Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Kuoh Academy

For a moment after their fists met, Maiko got to see the orange eyes of the Takumi they'd all adjusted to as a member of Eira's Peerage initially. What he remembered was likely the moment in which the pair of them seemed to be heavily reliant on each other in such a way as to imply a relationship. Maiko happened to go wide eyed at this apology in the realization of why it was given she simply shook her head. "Iie, friends are there to fill in for what's missing... it's nothing to apologize for," she said giving a light pat to the top of this lad's head. Maiko in her random association with everyone else, and in having dealt with her own grief, fully understood the sort of weakness the other Takumi showed in the week prior. She didn't take it personally at all and was more than happy for Takumi and Eira as a couple, while also being happy to meet Shouki. A nod came from Youmu as her welcoming of the lad was acknowledged and all seemed well.

Izuna having gotten over whatever shock he associated with Eira and Takumi getting together wanted only to demand a more manly title than Maid of Honor as part of the wedding party. "I am sure if you're on the brides side of that, they call you the Man of Honor. Which I think should make you feel better... it's not my fault you keep getting girly associations," she said sticking her tongue out at the lad. And after that Eira got to watch as everyone seemed to settle into a normal level of humdrum at the start of this situation. All the while her eyes shifted back to the door, to wait for the one person missing from her evening. 'Come on... I'm waiting...'

Shouki nodded to Maiko. During this exchange of theirs, as Maiko delivered her message, something happened not within Shouki... but within Takumi. The Red Dragon Emperor walked his way out of the detention room he'd been in since the end of the school day, bag slung over his right shoulder as usual. Suddenly, he stopped and looked up, briefly gaining the same gleam to his eye that Shouki had moments ago. "Sou ka," he said aloud, though there was no one immediately around him. As he started walking again, he closed his eyes and muttered one more statement. "... Arigatou." With that, he continued moving forward, aiming to eventually reach the old school building where the other members of Eira's peerage gathered. On the way though... he would stop in front of another group of male students, who seemed to have been waiting to ambush him this way when he left detention. "Yare yare. You waited all this time to get your turn?" he asked rhetorically of this group consisting of about eight boys. Just then, a wide grin broke out across his face. "Alright, but let's hurry it up. Your dream girl's probably waiting for me," he said as his tongue protruded from his mouth, teasing this entire group of males before him while he so casually stood there with a bag in hand.

Apparently, Izuna could get by with being referred to as the 'Man of Honor' if he were to take his place on the bride's side of a wedding. He huffed upon hearing this, turning his nose up to Eira and smirking deviously. "Heh! Well I was just gonna find a way to stick you with 'groom' so I could be called Best Man, but... I guess it's your special day and all, so I'll let it slide and take that if I need to."

Eira was indeed waiting on Takumi while more boys attempted to jump him given their own delusions surrounding Eira. But while that happened there was the matter of Izuna teasing Eira about his title. Specifically apparently he was aiming to be called 'Best Man' to such an extreme he was willing to have Eira named groom. A frown came to Eira's face at this news but it seemed to be in a good humor. "I can't be the groom at my wedding. Take your moment as Man of Honor, and hope you don't make me mad and end up in a dress..." she said with an eye roll. "All of that is a while off regardless, you have plenty of time to try and make up something new if you want Izuna... " she commented. Of course, she was still waiting on Takumi and given the amount of time this was taking she could make an assmption that he'd met more resistance on his way here. It was more than a bit annoying for people to get in her way like this. Meanwhile, Youmu was still wondering how Takumi had found such an amazing engagement ring. This was sudden no matter what way it was sliced and she thought this while staring at the ring on Eira's finger.

"You wouldn't put me in a dress. I'd show you up in a heartbeat!" Izuna teased. He understood that there was plenty of time before any sort of proper union could occur between Eira and Takumi, given how Devil politics tended to work out. With this in mind, he was content to drop the topic entirely and await whatever Eira had in mind for their 'club activities' of the day.

By this time, Takumi was standing in the same relaxed manner he had when he was ambushed. Now, the eight assailants were laid around him on the ground without any signs of consciousness in any but one of them. The one who still made attempts to move was stopped by the presence of Takumi's shoe atop his body. As Takumi spoke to this boy, he twisted his angle to grind his sole into the lad. "I beat all of you without even trying. You were judging me, right? Where does that put us?" he asked. Again, his questions were only rhetorical. "I think I just proved the difference in our worth, don't you? I'll see you tomorrow, if you're not in the hospital. You're the strongest one here, so you'll be the first one I use to fight under my name." Wanting nothing else to do with this group for the time being, he kicked the final boy before walking off, making his way toward his destination again. "Ja ne!"

"Bishi face not withstanding, you don't have the body to show me up in a dress~" Eira said flippantly. She was still waiting on Takumi, but before anything else she supposed she could look into random bits of information about school since she'd been gone. Eira strangely was already aware of what she wanted everyone to do as far as club activities were concerned she had a good idea of what they should be doing. With her engagement to Takumi on the horizon everyone in the Peerage had to be in tip top shape, and beyond that he needed to be doing things to gain him further acclaim because of the way Devil Politics worked. "Oh I noticed Maiko is tutoring Miyuki that's pretty good... I'm glad you're helping each other~" she chimed which made both of those girls look at each other and then at Eira and nod. It seemed that they'd come to some sort of agreement where Maiko taught Miyuki how to be a good student and Miyuki taught Maiko a bit more about magic. "Oi, Izuna have you been studying?" she asked him directly as he was the one she had to worry about the most.

"I could if I wanted to," Izuna said, knowing he had the could easily take the form of a woman if he had the desire. He did wonder exactly how long it would be until this wedding happened though, and more importantly what sort of issues the pair would encounter as they drew closer to it. Supposing an answer to all of these questions would come with time, he moved on. When asked if he'd been studying lately, he scoffed right away, being reminded of the situation surrounding his failure in History of Kyoto. "Nope! Tried it. Didn't work. Made the teacher dream of taking it himself... copied his answers and brought it in the next day," he said with closed eyes and a snobby expression. He had made an honest effort to study the lies these humans created to cover his family's work, but instead ended up ranting about what actually happened. In the end, he made the executive decision to cheat his way through by using the teacher's own false knowledge.

When Izuna mentioned the method he'd used to pass his test, Eira looked at Youmu and chided. "Youmu even you couldn't fix it... for shame~" she teased. The apathetic half-phantom looked at Eira and honestly, shrugged. "To be honest, I found out all I wanted to know about that war from the proper perspective and he said he wasn't really interested in the lies... he found a way to pass that didn't involve any extra work on our parts, so I considered it fair," Youmu explained the situation which had led to Izuna's cheating method of choice and it made a small chortle come to Eira as a response. "Ufufu~ Well, I suppose I can't complain as long as the results are there. Everything got done so... good work figuring out how to get the job done," she said to the pair who were her best friend and most trusted adviser. Still she wanted to face palm knowing the lad needed to cheat to get the work done. She'd been living her life as a teenager in the human world for quite a long time and while she did this she'd come across many battle she knew existed differently and they hadn't bothered her at such a deep level. But, she also fully respected Izuna for his feelings and so she didn't push it any further. Soon after she was looking to the door again, a deep sense of annoyance developing as she waited on Takumi. 'What's taking so long?' she questioned in her mind.

Izuna shrugged. As far as he was concerned, it hardly mattered whether he passed some human class or not. The only thing keeping him willing to do so aside from keeping up appearances was being allowed to participate in the sport of his choice. Still, if he'd had this idea much sooner, he could have gotten away with even more free time than he had already. He'd most certainly be abusing this method in the time he had left at this school, but that was a matter for another time. In thinking about it now, Izuna could only snicker to himself and float around the room.

At long last, Takumi finally entered the building. He was quite amused by the defeat he'd handed so many other students this day. Something about these confrontations he so often had felt different today. Instead of being the drag it usually was, the simple fact that there was an exact reason being applied to the attempted bullying gave him quite a bit of satisfaction. 'That was just as worthwhile as the last one. I could beat down these jealous guys all day,' he thought, finally having some proper understanding as to why other males targeted him so. As he mulled over this, he stepped into the meeting room where everyone else had already gathered. "Yo, minna."

"You look like you're up to something..." Eira said to Izuna before letting it go, he was a tricky fox boy after all, she had to leave him his vices. Eventually as she stared at the door with longing in her heart, the object of her affections appeared, greeting the whole of the room which caused other eyes to turn to him. Miyuki looked up and waved from her perch at the foot of Eira's throne. Maiko gave a nod. "Yo!" Youmu looked towards the lad and then back at the ring on the finger of Eira which was very clear to her. "Congratulations..." she said wanting to ask about the ring but leaving it for now to avoid potentially embarrassing anyone. "Ta...ku...mi..." Eira seemed immediately relieved by his presence. "Okaerinasai!~"

Izuna had nothing to say in response to Eira's assertion. He was very much up to something, but all he could do was grin and hum. This only changed with the appearance of Takumi, whom he had a bit of teasing in store for. "Oi oi! Second Queen in the building!" he said, poking at Takumi's title as Eira's spouse in relation to her position as King of the peerage. Even with this, only a glance was shared between these two lads as Takumi continued moving forward, sparing a word only in response to Youmu. "Arigatou." When he reached Eira's location, Takumi wasted no time wondering where he should place himself. Given the typical organization, one would expect Izuna to be placed on the right side of Eira's throne. That was the very space Takumi claimed for himself this day, seating himself on the arm of the throne and dropping his bag on the floor next to it while looking toward Eira. "Tadaima," he said, leaning into the throne and lifting Eira's chin, as he'd done numerous times so recently, to kiss her lips without a care in the world.

Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast