Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [Atlantic Ocean] Gorgades

"Firssst... maybe you should do something about that lisp," said Athos as he pulled himself off the floor and, metaphorically speaking, pulled himself back together as well. Before the peak of his rise, a shimmer appeared in Athos' periphery. He did not look toward it, but he didn't need to, as a voice entered his mind before he even could. What he heard within his subconscious was the voice that had plagued him for days on end with its constant attempts at involvement with his ordeals. No response was given... At least, not by Athos. Chrysaor did respond to the girl's existence after whiffing the air around him. "There. You're the one. I've been waiting for two years, but you've finally come. The Huntressss... my perfect Gorgon Queen."

Athos had no clue what sort of interaction Chrysaor thought he was having with the female demigod, but that didn't matter; he was distracted now. With this extra few moments of rest, he took up the Boa Sword gifted to him by Hephaestus, and held it at the ready.

A mental chuckle came from Deianira as Athos spoke, aloud and to the man she supposed was his brother, given she knew of is other familial relations. She supposed if nothing else, it was nice to note that his lack of manners seemed to extend in all directions, and not just hers. Regardless of this fact though, it would appear she'd been spotted and not by any method she'd expected. The now distracted Gorgon King, spoke directly to her in a fashion she didn't rightly expect, but since she now knew for a fact that he knew of her presence she hid it no longer. She felt more than a mild bit of confusion at his words, mostly the idea that she was somehow perfect to be his queen. "Huntress? Yeah, but I am pretty sure I am lacking at least a couple of qualifications to be a 'Gorgon' Queen, or anyone's queen really," the girl stated as she watched her companion pull himself together and ready his sword. "Also, no idea why you'd be waiting for me, we haven't met... I never forget a face~" she chimed, and though that was true there were several things equally more remarkable in this moment. "Or another archer," obviously she could be a bit of a distraction to Chrysaor in this moment, and she'd do so to help out Athos, if only because it seemed like the smaller boy could accurately use the given advantage, no matter how small it was.

"No. You are the queen... the other bow-wielding Gorgon. There is no greater truth," said Chrysaor. In truth, though Chrysaor had once paid the price of his own eyesight, but it had come with the secret benefit of sight beyond sight. He was a seer, in some respect. He had foreseen the huntress, Deianira, entering his throne room with the scent of a Gorgon upon her. Surely this vision could not have led him astray, as none of his others - including that which foretold his rise to kingship - had done so before. "Could it be... the two of you came together?" he asked while shifting his head toward Athos, who stopped dead in his tracks in that very moment. Whilst this conversation had been such a distraction, Athos had begun slithering toward Chrysaor by taking an arc approach to the side opposite to Deianira. He'd hoped to make use of his sword by approaching in such a way, bu Chrysaor remained aware of the boy's presence at all times. To silence his approach further, Chrysaor readied his bow by pointing it in Athos' direction, loading into it an arrow of great proportions that seemed to take unrivaled amounts of brute strength to even draw back. As he made these movements so powerful in nature, the enchanted fabric wrapped around his body seemed to somehow be stretching, not to accommodate his movements, but to hinder them from a would-be greater state. "You will not sneak up on me, son of Poseidon. Be still as I speak with my queen."

"No greater truth? That seems a bit set in stone..." she said with a small chuckle. "No pun intended of course. Well... maybe just a little. It was funny," she said in reference to her own joke. Still this boy spoke as if he'd seen her with the sight beyond that of his normal form, which was the only way such a thing was possible considering he was likely blind by his mannerisms. Regardless, Deianira felt the need to clear up a few things. "I'm not a Gorgon at all, I'm a demigod. Child of Dionysus and separately from that Artemis' chosen Huntress. It is literally impossible for me to be the 'Queen' in your vision, I couldn't be a Huntress anymore if I was..." Deianira managed. She watched casually as Athos shifted around and hoped he would strike soon, but it seemed that the massive gorgon king was more than aware of his younger brother's movements. Deianira's eyes widened as she watched Chrysaor but arrow to bow, with a strength she'd not seen in a demigod in quite some time. And beyond that was quite acutely aware of the movements of the ribbons which seemed to hold back his person.

'You should be very careful. The tensile strength behind that arrow is going to be greater than anything I've ever seen produced. If it hits you, it'll go straight through...' she mentioned that warning with the warm telepathic whisper she'd given the lad Athos before. "The strength required to use that bow is massive. I'm impressed," she said, and there was a great amount of truth in that sentiment, but still... there was the matter of how she'd arrived in this place. "I'm just looking out for a new friend. He got here before me, but I was arguing with myself about whether he'd be upset if I followed him here..." she said honestly. This conversation was something of a distraction, and the golden clad young woman would keep it up. Though she knew her words could likely be taken as flirtatious she didn't mean them as such, she was, in fact, being as honest about her life situation as she possibly could, so that Chrysaor should he continue living after this situation wouldn't get the wrong idea. All the girl knew were platonic relationships, because that is all she could know and keep the full range of powers she currently possessed. This included her ability to use a bow which wasn't something she'd give up, especially given how much it allowed her to help her friends.

"... Hmph," was Athos' response. He'd take the warning of Deianira, but it didn't much matter. He knew the power wielded by his brother was beyond the comprehension of mortals, but of the multitude of reasons Athos himself had been banished by the elder Gorgon, one was the fact that Athos boasted powers Chrysaor could not possess: the powers of their father. As such, the white-haired boy's free left hand touched the floor beneath him, causing finite tremors in the ground to bring rise to a pillar of rock in front of him. As this formed, Chrysaor continued speaking to Deianira. "So you did come together. No matter. Old tomes tell of those blessed by Artemis; some were foolish enough to try hunting us in the past. There are methods for keeping the blessing, and methods for fixing this... lack of Gorgon blood. As king, I hold these powers. Or... are you too attached to this mistake?" Chrysaor's ending query spoke of Athos. He knew of the wall this boy attempted to use as a shield, but he knew more of his own strength. He released the arrow he'd been holding, resulting in an audible effect akin to a small sonic boom as it blasted through the stone wall, and the floor thereafter. Between these two things was a splatter of blood, visible from either side of the barrier, but not a single sound came from Athos. "The boy will never be upset. He'll never be anything. He was never anything more than a clump of genes and powers that should have never coexisted. Join me, huntress. As you can see, my power is more than enough to do something about that curse you were given by Artemis."

'Acknowledgement~' the young woman chimed in her own head of course. The words of Chrysaor were quite interesting and new to her. She'd never before heard of a method which would allow her to keep her powers as a huntress, while being anywhere near remotely normal. If this had been a normal situation she might have probed his mind further, but it was obvious to her that he only intended to share such information, if he could be the one to make use of it. Such a deal wasn't at all something Deianira would find herself agreeing to at any point now, or in the future. Beyond this, she could not very well tolerate the sort of attitude boasted by Chrysaor in this moment. "Mistake?" she frowned in this moment, something very rare in the case of the normally jovial huntress. In fact, even when she was upset she normally wouldn't allow herself to actually do anything other than smile. Even so, she would be rather obviously displeased, and this would only be added to by the arrow penetrating the barrier put up by Athos and resulting in a spill of blood which only made the young woman's silver eyes widen immensely. She fought the desire to call out to the boy physically, knowing it would only stoke the older Gorgon male's distaste and likely lead to more injuries for the white haired lad. 'Wiggle or something to let me know you're still okay in there,' she murmured telepathically reaching out ever so slightly with her own mind.

This boy was one of only a few people, whose emotions she could trust as his own, him dying here would be incredibly disheartening. "Curse? No no... you have the wrong idea here..." she said such a thing while still not finding it in herself to smile. "People aren't mistakes, people make mistakes," the young woman said, having an extensive philsophy about such things by her own actions. "No one can control the circumstances of their birth. Living with something like that looming over your existence... that is a curse," she said coming to an understanding of why Athos had been so distrusting and hard to befriend.

Whatever other traumas he'd experienced, none of them would compare in her own eyes, to the idea that everyone he'd grown up with, who was supposed to look out for him, thought him a mistake. Something to be hidden and pushed out, she couldn't imagine living with knowing this was how people felt about your very existence. She thought her life confusing enough for not knowing people's real thoughts of her from their emotionally manipulated ones, but this only made her feel more for the white haired lad. How he tolerated such an existence was beyond her, but it only gained Athos a great deal of respect in her eyes. "I'm not cursed, this life is one I chose and I have no problem seeing it through as it is. I could easily give up being a huntress, and that will be my choice," she said pausing for the gravity of the thing she was about to say and finding that smile she'd so recently forgotten. "But it wouldn't be for a king who thinks so little of his own younger brother. If you treat him like this, I can only imagine how everyone else is treated. It's not a sacrifice I am willing to make," Deianira's statements ended and she realized how such a 'blessing' from Artemis was meant to play out. Though admittedly she wouldn't want to give up being a huntress, if she had to for the sake of someone else, she would... but it would be solely her decision if they were worthy of her sacrifice. Such a thought gave the young woman an extreme amount of comfort. After all, she hadn't expected at all to think about herself during this endeavor and in chasing friendship with the shy gorgon lad, she'd found one of her defining principles.

"You say people make mistakes. Poseidon made the boy. Missstake." Chrysaor was quite clearly set in his opinion about his young brother's existence. He had no place in this world, and Chrysaor's senses told him he had now been reduced to an eternity in Hades. No movement came from beyond the hole in the stone wall. The Gorgon King had kept his promise. "Fear not for your own future, my queen. The boy was no brother of mine. You will stand among Gorgonkind as my mother once did, whether it is something you believe now... or not..."

In a matter of moments, another tremor suddenly took place beneath Chrysaor. A torrent of water emerged from this, carrying Athos. The white Gorgon coiled himself around his elder brother's torso, revealing a bleeding hole in the end of his own tail as he did so, though he was no worse for wear otherwise. "What trickery is this!?" Chrysaor exclaimed. Athos had nothing to say to the other male Gorgon, but he did have something to do... and do, he did. Though his right hand wielded a sword forged by Hephaestus, Athos relied on his left hand to claw into the flesh of Chrysaor's arms, delivering his neurotoxin on both sides with intentions of limiting his opponent's greatest strength. In these moments, Athos seemed to have a much greater amount of focus than in his previous fights. This battle, above all the others, was one he needed to win.

"You're not hearing me, that mistake is on Poseidon..." she said. It was strange to her to be arguing such a point with another person. She wouldn't have to have this conversation with people she normally associated with, and found it to be the singular most frustrating conversation she'd ever had. "Ugh, I'm going to need a proper drink after this. It's like I've been talking to a wall..." she said, as she pinched the bridge of her nose with the middle finger and thumb of her left hand as if to relieve the pressure of a coming headache. "I'm not going to be your queen," she said, as an immediate follow up to the idea that she would somehow be the same as Medusa to his people. "That sounded harsher outside my head," she followed up, though she didn't apologize for it, she truly wasn't interested in Chrysaor. Seers misinterpreted their visions all the time, and she was almost positive he'd done this in her case.

Still, the daughter of Dionysus was given a small glimmer of happiness, and that for her was tremendous, as Athos emerged from the space below apparently more than well. She'd brushed against his mind and found him still among the living due to her earlier prodding use of telepathy. Even so, she was more than a bit relieved to see him in actuality. Though the wound in his tail made her wince just a tad. "That looks dreadful..." she said aloud of the wound a deep acknowledgement of the young son of Poseidon for managing to keep fighting and further more hide his presence and launch a proper attack against his brother. She watched as this carried on, beginning to think logically about the kind of poison or venom the young gorgon boy used against his older brother. From her own observation it was probably a neurotoxin which could have a couple of different outcomes. 'Hm, I wonder if that will work out...'

Once Athos' neurotoxin was applied, Chrysaor lashed about to throw the younger male off his torso. In doing so, he quite literally swatted the boy away, though Athos' tail remained steadfast around his humanoid midsection. "Pesky brat, get off me!" the king shouted. Athos' neurotoxin was of a powerful variety, but it seemed to have come with a great downside when applied to one such as Chrysaor. The Gorgon King stretched his arms so quickly, with such unfathomable strength, that it snapped the bindings he had in place himself. These things were actually in place to limit Chrysaor's movements, as his power was too great for his own body to handle it. Now that his nerves had been affected by Athos, he'd lost a great deal of sensation already, so he had less measure for the amount of strength he was using. Of course, this resulted in him using something closer to his true physical power, which was beyond what even enchanted bindings could fully restrain.

Athos hissed at nearly being thrown away, but he persisted still. That is... until Chrysaor took hold of his tail with such a tight grip, his fist was nearly fully closed around the serpentine half of the boy's body. "Hrngh!" grunted the youngest son of Poseidon. Just then, the unexpected happened. Whatever Athos had planned was shot down by a quick pull of Chrysaor's left arm, which tore away the end of the tail it held in such a firm grasp. What was previously no more than a pierce wound and a tightness which caused him great discomfort, became...

"HUAAAAHH!" Having roughly a quarter of his tail ripped off left Athos in absolute agony, and he quickly fell to the floor. Much to his dismay, he was not allowed to wallow in this agony, as he was just as quickly scooped up by Chrysaor's tail, and held in a bone-crushing embrace. All the while, Chrysaor - seeing Athos as nothing more than something to eliminate as an aside to his ongoing conversation - continued speaking with Deianira. "You would say no to me? What a foolish decision. You have until this thing stops breathing to change your mind, lest we have to settle our engagement the difficult way."

Deianira continued to watch as Athos made contact with his brother. His neurotoxin did indeed seem to work upon the Gorgon King, which was useful information to have, but the young huntress could see that things would get worse before they got better. 'I hope he did that on purpose...' she said as she steeled herself. She was a huntress, she had an iron will, but she couldn't help but feel that the physical punishment the lad was putting himself through for his potential victory was far too much. But she imagined by comparison to his emotional damage he didn't feel like it was much. Even so, as a section of the boy's tail was ripped away she reflexively flinched. It seemed surprising, even so she couldn't do anything about it. She didn't know what kinds of ceremonial rights bound this boy in his fight with his brother. She couldn't interfere it if would risk what he was working towards, all she could do was offer her unwavering support of him. 'I'm sorry, I really am... but I have the odd feeling you've felt worse... I don't know what you intend here... but you have my support...' she offered Athos, as she held back a well of emotions. She felt for this young man, respected him, and watched his suffering steadfast for the opportunity she'd have to help him.

That being said, the Gorgon King seemed rather set on the idea that she would be his bride, and spoke to her in a way which implied a threat the likes of which Deianira wouldn't necessarily put up with. Her eyes narrowed in this moment and she started at the blind Gorgon King and something rather venomous fell from her face. "Yes, I would say no. I'm saying it right now. No. It won't happen, I won't allow it..." she said seeming to think about it more, the threat which came with it implied that he'd have her even against her will, and that was something Deianira definitely wouldn't tolerate. If the son of Aphrodite couldn't talk her out if it, she wasn't going to let the brutish Gorgon King take it from her. "Also, you've got the wrong idea... I've only been spectating this travesty because I don't want anyone challenging his rule when he wins. He wants to be here and I want him to be happy, I won't take this from him. But you look like base prey to me..." the young woman mentioned, remembering that upon reaching this island she'd thought of hunting whatever was here. It would be a standing challenge if Chrysaor wished to try and claim this young woman by force. She sincerely hoped for Athos to be able to handle himself, she didn't want him harmed and she knew this win was important to him.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast