Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Kuoh Academy

A firm shake of Eira's head came after this boy's apology. "Iie, no need to apologize. Actually, I'm really happy you were able to do it, you looked like you were trying really hard... Arigatou gozaimasu," Eira thanked the young man for his efforts without a second thought, but also knew he seemed to have strange feelings about being in such close proximity to her. Since it was quite obvious he wished to move away from her, she let him go while he pondered his ability to re-summon his Sacred Gear. "Oh look, it's almost time for you to test it out," she mentioned absently more than willing to return to her chair. Still she felt a bit strangely given these interactions with Takumi, it hardly made sense to her that this young man had to try to so hard to use his gear only to have it appear when he fondled her incidentally. This would be something worth keeping an eye on, as was the development of her youngest member below.

Miyuki's ice sword shattered into dust as Youmu bounced on her toes. She'd worn the girl down with repeated usages of her magic, to remake the sword over the few moments that the President of the Occult Club was distracted. Even so, the imaginative genius and sheer magical ability of her bishop was more than well apparent. Along with her ability to learn on the spot and try and shift situations to suit her needs. If one added this to the fact that she hadn't even taken on her original form, and the girl was a formidable opponent indeed. 'Miyuki should be included, her combat experience is low, but one can't displace imagination and youth. if I was only running 10... I'd run myself, Miyuki and Youmu. We'd be quite the trio~' she thought as she considered the different kinds of tactics she could come up with for this particular battle if she only included those three people. "Arigatou Gozaimasu, Miyuki and Youmu. I have enough from both of you," she said to the pair. "And congratulations on your new spell, Miyuki..." she said only to have the short raven haired girl look up at her with wide eyes. "Arigatou Buchou..." she said seeming to be beaming with pride at her newest development. As if to echo the feelings that Eira possessed, Youmu as she walked past the girl, placed a single hand upon her head, ruffling the hair, for a split second before moving on. Miyuki was left in awe of the compliment such a thing presented her. Even so, all was pretty much said and done and this pair of individuals headed back for the club house to watch the final match. The most seasoned member of Eira's peerage, Kagimi Izuna against the boy barely on day two of his life as a Devil, Yasukawa Takumi. "Izuna, Takumi...you're both up..." she said to the pair as she sat with her hands crossed gently in her lap. On the left side of her throne Youmu soon reappeared sitting quietly at her side, as the girl tended to do always, but today in particular... Eira found this girl's presence oddly calming. "I think you made Miyuki's day, Youmu," Eira said in a tone filled with teasing.

"Able to..." he repeated. For one brief moment of misunderstanding, it seemed Takumi wasn't exactly sure what to think. Did she mean she was happy he'd been able to summon his Sacred Gear, or was she happy he motivated himself to not pull away from her bosom, and instead squeeze after accidentally grabbing a handful. He decided to believe in the former, lest he end up in an awkward situation again so quickly. He'd done well over the past few seconds, but he doubted he could continue to be so bold without repercussion in the future. Luckily, Eira chose to address the fight that was now wrapping up. Takumi sighed, realizing he'd missed most of the battle... but what he did see at the very end, he was impressed by. At the very end, it became time for his match against Izuna. The lad who bore the Queen Evil Piece was at the ready on Eira's other side, and he was quick to float into the training grounds. Takumi hesitated. The boy stared into the palm of his hand, wondering what he was missing from moments prior. Whatever it was, he'd let it slip his mind while his hand's embrace found Eira's chest. Perhaps it would come back to him later. For now, though, he supposed it was time to begin his match.

It seemed that Takumi held some minor confusion, if he sought clarification from Eira about what she was thinking, she wouldn't give it. Instead she allowed herself to sit, only to find Izuna floating away from the right arm of her chair as she announced his battle was next. After a moment's hesitation it seemed that Takumi was ready to join Izuna down below. A small smile came to inhabit the face of Eira as Youmu spoke once more surprisingly enough. "You're in a surprisingly teasing mood, Buchou..." she noted as if she felt nothing about the situation. Still, her eyes found themselves staring at their newest member wondering what all he would do now that he was helping out. "Hai hai, I guess I am..." she said only to leave those eyes of hers ready to absorb that which was coming. She assumed it was be interesting at the very least, Izuna had never failed to disappoint, and obviously she had very high hopes for Takumi as well.

Once Takumi and Izuna stood before one another, the latter looked across the open field with those naturally narrow aquamarine eyes, and let the ever playful smile stretch across his face again. Suddenly, his eyes grew larger, and a pair of canine ears sprouted from his hair - which gained a very small ponytail and became far messier than normal. A strange mix of bright fire and lightning erupted from his body. When it cleared, Izuna sported traditional robes in primarily brown colors, and a red haori. The only thing remaining of his original ensemble was his gloves. There was a single fluffy, brown tail akin to that of a fox on his backside. "Onegaishimasu, Yasu-kun. We're gonna see what that Twice Critical of yours is made of. Let's see how ya' boost!"

"Boost!" Takumi's Sacred Gear chanted, as if cued by Izuna's statement. The flash of the green gem prompted Takumi to hold his left fist out in front of himself. He was ready for whatever Izuna had to offer, but he was very curious as to what he could accomplish. 'What's with that look? Do all Devils do that kind of stuff?' he wondered while steadying his hand. Izuna merely floated in place and smiled. "Ten more seconds, then we can start... maybe. By the way, I'm Eira's Queen. I get the perks of all the other pieces, except Pawn because... well, why would I need that? Anyway, keep Queen in mind for your Promotion. It's the best thing for ya' if you don't need strength, speed, or magic power specifically. Keep that in mind; make me your goal for now. Buchou, how about some permission?"

"Kawaii, Izuna~!!" Eira chanted, finding this form of Izuna's to be fairly attractive. She'd almost gotten to see it earlier this day, not that it mattered much. Still there was a small bit of tension betwixt her brows as she thought something else... 'Only one tail... that's disappointing,' thought the young woman who likely would have pouted had she not had the demeanor of a well kept princess. Regardless of this point, it seemed that Izuna thought to preface his interaction with Takumi by stating that he was Eira's Queen and that the boy should keep it in mind for future promotion uses. He even apparently wanted to give the boy a test run of his promotion. A grin crossed Eira's face as she realized the kind of route that Izuna intended to take and she sighed. "Takumi, you can promote yourself," she said offering the gentlest of smiles. Of course Eira was quite curious about what her newest member would get out of this exchange and so was the knight at her side.

'That's what I should be striving for? His kind of power?' Takumi thought. To achieve such a goal, he felt would be an arduous task, but having that goal... was definitely worthwhile. From his understanding, the individual before him was expected to be second only to Eira herself. If he could achieve such strength, he could be useful without a question. "Boost!" his Sacred Gear spoke again. 'Another double, right? I feel like I'll need that. I wish I could know if I had enough strength to take him on safely,' he mused. Either way, he'd been given permission to use this "promotion" ability of his Evil Piece. "Promotion... Queen," he said, feeling within himself that the method of doing this was akin to declaring a Pawn promotion in a true Chess game. He did indeed feel the evolution within himself. He felt more powerful in many ways, and by different means than his Sacred Gear. With this newfound power, he decided it was now or never. Takumi charged toward the floating Izuna, aiming to punch him in the torso with a highly-amplified left straight. Izuna smiled throughout the boy's movements, and didn't move at all.

"Oh! I'm also a Kitsune, if ya' didn't notice!" Izuna chose to say as Takumi's fist connected with - or rather, passed through - his torso. The image of Izuna that had been attacked was nothing more than an illusion spawned by his natural abilities. The true Izuna was overhead all along, and became visible as his illusion faded. "Did you think I was just gonna let you hit me with that!? That'd be stupid! You're gonna need magic to hit me," Izuna said, looking as if he had something very specific in mind. He would not be properly fighting Takumi in this training, it seemed, but instead acting as a guide toward a certain end. What that end would be, was entirely up to the Pawn of the peerage. "Magic... How do I use magic?"

'Yare yare, tricky little fox boy~' thought Eira as she watched as Izuna used an illusion to stop himself from taking a direct hit from Takumi. Of course, she generally expected such a thing, Izuna could fight with his fists, but his greatest strength was something else entirely. A bit of a chuckle came from her as she wondered what Takumi would decide to do in order to get what he wanted from this situation. What came with his decision for a promotion was Queen. Of course, that was probably one of the best uses of his ability to promote. And after he found himself unable to connect with Izuna he asked about magic. 'Atta boy~' she thought. It made her wonder what Izuna would say, she had no intention of speaking and though a few of her peerage could explain magic to him, it seemed it would be best of Izuna did so himself, since he was teaching this boy the fun of Queen Piece abilities.

"It's easy. You just kinda... do stuff," Izuna said. Now that he thought about it, perhaps he wasn't the best for explaining such a thing. As a Kitsune, he'd always owned the natural ability to use magic, even long before becoming a Devil. This explanation would be a challenging one indeed. "Well... I guess it's another willpower thing. You're a Devil, so you could focus your Demonic Power to cast spells, but... you might be able to do something through that Sacred Gear of yours," he continued, as his eyes narrowed once more. The smile on his face was a knowing one, even though he only had a strong hunch to go by. No matter the case, Takumi's focus was on his Sacred Gear.

"Time's up!" With this from Izuna, the Devil Kitsune descended from above with his right hand clad in fox fire. His announcement alerted Takumi to the incoming attack, allowing the Pawn to jump away before Izuna's hand slammed into the ground where Takumi once stood, tearing asunder the earth across a five meter radius. Apparently, few punches were being held here. Izuna immediately hopped out of the crater he'd made, charging toward Takumi with his left hand using the same magic. "Speed boost feels good, huh? You're still gonna need to do more than dodge me. I won't miss if I'm trying~" the elder Devil said just before the next ten second mark of Takumi's Twice Critical. "Boost!"

Eira was appreciating the teaching methods of Izuna, of course this soon became a moment in which the normally regal woman palmed her own face. 'Ugh, still doesn't know how to explain things... I suppose I should just have Miyuki explain proper magic to him later...' she thought making a note of the fact that this was something the young man would need eventually. Moving right along, there was much movement going on below as Izuna showcased his ability to use multiple different aspects of his piece. A grin crossed the face of Eira, she always appreciated the young man's abilities, and it was more than obvious why as this whole thing happened. Curiously enough, there was another boost occurring for Takumi as well. It made Eira curious about how many of them would occur.

"I guess you mean I can't dodge the next one," Takumi replied. A fanged grin was upon Izuna's visage as he heard this, basically confirming the other lad's assumption. Remembering his spar with Maiko, and thinking he now had a much greater quantity of strength to back his defenses, Takumi repeated his efforts from that battle. His hands went out to capture Izuna's fist before it struck him properly, and with the power of his Queen Promotion and third Twice Critical boost combined, he was able to hold on to theother male's hand. "That's right. You must've really wanted that Rook strength after all. It's all based on what you want, so... what do you want now?" Izuna asked. When Takumi thought about this, he could only come to one conclusion. This entire match was predicated upon the idea of him striving to be like Izuna, so that became his prime desire. Suddenly, the fire and lightning around Izuna's arm began flowing into the gem on Takumi's gauntlet, as the gem glowed a bright green. "Fox Fire Power is Taken!" the Sacred Gear said, much to the surprise of both Takumi and Izuna. "What the hell?" asked Takumi. To this, Izuna only continued to grin. The low-coverage gauntlet changed its form to cover Takumi's entire hand and forearm with a new rocky red design, which constantly produced an odd flame with electric properties.

Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast