Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [Fairy Tail] Headquarters

[Fairy Tail] Headquarters

Fairy Tail's first headquarters resided in an imposing building consisting of three floors and incorporating several architectonic styles: it took on a shape reminiscent of a pagoda, with each floor being smaller than the one below it and sitting on the latter's roof. The roofs also bore great resemblance to those of real pagoda, consisting of extremely long, arched tiles lined up one after the other and possessing simple curved protrusions jutting upwards on the building's angles. On the highest roof, topping the summit of the building, sat a simple, round and pointed dome, highly reminiscent of those seen on Arabian buildings, which bore a flag on its point. The roof below the one with the dome, the middle one, housed a large banner with Fairy Tail's symbol on it, held up by a pair of vertical poles. The building's large entrance was again Arabian in design, with its shape being reminiscent of that of the dome on the summit, and above it was the guild's name, topped by a protruding, stylized heart shape and flanked by a pair of carved fairies. Stylized heart shapes were also visible on the frames of the numerous, large pentagonal windows located on each floor, with the top floor housing smaller, arched windows partially covered by banners.

Interior Design

First Floor - The inside was similar to a large lunch hall, and mainly consisted of wood, possessing a parquet floor and a mezzanine held up by wood beams overlooking it. Several long benches and the related tables stretched across its length with a bar managed by [INSERT CHARACTER NAME HERE] at the end. Several other waitresses also assisted her. The request board was located beside the bar.

Second Floor - The second floor, which is strictly off limits to everyone under S-Class, contained another request board which is dedicated strictly to S-Class Jobs, off-limits to everyone except S-Class Mages. The floor appears to have a few, small round tables and chairs seated around the tables for sitting. In addition, there are also barrels, crates, and bags scattered in corners around the room. The S-Class Request Board is located on this floor. It is a brown, decorative board that is set off into its own area of the hall. It is adorned by velvet curtains, which are tied with golden tassels.

Basement - The guild also had a basement, which had a stone floor and housed several round tables complete with chairs, as well as a number of barrels piled up one on the other and some wooden crates. The walls seemed to consists of cement reinforced with wood beams, and other, coarse wood beams placed vertically held up the ceiling, with smaller ones branching off from them horizontally and connecting them to the walls and to each other. The concept of the wooden beams are not unlike that of English Tudor homes. From one of such horizontal beams, facing the stairs leading to the room, hung a sign reading "Fairy Tail Basement"

Job Openings -

Bar Manager

By the guidance of one Iris Sweeney, the blonde man in a tattered brown cloak, called Camus Denikin, encroached upon the Fairy Tail Guild Headquarters. He stopped just outside the building to admire its craft. In his time, he had seen many a Guild, but few even compared to a place such as this. "So this is Fairy Tail, huh..." he muttered, finding himself absolutely awe-stricken by such a sight. "I shouldn't just barge in. After you," the blonde said to the woman who showed him the way to this place.

Iris came to the front of her home, the Fairy Tail Guild Headquarters. Right at the moment, such a thing was filled with nostalgia for her, because she remembered being in the same position that young man was in not too long ago. She smiled as she looked at her home and nodded. "Hai, just keep a sharp eye out. Everyone gets a bit... excitable from time to time." she said as she walked into the doors and into the first floor of the hall. This was set up like a large lunch hall with wooden benches and a bar in the back. At at the bar was standing a rather tall blue haired woman in rather extravagant dress who seemed to be taking care of everything.

But beyond that there were several dozen mages sitting around at tables talking loudly with a few of them practically yelling at each other across the room. It was threats but most everyone seemed to be in a good mood regardless. "Harlot, bet you won't come over here and say that to my face." said one young woman. "Bet I will, and you won't do anything about it." the other retorted. As this happened the blue haired woman would simply smile and shake her head. "Oi, both of you should sit down and eat. I swear if I have to come over there you won't like it."she said with a huge grin on her face, though there was something ever so threatening in this woman's demeanor. Right at that moment both of the seemingly hostile mages calmed down. "Sorry, Aine-nee." they both said before returning to glaring at each other. It would be then that this young woman's eyes would shift and she'd start talking to the girl so recently entered. "Iris, you're back~ How'd it go out there? Oh, you brought a friend." asked the older woman with that same smile on her face.

"I'm sure it can't be that bad," Camus said nonchalantly while following Iris into the Guild Headquarters. He was under the assumption that things could not be as rowdy as Iris made it sound, but the noise from within these walls was seemingly greater than the sound of the train he had recently departed. The man was quite obviously taken aback for a moment, but he knew when he was being addressed by the woman he assumed to be a high-ranking member of the Guild, at the very least. Stepping up beside Iris, he leaned toward the lass and spoke gently. "So, this Aine... Is she really the Guild Master?"

While all the insanity was seeming to calm down around the Guild, a cloud of mist materialized in the area surrounding Aine. This mist accumulated atop the bar counter, eventually taking the form of a man with red eyes and messy white hair, wearing monk garbs from head to toe including large prayer beads with protruding shikigami tags, and even a khakkhara in hand. This man, once fully formed from the mist, sat atop the counter with his legs in cross formation, and both arms and the khakkhara in his lap. From this position, he spoke directly to Aine. "This is what you signed up for. Those two won't change, you know..."

Within the guild it seemed that Iris' new friend was taking a moment to get acclimated to the sounds of the hall. It was just as rowdy as the girl had mentioned so she couldn't help but smile a bit. Even so, she'd been addressed directly by Aine and as such she'd answer the blue haired woman with a grin on her face. "Everything went fine. I am even ready~" she mentioned to the taller older woman. Removing from her person, 8 large gems each containing 100,000 jewel. "Look it, I can pay my rent for almost a year~" she mentioned with a smile. This had been her overall goal for her most recent jobs. After a moment though her new companion spoke to her, so she diverted her attention to him. "Uh, yeah, Sis, is the Guild Master, she's pretty fresh on though... but you shouldn't let that get to you. She's nice." she said with a quick nod of her head, whispering so as to keep that part of the conversation between herself and Camus.

Meanwhile Aine looked at the girl's display a large grin crossing over her face. "Good for you. I'll set it up for you so you can pick your place later." she said with a knowing smile. The girl had been trying to get into Fairy Hills for the last year or so, and didn't want to do so until she'd made enough to pay her rent several months in advance. With the kind of hard work this girl was putting in, the large sum she had was no surprise to the blue haired woman. What was though was the appearance of a certain white haired male sitting atop the bar, materializing out of the mist. "Eh, no sitting on the bar, Buu-chan~" she said giving a gentle shoo'ing motion to the man who appeared to be around the same age as her. "And I didn't sign up to referee their fights, though I've been doing it all along. And I definitely didn't sign up to play barmaid. Ugh, being Guild Master is tiring... Buu-chan wanna switch for a while, and I'll go off on the dangerous missions and you can sit here and do stuff?~" she said rolling her eyes and leaning against the bar. She was only joking for the most part, but she couldn't help but feel like she was missing out on the fun of being an S-class Mage by being in the guild all the time. She'd noticed the new comer but wished to give him a chance to speak for himself. Many people found the atmosphere of this guild a bit overwhelming.

"I see... Interesting," Camus replied to the girl he'd so recently met. If this woman before him was the Guild's master, then she was indeed the one he needed to speak with. With this in mind, he stepped forward and bowed. "Err... hello. I'm Camus Denikin, a Celestial Spirit Mage. Iris said I should speak with you about joining the Guild..."

Meanwhile, the monk-esque male atop the counter remained steadfast. He had always sat atop this place, and he would not be changing this habit easily. "Of course you did. Surely you can't mean to tell me you hadn't taken this into account when agreeing to take the Guild. If this is the case, then I have no sympathy for you. I'll keep the missions, and I'll leave the bickering ladies to you. But... I'm still not giving up my chair," he said ever so nonchalantly. When the man's speech ended, a younger male hopped down from the floor above. This young man had teal hair, and green eyes with slit pupils akin to those of a dragon. He wore black jeans, and a grey turtle-neck sweater beneath a black overcoat with a raised hood. "You should listen to your new master, Genbu. People never agreed with your ass being on their drinking table, anyway," he said to the white-haired man. "Interesting words from one who cannot drink," the man replied. The teal-haired lad would ignore this, choosing instead to light a cigarette while addressing Aine, also ignoring the others in the immediate area. "Anything new that hasn't been posted upstairs yet? All the ones on the board look boring."

A bit of a smirk came to the young girl's face as her new friend finally made his intentions known. She stepped to the side while Aine hopped over the bar and stood before the young man who'd introduced himself as a Celestial Spirit Mage. A bit of a grin came to the Guild Master's face as she approached and had a proper look at the young man before her. "Eh, Celestial Spirit Mage, huh? I haven't seen one of those in a while, what keys do you have?" she asked as if it was one of the simplest questions in the world, completely ignoring the bow given to her so she could gage this boy's character instead. Iris gave an apologetic look while she watched, not knowing exactly what to expect from Aine in this situation.

While Aine waited for a response from this young man she heard the response given by Genbu and found herself chuckling just a tad. "I should have known you wouldn't agree. Of course, I knew I wouldn't be able to just go about as I had before and do stuff... but no one told me I'd be glorified baby-sitter either. Come on... just a couple of days, I am burning to do something more interesting." she said with a huge grin on her face. Iris just looked wide eyed. Though she always expected candid answers from her Guild Master, she didn't know the woman didn't like the more passive duties required of her while being a Guild Master. Still she had something else to offer the older woman which would be beneficial to them both. "If you want, I'll take over as Barmaid... for a small fee of course." she offered with the smallest smile on her face. She'd rather have a steady job to keep up with the money she'd need for her rent. Beyond that the entrance of another male from the floor above made the older blue haired woman chuckle just a bit. "Oh, I didn't know you were up there. I don't have anything better than what's up there right now. I'd have to check my desk to see if anything better has come in... and to be fair, I haven't been there all day. And sure, we'll talk the fee over in a bit, hm?" she said to the teal haired young man and the dark haired girl. Beyond this the two girls who had been fighting before were now done glaring at each other and were instead speaking to this teal haired young man in unison.

"Hi, Axel~" they said only to look at each other and start arguing again, much to the distaste of the woman known as the Guild Master. And upon realizing that they were both speaking to the same individual they seemed to get mad at each other all over again, going back to arguing at each other from different tables. This, was mildly amusing to the girl who planned to be the barmaid in this place for a while after this point in time. "Oh, you have fans, Axel~" she commented with a huge grin on her face.

"I have err... about seven keys. There are a few Silvers, Aquarius, Virgo, Aries, and... Leo." These were the words of Camus when he was asked to provide information about his keys. He soon rose from his bow, finding his left hand resting behind his head while rattling his brain for any information he would be asked for in the immediate future. He did, after all, expect more questions.

"Ugh!" said the young man apparently known as Axel. "Let me know if you find anything on your desk, yeah? I'm kinda antsy, but all the jobs I found sounded like more time spent traveling than actually working on the job." Axel occupied himself with the cigarette in his mouth, much to the distaste of the white-haired male who finally left the bar counter to escape the smoke. While watching the man walk away, Axel let his gaze fall upon the pair of lasses making an effort to greet him in unison. "Yo," was all he said to the pair. As for the follow-up commentary by Iris, he took another drag from his cigarette, and shifted his eyes toward the lass. "Fans, huh? That's what you call that?"

Aine heard out what the boy in front of her had to say about his keys. And used what he said to gauge his talents as a Celestial Spirit Mage. Actually, by what he said he had to be a very good one, most of the ones she'd ever came across never had more than a couple of keys, and the ones representing the Zodiac were very rare beyond that. "What!? You have 4 Gold Keys. That's... well... astonishing, actually." she said seemingly without words. Taking in the boy's countenance and his behavior and she saw nothing outwardly wrong with him but the fact that he was such a talented mage but not in a Guild made her a bit curious. "So, then one more question, why here?" she asked. This was a very simple question for her and would tell her all she needed to know about this boy, or at least she hoped it would. And in giving him a bit more time to figure out what he wanted to say, she'd address the young man known as Axel. "Yeah, I know the feeling. If I find something good, I'll send it your way... you have my word." the blue haired older woman finished only to await a proper response from the blonde young man before her.

Meanwhile the arguing guild mates seemed to quiet immediately. Such quiet was immediately followed but a squeal and then the whispering of said to young women who then kept looking in the young man's direction while rather opening discussing him. Watching this from the bar area, the girl known as Iris could only grin and nod. Since the other S-Class Mage Genbu had fled the area due to smoke she took up place next to Axel and simply nodded given the girl's rather interesting reaction. "Yeah, that is exactly what fans do. Don't get close, openly discuss, get in arguments with other fans about who is more devout." she said with a knowing smirk. Those two were rather young, and it wasn't very surprising that they managed to idolize this particular young man. He was good looking, powerful and older than them, making him instantly appealing to them. "But enough about those two... how ya' been?" she asked of the young man known as Axel.

"Is it?" Camus asked. "I didn't think that was the case. I've never met another Celestial Spirit Mage, so I figured it was about normal." Of all the questions he thought he'd be asked, the last thing Camus expected to come from Aine's mouth was the question of why he chose here. It didn't take much thought to come up with an answer, but he gave himself a moment to think of how it would be worded. When Aine was ready to hear his response, he was ready to give it. "I won't lie... Guilds and I have never really agreed. I've always wanted to do jobs for far less than what Guilds charge. Small jobs that Guilds would take for a few thousand Jewels, I've done for free. Most Guilds I've been to saw no point in me being a part of the Guild if my intention was to take jobs from other members, leaving them without the income while getting none myself. It doesn't have to be this Guild. It could be any that accepted that this is the kind of person I am."

"Looking forward to it," Axel replied to the Guildmaster next to him. Following his conversation with this woman, Iris took her place beside him, insisting that the two female Guild members having their argument were fan girls, and giving evidence to support the fact. "Meh, I guess. They're both alright though, so I guess I've got no problems with it." With that said, the teal-haired man took a seat on a bar stool. A few puffs later, he turned to face Iris again. "I've been going out of my mind for weeks 'cause I can't find a good job. I've been thinking about taking one from down here just because the ones upstairs are trash. Anything new with you? Surely you've found a boyfriend by now."

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast