Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [3rd Division] Headquarters & Barracks

"I'm not even gonna entertain that," he said regarding the topic of the redhead's planning, or lack thereof, in whichever case. As for the matter of his apparent work ethic, he huffed. Whatever Benihime meant to imply had gone right over his head. "More like a lack of boredom. I couldn't stop sleeping back at the dojo, but as soon as we left, everything was alright. And if you want, you can go ahead and tell her the training was boring. I tell her every time we meet; it's like my hello for her." As Shusuke spoke, he held his left hand on its respective hip, and waved his right hand about in the air simply to maintain a certain amount of body language to carry his point. When Benihime went on to mention the fun to be had in the Seireitei. He was sure there were many things to be considered noteworthy, but what she chose to mention was a festival. She was certainly aware of the disinterest he showed in such things as this, but the cutting of the redhead's eyes toward Tirena could not go unnoticed, even if the latter's reaction had escaped him. Benihime's departure was accompanied by a sigh from the brunette male; she hadn't exactly left him in a simple predicament. "Yare yare. She's always like that; don't pay her any mind."

Benihime's interaction with Shusuke had gone about as well as she'd expected. The constant mention of this lad's sleepiness back in the Dojo was something she pushed aside and that she related directly to his lazy nature. She thought to see how good he'd become in her absence but now wouldn't be the time for that as she obviously had other plans. At the redhead's leave, Tirena said good bye as well, before she disappeared from sight, by method of Shunpo. "Ja ne, Niwatoko-san. Thanks for telling me about the festival!~" she said, making her obvious excitement about this known. Though Tirena wouldn't know this, the redhead mostly mentioned the festival so that Shusuke would know that Tirena wanted to go, but given the lad's lack of interest in the festival itself, she doubted he'd noticed the girl's excited reaction. Tirena's own words would be a more direct link, boosting the girl's unknown status as an epic wing-person.

Regardless of this, Tirena shrugged off any mention of the girl's strangeness, which according to Shusuke she was always like. "Iie, seems like she has a pretty good handle of what's going on. I always wondered what those top two from the last class were like, and she seems nice. There was a lot said about the last couple of years, I've seen some scary strong young people just ease right past me in skill and out of the Academy. It's nice that they aren't scary outside of massive intellect and skills," mentioned Tirena who was about average as far as her actual learning and skills were concerned, not that she was lacking by any means. She'd give this a few seconds to settle before she said anything else. In the meantime the Vice-Captain had ushered off the rest of the new recruits to doing other things, like settling in. "Oi, I meant to say, we don't have any duties sorted out for you just yet, take some time get settled in and look around the Seireitei before patrols and regular duties start up," she mentioned, letting this group of youngsters know that they weren't going to have any 'real work' for the day. This also made Tirena's eyes widen just a tad, because it made the idea of attending the festival even more real to her.

Tirena's response to the redhead warranted a raised brow from Shusuke. 'People actually like those things?' he wondered. As far as he was concerned, something like a festival was widely considered meaningless... at least, that was his assumption. Whatever the case, he cleared his mind of the thought. He was an officer within one of the 13 Divisions now, and such a thing surely meant his first day would be one filled with wonder and various tasks of different quality. "That's the point; it seems like it. She'll get in your head if you keep listening to her. It was an epidemic in Rukongai once." With that said, Shusuke looked toward the Vice-Captain of this Division, expecting a few tasks to be dished out right away. This would easily give him an out to this whole festival ordeal Benihime was trying to push him into. Sadly, the blue-haired woman's speech did not at all give him any sort of loophole. "Really, nothing? Mendokuse! I need something to do here!" he exclaimed, hoping something would come up for his daily activities.

While Shusuke was surprised at the idea that someone might actually like a festival, Tirena was worried she might not have time to attend given the new duties they were bound to have. 'Oh no! What if I have too much to do?!' she mentally questioned. But aloud there was the issue which Shusuke brought up, which was the fact that his friend only seemed nice. She was warned that the young redhead could apparently get into her mind if she kept listening to her, and that somehow this had been an epidemic at some point within the Rukongai. "An epidemic?! Really? That is a strange thing to say about your friend, but I'm sure there's a good reason for it..." there was a pause in Tirena's speech as she tried to consider how one would come to such a conclusion and perhaps she was even mildly interested in probing Shusuke's brain for the extra information. Except that in this moment, the unspoken question in their minds was being answered, unassumingly by their Vice-Captain which caused the girl to silently pump her arm in excitement at her current amount of free time.

Her happiness in this moment seemed to directly contrast with Shusuke's apparent want for something to do. Surely he could likely pester someone into giving him a task, but in this moment Tirena had a bit of an idea. "Ano, if you need something to do..." she started. "You could come with me to the festival, I mean... it'd give us a chance to talk before we get thrown straight into the work of our ranks..." she said sheepishly. She didn't know whether this young man was interested in the festival or not, but she knew she could at least ask him, since he seemed to distraught by his lack of work.

"I can think of about eighty reasons right away," Shusuke said as his final piece regarding the redhead. Moving right along from that, an interjection came from Tirena about Shusuke needing something to do. The shock of the moment immediately swept over him, as if it were an all-consuming entity aiming to devour his being where he stood. 'Don't invite me to the festival, don't invite me to the festival, don't...' His silent prayer went unheard by whatever god could have answered, as the next words from Tirena's mouth were an invite. "Sh-" he started, nearly swearing aloud without thinking first. All things considered, he had an eye for the lass he was presently in the company of, but... he really disliked festivals. "Sure... I'll go to the... festival. With you."

Tirena chuckled. She had a few friends who would have likely had similar things to say about her, especially during her time in the Academy. She couldn't really figure out if the boy thought something was supremely wrong with his friend or not, but it didn't really matter. As their conversation progressed, Tirena eventually ended up inviting the boy along on her journey knowing she would end up going to the festival regardless of her other activities. A second of hesitation came but, the orange haired girl was slightly oblivious to the reason for the initial stutter. She didn't assume his dislike of the festival and instead simply made the assumption that he wasn't expecting to be asked out in such a straight forward manner. Eventually he recovered a small giggle escaped the young woman, those ocean blue eyes of hers shown with extreme excitement as she nodded. "Awesome! I'll meet you back here in about half an hour? I want to get changed first!" she mentioned seemingly excited about her outing with her new cute friend/ former classmate, as she bounded off to change clothing to something more fitting for the occasion.

"H-... hai. See you soon," he replied. He was content then to be on his way, presumably to change his own attire. There was only one place he could go for this purpose, and while he was at it, there was another thing he could do in the vicinity. First and foremost though, since he only had half an hour at his disposal, he had to seek out a particular relative of his to acquire a few articles of clothing. If he was going to be attending a festival after all, he supposed it wouldn't be acceptable to do so wearing a Shihakushou. 'Chikushou! A five second reunion, and she throws me into some shit again,' he thought while making his way toward other areas of the Seireitei.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12