Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: [Benihime x Youko Gaiden] The Crimson Kunoichi & The White Ronin

The young woman took her moment of silence to look over her glass while waiting extra speech and confirmation from Youko that he was who she thought he was. It didn't really matter to her much at this point, but it was quite nice to know that she could get top shelf booze whenever she wanted so long as she was committed to drinking an entire bottle. "Hai hai, Katsuhara-kun," she said raising her glass as well only to polish it off within a few seconds. It seemed that this young man had been given a task that he didn't really want to do along with finding whoever Kazumi was. "Sou ka, this is one of those places with a guest house..." she said thinking of how she normally lived she frowned just a tad. 'Obviously, I am spoiled getting to live in the Kazekage's Mansion and all...' she thought absently. Whatever the case, she thought to be at least a reasonable person about her new companion. And it would be easier to eliminate him as a target or confirm him as one for her secondary mission if he was within such close quarters. "Kazumi? What's she look like?" asked the redhead, while spreading herself around the place she'd seen several people around and she might be capable of helping this man out just a bit.

The young woman known as Kazumi had finally emerged from the restroom she'd run off to, which had turned into a trip to her bedroom and a change in clothes as well as the gathering of several servants for something which she was now planning to spring on Youko. "Kaa-san! Is the barber in yet..." the girl asked in a manner most demanding. In the dressing room of the house, connected to the Master bedroom, was a young woman in a pink kimono with a miniskirt with nothing on her feet but socks stomping and demanding the attention of an older woman who looked very much like her though her the physical shape of her was much more filled, and the blue of her hair a bit tinted. She turned to look over her shoulder as a set of servants helped to tie her obi. "Yes, he's downstairs... so is everything else you demanded for the day. Last I heard your father was meeting his new bodyguard, and given how that goes, yours should be around somewhere. I am quite surprised you let him out of your sight," said the young girl's mother as she huffed with crystal blue eyes. "Fine, I'm going then, good day..." she said leaving her mother in a huff to slide around the hard wood floors in her socks headed for the place she mostly likely felt she'd find her bodyguard, which surprisingly wasn't her father's private bar, but figuring he'd gotten stuck giving a tour to the newest guard she thought to peek around a few other places first.

"Hai. It's a pretty nice place... normally with lots of privacy. If you're keen to avoid the loud arguments this family has, it's preferable to the building we're in now." With both glasses emptied, Youko went about refilling the pair of them with what remained in the bottle. "Kazumi looks like... well... She's a very free-spirited person. I hear she looks a lot like her mother, but that's someone I've never met. That should tell you a lot about how this place works, and how demanding Toku-jii is. Either way, she's pretty obvious if you see her, but she'll probably run into me eventually." Without further ado, Youko picked up his glass again, sharing only one additional word before draining it dry. "Cheers." After finishing his last drink, he placed the empty glass on the table. A few more words were then sent Benihime's way, regarding a strange sensation Youko had gotten from her only a few times thus far. "If you're thinking about any need to kill me at any point, you're free to give up on that clause whenever you like."

The young man with her was currently a wealth of information, which Benihime accepted. It seemed that their living quarters was indeed separate from the family, but given that they were prone to an extreme amount of privacy. This was good news, both because of the precautionary seal placement of the red head and because of the kind of person she tended to be, and figured she would end up being here eventually. Youko worked to refill their glasses, and explain the look of the person who he claimed he should be looking for. She found it strange that he'd been working for this family for at least a little while, but he'd never met the mother of his charge. But she'd met the Daimyou and figured he just didn't want single young men around his wife. "Sou ka..." she said of the information, immediately abandoning the idea of looking for his charge. She picked up her now filled glass once more and acknowledged his utterance, "Hai hai~" she said draining the contents of her glass as well. The only thing which stopped this behavior would be the end of the glass, but after Youko finished drinking, he seemed to have one more thing to say to the lass one which caused her eyes to widen ever so slightly. Soon after though and probably quite to the contrary of the sort of situation she was in presently, the young woman smiled as if she'd heard something funny, and had at least the decency to seem a bit abashed. "Ara, don't take it personally. If I didn't at least consider that I might have to kill you at some point, I'd be setting myself up for a bad time. Besides, I am almost certain you've done the same thing~" she chimed seemingly amused by the situation. Irrespective of the fact that he might be telling the truth and it might not be necessary for her to try and kill him, she still had to consider it an option until she knew with some amount of certainty.

The air around this pair of individuals had undergone a certain shift, but now it was about what Youko was used to in the presence of others. Benihime explained why she'd entertained these murderous thoughts today, and also made the assumption that he'd considered killing her as well. "Gomen; you'll have to go without the flattery this time. Your hair isn't the right color for me to think of taking your life. It's just the right color for me to think a lot of other things, but... I'm a bit drunk. Maybe we'll end up touching that subject on another day, unless drunk works for you."

Benihime seemed to smile more than she intended to in this moment. This man admitted that he didn't actually think of killing her and instead thought of other things to do with her. She found this amusing for many reasons, mostly because it meant at the very least if she could take him at his word she didn't have to worry about him trying to kill her in the meantime. "Nice to know red hair makes me seem less threatening~" the girl said while chuckling, this guy was funny at least her time here wouldn't be terribly boring, assuming of course it didn't become necessary to kill him. "Though, for someone who isn't thinking of killing people you have a very angry face~" she chimed. As he mentioned that he was drunk so they could visit his apparent offhanded proposition at some other time she looked at him quizzically. "Drunk isn't really a problem..." she said honestly. "But, that face aside, I don't think you're my type~" she concluded, without much more description. When Benihime had originally started speaking she'd meant that to be a compliment, but upon thinking about it, she decided it came out a bit more backhanded than she'd planned. "Oops, that wasn't how I meant that, gomen," she said taking her turn to apologize and move along.

"It's not just your hair, though it really does suit you. It's just... the people I want to kill look different, is all," Youko said as his empty glass slid across the counter, tapping against the equally empty bottle. "Don't get me wrong. I'm always thinking of killing someone, but you're not on that list. Most people aren't." Soon enough, Youko was getting up to clear the table. This was started under the assumption that Benihime would be foregoing a full second bottle on the first day of her active duty, but if she were to say something to the contrary, he would leave her glass and perhaps take up his own again. As for his previous comment about the things crossing his mind in place of murder attempts, the return comment was far from what he normally received. It was shocking, to say the least; Youko even paused to consider what he'd just heard. "Wow. Believe it or not, that's the first time I've ever heard something along those lines. I might need to keep drinking."

Benihime found herself eyeing this man rather strangely. She'd heard many things, from many people regarding her appearance but never had she heard that the color of her hair suited her in such a statement. "Ara..." she was without a response initially as red tinted her face in a way she couldn't rightly explain. Beyond his statements of flattery there was the matter that apparently he didn't often think of killing random people and instead had some very specific set of people he wanted to kill or thought about killing. "Hmm, that is somewhat reassuring, and a bit weird, but I don't have room to talk~" she said about the direction of his murderous intent. Moving right along it seemed that he'd taken to heart, her dismissal of his proposition. And according to the man himself he'd never been turned down in such a way. The young woman chuckled at this as she got rid of her own by sliding it towards the man her head tilted to the side. "Well, it's good to experience new things... or so I am told~" she said in a rather haphazard manner. "You're pretty funny, if you wanted to keep drinking I'd drink with you... help you heal that minor wound I just inflicted~" she said standing and stretching in a manner that most would find surprising. But as she did this she leaned her head to the left. "Hm... maybe next time though..."

Benihime spoke those words because she heard sounds. She wondered if this man had good ears and heard them as well. The hurried footsteps which slid clean past the door only to stop at the end of the hallway and double back. If she had to make an assumption someone was headed this way, and given the speed of the movements she assumed it was someone young. "Youko! Are you in here!" said a rather free spirited looking young woman. She was dressed in a pink kimono which showed a great deal of cleavage and a short frilly skirt which moved up her hips as she swayed inside. She was alone but the fuss she'd made getting here made Benihime's brow raise. She also rather unabashedly look in a full view of this young woman and found her more than reasonably attractive if a bit young for her personal taste, though they were likely around the same age. "I've been looking all over for you, and you've just been introducing the new guard to your bad habits!?" she demanded only to look at the young woman with wide eyes.

"Yeah... I'll pass regardless," he replied quickly. "If I keep drinking, I'll keep trying. I'd rather just cut my losses here. Besides..." As the pair spoke, Youko's gaze wandered toward the door to this room. Like he'd said moments ago, the lass named Kazumi would eventually find him, keeping the white-haired male from having to search for her instead. She had certainly done this now, and with no better timing than to save him from further shunning of his advances.

Kazumi entered in due time, being just as demanding - and disorderly by normal standards - as always. The first words spoken directly to him by this lass regarded some apparent pollution of the new guard's mind with what were apparently Youko's own bad habits. "Wait... what do you mean my bad habits?" he questioned right away. "You're the one who showed me this room."

A grin passed this young woman's face. She had much respect for the man before her, for having the decency to stop himself before his feelings were more acutely hurt. He was interesting to say the least, but she knew at best to only expect a varied form of friendship. Irrespective of this a rather abrasive girl entered the scene and Benihime gave this girl a full looking over while she berated Youko for apparently spreading his bad habits about. 'Hm, she's pretty cute... if she looks like her mom, I am a bit curious about what that body looks like all grown up...' there was a devious light in this red head's eyes as she got an idea of something she probably shouldn't be doing, but that she fully intended to do as soon as she left here.

While Benihime sat relaxing and thinking of what this girl's mother must be like, the abrasive girl before her seemed to be laying into her personal guard, pushing off her own inconsistencies. "What? I mean, yeah... I showed you this place, but it isn't like I have a job to do or anything like that. So it's your bad habits," she said. And while a bit self-serving Benihime could see why this couldn't really be argued. It was in the moment after saying this that the other girl's attention diverted properly. After her initial shock, "Tou-sama... said his guard from the Sunagakure was supposed to be a big time assassin, but you don't look much older than me," she said to the red head which made her chuckle. "I am probably not much older than you... but we lead very different lives~" she chimed. Not really addressing the fact that she was an assassin at all. Regardless of this point the girl seemed very sure of herself and continued. "Well, just don't pick up his bad habits, Tou-sama isn't as forgiving as I am..." she said crossing her arms over her chest and speaking matter of factly. "Hai hai, I appreciate it and I'll definitely keep it in mind," the dynamics of this family were quite strange, but there was an aspect obviously missing from this equation and the young kunoichi intended to find it. "If you'll excuse me, I have something I need to check on... it was nice meeting you." she said offering a bow to the girl she now considered as at least partly her employer. Such an action made Kazumi smile, she enjoyed being acknowledged properly by other people. "Of course, see you around..." the young girl said, seemingly placated at least for a moment. If only her father did the same thing, she'd be a much happier teen. Regardless a moment later Benihime passed the young woman and turned on her heels to have a look at the woman's bottom her eyes widening in this moment. She looked towards Youko and gave him the thumbs up in a random bit of approval about the young lass, though she was more interested in something else at present. And with that action complete the young woman would disappear from sight within this mansion. A second thereafter her attention returned to Youko. "She seems nice, for what she's supposed to be but..." the girl paused remembering what she'd come here for. "Oh! Right... the barber is here, you should get a hair cut..." she said springing on this young man the reason for her constant searching and tantrum throwing of the morning.

"Mendokusai yo!" Youko blurted out in response to Kazumi's chastising. "Drunk or sober, it's not like you have anyone after your head. The third-rate thugs that show up here and there are easy enough to deal with." As he spoke, Youko fully cleared the counter of any evidence left by his drinking today. Benihime had taken her leave, but Youko couldn't say he approved of the initial interaction between these two women. Most specifically, he thought ill of Kazumi questioning a shinobi the way she did, but that didn't presently matter. What did matter here was the reason Kazumi had spent so much time searching for him, and the reason for the tantrum which followed her finding him at last. "Gomen... it sounded like you said there was a barber here, and that you expect me to get a haircut. Maybe I shouldn't have drank after all."

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast