Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Kuoh Academy

Eira squeezed this fox boy and waited for him to name the price of her recent offense against him. Strangely, though she left open the offer he decided after a sigh that all he wanted was for her not to do this again. Though she'd been speaking into his chest by the time his hand met the top of her head she looked up in surprise at him. Her eyes widened just a tad as she appreciated him more than she'd thought possible in this moment. She withdrew her hand from near his face and wrapped it back around him instead. "I mean you could have held out a little. It might have gotten you a home cooked meal or a nice pastry or something..." she teased before looking up again. "It's a deal though..." she mused as he held her like this floating around her office. She couldn't remember the last time they'd done this, but somehow it felt both nostalgic and new. Since they were like this she supposed she also owed him a bit of an explanation about her actual bad mood of, apparently, the previous week. "I think I over did it with Takumi when I gave him his marks. I thought he wouldn't be affected by me, no one else really is... but I'm pretty sure he was, and I felt really conflicted about it because he ran from me afterwards. My feelings might be a bit too easily hurt when I think about it like that..." she said these words again thinking about the vampire she'd met. Something about the way he'd spoken to her really jabbed her even after he'd left.

"Heh! Maybe, but... I don't like eating alone, so the potential trade wouldn't be worth it. You know that," Izuna said to the one who knew him better than any other in this world, bar two. Even as a joke, the idea of Eira disappearing again as a consequence to this demand not being made was something he couldn't tolerate. As they floated, Eira took it upon herself to share her troubles from the previous week. Their connection had made it more than obvious that she was troubled at the time, but he had no idea at all what the cause was, and she was obviously in no mood to discuss it then. Now though, she revealed the cause to be a situation that unfolded between herself and the Red Dragon Emperor. Izuna closed his eyes again and peered into the woman's memory as she gave him this information, allowing him to see things from her perspective. When he was done, his eyes opened to narrow slits. "Sou ka. Probably could have worded that better. Or... timed it better, even. You're really hopeless, aren't you?"

"I guess that is true..." she said of the trade which would have been involved. She wouldn't dream of purposefully leaving this young man behind for any reason. The Queen of her Peerage had been her friend since her proper adolescence. She didn't wish to part from him for any reason, nor did she ever intend to be too far from him at any point in time. Beyond this as she broached the topic of her previous week, which still was really to her, no more than a little over a day prior to this one, she hugged his stomach during her explanation and given what he took from her mind she knew he had the full picture of her colossal mistake. Izuna went on to comment that she could have both timed and worded her statement better while also calling her hopeless. And she was abashed enough to bury her reddened face into his chest and shake it back and forth. "I really am hopeless, I was just so caught off-guard, and I just really wanted..." this sentence didn't have a finite ending outside of Eira's head, but the fact that she claimed she'd wanted something was likely a shocking one. Eira didn't express wants, she didn't desire... and she certainly didn't feel it with the conviction she'd felt in that moment. She still didn't realize the gravity of what she'd said, nor did she have any idea why she was like this. Eira wasn't really bad at interacting with anyone, but it seemed when it came to Takumi she was always a mess, since the day she'd saved him she just couldn't get her act together around him. "I'm crazy aren't I?" she asked the center of Izuna's chest with the petulance of a child.

"Well, I wouldn't feel too bad about it," Izuna said. Having seen all of Takumi's available memories prior to his bout of unconsciousness at the Rating Game, Izuna knew what sort of issues the young dragon had. Compared to that, Eira had only experienced something of a hiccup in her usual demeanor. "I wanna say the kid's even worse, and that wouldn't have worked out anyway... but he's not matching up to the memories I had since you left. You saw it yourself though; it's almost like day and night between that guy now, and him before last week. So maybe it was all your fault," he concluded. His floating began to shift, eventually guiding himself and Eira around the room in a slow circle of sorts. Her asking if she was crazy resulted in the full opening of his eyes. He wanted to laugh, but he couldn't manage such a thing. "Definitely. Buuut... you're pretty good at keeping your shit together, so just fix it."

Eira listened quietly as Izuna spoke to her about the situation she'd found herself in. Beyond what she'd managed to mess up, it seemed that Takumi was no better off than he had been when she'd found him broken in her bed after the death of his parents. She couldn't help but feel bad for the lad, though she was admittedly a bit relieved that Izuna didn't think it would have worked out for her regardless. When he went on to say that Takumi was like day and night in relation to how he acted post his trauma and mused about how it might have been her fault she shook her head. "Iie, the Takumi I pulled from the Boosted Gear is the one who exists and persists. And the guy outside was 'nothing' according to him. So who he is now... is who he always was..." she said of that experience. She supposed if this was the case, she didn't really know this version of Takumi at all, and had managed to see only glances of him before that point. 'Maybe... that's right,' she thought to herself. In reply to the question of her sanity, apparently Izuna thought that she was definitely crazy and but that this wasn't actually the point and she should do what she needed to do. "Hai hai, I plan to. Arigatou na..." she said squeezing this fox once more but continuing to relax on their slow drift for however long it would last.

"Ah, sou ka." Apparently Izuna had been missing a key bit of information that would make sense of this Takumi issue. True enough, he had not been able to see even Eira's memory during the time in which she was within the Boosted Gear. Now that she explained it though, he understood this difference in Takumi a bit better. "That makes more sense. I saw a little bit of this one in his memories, but only toward the end of his time at that last school. Mostly around the event that made him such a dweeb," he said. With that though, he was content to remain as he was, even seeming to drift off with the passage of time.

The next day, it would actually be Takumi in the club building by himself. His last class of the day was not something he took interest in at the moment for certain reasons, so he skipped it. To be more specific, he left the main building before the end of the school day to more easily avoid having to sit in another detention room for fighting... again... again. This day, he stood in front of the very same window Eira often looked through, with his eyes fixed on one point. What he stared at so intently was the very place he died as a human weeks ago.

Eira was able to provide the necessary information for Izuna to make sense of the memories he now saw from Takumi, and Eira herself was able to relax while she floated with him. That night she stayed right there, floating in his arms, only to appear sometime way later next day, coming from her private shower. She was dressed as she usually did for these not necessarily school related events but strangely as she approached her throne room where she watched for her day to day activities, she found Takumi staring out of this window. In this moment her eyes widened and her heart thumped harder than it had in quite some time. "Takumi, hisashiburida~" she greeted the lad having not laid eyes on him physically in what would be more than a week. Even so she was quite happy to see him and at present they were alone and she needed to talk to him. She calmly walked up beside him, leaning in the window and looking out at the spot where she'd seen him die once weeks ago. After a few moments of silence she'd speak on the matter she actually needed to talk to him about. "I owe you an apology, Takumi. My powers were a bit strong when I marked you with that last level and though I thought you should have been immune to me, as a Succubus you weren't. I pushed a bit too much onto you, sumimasen." In this speech she hoped to set his mind at ease and perhaps restore something closer to the level of normal that they were used to while he adjusted properly to being himself.

As he stared out unto the location of his death, Takumi's senses were mostly dulled to everything around him. He wasn't able to hear Eira's entrance at all, but sometime during it, his heart beat with an intensity that he could feel throughout his torso. His left hand rose to grip his chest as a result, though he had no explanation for this at all. Before he had the time to process this random occurrence, he was greeted by the woman who raised him up from the very spot he'd been looking at for some time now. He didn't respond directly to her greeting, nor did he look at her at all. His gaze never even left the ground outside. Eira joined him in looking through the window while offering some sort of apology. It was her belief that she'd simply utilized more of her Succubus power than she realized at the time of his marking, and this was the cause for the oddity of their exchange one week ago. When she voiced this apology, Takumi's lips parted slightly, then a response came several seconds later in the midst of his entranced stare at the ground. "Iie... 'That wasn't why I...' ... I figured that out back then."

It seemed that Eira had been able to sneak up on the lad as he looked at the spot which had previously marked his death. Strangely he didn't even bother looking to Eira at all, even while he replied to what she had to say. Eira would have been indifferent to this, or rather should have been, but somehow she felt slighted. She couldn't really explain it but his lack of acknowledgement of her made her chest feel tight. Even so, given his actual response was one which seemed to coincide with some understanding of what she'd said, she simply responded the only way she could. "Hai hai... I forget you've had more time than me. Arigatou na~" she managed though she didn't want to move away from him, she felt herself in a strange way wishing for the same sort of closeness she'd shared previously. 'I want...' she had this thought again as she pulled herself away from the window turning to walk away. It wasn't necessarily a conscious thought but something much deeper than she could even think to vocalize.

"Hai," he said in response to her thanks. Still, he looked through the window. Ever since his waking and the irreversible change to the color of his eyes, he felt some strange attachment to the place his human life ended. If asked about it, he wouldn't be able to explain why this was the case. It simply was. 'Huh?' His stare ceased only once, and it happened to be shortly after Eira backed off and stepped away from the window and himself. Surely he heard something else in these final moments. There was something there. It was almost as if he could feel it within his very being, but no... it had to be something he heard with his ears, didn't it? Assuming this to be the case, Takumi let the broken gaze at his death location be replaced by a glance toward the fleeting Succubus. One could note that when he looked this way, his left eye - the one previously hidden by the angle at which he stood - had become orange. "What?"

Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast