Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Kuoh Academy

Eira continued to sit with that same demeanor she'd had the entire time they'd been speaking. Much to her original thought, this man hadn't just stopped in for a visit to congratulate her on her up and coming peerage. No he intended to marry her, and what was more he'd already talked to her father about the ordeal. She would have expected such a thing, if she'd ever spoken to this man in more than passing before this moment. They weren't in love seeking marriage, he was a strong guy seeking further title by having a strong woman at his side. In this moment though, Eira still managed to smile, given the situation it'd be surprisingly bright, almost like she was happy. But her words would make it obvious just what her mood was. "Daddy's a smart man, so when's the Rating Game and what are the conditions," she said, knowing the man before her had a complete peerage while she didn't. Her father had predicted she'd have a problem with her supposed marriage, and she did, she had no intention of even answering it as a potential. Ruin Queen and the Armageddon King, as if she'd ever want the man before her.

When Eira gave her response, the Devil known by the name Onoko grinned. He'd been told to expect this sort of reaction from her, but he had more than ample confidence in his own ability to win the Rating Game and have his way. Eira seemed confident as well, but Onoko did not believe she could emerge victorious against his peerage. Few he'd ever met could, and she'd yet to experience Rating Games with a peerage of her own. "We play a Dice Figure Game tomorrow at dusk. I'm sure you're at least somewhat familiar with how this works," he said as he showed his left hand, which held a pair of six-sided dice. Rising and stepping forward, he offered one of these dice to Eira. "I'll allow you to choose the setting."

Eira was soon given the information she sought, and though this man didn't have the reaction she expected, he did produce the rules and a pair of dice one of which he offered her. After a moment she opened the palm of her right hand after unclasping them in front of her. "Dice Figure Game, tomorrow at dusk... fine," she said, though this was quite the detriment to her. As it stood most of her peerage contained only high level pieces, and though she'd recently made a pawn he still counted as eight. Depending on how she herself was ranked, she might not even be able to participate. She could send one of her more seasoned members and most likely they could handle most everything, but without at least a back up plan she'd be badly beaten. Her mind was already at work busily trying to plot what numbers she could use, which pieces would be best suited for combat against more than a few pieces at a time which wouldn't leave her at a complete loss against the other group. Still she prayed for the highest number possible as it would give her the best opportunity for strategies with her very young peerage. With that the dice left her hand with a silent prayer to Satan for a six. Her eyes watched as her die spun several times and landed on a six. 'Arigatou Nii-sama!~' she squealed in her mind.

Onoko's terms were accepted easily enough. With that, he stepped aside and awaited the roll of Eira's die. After a few forward tumbles, the die landed with its side marked six facing upward. Onoko grinned. With this as he roll, it didn't matter at all what his die landed on. As it stood, he could already put forth between two and six members of his own peerage, depending on his whims. What else could he add to the mix? Time would tell, as Onoko's own dice was thrown into a roll and tumble. It landed next to the die thrown by Eira, and the number on its upward-facing side was...

Six.

"Maximum value. It's almost a shame we won't see each other in the game. You've been given a rating of one Pawn. I will count as three. My servants will be seeing you soon after we start, and I suppose I will see you at the ceremony afterwards. Now then... what venue will you have? I'll see to the setup while you busy yourself with the trifles of this human world."

With one six, Eira was left to wonder about the nature of the rest of her roll. As it stood, her best bet was to let her knight take care of this, but she didn't want to leave all up to Youmu. No, in matters such as this, the ability to defeat the first enemy weren't enough, she'd have to negate all tries at this sort of advancement in her life, as quickly as possible. Her eyes narrowed on the second dice roll and it was also a six. Her face broke out into a wide grin, as the nature of her run just got infinitely better. She couldn't help herself, this was about to be a good showing, maybe even a great one depending on who she chose to go along with. It made it so she could practically chose from anyone in her peerage depending on how she wanted to go about the assault.

Beyond this it was soon claimed that for the purpose of this Rating Game, Eira herself only counted as one pawn. Such was almost a vast underestimation of her abilities. But she supposed, given the incompleteness of her peerage and the lack of what most would consider members to it, she could almost see why it was assigned that way. As an aside, she'd not really participated in anything more than practice matches with her friends, as such her first real Rating Game would be the one which started her off either on a winning streak or as a person who needed more practice. "Have the venue made a replica of the Kuoh Academy. As for the trifles of this world, I don't see it that way. In fact all of you should get out of the underworld more often... but I digress," said the girl as she remained with her hands clasped in her lap. "I won't be seeing you, afterwards. Sayonara, Onoko Astaroth," the girl's words were steadfast, and if she feared anything it wasn't obvious in her countenance. Though by all accounts she should worry given the large number this male was able to start with, somehow she figured she had a better shot this way than the alternative.

"Hmph. You've grown overly attached," said Onoko, regarding Eira's choice in venue being a replica of the human school she attended. As one who resided in the underworld, he could not understand this sentiment. This wasn't something that mattered much, though. Soon, Eira would also be a more permanent resident of their home world; he would see to that himself. "We will see. Tomorrow, Eira, we will see what the Ruin Princess' servants are made of." With that said, Onoko reclaimed his dice, and vanished through the same magic circle he'd used to arrive. This entire exchange had occurred over such a brief amount of time, classes had yet to begin. How would this affect the rest of the day for Eira Gremory and her peerage? One could only wonder.

Eira's eyes narrowed, and she outwardly scoffed at the idea that she'd grown overly attached to her school. Of course, this wasn't to say she disagreed, she was indeed quite attached to this place, which should have been obvious by the years she spent here. Even so, her choice for this as the fighting venue was all tactical, it was so she could have the best idea of where any and everyone would be and so her team would be familiar with the layout whether she was actively participating or not. 'I'll make you regret lumping in sentimentality with a tactical decision,' Eira was already fuming. But outwardly right up until this man disappeared she gave off an air of complete and utter calm. It wasn't until the magical circle which had brought him here completely disappeared did Eira's eyes close. And when they reopened there were flames of anger dancing in the background of them. Magical energy began to leak from her very person until she stood and began hurling it about the room in ball form. Gone in a matter of seconds were couches, end tables, the coffee table, her desk she even managed to blow out a few windows and incinerate the carpet with the power of her destructive magic. After about five minutes her tantrum was over and she was left standing in the middle of a desolte room save the single throne she'd been sitting upon for the duration of her chat with Onoko Astaroth. "Shit, now I have to fix it all..." she said begrudgingly to the world at large. But having cooled her jets just a bit she was more than ready to do so.

Though she may have thought she was, Eira was not having her little destructive tantrum alone. Classes hadn't started just yet, but the Soccer Club's morning practice had been released so its students could prepare for class in a timely manner. As such, Kagimi Izuna was free with ample time for dilly dally. He took this free time the way he usually did, by floating around aimlessly whilst invisible to the eyes of others. During Eira's rampage, he was keen enough to be outside the old schoolhouse for a few minutes. Once everything seemed to have calmed down, though, he floated in through a destroyed window and made himself visible before Eira. He did so while moving forward, reaching out as if to deliver an embrace, but it was not for Eira. Instead, he wrapped his arms tightly around the one thing remaining in the room: The throne. "Ohh, yes! Chair-sama survives yet again!"

"Of course you're here now," said Eira as her Queen made himself known by floating in through a window she'd destroyed. If she'd expected anything of an embrace from the lad, her hopes were surely dashed as he hugged instead of her, the chair she'd not destroyed throughout this entire ordeal. "Why does the throne get more love than I do? I could use a hug too, you know," she stated almost rhetorically, anything to keep her mind off of what had just caused the most major tantrum of her late teens. Still, there was the matter of figuring out what Izuna knew, and how helpful he could be to her in this moment. Instead of dwelling on the mess or rather annhilation she'd just dished out to the room, she went to sit in the throne back the way she was as if nothing bad had happened her entire day. "So, Izuna, how much do you know?" she asked, as was her general way of starting a conversation with the often invisible peeper of her group.

"Chair-sama is the only thing in this room to have survived your rampage. Chair-sama is stronger than you. Chair-sama is my new master," Izuna said while letting go of the throne and returning to his casual floating. Instead of hugging Eira, he merely patted the top of her head as she sat, all before floating away and flipping himself upside-down to converse with her. "Hmm... I know..." He paused for a moment to think. Eventually, a wide grin crossed his face. "We are definitely gonna win Nationals this year!" he said. Only a second later, the grin faded from his visage. He hadn't been around for the entire interaction between Eira and Onoko, but he'd been around long enough to piece together information and know a Rating Game would be happening tomorrow. "I know no matter which way you slice it, you're getting a maximum of three people in that fight... including yourself. Are you sure organizing your Pieces this way was a good idea after all, Eira?"

Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast