Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Gremory Territory

While Reshiram felt full of herself at the impending retirement of Eira's only pawn. Eira herself watched as white flames converged upon Takumi. Still, she'd seen the way he looked at Reshiram and she knew she had nothing to worry about. As such, the crimson haired woman watched, with Maiko and Miyuki at the edge of their seats even as Takumi finally emerged in a full armored use of his Sacred Gear. "Oooh!~ Look at Takumi~ With no limits on his boosting!~" Eira chimed seeming to understand giving the flashing of his hand how many times he had to be boosting in those few moments. She could only wonder how much stronger this would make him, and she was soon to find out.

Instead of what Reshiram expected a green light of retirement, she got, an armored red dragon dashing towards her from the body of her flames. And the sound of Ddraig's voice plagued her mind with words she hated from him. "No..." she said, there was no time, she couldn't have run even if she tried, and there was no barrier to create that she could have gotten up in time. She opened her mouth to scream out a pulse of dragon energy, but by the time she did, she was being struck by a power she didn't know this young man to possess. "But... but..." she fell away her body losing consciousness within seconds of this happening, and then disappearing in the green light of retirement herself. She'd made the mistake of underestimating the newest addition to Eira's Peerage and it cost her the match she'd been set up for. She obviously couldn't believe this, but the victory belonged to Takumi.

The crowd would be stunned into silence, before cheering would erupt. It seemed they had indeed begun cheering for the underdog and right now, the biggest uproar yet had happened. "Sugoi! What a showing from the Red Dragon Emperor. It was an uphill battle with many twists and turns, but right here we have it, your winner. Yasukawa Takumi... Eira Gremory's Pawn!"

For Takumi, nothing felt better - more relieving, even - than the sensation of his fist meeting its target here. He had previously failed to reach Onoko Astaroth the way he intended, but this exact moment felt like justice served for both of his battles. What's more, he felt as if he could take any challenge to come his way, as if his power could continue climbing to the heavens themselves. Yet, suddenly...

"Burst!" For the second time since unlocking the power of his Sacred Gear, this announcement was made by the voice of Ddraig. Takumi's power multiplier reduced to zero in an instant, leaving him in a weakened state even when compared to his normal self. The redness of his eyes faded again, and so did his consciousness. Takumi fell forward with a weak smile on his face, only to be transported on the spot to the platform shared by Eira's peerage.

"..." While Elsa spoke to the cheering crowd, Szavelneas was in a silent awe. It wasn't until several seconds after Elsa ceased her speech that he managed to find his own words. "I am as shocked as I believe most of our viewers are. Even I've never seen the power of the Heavenly Dragons in person, but their power cannot be argued against now. I believe we can all look forward to Eira Gremory and her peerage entering the professional Rating Games. For now, let-" Szavel's statement never saw its end. This was due solely to the sudden appearance of Sirtreize on the battlefield where Takumi and Reshiram so recently faced one another. He looked up with a smile while taking the initiative to explain this random occurrence. "I've been waiting all day to see this! The Red Dragon Emperor will be a force to be reckoned with soon enough, but now that all of Eira's members have seen combat... let's bring this to an end. I'd like to see all that remain now," he said, prompting an immediate retort from Szavelneas. "Well... I suppose this is being done for the benefit of the underdog, and I'm sure our audience could use a bit more excitement, if they can get that..."

Eira had known what would happen when Takumi reached his limit. Beyond that he'd won without a doubt and as such she was more than ready to congratulate him. By the time he was teleported back to their hub, she was waiting on the platform to catch him. Unsurprisingly enough, that half smiling face of his, would land promptly against the firmness of Eira's bosom as he collapsed. "Ufufufu~ You did well Takumi," Eira managed giving the boy a gentle squeeze. "Arigatou Gozaimasu," she finished up. It would be Miyuki who looked up to see if he was alright, but Maiko who voiced her disbelief. "He did all that and passed out, damn. He could have at least stayed up for the congratulations..." she said, sounding excited and slightly cross. Regardless, this little celebration would come to an end much quicker than Eira thought.

Her elder brother was soon standing below, claiming he wanted to see the rest of Eira's Peerage, as they were seemingly ready to bring an end to their match. A sigh escaped Eira, but she knew like most things done today, this was as favorable as she could expect things to be. "Oh fine, might as well get it over with. Come on you two," she said as she stepped up onto the platform with both Maiko and Miyuki still holding the unconscious Takumi. Once within this battleground once more she looked to her elder brother. Maiko slipped Takumi's arm over her shoulder and held him up with no problem and Miyuki took to the side. "If we fight I'll protect us..." she said of herself, Maiko and Takumi. "Hai hai, but... I am not sure what's going on here," she said a smile spreading across her face. "Are you happy now, Nii-sama? Find out everything you wanted to know?" she asked the man with her hands now clasped in front of her, as she took a few steps forward putting the rest of her peerage behind her for whatever reason.

Sirtreize waited with patience for the appearance of Eira and her remaining members. Soon enough, they arrived. He made no movements toward nor away from this group, but found himself wondering why they had brought along an unconscious Red Dragon Emperor. This group at least seemed to be worth its salt in dedication alone. Sirtreize looked upon Maiko and Miyuki, and saw their willingness to fight alongside their master... or rather, their willingness to stick with one another as comrades, and work in unison.

"As a matter of fact, I did," was Sirtreize's response to his sister. "That's not what's important though, is it? Have you found out everything you need to know?" he asked. Whether she understood what he was alluding to or not, Sirtreize raised his left arm before himself, holding his palm to the sky. A sphere no larger than a marble, formed of the Power of Destruction, and was joined by dozens upon dozens of additional spheres floating around the Satan. He was content to wait before making use of these, if only to see what Eira would say or do next.

Miyuki and Maiko were left to look after the unconscious Takumi, while Eira stood looking at her brother. As he spoke, her arms crossed under her chest and she sighed. Still, she found herself watching the creation of various small orbs of Destruction which she knew to be his favored form of them for general use. She looked at these dozens of orbs as he created them and shrugged. His answers to her questions were strangely cryptic and while this annoyed Eira she knew better than to behave rashly at this point. "Obviously it mattered enough for you to orchestrate this whole thing. So I'd say it's kind of important," she said with a casual roll of her eyes. Still she couldn't deal with these orbs with anything she present had, and Extinguished Star would take too long to create to do anything about the Ruin the Extinct. "As for what I needed to know, I suppose I found out a bit. Though if you have something to say, you should just say it because," she said.

'Hm, I still don't really compete with those on any real level... but if I can't do something about most or all of them, it will put the others in danger...' she thought as she held her right hand out in front of herself. But much like her Extinguished Star, she figured there was some way to make something equal. The Power of Destruction began to grow around her hand as she spun a secondary magic type into it, it would begin to condense within her palm. 'Well, if I am not as good with pure destruction, maybe a little extra will push it over?' she mused as scarlet eyes met her brothers. "I know my peerage is willing to go to extremes, both for me and for each other," she said with a smirk. "They invert their own powers," she said thinking about Hiroki. "Overcome their setbacks..." she murmured thinking of Youmu. "Push the limit and blow themselves up..." she said shaking her head about Izuna. "Face their fears and push their bodies to the limit..." she said thinking of both Miyuki and Maiko. Before hazarding a gentle glance at Takumi, a boy three days a devil who'd managed to pack more surprises into her days than she would have liked to admit. "And surprise the hell out of me, every time. But I knew most of that already... so what did you want me to see exactly, Nii-sama?~" she questioned because an outside perspective was sometimes necessary. Still the attack in her hand had its edges come together in a swirling mass, and it seemed to be complete. Eira herself looked it over and she wasn't sure what to make of this combination, but she was quite certain it was very different from her other uses of the Power of Destruction giving its internally volatile nature.

Patiently, Sirtreize waited while Eira went about listing the extremes of her members. As she did this, she began to create a new application of the Power of Destruction, which Sirtreize imagined she intended to use against his Ruin the Extinct technique in some special way. "Of course you knew already. That's just how you are. There's something more deep within that, though. You'll just have to find that for yourself." As Sirtreize spoke, the orbs of Destruction began orbiting his body at a rapid pace, as if preparing some sort of assault. The next words to leave his mouth were much to the contrary of these movements, though. "So, Eira... What do you say we call this a draw?"

Eira looked at her elder brother as she held on to this orb, the power from within it, something very different from what she normally came up with. A chuckle escaped her as he mentioned that it was very her to know the things she'd already figured out about her peerage. Whatever the case, whatever he meant for her to see, was deeper than what she'd seen already. There were a lot of things deeper than what she'd already seen, most of them surrounding her newest acquisition, and her peerage's reaction to him. There was also the delicate balance of power among other things... but, she supposed that those were all things she'd have to fish through way later. "Hai hai, I'll find out when I need to know... I do appreciate the opportunity to see it though. Arigatou, Nii-sama~" she said of whatever it was she hadn't quite gotten yet. It didn't much matter as the orbs around her brother begin to cycle pretty heavily he asked her a question about finishing this particular Rating Game as a draw. She held up her right hand the violent little orb vibrating with energy. "A draw huh? I guess that is about the best outcome I can expect right now..." she said. "But... still, you should tell me what you think of this one. I think it might be my new favorite, also it doesn't have a name yet~" she chimed. Soon after she'd toss the orb forward leaving it to clash with the ones surrounding her brother. Upon making contact with any of those orbs, it would explode into a raging whirlwind made of the Power of Destruction, aiming to suck in the other orbs, with its rotational winds while wreaking pure havoc upon everything in its path. A sly smirk would escape Eira's face, as she aimed to take the draw offered soon after, choosing to bow to the crowd while retiring herself and all her remaining pieces to indicate it as such.

"Hai hai. You'll figure it out; I'm sure of that," he said about what he'd intended to have Eira realize. As far as Sirtreize was concerned, as long as she was on the right track, he could happily end this Dice Figure Game and leave her, and her peerage, to their devices. He could tell that at least one of the young Devil's members would be requiring some form of care beyond what the staff of the Rating Games could/would offer. Eira had a different idea to the older male's, though. She may have been willing to accept the draw, but she first wished to showcase the technique she'd just come up with.

Sirtreize got to observe a sphere of Destruction become an impressive display of shape manipulation, taking on the form of a cyclone bent on consuming Sirtreize's orbs. Sirtreize placed his hands upon his hips to watch this technique unfold, wearing a grin on his face as he fixed his gaze. "Hmph," was his only utterance to the new offensive of Eira. He had nothing specific to say about it, but he felt his expression alone would say all that needed portraying. Since Eira was in the process of retiring herself and her underlings, Sirtreize allowed the same fate to befall him whilst the swirling Destruction marred the battlegrounds behind them.

Eira was around just long enough to see her brother's reaction to her newest creation. Strangely, she felt proud of herself in this moment, having agreed to the draw already and having retired herself she also disappeared along with what was left of her peerage to the places these ones tended to go when they retired. While this happened, Elsa a very confused announcer was left to try and figure out how to describe the culmination of the day's events. "It looks like we get to see a draw between Sirtreize and his younger sister. What a strange ending to an action-filled Rating Game. Thank you all for coming~" she finished up watching the end of the Rating Game take place with just as much confusion as she'd had when she'd been asked to help host it. In all fairness, Satan Leviathan could at least say, she hadn't witnessed a Rating Game so interesting in quite a long time.

Meanwhile, Eira was left in a building or rather a set of rooms which looked a bit conspicuously like a nurse's office. With several beds lined up. She looked around, aiming to spot the other members of her peerage finding first Youmu, who seemed to be strangely bandaged up but had those ice blue eyes of hers open. "Yare yare... between you and Takumi I don't know who will require more attention~" said Eira which made Youmu turn to face her. "I don't need attention, though, I wouldn't mind a bit," Youmu managed seeming to smile, she'd every much enjoyed her own confrontation even though she didn't win. "A draw huh? That's pretty interesting, Eir..." she said with nothing at all to say of her own injuries. "You guys did really well, all of you~ Arigatou Gozaimasu~" she offered the room, which also contained Miyuki and Maiko who were both still supporting Takumi, while transferring him to an unoccupied bed, while it was decided what they'd be doing.

Following the conclusion of the Rating Game, Eira stood before her peerage in a room dedicated to the retirees' recovery. Among the conscious individuals here was Izuna, who seemed no worse for wear aside from the minor exhaustion remaining from his battle. "Oi, what about me!? I need the most attention here!" he said in his usual impish manner. Of course, Izuna was probably one of the people in better health overall, but he still felt it worth keeping a light mood over the whole ordeal. "The rest of you guys had a pretty good run out there. We were watching right to the end," he continued, excluding the still-unconscious Hiroki from his speech.

Another pair of Devils was to join this group as well. Sirtreize abandoned his own peerage after checking in on them, and brought with him Sairevil to Eira and her peerage's room. Without wasting any time at all, he stepped toward Eira and began speaking. "Good job in the match, everyone! It drew in a lot of attention that will do a lot of good for us all."

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast