of Maiko were stopped with the application of Eira's hand to the top of her head. It was as if all of the building animosity simply vanished from her person. "Shhhhh~ Maiko, you'll get your chance. Not now..." she whispered to the lass. Her eyes went wide at the sensation but her head fell back against Eira's knee and she seemed calmer for it. "Hai hai... but I get now why Kagimi is like that. She rubs me the wrong way too..." the girl muttered before going quiet once more. A gentle pat was all that would happen after this and Eira herself looked to Hiroki and shook her head. "That statement from you was a little sassy, Hiro... it's alright," Eira said allowing her gaze to settle upon the blonde lad so he'd understand that she knew and understood his feelings as well.

The greeting this small pup got from Izuna was very different from what she'd expected. Given the amount of anxiety presented by her mistress all day. She'd expected some sort of super scary group. But so far what she'd seen of everyone here they were warm and inviting, none more so than the lad who had her pulled into a one armed hug and introduced himself using two names. 'You had two names? That's interesting... Izuna I'm going to be fine... I just don't know what to do for her...' she said of her mistress. Strangely even with the fear and anxiety this lass felt she was only thinking of her master's best interests. 'She has a hard time asking for things... she didn't come here to start anything but she seems upset already. That is never good...' the pup mentioned. Whatever Roxanna had come here for, it didn't involve the current conversation being had by all present. Eira also got this feeling and frowned deeply as she looked at Roxanna again after several minutes.

"Alright, our differences in living philosophy aside... what do you want Roxanna? I was told one of your stipulations was that you wished to see me, but you haven't said anything that couldn't have been said after a Rating Game..." said Eira as she looked at this young woman that same evil smirk coming back to her face as she remembered the fun part about this. Roxanna for her part in this seemed to be stunned, she hadn't expected Eira to cut to the chase so quickly, she hadn't quite built up enough nerve to say what she needed. "Well, you know I've been having a bad go of this whole thing for a while. I was told if I couldn't beat one of the Rookies..." she stopped speaking. "I've been forfeiting all of my matches for personal reasons... and since you know everything then you should be able to do something about it." This was the least sincere plea for help Eira had ever heard, even so the grin on her face hadn't moved, it'd simply evolved into something close to sinister. "No. No. No.... that isn't how this conversation happens." She didn't know what made Roxanna think she'd help her, but... she had no intention of doing so just because she thought her soft. Roxanna's eyes widened. She never properly asked for help from anyone... much less someone who could legitimately say no to her. She had it on good authority that Eira was the most helpful of the Rookies 4 and that she would help out someone in need. This sort of reaction wasn't at all what she'd thought it would be, she became furious. "How dare you not be the person everyone claims you are?! Darling little sister of the Crimson Satan, adoring Peerage, helpful little... you aren't any different from me, so why? Why won't you help me?!" she challenged Eira in this way because she still hadn't figured out that she was the one in the wrong here. Eira's left brow rose, but still she didn't move at all. The pup who was chatting with Izuna had her eyes go wide and her body go completely still.

'Hai. I was born Shippo, but... my name became something different when I was turned into a Devil. People can't know my old name anymore, but you're special.' Izuna was in a more peaceful state than he otherwise would have been within this interaction, so long as he spoke with Sköll. The outrage of his comrades were matters that didn't concern him. For whatever reason, he only wished to ensure the comfort of this chained pup, if only for a lack of ability to release the bindings applied to her. For all the discomfort she should have been feeling, her only apparent desire was to be of use to the one who kept her restrained in such a way. It was disgusting. Even more disgusting was the reaction the girl had to her 'master's' outrage. This was something Izuna could no longer tolerate. He stood in the wake of this pitiful little outburst of Roxanna's, stepping past her other servant to take his place in front of the Phenex heiress herself. Rage filled his eyes as his canines elongated visibly within his grimace. "Oi. Shut your fuckin' mouth right now. I don't have a single friend who's anything like you, and everything you're doing right now is really starting to piss me off!"

This pup got to bask in the idea that she was special. The comfort provided to her by this lad's words couldn't even be quantified. But eventually, like all good things, this ended with the rage of the one who made her. Beyond that point, the stillness of her own body and the panic in the heart of Roxanna was beyond everything ever mentioned. Fox youkai turned Devil was soon facing down the Heiress of the Phenex Clan with some less than kind words and beyond that all the rage his body could muster. After his words hit the face of Roxanna her eyes widened immensely. This fox boy was exactly the kind she wanted on her side, but he didn't like her? He didn't see her as being similar to the girl he called his master? He didn't know a single person who bore resemblance to her? There was a crack in her face, and rage spewing from her person, and it was at this moment that the girl with the curved horns stepped in between the Phenex Heiress and the Fox turned Devil. "Sumimasen." she apologized but what this was for would be unknown. That one eye she had shining in this lad's face, she understood his anger, but her loyalty was to the young woman at her back.

All the while, Eira stood up from her throne making her way across the room and reaching out to touch Izuna. If she succeeded in this action her arms would wrap around him and she'd begin the massive pull at this lad's anger as well. Feeding herself well beyond the point she normally would have called fullness. "Yare yare, and here I was thinking I'd be the one to go completely off... and it's you, I-zu-na~" she said to the lad without freeing him. From this distance she looked at this Knight and realized what was so different about her face. "When did you lose your eye?" she asked of the horned lass, who strangely answered without missing a beat. "Ten months ago, I took my eye off something important... it got away from me then," she said in a manner which would be considered cryptic but the truth of it was something that couldn't be known. Eira truly hoped something as simple as the start of a losing streak didn't push Roxanna to physically maim one of her Peerage members. Roxanna for all of her outrage stood very quietly and didn't speak for several moments. This had already gone so wrong, there wasn't much point in holding out anymore. "You are a lot like me... just another person doing what they have to because they have to... it isn't fair..." the girl mused on the difference between their situations. Technically speaking she and Eira held the same position in life and were aimed towards the same kind of goals and life, but somehow, Eira seemed to be something else entirely, loved by everyone, with the love of her brother and no one aiming to flee her peerage even though they planned to leave. What could have made them so different? She could only wonder this in silence as she explained her actual situation with her Knight standing in front of her so she didn't have to see the faces of anyone present. "My other Knight left me... He won't come back and any time we get close to him he flees. I didn't want to explain to anyone what happened to him, so I've been forfeiting matches trying to find him... he was my newest acquisition after Sköll. A Inudaiyoukai mutt... I need to find him before our match or everyone will know how long he's been gone. I couldn't tell anyone else... they won't understand, but you get it right?" These words left Roxanna's mouth and everything about this situation suddenly made sense to Eira. Her grip upon Izuna would suddenly tighten as she saw within her mind what could potentially happen to a Youkai with an evil piece who left their master. "Stray..." this word left Eira's mouth as he stepped backwards with her eyes wide. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. This was what Roxanna wanted help with. She had a stray Inudaiyoukai hanyo who ran away from her. The thought of such a thing made Eira's stomach turn for more reasons than one. How did Roxanna even manage to get such a being in her possession? "You made an Inudaiyoukai hanyo go stray... and left him out there for 10 months without telling anyone?!"

As Izuna presented his rage to its target, the member of Roxanna's peerage whom he'd initially stepped past moved into his path. Whatever she intended to convey with her expression was lost to Izuna. "Get outta my way. I've got no problem going through you right now," he said, seeming to have subconsciously meshed growls into his speech. As Eira moved toward him and threw her arms around his body, the aim to drain the fury from him may have succeeded... but there was far too much rage continuously building within Izuna for that to matter. "Hanase!" he yelled as he jerked away from Eira and stepped even closer yet to the Devil who stood in his path. Her story about her missing eye may have been vague, but Izuna only became more angry as he came to a certain conclusion involving it. "Kisama. Move. You're not getting that shit past me," he said to vaguely reference his knowledge of a certain secret. The cryptic nature of this woman's story only made him immediately realize why he was smelling her scent twice - once from her, and again... from Roxanna.

Roxanna's eyes widened in this moment because she hadn't expected the sort of reaction she was getting. "What was I supposed to do? I wanted him and he wouldn't just come along. I did try and ask first... everyone else usually settles in, but he ran away as soon as he was able... I still don't know how he shouldn't have been able to resist..." she stopped speaking then because she was giving away too much. But far beyond that, Eira's Peerage was becoming upset at every facet of this girl they were seeing. She had an entire group of loyal Peerage members whom she treated as subhuman. In this case the final straw for Izuna was the fact that he knew what had happened to the other Knight's eye. He'd already gotten himself free of Eira's grasp. "Please don't do this... it doesn't matter to me. The safety of Inuyasha is more important...Please!" Helga said still just as calmly as ever. Roxanna didn't know what she'd done for this to be happening right now, but Eira reached out for Izuna again and this time refused to let him go. "Yamate, Izuna..." Eira managed. She understood his anger but there was far too much outrage in this room right now. And the words of this Knight were far too kind for Eira to tolerate what had happened to her either. In fact, between knowing that someone who didn't want to be a Devil was now stray and had been for months because of his master's pride, and knowing that this Knight had lost her eye because he'd gone missing, and the little friendly pup chained up and curled into a small ball from all the anger in this room, Eira was livid. The Succubus in this room lost it for the first time, outside of the reach of Youmu's calming influence she was free to express this and strangely the phantom sat atop her perch in the throne silently fuming herself.

Eira would now speak in a very calm tone... so calm in fact that it was almost scary but her gaze seemed to exude malice and it came from the left of the Knight and was aimed directly at Roxanna. "No more." Eira said her eyes were glowing with power and it was meant exactly as it was and the full weight of her newfound strength was left to dangle over Roxanna like a ton of bricks. Roxanna broke out in a sweat and her knees began to buckle and she was well and truly afraid of the crimson haired lass before her. Never had she experienced such direct malice from a single individual before because of something she'd done. Never did she feel fear from what she'd done, until now. Roxanna didn't have the sense to be properly afraid of Izuna, since she thought of him as potential pet, but this was something entirely different. Eira was forcing her will on this lass and while Roxanna stared her in the eye, she was first frightened and then calm. "You're giving Helga her eye back before I do anything else. And all this shit, stops right now..." Eira said with a surety that made it threatening. "I said it doesn't matter..." Helga the woman with the curved horns said, this drew Eira's attention to her and strangely a small smile came to her face. "Iie, it does matter. It all matters and you matter. Don't worry... I won't abandon you," Eira said which caused the lone eye of the young woman to widen. Roxanna reached into her robes and pulled out a jar which contained the other amber eye of the girl before her... and held within her other hand the Phenex Tears. "I always planned to give it back... when I got him back," Roxanna mumbled like a child caught in bad behavior. 'How did she do that? Why do I want to do what she said? Why?' she asked herself but still she was ready. "Helga come here..." she stated as the Knight stood, looking at Eira and Izuna she obviously couldn't turn her back until she got confirmation nothing bad would happen. To help with this, the little pup moved up between the groups as well... willingly putting herself between everyone just to ensure nothing bad would happen. "I think it's okay... Izuna is super nice. He's only mad because he cares. I think she's like that too..." she said of the crimson haired heiress and the fox queen of her peerage, with a wagging tail. As such the healing of Helga's eye would take place here and now as a show of good faith for this moment. But at this point Roxanna's behavior wasn't just bad, it was down right disgusting and Eira wouldn't have helped her except... there was someone wandering around stray. Alone in the world, made a devil against his will and bound to a psychopath with a god complex. That wasn't something Eira could let stand either.

"If you think for one damn second that I--" Izuna's tirade stopped abruptly at the mention of a single word. "Inu..." he repeated with a hint of familiarity in his voice. He was quite taken aback to be hearing this name at all, and in the time he was overcome by surprise, Eira managed to latch onto him again. "How the hell... could you have..."

In the midst of this very chaotic ordeal, the final member of Eira's peerage set foot in the meeting room. The Red Dragon Emperor stepped through the open door and paused briefly, finding a randomly high amount of tension in a room inhabited partially by faces he wasn't at all familiar with. "Hoh?" he said. This was a curious scene to behold indeed, but Takumi had no context for it whatsoever. "What's going on here?"

Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast