Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Kuoh Academy

It would seem to be missed by Jackie that Eira had already guessed the nature of her abilities. Regardless of this the dark-skinned woman pressed onwards even as the King of this group moved forward to protect the other two. Eira soon began to glow with demonic aura in a steep crimson color, as she moved forward, Jackie jumped backwards, but she wasn't afraid she was simply being cautious. As Eira left the comfort of the barriers, she seemed to not care much if this woman planned to attack her further in fact she was bringing her hands up and together as a giant magic circle formed beneath her, seeming to pulse with the same power revealed by her aura.

While this occurred Miyuki kept up the use of the barriers to help keep them safe, in this case from their leader's powers. But Takumi's words seemed to resonate with her in some way. She understood his frustration and decided to share a bit with him to help him feel better. "Twice Critical are always different for their users. But... Eira-nee says that the hardest part of becoming a devil which she's seen, is knowing that your emotions fuel your abilities," she said with a nod. It was a lesson she had only really learned recently yourself. "Like, you can do what you want to do, and will your own powers to follow that. I had a hard time using my other form after becoming a devil. Which is strange because it is the form I had originally, as a Yuki-Onna..." she said with a strange blue tint coming to her face, which likely made more sense now. "But, I feel like I could use it in the future to help Eira-nee and because I really want to... I can do it now~" she said offering words of encouragement. "Taku-senpai, it's okay that it doesn't work exactly the way you want it to now... it could work that way later, don't feel discouraged. There's so much you can do that it doesn't have to make you feel bad. Like I did by learning magic when I couldn't take my original form..." she concluded, she understood what it was like to want to feel useful and to not feel so for a long time. Especially related to Eira's other peerage members who all had something special or advanced about them. She hoped the young man wasn't feeling too down about his abilities already. It was still really early for him, so it was alright that he hadn't reached supreme levels of mastery yet. After a comforting smile was sent to Takumi her eyes shifted towards Eira who by all means was using a demonic power which would end things rather quickly.

Two dark circles appeared around her hands as she aimed for the young woman before her. "No hard feelings, I just can't stop here..." she said as she crossed these two orbs over her chest causing them to combine and then surge forward. Jackie for her part was frozen, her caution was one thing, but she'd powered up beyond what a normal Rook should. She figured she had the defense to stand against this and would move forward even through this magic based attack figuring it would dwindle... it didn't. "This can't be happening... I never lose to magic," she managed as the power of destruction seemed to eat away at her, and though she would have died from such exposure normally, instead she was teleported away before she even took three steps forward. "Yare yare, Lu-chan, was a bit late on that pick up. I don't want to get disqualified or anything..." she said and just like that the ominous and deathly aura around her disappeared but not without wreaking further havoc on the hallway behind her.

"Huh? You're a Yuki-Onna?" asked Takumi, who suddenly understood Miyuki's strange blush and great ability as one who commanded ice. The girl admitted to feeling capable of taking her true form, if only to assist their master. They were kindred spirits in a way, Miyuki and Takumi. He, too, sought only to be of use here. Miyuki's words were therefore something of a boon to his resolve. "That's awesome! That's some sort of ice demon, yeah? With you here, I think I can really manage to pull off something bigger and better. Let's work together on the next one to help Buchou!" he said, offering his right hand to the lass.

"Hai," she said finding it strange that he seemed so excited by the idea. But still, this was much better than him potentially feeling down on himself for how his abilities seemed to manifest. He went on to explain that they shared a likeness in their resolve to be of use here, and extended his hand to the small girl who smiled and used her own to meet his. "Hai! For Buchou!~" she chimed seemingly excited. Eira herself turned around after finishing the business of doing away with the Rook. To find the two newest members of her peerage apparently getting along and with a morale boost to boot. She couldn't help but smile as she took in this sight. 'Aww, I made the right choice dozens of times over...' she thought. With both of them feeling more confident she was more than willing to believe that her peerage would do nothing but benefit from the pair of them. There was still a bit about both of them which had yet to be discovered, but now she could have a reasonable amount of faith that both of them would be able to get over their initial withdrawn attitude pretty easily.

"Sugoi~ Nice to see you two getting along~" chimed Eira aloud to the pair of them. She turned around to walk down the hall between them. "We'll have to go around the other way, but there is only one challenge left..." she said to the pair of them. She always found it good when her peerage members got along, and with Takumi making friends with Miyuki she was sure everything would remain the same. As she walked around and towards the principal's office, Eira's mind kept working. It was the only place that Onoko could be, but... something about the situation made her uneasy. In her mind she recounted the events of the day as she pushed her hand against the door. 'One Rook at five pawns, Onoko at three pawns, Two pawns...' she paused in thought as she pushed the door open, she opened her mouth to give a warning to her peerage assuming they followed. "He's not alone, be ready..." she started to say, as Miyuki ever attentive waited for the end of the sentence.

"Hai! Together," he replied as Miyuki's hand met his own. It seemed Eira's work was done, and the Rook she faced in battle was no more. She approached the others to comment on their moment of bonding. Additionally, she mentioned an alternate path they would be taking toward the Principal's office, seemingly due to the fact that the hall had been decimated by her actions against the Rook. Takumi freed his hand of Miyuki's and followed suit, right up to the moment Eira began opening the office door, while mentioning an additional challenge they should be prepared for. In this moment, Takumi also ran the numbers in his head, figuring there could indeed be another Pawn if neither of the Pawns from earlier held multiple pieces. Takumi clenched his fist once again, preparing for whatever would be behind the door.

Strangely enough, there was movement from just behind the door when it opened, but it was not what one would expect. A small, black cat sprinted through the open door as soon as there was enough space to allow its movement. Takumi was taken aback by this sudden movement, and his gaze followed the tiny creature until he was nearly turned around completely. It was then that he saw another person - a male with a buzz-cut mohawk and a retracted fist boasting brass knuckles branded with "777" - preparing to throw a punch toward Eira from behind. "Buchou!" Takumi, having seen this during a brief moment of adrenaline, threw his own hand out to deflect the punch. Little did he realize, his success in this effort only managed to redirect the punch toward the head of Miyuki. It just so happened to be the case that the brass knuckles this male wore was the form of his Sacred Gear, which gave him what he referred to as a "jackpot" on every punch he threw - in spite of his physically poor form and strength. If he managed to make contact with these knuckles, whatever he struck had a 100% chance of breaking in a single hit.

As the Gremory group made their way into the principal's office the final trap was sprung. Or rather not exactly, a small cat came running from the door, but this only served to draw Eira's and Miyuki's attention a bit outside of the normal line of vision. And though the warning had been uttered Miyuki was a bit unprepared for it, though it wasn't the real attack. It seemed though at least initially that there wasn't a need for her to do anything immediately. The remaining pawn seemed to have targeted Eira and with a bit of acuity it would be Takumi who tried to defend Eira, and his speaking of her title cause Eira herself to turn. Her eyes narrowed, but as the first hit was deflected , by Takumi she was able to move further inside, it instead found itself flying towards Miyuki. Eira reached out for the girl but couldn't reach her in time.

In a single moment, Miyuki was standing with them, but then in the next her head was being made contact with by this particular pawn's fist. Even though she wasn't the original target, something about this fist making contact with her seemed to stir the girl's brain and leave a sickening thud which sounded with the cracking of her skull. Eira's eyes widened as in just a moment the light faded from Miyuki's eyes and she tried to speak, "Buchou....sumi..." she disappeared in a green light as she tried to apologize for being the one who got out. Of course, she couldn't have helped this and she did nothing but try to be useful. Even so, the loss of one of her youngest members seemed to make Eira furious. There was an instant pulsating of that crimson destructive aura, 'She was doing her best, and that was cheap. Unfair, and uncalled for...' she thought. Not only was the hit against the small girl unnecessary, but Eira's mind already figured what was truly intended, by virtue of the placement of this pawn. "She took that hit for me..." Eira remembered her own promise to take care of her peerage and became even more furious, and her anger was directed at the mohawk bearing member of Onoko's Peerage who would soon enough find Destruction Energy flying directly for his face from the incensed crimson haired woman. Not only this boy but the furniture and walls would quake from this woman's aura as she aimed to annihilate this young man.

Takumi felt as if he'd accomplished something in deflecting this other Pawn's punch. Only a moment later, though, he was suffering a widening of his eyes, the likes of which he'd never experienced. He looked upon Miyuki, with whom he'd only just come to an agreement to work together. The cracking sound that accompanied impact was loud and grotesque enough that Takumi could almost feel it within himself. Miyuki wouldn't even be able to fall, much less finish speaking her apology to Eira before being teleported away. "B-... Buchou..." he muttered. All he intended to do was prevent the assault upon his master, but his actions resulted in the severe injury and elimination of the lass meant to be his companion.

All the while, the boy with the mohawk scoffed. His attack had not done would it could have without interruption, but he had at least eliminated the apparent stronger of Eira's subordinates. Sadly, before he could even recover from how his assault ended, the Power of Destruction belonging to Eira was upon him and everything else in the vicinity. The next thing he knew, he was standing in a room with the other members of Onoko's peerage, sweat pouring from his brow, and an expression of pure fear upon his face for the other servants to see.

The elimination of the other pawn in the room was about what Eira wanted, but still she didn't calm down. Her anger had already gone too far, but... Takumi speaking in the moment made her shift her gaze towards the boy. She could understand how he must feel, given that he likely felt himself responsible for Miyuki's injury and disqualification, but there was no reason for him to feel this way. The calmness of Eira's next words, would probably be directly in contrast to the violence created by the destructive force of her power. "Takumi, you shouldn't blame yourself for what happened, but you can use that feeling to do something..." she mentioned to him, this was an active case of how his emotions could be used to fuel his abilities. Her own were directly being used in such a way. Regardless there was Takumi's own state to consider and she didn't intend to let him down today as well. "And don't worry, Miyuki was teleported back to base. Hiro and the others will take care of her," she mentioned. And true enough the small girl was indeed teleported back to their base, and it would be Youmu who moved to catch her so they could begin the process to treat her wounds. Never had she expected such a cheap shot. A chuckle would come from in front of Moe as Jackie sat bandaged up and looking as if she'd seen something funny in the boy's visage. "What she did to me was accidental, she would have killed you on purpose..." was all she had to say about the boy. He couldn't know how lucky he was, to have been teleported out before that energy made contact with him. And as he got to thank the mediating group for his quick disqualification, their leader would be left alone to face the wrath of the Ruin Princess.

True enough, Eira's gaze shifted around the room, looking for the source of her current discontent. "You've really sunk to an inconceivable depth, I didn't think you would try such an underhanded trick to take me out, knowing you were ranked better than me..." mentioned Eira to the man in charge of this particular peerage. It hadn't taken much for Eira to realize that hit was meant to incapacitate her instead of any of her peerage. It was only by happenstance that she was left standing, but she would make sure this man paid for his crimes against her servants.

"Iie..." he said through a crack in his voice. He had to blame himself for what happened. True enough, doing nothing would have left the possibility for Eira being hit instead. Whatever could have happened as a result, Takumi felt he would have been better suited as the one eliminated from the Rating Game. "It should have been me. I only became a devil yesterday; I don't have anything special to offer. But... Ryuume-chan... She could have done so much more!" With these words spoken, Takumi slammed his left fist into the floor, even punching a hole into it.

"More than a little, can still be a little," spoke Onoko Astaroth himself, who happened to be sat at the desk in the Principal's office. He was very relaxed to be the last standing member of his team, even going so far as having his feet propped up on the desk. "Is it underhanded to have a Pawn claim the King? No. That would be your fault, but at least your Pawn is devoted enough to sacrifice another piece where you wouldn't. That Bishop would have done nothing for you anyway; I can have her replaced for you after the wedding. Hell, I would see your whole peerage wiped out and replaced with some decent ones."

Onoko's words reached Takumi's ear in no positive way. He implied that it was indeed his intention to have his Pawn sucker-punch Eira into submission. Beyond this, Takumi's spur of the moment action had Miyuki eliminated, and Onoko seemed totally unfazed. If that man had his way, Eira's peerage would be nonexistent in its current form. Upon hearing this, Takumi could only think back to the willingness of the Bishop Miyuki to be as helpful as she could be. As Takumi stood, his left fist clenched until he drew blood from his own palm, and his teeth were gritted nearly to the point of cracking themselves. "Is this how proposals work for devils? You challenge someone to a battle, and try to wipe out their servants who just want to be helpful? Buchou... sumimasen. If this is what it means to be a devil, I don't want to be involved anymore..."

Throughout Takumi's speech, his demonic power rose to incredible heights. In this one shining moment, he filled the purpose of requiring 8 Pawn pieces to reincarnate. 'Don't want to be a devil, eh partner? Good. You'll make a better dragon,' spoke a voice in Takumi's head, which the lad could not even pay heed to in his moment of fury. What happened regardless of his attentiveness to the voice, though, was a verbal notice from his Sacred Gear in the same voice. "Dragon Booster!" it said. The green gem in his Sacred Gear shined along with the item itself, which grew to the form of a more dragon-like gauntlet that covered the whole of Takumi's arm, and even his entire hand. His demonic power was surging and visible at this point, swirling around him as eyes that became glowing and red looked upon Onoko Astaroth. "Boost!" the gauntlet spoke as it flashed again, immediately prior to Takumi speaking with the enemy King. "Kisama... If I don't do another thing today, I'm breaking every bone in your body." And there it was. Here today was the Yasukawa Takumi prior to his transfer to Kuoh Academy - the Yasukawa Takumi who, as a human, nearly killed many of his former bullies who drove him to such a breaking point as this. Now, he was in a state of mind beyond even that which saw him expelled from his previous school. And yet...

Onoko laughed. The pure-blooded devil saw no threat from Takumi, nor did he see one from Eira. As far as he was concerned, he could have entered this Rating Game by himself and wiped out Eira's entire peerage to claim his prize. "Nothing on me will break, boy. Now... let's ditch the peons talking. I'd like to have a conversation with my bride instead. So, Eira... shall we dance?" he asked. At this point, though, Takumi began taking slow steps forward. "Buchou... let me."

Takumi's words slammed Eira's ears, and caused a pang in her chest the likes of which she'd never felt before. She supposed that Miyuki was rather nice to him as well, for him to be so new to their little group, she found his loyalty and his feelings to be those of a person who'd been in the group the longest. Given Takumi's feelings, she could only imagine what was being said and done by the elder members of her peerage in the face of the disgusting man before them. She saw this man's relaxed posture and his nonchalant attitude, and couldn't help but feel somewhat for the people who worked for him, whom by virtue of his behavior he obviously cared for very little. Beyond this his words about her peerage only made her more agitated. "We both know that pawn wouldn't have completely subdued me, that wasn't your intention... you planned to demoralize both me and my peerage. By injuring me and then beating me into submission, likely with the intention of having me surrender," she said, such a tactic was obvious by how this man spoke, and the fact that he would see her entire peerage disbanded meant that he both knew of and understood her bond with them and didn't wish to see it continue, despite the pretty words he'd spoken to her days before in her territory. "The fact that you would even say something like that to me proves that you have no idea who you're speaking to. I wouldn't shame myself nor my servants and would watch the entire world in ruin before I allowed such a thing..." Eira said. If there was one thing she wouldn't tolerate from people it was threats against her servants. She cared for them, she chose them and none of them were useless nor being replaced as long as she drew breath. Beyond this, there was Takumi's words, and given this was all he'd gotten to see of a Devil outside of their peerage she could hardly be surprised that the boy didn't want to be part of the organization as a whole. She was feeling that sort of angered herself at this point.

"Hell, I don't blame you. I'd see myself living in the human world forever before I'd accept trash like this as part of me," Eira spoke these words as her own aura began to condense, she was a high class devil by birth and every ounce of her control went into making sure that no one but her intended target would be harmed by the destructive nature of her power. But this didn't save the principal's office nor the school building from beginning to deteriorate around them as she stood in the middle of a magic circle which had appeared beneath her. Strangely enough, it seemed that her servant was finally showing exactly why he had taken eight whole pawns to reincarnate. She shift in his Sacred Gear made her eyes widen and she smiled in a very specific way. She never thought this would be the outcome of her impulsive desire to reincarnate Takumi, but upon seeing the shift in his gear, she was more than a little certain of the decision. 'The Red Dragon Emperor! It isn't a simple Twice Critical, it is the holder of the Welsh Dragon, BOOSTED GEAR!~' she thought seeming to have all the proof in the world she needed. "I won't marry you, and we aren't a thing... and will never be a thing!"

Of course, shortly after this revelation which she was quite sure Takumi didn't know of himself, she watched as the young boy continued to approach. Even threatening in the worst way possible the man known as Onoko Astaroth. She didn't care, she was happy in this moment, and something the young man said to her earlier caught in her ear and made a chuckle escape her, though her own murderous intentions didn't seem to leave her person nor her aura. "Ufufufufu~ You did say earlier it's your responsibility to worry after me. You can go first if you want~" she said to her trusted pawn. If nothing else it would benefit her to see what Onoko was actually capable of, and give Takumi a chance to properly use his abilities, and she in her present enraged state was ever ready to step up and destroy the arrogant man before her.

"Of course not. It's a simple strategy, though. Use a sacrificial Pawn to put the enemy King in check, predict the enemy's next move, and then... Checkmate. This wasn't the move I anticipated, but this is still Mate, my darling wife." Throughout the discussion between Eira and himself, Onoko remained relaxed. It was obvious that she had no intention to mistreat or discard her peerage, but that did not matter to him. Something else that didn't matter, was the impending approach of an enraged Takumi, who'd been cleared by Eira to go forth with his attack.

"... Arigatou," said Takumi in response to Eira's permission. His movements were nearly mindless as he stepped toward the Principal's desk. The closer he got, the more Onoko laughed in his face. "Didn't you hear that exchange, boy? Or maybe you don't know a thing about Chess. It isn't possible for a Pawn to achieve Checkmate. That would have to follow an illegal move."

"Promotion... Queen," Takumi spoke in a low tone, granting himself a sudden boost to all attributes. "Boost!" With another doubling applied to his power, Takumi raised his left fist and punched the desk to make it shatter, adding to the destruction of the area and causing Onoko to lose his position of comfort. A thick, violet smog surrounded Onoko as he stood; it was his demonic power surging from his body. Takumi didn't seem to care about this, and aimed to punch Onoko in the face with his Sacred Gear. Sadly, the High-Class Devil caught this fist with a hand of his own. There seemed to be little effort required for this to happen, but Takumi continued pushing forward. "Is this what you've decided, Eira? Are you sinking low enough to sacrifice a Pawn to make an opening here?"

Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast