Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Gremory Territory

It seemed that Ddraig was content to further taunt Reshiram, of course, this only served to enrage the sinister happy dragon. After she'd left Takumi in the ground she stood back her arms crossed over her chest, as she rather jealously considered the women of the world with larger breasts than hers. "I am not CHIBI!" she exclaimed stamping her foot, seeming to have locked in on that as the thing that triggered the worst mood she'd seen in centuries. After the boy managed to drag himself up, he and the dragon which spoke through his arm, had a different kind of conversation. He was given a bit of a talking to, about how best to approach dragons, and even had the gauntlet known as the boosted gear appear on his arm with a bit of prompting.

All the while, the white haired woman seemed to be trying to talk herself out of her neurosis. "I have to be good. Sirtreize will be disappointed if I fly off the handle... breathe Reshiram. Breathe," she coached herself. With Takumi now stating he could apparently fight, she sighed turning her gaze towards him and this Boosted Gear upon his arm and took a large inhale. If this boy could really fight, she'd have to see how he managed against something a bit less direct first. She soon exhaled, and a blood curdling screech escaped her, which seemed to pulse with waves of power. The force of it was concussive. It could potentially damage organs, shake the landscape and physically assault those it touched. It was exclusively a magic she performed and perfected based on the original screech she possessed as a Dragon.

While this initial exchange took place, Eira was fidgeting, in a manner most different from the way she usually carried herself. 'I really should have taken this fight. It seems like too much, too soon...' she thought, her fingers sliding over each other. Even when faced with one such as Onoko Astaroth, Eira had retained a potent calm which radiated her ever so slight murderous intent. For the duration of these matches, she'd been commentating and appreciating the work of her peerage, and noting their flaws. But right now, she felt something else, a deep sense of guilt, for throwing Takumi to another Dragon. This simple boy, who likely had no idea he had this sort of power resting in him until a couple of days prior. Still, when considering her own actions, she knew deep down, she would have made him a second time without question. It was so strange, that even one such as Maiko who was now leaned up behind her, rested her chin atop Eira's head. "Eira-sama, are you stoked about the match too? Yasukawa, against another dragon, gotta be a hell of a match!" she said which made the crimson haired woman, snap to attention and exhale a previously held breath. "Hai... it feels a bit tense, but maybe this is excitement," she managed, letting this girl take the place of Youmu who normally helped Eira regulate her stranger moods.

Takumi clenched his fist clad in the Boosted Gear. He gazed upon Reshiram, who was going through some very strange emotional issues, as far as he was concerned. To see someone talking themselves out of a frenzy was somewhat... intimidating, to say the least, yet he had to go forth. He was waiting for some sort of acknowledgement to his declaration, but what actually came his way was a scream carrying a greater power than he'd seen in his previous altercations. Takumi's eyes widened as the force struck him, immediately pushing him back even as he braced himself. The boy's arms crossed in front of his face, with the Boosted Gear out front as he squinted. "Hrgh... This feels so different..." he groaned. "That's Dragon power, Partner. It's on a different level compared to what Devils use."

Understanding that this would be a challenge the likes of which he couldn't approach like the last, Takumi made every attempt to push against this screech. As he tried, though, he began feeling it even inside his body. "Promotion... Rook!" he declared, granting himself the defensive abilities of the Rook Evil Piece. "Boost!" the Boosted Gear declared, granting him additional capacity to press forward, yet still not enough to make much headway. "Oi, Chibi Shira. Stop throwing a tantrum on my partner."

Strangely enough the young man was pushed back by the empowered voice that Reshiram let out, as he tried to move forward through it, the call of boost and a promotion to the Rook Trait that pawns could use made it so that he could start to push back. "Urusai! I'm not a Chibi!" she said to the matter of her throwing a tantrum on Ddraig's partner she could only shake her head from left to right, signaling that she had no intention of stopping. "I am the Vast White Dragon, if you keep talking to me like that, I'll shut you up... and your 'partner' will suffer for it!"

She'd subsequently turn her voice to the air, and let out a screech which, made flaming balls of rock a couple of meters across apiece begin to fall all around the boy. She no longer cared to bring down his physical form, she intended now to distract him. However he chose to deal with the current marring of the battlefield, she'd be watching, intending to wait for a proper opening to attack directly. Though she was a Bishop of Sirtreize, this particular Dragon was still prone to more physical altercations, but only when she was certain that she wouldn't manage to get hurt in the exchange.

"The little ones always did talk big," Ddraig said most casually while Takumi struggled. Eventually, Takumi no longer had to deal with the screech. By then, though, there was another one used for an entirely different reason. Numerous meteorites were formed overhead, forcing Takumi to raise his head and rely on something he'd only used once before. He focused his own Demonic Power on the Boosted Gear, creating an orb which he aimed up at the meteor storm. Once his aim was set, this orb released a red beam multiple times over to shatter individual meteors that were to be an immediate danger to the lad. The rest were left to tear asunder the ground around him, but even the remnants of the destroyed stones were still flaming, and therefore a problem. Takumi held his Boosted Gear over his head as if to block with his forearm, deciding his only out was to try something new. In the same way he used his own energy to create the "Dragon Shot" technique, he created a circular shield to act as an umbrella against the flaming debris. The shield flickered each time it was pummeled, until... "Boost!" The second doubling of Takumi's power gave him just enough strength to properly maintain this new barrier against the downpour.

Ddraig's words led Reshiram to believe that he was unfazed by her threats. Given their history, she knew why this was, and it still infuriated her. So much so, that she said nothing while, Takumi defended himself, she darted through the falling meteors to the area now clean immediately behind Takumi. Being here, she was able to open her mouth, not to screech but to exhale. Doing so caused a dragon breath of purple paralytic gas to escape her mouth as she aimed to stop the movements of Takumi completely that she might dismantle Ddraig without his inteference. "Take it back Red One!" she mentioned, deciding here and now if she didn't like what Ddraig said next that she fully intended to hurt Takumi, regardless of the consequences.

Eira watched this fight, biting her lip. She'd never had contact with this individual before, but she knew given what she was seeing this wouldn't go well. 'Nii-sama, why'd you do this...' she thought. For a friendly match, it seemed that this person was the least friendly they'd seen so far, Cinder Fall's impatience, Zekrom's battle thirst, even Serde's straight power, all seemed to pale in comparison as obstacle which was Reshiram's fury. "Ugh, I shouldn't have sent him out..." Eira said aloud her head falling forward into her hands. This was the least kept look she'd managed, it wasn't that she didn't think Takumi capable of getting over it. She simply thought it was an unnecessary set of challenges for someone she'd made on a whim without the normal bond she normally forged from her Peerage first.

As Takumi guarded against debris, Reshiram moved to his rear. He didn't know what was coming, but he felt it wasn't going to be pleasant. With this in mind, Takumi turned to face the woman while holding his shield out against her. This didn't help one little bit, considering the gas-like nature of her attack, which immediately ceased any ability he had to move from how he was presently positioned. His eyes widened, but that was about all he could manage in this state. Ddraig still didn't seem fazed at all. "Why would I take anything back? What could you possibly do to me?" spoke the Dragon within Boosted Gear. Takumi could only wonder why this exchange was happening. He wasn't involved in whatever these Dragons had going on in the past, and he didn't even know about it. He had no reason whatsoever to be in the middle of this ordeal.

It seemed that Ddraig thought Reshiram incapable of doing anything to him. Directly this might have been true, but the paralyzed body of Takumi could still be ravaged in a way which wouldn't be helpful to the Welsh Dragon. "Remember it's his fault..." she said to Takumi, in a moment of clarity which would likely make the white haired woman seem calm in her crazed state. Reshiram picked up Takumi by his normal arm and stared at him, she knew this boy had nothing really to do with the grudge she held against the Dragon inside him. But even so, he was able to be punished for it. She grabbed Takumi by the arm which held its Boosted Gear and attempted a two-fold attack. The first of which would be snapping it between her fingers at exactly the elbow, and beyond that she'd soon aim to rip the arm off at this point, throwing it to the side. The whole of this action would only take a few seconds if it happened, but it would leave extreme pain in its wake.

While he was incapable of defending himself in any way, Takumi was raised by his right arm. Ddraig's attitude toward the female Dragon had not changed, and her reactions to his attitude were only getting worse by the moment. She may have been enraged by Ddraig, but her rage manifested against Takumi by association. Her first physical aggression came in the form of grasping the arm which wore Boosted Gear, and breaking it at the elbow. Everything seemed to occur in slow motion as Takumi's eyes widened, and his lips parted. Before he could even react to his arm being broken, it was torn off at the elbow. A blood-curdling scream erupted from deep within his throat while blood sprayed from the stub of his left arm. Just like that, he had nothing left. Takumi was left without his arm, and by association, without the Sacred Gear that was upon it. Or so he thought...

'Oi! Urusai!'

A blood curdling scream from Takumi once her work was complete, and as such she allowed the boy to fall from her grasp. The white-haired dragon woman was content to display smiles and happiness once more. "He finally shut up!~" she said pleased beyond what was a normal amount of reason. "Hm, you can take a straight lost limb? I figured that sort of thing would have gotten you retired, you must be used to taking punishment. I wonder what Sirtreize's little sister is like that she'd let you suffer like this without retiring you herself?~" mused the white dragon as she danced around this young man trying to decide how she wished to finish this entire thing. "Maybe, she's hateful, and decided you weren't worth the investment~" mused Reshiram. "Or maybe, she'll use the Phoenix Tears and get you, your arm back... even though doing so would leave her at a disadvantage later when she will likely face Sirtreize herself~" the white Dragon now calmed by what she'd done had plenty to say, and none of it particularly nice, though it came out in such a happy tone, you could almost question if this was really the same being. She'd finally gotten what she wanted, which was silence from the opposing Dragon. As far as she was concerned what was left before her, was simply a little human boy, and thus no real threat at all.

Her words about Eira though, were more than a little displaced. The crimson haired younger sister of Sirtreize was more than a little outraged by what she saw. In fact, she'd stood, and it'd initially been her aim to Retire Takumi after this grevious injury just so that she could have the pleasure of facing this dragon in person. She was stopped from this action by Maiko, who clamped her arms around the other woman. "Eira-sama, you have to see what he can do first. Yasukawa isn't a punk, he's not gonna let something like that stop him. Besides, it just manifests on his arm, he's still got some power. He might figure out how to use it..." she mentioned. It would be Miyuki who looked still stunned as well. "I agree Eira-nee, you could use the Phoenix Tears and give him his arm back if it doesn't work out. But just like I was out when I was scared, Taku-senpai wouldn't want to be pulled out because he's hurt," Miyuki said as she clamped onto the woman's legs. Eira retook her seat. "I really shouldn't have done this..." she said, not talking about the rating game, or even sending Takumi out to face a challenge alone. Instead the normally steadfast heiress was questioning why she'd made such a boy only to have him suffer for her sake. She wanted to see what his life would become. She'd wanted this, but she hadn't explained what such a thing would mean, and now he was facing a challenge greater than all others, at the hands of a mad Dragon because of this singular moment of selfishness Eira had let win.

Soon after having his arm torn off, Takumi was left to fall onto the ground. He landed on his back with neither the will, nor the perceivable energy to lift himself. His understanding of the retiring system left him wondering why he'd be left in the fight at this rate, but Reshiram's words hinted at Eira's ability - and apparently lack of willingness - to take him out manually. Was she right? Was he already proving himself to be weak enough that he may as well be left to die, as he should have when falling from the roof of Kuoh Academy? If that were the case, this would be the perfect opportunity.

The one positive note Takumi could take from this was that Ddraig had not disappeared, even when Boosted Gear was taken from him. 'You're still here? Gomen. There's nothing I can do anymore. I became a Devil for no reason,' he said to the Welsh Dragon. At this point, Takumi was face-to-face with Ddraig in his own mind, looking upon the massive form of the Red Dragon with his own eyes. 'You sound weaker than you are, Partner. Where did all that fury and determination go? Didn't you say you were never going to let anyone assume your worth? Don't tell me all that talk was for nothing,' said Ddraig.

'I guess it was for nothing. I don't have a way to fight anymore. Boosted Gear was in my left hand, and it's gone... and even Devils have to bleed out... right?' Takumi's query demanded a sigh from the Welsh Dragon. He couldn't believe the companion he was living within this time could be such a pessimist. 'Where's your memory? I've seen your worth, Partner. Didn't you hear me say you'd make a better Dragon than a Devil?' he asked in rhetoric. Meanwhile, Takumi's physical body was beginning to rise from the ground with blood still pouring from his left arm.

'But... What do you mean by that?'

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast