Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: [Benihime x Youko Gaiden] The Crimson Kunoichi & The White Ronin

If Kazumi knew one thing, even in the middle of these passionate moments, it was that Youko knew when they were about to be caught. They'd avoided being sighted on multiple occasions within seconds both of them were ready, and Kazumi herself was sitting her already weakened legs down as well. The person entering wasn't her father or mother or any other random servant but the kunoichi her father had so recently hired to protect him. Benihime to her credit entered this room and didn't expect to actually find anyone within. She was confused by this and her left brow rose as this perfect pair of individuals was sitting as if they hadn't done a thing wrong. Something about this scene looked oddly familiar to the redhead, perhaps because she'd often found herself doing such things way more often than most. A single inhale with flared nostrils let her know her thoughts on this matter were about right. "Seems like you've already had seconds. Sorry for interrupting, by the way~" she said offering a wink to Kazumi which made the girls eyes widen but she turned her head as she crossed her arms over her chest and waited. "Anyways, I just have a question... do you know about this Samurai-ninja thing?" she asked in the most straightforward way possible. In fact the question was so direct most might question this woman actually being a ninja, but when things confused her and she couldn't decide how to feel about someone or something, she was oddly direct, this was one such moment.

Youko had much faith that Kazumi would situate herself in time to not be caught in an unsightly state. Over time, this had become quite the regular occurrence for this pair. After all, it would have been quite hectic if the Daimyou had caught his daughter being "deflowered" by her personal guard. Youko always imagined the same end would be met if he were to encounter the girl's mother under the same pretense, though he'd always intended to meet with her as well to see exactly how long of a stay he should be looking forward to in this land.

Benihime's entrance was strange. Upon stepping into the bar, she sniffed the air and bore an expression Youko was somewhat familiar with. The next words out of her mouth gave credence to the first thought crossing Youko's mind. She knew. That didn't really seem to matter at the time, but Youko rather quickly regretted even bothering to pull out. "Well... to be perfectly honest, I only just took the cap off," he said. It seemed this woman had returned simply to ask him a question, regarding some "Samurai-ninja thing" as she called it. A brow upon Youko's face rose when she asked this. "Samurai... ninja... thing? Right. No clue what you're talking about. Given what you just went through, I take it you're more informed than I am on that."

A chuckle escaped the redhead as Youko confirmed he'd been interrupted before the pair of them had gotten properly into the act they were going for. And for her part in this, Benihime was actually a bit apologetic, hell she'd been about to start something herself before the interruption caused by the assassination attempt. "That sucks... you didn't have to stop on my account. But you wouldn't have known that before now~" she said and she truly meant that. As Youko continued to speak he answered her question with a quizzical expression and the redhead's eyes narrowed. Benihime wasn't sure how to feel about this man before her, nor the girl he was in charge of. She knew she was now at the very least more than a little skeptical of her boss, but given present company she couldn't just say that.

"Yeah, I figured you'd say something like that, but..." she paused her left hand finding the back of her head while her right rested on her hip. "After killing that guy you are the first person I thought of... and I don't like that... I don't like not being sure," she said frowning. "You don't strike me as a Samurai, and you definitely move like a ninja... better than most actually, it's a bit disturbing," said the redhead. "My problem is I am about to put a lot of work into trying to kill them, and I am gonna be super pissed if you're on the list of people I end up having to deal with..." she said, and it happened again. That nagging little feeling of murderous intent, the little tingle at the back of her mind, and in her right hand which is why she hadn't really moved yet. There was quite a bit of tension in Benihime in this moment, but it would soon enough be broken, as Kazumi yawned. "This sounds like boring guard stuff. I'm gonna eat and have a nap... ja." the girl said seeming surprisingly evenly tempered as she excused herself and completely unaware of the context of this conversation. A small smile came to Benihime's face and she wondered what it was like to be that carefree, as the Kazumi got up and left she passed Benihime and held up two fingers to let Youko know what time she'd be meeting him in his room later this night. Another thing they were always ready for.

"Is that so? Well, the last time I heard that sentence, it was because... well... never mind." As Youko thought about the next words that would have escaped him, he remembered words spoken by the redhead earlier this day, and decided against whatever he was prepared to say. A sigh escaped him instead, but this was soon followed by a curious expression as Kazumi walked away from the pair. He took special note of her hand's movement when she left, putting to memory the number she gave. "Hai. Sleep well," he said, waiting then until she was gone before addressing Benihime again. "Funny. I seem to be the first one a lot of people think of for a lot of reasons, and most of them aren't good. Still... I'm not much of a samurai. Ninja move like me. There isn't much else to it. Besides, what reason would you have to be pissed if you had to try dealing with me?" As these words were spoken, Youko found his groin to be returning to its normal state. This allowed him to stop covering up, as it were, and rest both of his arms along the edge of the bar counter while speaking with this woman.

Benihime took note that Youko had started a sentence flirtatiously and shifted it for a reason likely connected to her earlier idea of having nothing to do with him. When the Daimyou's daughter left the momentary ebb in tension disappeared. Youko also waited until Kazumi left to speak again, but they seemed to have some kind of code going on between them, not that Benihime was prone to noticing such things, nor would her agitated state allow her to care about it very much. When the white haired man did speak he apparently made it clear that people often found him to be a bit suspicious and he further made the claim that ninjas moved like him and that he didn't consider himself much of a Samurai. Benihime chuckled just a little and then shrugged. "First off, I would love to wake up with that much confidence..." she said about his mention of ninjas likeness to him. As for his actual question the answer was likely not going to make much sense to anyone else. "As for why..." there was a pause from Benihime. She didn't lie, but she wasn't the type to give too many details. The gist of her situation would be knowable. "Sensors, bother me a bit in the first place. But you've been nice to me, and even helped me out with that guy I just killed. My condolences about the hair by the way," she said seeming to get a bit distracted. "Anyways, I'm not really a psycho or anything, but finding out random nice person is lying to me way after the fact is the sort of thing to piss me off. So... I need you to be less sketchy to me..." she said as her right hand lowered from her head for the first time. "And I only know one way to accomplish that right now," the words finished and she settled on her actual thing to do. She was going to attack this man here and now, they would fight and she'd get a feel for him which was proper and after they were done, she could have good faith in him as a person. Explaining such things took way too much time though so the redhead launched herself forward immediately aiming what would likely be considered a sucker punch with her right hand at this man's face with a great deal of swiftness and force.

Once again, Youko's brow rose. He was slightly disturbed by the kunoichi's laugh at his previous claim, but he did suppose she had no reason to believe he was being honest. "That isn't confidence. Shinobi move like my people. As much as I'd like to go into detail, I'm not going to," he clarified. As for the comment/condolences related to his hair, he shrugged. "It'll grow back soon." Again, Youko's claim was more true than he cared to specify. He didn't much care how skeptical this kunoichi was of him; any business they would have had with one another was already confirmed to be nonexistent in reality, and Youko did not work in conjunction with others. More importantly, the murderous intent was resurfacing in the redhead, moreso than it had before.

'Yare yare. Don't let this happen today. I'm in the exact opposite mood right now! Let's just...' Youko's train of thought was interrupted by the sudden movement of the woman. Her right fist was primed to make contact with his face, but his reaction time was more than ample enough at this distance for his left hand to rise against it. Said hand caught Benihime's fist before it could connect, and his face immediately peered around the pair of hands. His eyes looked toward Benihime's, where a moment of reciprocation would result in his eyes - which suddenly held the appearance of the new moon - forcing the remainder of the interaction to occur within the Suna Nin's mind. Everything would proceed as normal within this Genjutsu, of course, starting with Youko's reactive maneuver. He fell back to allow Benihime's forward momentum to continue while his right hand rounded toward her side. Overall, his intention here was to push her over the bar counter while spinning himself into the standing position. "Really? Usually, the fighting doesn't start until I've known a girl for at least a few months. We haven't even had a dance yet."

Benihime would have commented since this man claimed he didn't have confidence, that it was quite true that ninjas moved a bit like the people of his family. She understood at least that families were complicated, her own was one of those so she fully understood. More surprising than that, there was the fact that her fist was caught by this young man, and she would have been uniquely surprised by this if she hadn't already observed him quite a bit. "This might actually be fun for a bit~" she muttered, only to turn her head, and in a second of eye contact see something she'd never seen before, eyes like full black moons which would trap her within the Genjutsu of this man's creation. Of course, she wouldn't know about that at first, no, she'd only notice the doujutsu. "Doujutsu and not a ninja. Damn it Machi, these missions are always fucking with my good time," she said as her body was pushed further over the bar counter, but she was used to this sort of thing. Way more than her job would imply, as such she was back up and over the bar within a few seconds standing back before Youko bouncing on her toes as she rotated her shoulders. "Really now, no warm up before the dance? This is my opener, especially when I don't understand something. Well, with men anyway. I totally get it with the women..." she said a smirk coming to her face. "I've got similar problems~" she chimed before moving again, this time she added a flurry of movements at speeds which would cause her body to blur, a set of ten rapid punches aimed at this man's torso only to be followed by a quick upper cut with her left hand. All while the nagging feeling at the back of her mind, began to stir something else within her, the beast which seemed to be hidden underneath her chakra sleeping.

"Machi?" he questioned right away, seeming to find the sudden name-drop strange. The stance he took after flipping the kunoichi over the bar was no more than a casual stand, while she took on more of a boxer's role. As she prepared herself, she was also content to pick up on the banter Youko initiated a few moments prior. This was quite surprising, but also somewhat disturbing, considering how their earlier interaction had ended. "Right. You're confusing the absolute hell out of me. I'm struggling to realize whether you're trying to kill me, or this is foreplay in some elaborate 'hard to get' routine you've had planned this whole time."

Benihime was soon enough approaching at a rapid pace. Within this world of his own creation, he had no worries whatsoever. Youko's avatar in the Genjutsu was still, taking the flurry of punches to his torso without so much as a flinch, and only having his head raise slightly from the woman's uppercut. "So... how exactly is fighting me going to make me seem less sketchy? I'm really not following here."

After mentioning Machi aloud Benihime sighed. She realized the mention of this name wouldn't make sense to other people, and as such she had no real problem explaining it. "Machi is the Kazekage, he's also a jerk who put me on a boat for three days to make me come to this place. I've been cursing him in my head for days... that one just slipped out~" she added. Multiple punches seemed to land on this man but none really caused him to shift. He wasn't built in any obvious way like he could take that sort of punishment and this caused a bit of deference to the young jounin. This was odd. Beyond that this man expressed great confusion in this woman's methods and she looked at him strangely in this moment. "I am going to be very honest here, I am almost always winging this. I don't plan anything, you said something and got the first response in my head. If that is confusing for you... I am pretty sure we're even," she mentioned. His follow up question and lack of real damage make her confused, this wasn't the feeling she expected.

As if to cue her suspicions, a voice rather docile whispered in her head. And in her own mind she saw the yellow and green eyes of a large flaming blue cat creature open. 'Benihime-sama, did you realize already?' asked the cat in a manner most respectful. 'Did he really genjutsu me?' she thought to which she got a nodded reply. 'Do you need assistance?' asked the cat who seemed willing enough. 'Nah, Matatabi, gimme a minute... this could be kinda useful, maybe?' she said, taking a rather big risk. Aloud though Benihime now found herself looking at the man she'd backed away from opening and closing her fist. She looked at her hand and explained herself which again was likely rather strange considering. "My big brother says punching things usually clears up indecision. It's always worked thus far so I decided I'd just fight you and figure out if you had sketchy vibes and are actually okay, or if you are actually sketchy and think of other ways to get rid of you. Which would be a pain in the ass since you seem to know when I am thinking about killing you." said the young redhead. "But... did you really fucking genjutsu me?"

"... Sou ka." There was much hesitation prior to Youko's reply. Many things this woman had said and/or explained simply added to the confusion as to why she even bothered, but that was an aside. His initial cast of this Genjutsu was for the simple purpose of getting information out of Benihime without having to go through with the fight she'd initiated. At this point, though, it seemed there wasn't much necessity in doing that, as it was not her intention to try killing him here. "So... neither? You attacked me... just to figure me out? Yare yare daze," he said as he raised a hand to push through his hair, realizing there wasn't nearly as much of it as he remembered. An expression of disappointment crossed his face in that moment, but he supposed it would grow back soon enough. "It's a learned skill. I happen to be very used to people wanting to kill me. And... yes, you're in a Genjutsu. I thought it would be best to figure out what the hell you were doing; I'd rather not risk killing a ninja and start another pointless war when I don't even know what's going on. Would you like to be released now?"

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast