Thread: [Atlantic Ocean] Gorgades

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The words of the pair struck a chord within Athos the likes of which he did not enjoy at all. Though he hadn't expected them to arrive, he could easily piece together the reasons for said arrival. The woman's speech made this clearer yet; there was only one thing that could be made more difficult by him resisting in this scenario, and it was connected directly to Poseidon's orders.

"Come on now; we're going to take you back home. You'll be made into a spectacle there, but your death will be as kind as we can manage, kiddo," said the Atlantean male. These two were apparently quite attached to Athos from the boy's time spent in Atlantis. Still, their job had to be done, and that job now involved seeing to the half-Gorgon's death. Now that it was a thought, the male looked around the area and gave heavy consideration to where they currently were. "At the very least, you can obviously say hunting Gorgons was your last activity. There's honor in that."

Athos had gone completely still. These people were once very precious to him, and now they were here to end his life. Poseidon had reached very low into a bag of dirt to pull something like this. He was still, but a mighty trembling sensation plagued him just beneath the skin. Even his voice emerged in a somewhat more timid than normal manner when he finally spoke. "I... could just kill you here. All of you."

In the moment that this pair of people were speaking, Deianira in all her infinite wisdom decided to have a drink. A red solo cup was produced from within her quiver and she filled it with golden liquor while listening to all present speak. Those silver eyes of hers never lost a hint of that particularly savage glow as she watched the moon rise over the horizon. Her gaze shifted only slightly, when Athos finally decided to speak. His words, were about what she expected of him in a moment like this. The trembling boy, who only wanted to be left alone, kept being confronted by people who wanted to keep doing rude and savage things to him for stuff which had nothing to do with him. She sighed and upon finishing half the cup looked to the lad at her side. The blonde young woman seemed to be stunned that the shy lad had even uttered anything resembling a threat towards them, "You can't threaten us, this is the way it has to be," she said seeming to defend her desire to the end. The still drinking raven haired lass spoke up then, with a smile on her face. "Nope, not at all the way it has to be. It's the way you're making it..." she said, if Athos would be cross for her interfering she might as well say what she wanted to in this moment. Her words brought the blonde haired lass' attention to her but only to look at her as if she'd grown another head.

"Well, I mean... you threatened him first. It's only natural he'd say something like that, but by the look of him he doesn't want to, it's just the easiest reaction, the first one to come to mind," she said with a grin spreading across her face, as the woman with her fish fins thought about it for a second her eyes widening at the assertion. "From his perspective you're invading his land, bringing up bad memories, and taking away the little comfort he's managed to find with his own two hands," she said to give a bit of perspective on the role this pair and their legion of soldiers were playing. She knew Poseidon wanted the lad at her side dead, she had no idea why aside from the obvious problem of who the boy's mother was, but that wasn't his fault, and since the boy had been exiled twice from everything he'd known as home, it wasn't anyone's place to come and take it from him. She thought this pair who might have known him before deserved a bit more perspective, like the things drunken people think of in the middle of a stupor. "But I get it. You're just following orders," she mentioned aloud to this pair before her.

"Cocky, cocky!" was the male's retort. He and the woman at his side were among the best Atlantis had to offer, and certainly the strongest members of its military force to date. Even individually, they were legendary in being second only to Poseidon himself. Not even one such as Athos had ever stood much of a chance. "You may be the son of Poseidon, but you're still just a whelp to us. I don't know why he thought we were needed to bring you in, but there's no way you're getting out of this."

Athos knew better. In truth, he would have always been more capable than this pair, but his powers as the son of Poseidon were not the first abilities to manifest themselves fully in him. No... his first true showing of power was what resulted in his exile from Atlantis. As a child, Athos bloomed the way Gorgons did - an act that Poseidon could not accept while others knew Athos was his son. It wasn't until after banishment that he truly delved into his abilities as a proper demigod, meaning the residents of Atlantis would have no idea what he was truly capable of at this point in time. "You're wrong, Archippos," he said, still shaking beneath the skin.

Before his next response to Athos, the man apparently known as Archippos had words to share with Deianira. "It doesn't matter what anyone wants to do, or what anyone thinks they can do. We're taking the boy. If you plan on interfering, you'll make an enemy of Poseidon himself. Just leave us to our job," he said, though one thing spoken by Deianira was strange enough that he was soon looking toward the blonde woman at his side. "His land?" he wondered aloud.

Deianira shook her head, even so she figured she might as well finish her drink before anything bad happens. This male's reaction to Athos was about what the girl at his side expected. "Uh-huh... probably because an army of fodder is still fodder" she quipped as an idea for why Poseidon sent the pair of them along. "Or because he thought familiar faces might make him hesitate to defend himself, which would make Poseidon a bit of a jerk... But...who knows~" she said with a chuckle as she finished off her drink and tucked her cup away. If there was one thing Deianira knew about gods, by having one for a parent it was that they could be incredibly petty and fairly easy to read beyond their divine status. And the more she spoke with Athos and learned about the boy, the more she thought that Poseidon might be one of those secretly nefarious types with a good public persona.

Regardless of this, the blonde girl chose now to speak as well, but to Athos as he spoke of how wrong the man named Archippos was. "He's not wrong! There isn't anything to be done, it is bad enough without some strange sense of false bravado!" the young woman seemed rather easily agitated and all of this happened while Deianira stretched and flexed her fingers. It appeared this pair wouldn't simply talk it out and that was almost a shame, but she had no attachment to them and only wanted the boy's well being. At a time it might have been true of them as well, but right now they were making themselves very easy enemies. 'Anything you need, I've got your back...' she mentioned to Athos in the same way she had during his fight with Chrysaor. With all these people coming out of the woodwork against him, she felt he deserved someone on his side. The actions of the freshly crowned Gorgon King, were nothing but virtuous and he was simply trying to find his home. Beyond this point it seemed that, they were content to try and start this fight with Athos, but when Archippos statements became directed at her she smiled widely. Her silvery gaze shifted towards Athos and she shrugged her shoulders absently her hands finding themselves tucked into the belts at her waist.

"I don't plan on interfering in anything. I've been hanging out with him for a few weeks now, and if I know anything it's that he's perfectly capable of taking care of himself in a fight," said the girl, but she remained steadfast regardless. "But, I didn't know if he'd want to try and talk it out or not, and I'd be wrong to abandon him just now. And Poseidon is pretty low on my totem pole right now so... I don't really care if I make him mad or not. I'd take a few off Athos' hands if he wanted me to," she said with the same amount of sincerity she always seemed to have. "Blasphemy!" was the only word spoken by the girl at the young man's side.

Archippos had heard enough from both of these teens. Athos was offering nothing but claims to power he'd never shown himself to be even potentially capable of, and the girl with him spoke ill of their lord Poseidon, while also undermining the power of Atlantis in claiming some ability to handle part of their army. "Both of you kids are making this harder than it should be. Thea, grab the kid," he said as his left hand rose to signal the legion at the island's shore. The collective power of Atlantis' legion was so great that a massive tidal wave rose in mere moments, threatening to encompass the entire island they stood on.

Athos sighed again. This truly was something he didn't want to deal with, and yet, it seemed Gorgades was not the safe haven he expected it to be. Poseidon would follow him to the ends of the Earth; there had to be something else to do. Regardless, Athos had no intentions of dying. Both of his hands rose in the face of the encroaching tidal wave. He was beginning to apply his own ability to control water at a much higher caliber than the others were capable of. His struggle was apparent, but the wave slowed to eventual stillness after a matter of ten seconds or so. Control of so much water at once was something far greater than anything Archippos had ever seen, but he was not deterred. Surely the deterrent would come soon enough though, as Athos did not stop upon halting the water; he went on to use it for the purpose of entrapping the entire legion in a massive bubble.

"I haven't done anything, yet~" Deianira chimed her general playful manner seeming to maintain itself. But it was clear beyond all things that Archippos was done with the conversation side of this. He signaled and the Atlantean Army soon rose up only to be quelled by Athos' use of water, as the boy slowed the water down to a snails pace and used it to capture the whole of the army. "Fine, just be read..." she started a sentence and moved to grab the boy, only to be stunned by his use of water manipulation. She wasn't aware he had this ability at all on such a scale, still, if she let such a thing move her into inaction she wouldn't be a good soldier.

It was more than obvious to the girl known as Thea, that Athos was under quite a bit of strain holding the army together, if she could disrupt him their little farce would come to an end. The bracelet around her arm descended becoming a blade of water which she'd aim to use by moving towards the boy, but, her movements would be interrupted once more. Before she could reach the boy to do anything, Deianira had drawn her bow and under the moon light it'd grown into a long bow which she used to fire multiple moon light based arrows at this woman's feet, so many that she jumped backwards to avoid her lower body being impaled, dozens of times, and maintained her previously established distance to Athos. "Oops, my finger slipped," Deianira mentioned, as if to further make this obvious only the index finger of her left hand rested on bow string her middle finger was soon added to it as she drew back again. Thea stared at this young woman with the understanding that her finger couldn't have slipped at all with that line of arrows fired, she'd done so intentionally. The sliver light in Deianira's eyes shined with deviousness, but she said nothing to the look being given to her by Thea. "That looks like a giant fish bowl. It's a pretty interesting trap," she said seeming amused. "So am I aiming to maim or kill?" she asked as easily as she had any conversation. She didn't know what she should be aiming at, but she could cover most of what was in front of her with rapid fire of moon beams which wouldn't be deflected and couldn't miss their targets, such was her power. She simply needed to know what kind of damages to aim for, lest the young lad with her feel bad at some point later in their interactions.