Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Kuoh Academy

It seemed all the condolences and comforting that Eira would receive would be a simple pat on the head. Of course, such a pat went a long way for the betterment of the crimson haired lass' mood. A brief moment of questioning would let her know exactly what Izuna thought... of his soccer team. Such a moment from the boy would lead to a chuckle from this young woman, this lad always knew how to put things in perspective. But soon enough he was flipped upside down and telling Eira what was what, even using her given name, as he was prone to doing when they were alone together and didn't need to keep up the strictest of appearances. She sighed then and nodded. "That is about the gist of it. I feel like Nii-sama was looking out for us, otherwise, that could have been way worse." she said thinking about it from a more mellow perspective after having caused such a massive bit of destruction. As for the matter of whether or not it was wise to organize her pieces in such a way, a huge grin spread across her face. "I don't know if I'd call it wise. My strategy is for the end game, so I figured after choosing a couple of these people, there could be some early game mishaps, particularly after choosing a boy who is all eight pawns," she said. "But, I wouldn't trade any of you guys for the whole world. Luckily enough my own experience isn't counted as much, I only count as one. So depending on who else I chose, I could have a wide variety of things to choose from. Before I knew the second number, I thought it would be just me and you, like old times..." she said with a smirk on her face.

"But, I have to think about this like it's more than just this single victory. I have to consider this game a line drawn in the sand. Who I choose to go up against the other team will be a statement, and our first real show of power since I started gathering a peerage. I have faith in you all, but... I am going to have to see everyone in action before I make up my mind completely," she mentioned basically giving her Queen the layout of the afternoon. "I think it goes without saying everyone is going to be involved with the training. But... I think there is a fair chance we win this... no one is expecting someone to have done what I did."

As Eira spoke, Izuna continued to move about the room in front of her. He did agree that things could have been much worse if the dice roll didn't result in a score of 12. If it had been any lower, even with Eira being given a value of a single Pawn for the game, she would have had much less room to make tactical decisions. Still, Izuna was ready and available in case she wished to play the game with herself and him alone. "Well, if you decide it's me you need, I'll give it all I've got. Onoko seems like the kind of guy who's going to come with numbers because he thinks all of his single pieces are so great. Even if we lose, though, I'm sure we could get him back with a regular Rating Game. The power and Twice Critical on that new guy aren't anything normal. He might be working on a Sub-Species already," he said. Given how much Eira had mentioned this new Pawn of hers in her speech, he believed she entertained some notion of potentially using him in the upcoming battle. If she did, and won, it would surely make a statement, but Izuna wondered how things would actually turn out. He supposed he'd have to wait for the results of training later in the day to draw his own conclusions about the Dice Figure Game.

Eira heard out what her Queen had to say and nodded. There was only one statement she didn't agree with and as she heard the words inwardly her heart sank. 'Even if we lose, though, I'm sure we could get him back with a regular Rating Game.' This lone sentence made it sound like there were no stakes, and also made her realize that though Izuna had been around long enough to hear about the Dice Figure Game, he hadn't heard the reason they were playing. A frown came to her face as she realized their loss would make it so any future wins against this same man didn't mean anything, because what was bet on this game was her hand in marriage. As disgusting as a thought this was, she didn't intend to burden her followers with this knowledge, she couldn't have them taking unnecessary risks on her behalf. After all, she didn't think of them as tools for her own use, she thought of them as her most precious and closest friends.

But with Izuna she figured keeping this knowledge from him wouldn't serve any good, so she spoke with him and him alone on the matter. "There is no pressure involved on the rest of you, but if I don't win the first time, my father promised that man I'd marry him," she said all the disgust and her earlier rage came flooding back in a single moment though she managed not to destroy anything else. "I don't think I'll be telling anyone else that, but I obviously don't want to marry that guy. I think Takumi might be an Ace for us, no way a simple Twice Critical made him take eight pieces to reincarnate..." she said giving another valuable piece of information which was, exactly how many pieces she'd used to claim her first and obviously own pawn. "But I won't burden him with it if he isn't ready." she clarified. Her thoughts about this entire ordeal were swimming all over the place, even so she couldn't wait to see what her peerage was capable of now. At the very least she had a more than decent record in practice matches, 8 wins and 2 losses, surely that wasn't just a fluke considering the decreased size of her peerage.

"..." Izuna's brows rose, and he blinked repeatedly when Eira mentioned the stakes of this battle. He may not have heard this being discussed initially, but it was probably a good thing that he didn't; he would have had something to say in the moment if that were the case. "WHAT!?" he said after darting toward Eira, stopping with his hands slammed upon the arms of her throne as he looked her in the eye. "What the hell kind of first game is that!? No way; let me fight!" As he spoke, Izuna had subconsciously allowed the canine teeth of his natural form show. Something was occurring within the rear of his trousers as well, causing them to bulge and oscillate. The pupils of his eyes even underwent a change, becoming more like slits than what they appeared as normally. "Even if I don't fight, you have to tell whoever does! Whoever's involved should know why they have to give it everything they've got!"

She expected minor discontent from Izuna knowing about the stakes of this game, what she didn't expect was an outward showing of emotion the likes of which she hadn't seen in quite some time from the young man. She was the one who was more prone to showing anger or displeasure, even when she covered it with her regal demeanor. He dashed towards her, and though she had no fear of anything bad happening to her as a result of his anger, she could see the physical changes of his person as they happened, as he became before her, what he actually was. Canine teeth, slit pupils and she was willing to bet his tails were growing as well. Still she met his gaze without wavering in the slightest, her crimson eyes burning with the same level of anger underneath. "I know. I know, I thought the same thing... My father seemed to think it was a good idea, because he knew I wouldn't just agree to the marriage. That guy is so not my type..." she said by all outward appearances, Onoko Astaroth was an attractive man, but obviously not the sort of man who fit the personal preferences of Eira Gremory, who seemed to prefer men who were softer on the outside, but carried great strength within.

"I would hope you didn't think I was throwing that kind of tantrum over a match," she said to Izuna even so, she appreciated his outward show of emotion, she reached upwards and gave him a hug, because it was something she would have done if he were upset over something else and it was something he deserved in the moment as well. "Izuna, your bishi fox self is showing. Am I going to get to see tails today?" she teased ever so lightly. "If you think I should tell them, I will... but honestly I just didn't want to burden anyone with it," she said, which was likely one of the few personality flaws the young woman maintained. The ability to want to help everyone but the inability to accept help on her own behalf, or burden others with things she perceived to be her problem alone.

Suddenly, the arms of Eira were wrapped around the young male. His eyes widened in that moment, and he was able to calm himself within her embrace until his changes began to fade. "Gomen. No tail for you," he said, returning to the playful grin he normally boasted as he floated away from Eira's personal space bubble. "So, being honest here, I didn't even think about the tantrum that hard. I just figured you were mad because it was so soon. Anyway, I think you should definitely tell at least whoever's involved with the fight. Not to be a downer, but it would really suck to lose and find out what could've been stopped by trying harder."

It seemed the hug given by Eira had served the purpose she figured it would, calming the male in her presence and making him realize what he was doing. She noted the changes of his physical form going back to place and him escaping her personal space bubble as she settled back into her throne with a bemused look upon her face at the idea that she wasn't going to get to see any tails today. "Oh well, I suppose I'll get to see them next time~" she teased a little more. As their conversation progressed it seemed that Izuna thought it necessary to at least share the information directly with whoever was going to be involved with the fight. Given what was at stake he said it would be a downer to find out after the fact that they could have tried harder and saved their leader from a fate she obviously wanted no part of. "Hai hai, you're right. When I figure out who is going into the fight besides myself, I'll make sure they know the stakes of this game before going in. After all, it's not really fair to ask them to participate if they don't know what they are getting themselves into, I'd hate to have anyone discontent after the fact because they didn't know..." she relented.

Given this whoever ended up the roster for the Dice Figure Game would be told of the stakes of it. "So training camps to see where everyone is at instead of after school activities, and by tomorrow afternoon decide who is going to in the game and let them know before the match, that we have to beat that jerk so I don't have to marry him?" she asked laying out her plan with a cheeky smile as she moved her hands before her summoning magic within them and beginning to restore the room back to its original form. "You'll make sure everyone knows to report here instead of to their normal activities, there isn't a moment to waste?" she asked of Izuna knowing she could trust him to do this work for her so she had time to keep calm and set up the actual training camps for everyone.

"Good. If they know, they'll fight harder. We're all in this for you, Eira," he said with his hands upon the back of his head yet again. This pose seemed to be a favored position of Izuna's when he was floating about. The plan proposed by Eira was pretty straightforward, though Izuna had something extra in mind. If anything, this peerage's master was one for tact, and even Izuna could see some of the more likely decisions she would come to whenever she came to realize what he and Youmu could see. He would be contributing to the likelihood of this development, as such. "I'll have everybody round up by the end of the day, assuming nobody dies or gets suspended before then. Catch ya' later, Eira." With that said, Izuna made himself invisible again. Assuming he was not stopped prior to his departure, he would not return until the end of the school day, when he had the rest of Eira's peerage in tow.

"I know..." she said of the fact that all of her peerage were involved with this situation for her and her alone. "Thank you, Izuna~" she said and she well and truly meant it. When her Queen left under the assumption he'd be gathering their friends for an impromptu training camp, she stayed where she was. Of the last things she created, she remade her chess board and began a game. Her own mind spinning around the idea that she could use any three pieces to make her stand against the idea of being forced into a marriage with a man she didn't know, who also didn't suit her ideals. She'd busy herself with this while the school day passed.

In the afternoon after the last bell one of the first to arrive would be Miyuki who appeared to still be in her school uniform. "Eira-nee did something happen?" she asked, seeming to think it odd that she had to come here instead of her club activities, which made Eira smile. "Kind of, I'll say what when everyone else gets here," said Eira as Youmu walked through a wall and took her customary seat on the left arm of Eira's chair. "That's how she says, saying something more than once will upset her," mentioned Youmu. "Good afternoon, Buchou," she said knowing well that their younger members had a sisterly relationship with their leader and called her by name when alone with her, but when they were in the club room they were all about club business. "Hello, Youmu. I'm sorry you have to skip kendo practice," she said most apologetically. "No worries, it isn't like I need to practice in the first place..." mentioned as they waited for the group at large to find out what reason had them skipping their school activities.

Soon after the arrival of Miyuki and Youmu, two other members of Eira's peerage showed themselves. The first to step in was the blonde Bishop, Hiroki. He led the way for the newest member of the peerage, Takumi, who'd yet to make the journey to the old schoolhouse himself. "Buchou," Hiroki said with a gentle bow before stepping off to the side. Takumi followed suit, offering a brief nod. "Buchou," he repeated. Only a couple of members were missing at this point. Rather, only one was missing. Instead of taking a place on the right arm of Eira's throne as per usual, Izuna had long since been sitting on the back of her seat. When it became obvious that Maiko was the only one left to appear, he became visible from his perch. "Buchou Buchou Buchou~. No love for me at all."

Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast