Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gremory Territory

Soon enough the entirety of Eira's peerage was transported into their accomodations for the duration of this new rating game. The crowd, stands, and even the announcers for this game were all well beyond what could ever be considered normal. 'Of course, I can't just have a single normal day... anytime I'm here...' she thought further giving away exactly why she wasn't bothered by the idea of not visiting for an extended period of time. Regardless of how Eira felt about this, it was obvious several of her peerage members were excited. Even more excited as one Satan Beelzebub, went on to begin announcing that this match was between Eira's peerage and that of her Elder brother. Elsa was beside Szavelneas and after he spoke she began explaining the rules. "True enough, that last match was a farce, but this one has more succinct rules. Each King is to roll a single die, and the combined total of these rolls will be the numerical value of the pieces they can send out," Elsa explained with a smile on her face. "Each piece will have its regularly associated count. A pawn is worth one, a knight or a bishop is worth three. A rook would be worth five, and a queen would be worth nine," she said. "But this does include regular multipliers so, if a roll is six, both knights could be sent out, or a single rook with a single pawn," she stated taking a moment to breath. "But multipliers are also in effect, so if your pieces are worth more than their allotted value that will also be taken into account," the raven haired woman mentioned as she cut her eyes in the direction of both of these individuals who seemed to have a habit of making multiple piece reincarnations. "Besides that the status of each of the Kings has been taken into account and Sirtreize Lucifer as King is worth twelve pawns..." mentioned the woman with a sideways glance as Satan Beelzebub figuring such calculations were made by him. "Eira Gremory as a King is worth eight pawns..." she concluded. This was a surprising bit of information to Elsa, given the fact that the number was considerably higher than she expected it to be. It made her wonder what the girl had done previously to make Szavelneas calculate her as such.

Eira paid attention to this entire speech as she hadn't known the real rules of one of these before this moment. Hearing them now, she understood the earlier rage seen in Izuna as it would have been normal for him to get a shot to actually do some real damage. That as an aside, Eira still knew herself to be at a pretty stark disadvantage, given her piece make up, both herself and Takumi couldn't be on the field at the same time as any of her pieces except Miyuki or Hiroki. Not that she seemed particularly worried about this at all, her face was impassive and she managed to retain the normal regal air she always had about her person, even when annoyed by what was happening around her. "Yare yare, if Nii-sama wanted to have a Rating Game he could have done it with anyone..." she let slip from her mouth. Though she knew members of her peerage were still excited by it. "Hai, but he chose to have it with you... so, we won't let you down!" mentioned Maiko as she slammed her fists together. Seeing this girl's determination, Eira made her red leather gloves appear within her hands and smirked. "Well, if you're gonna be excited you might as well be prepared," Eira said.

Takumi, Izuna and Hiroki were all listening intently to the words of Elsa Leviathan, even though Izuna had taken the time to learn the ins-and outs of Dice Figure Games during the false battle against Onoko Astaroth. Takumi was able to properly learn something new as he watched from his spot between Eira and Miyuki, and Hiroki was able to get a more coherent explanation than what the raging Izuna had to offer earlier this day. "Our first real Rating Game is against a Satan!" exclaimed Izuna. "I'm with Maiko. I know there's not much of a chance we'll win this, but... my skin's crawling in a really good way right now!" In all fairness to the less reasonable members of the peerage - Maiko and Izuna - even Hiroki was grinning. At the very least, this could serve as a great learning experience, and even a chance for Eira's members to know what they could strive for. Many times, the blonde Bishop had heard there were plenty of comparisons to be drawn between the peerage of Eira, and that of her brother the Crimson Satan.

Speaking of the Crimson Satan, he stood before his own peerage, facing a large bowl with a single die in front of it. A hole was in the bottom of this bowl, leading into the automated system that would show the crowd, and both sets of participants, their dice numbers. Sirtreize took the initiative of picking up his die while Szevelneas spoke again. "This is sure to be an exciting match to welcome the new generation. So, without further ado... Kings! Roll!" At the other Satan's command, Sirtreize dropped his die into the bowl. All monitors would show the roll of both parties, which in Sirtreize's case produced the number...

The excitement coming from the more bubbly members of her peerage was about what Eira expected. When she had a look at everyone present, she found even Hiroki had a large grin on his face, and the normally apathetic Youmu had a hand resting upon the hilt of the wakizashi at her waist. A sigh escaped Eira at this point, as it become very obvious that everyone here, was in a way better mood about this, than she was. That smirk on her face fell into a grin as she spoke to this group. "Fine fine, if you all want to go for it. I'll be happy to, then we can have a sleepover at my place. Like old times~" she chimed, seeming to enjoy the idea of a nice naked cuddle fest post what was likely to be a very striking loss. At the very least, her peerage would get to know what sort of aims they should have, especially given the likenesses between the people she attracted and those Sirtreize himself had managed to gather. Knowing a roll was coming next, Eira finally extricated herself from the grip of Takumi, though to be honest, she'd enjoyed the physical contact maintained for such a duration of time, especially knowing that the young man was unlikely to do such things himself given his own personality. There was the slightest pang in her chest as she did this, even so, she soon found herself standing before a bowl with a single die in her hand. And at the announcement that the King should roll, she tossed it into the bowl and watched it spin as the cameras panned around them before giving the result.

Eira looked up to find the total number which was subsequently being announced by Elsa. "Alright that's a total of four, Kings decide who you're sending out and then the first match will start!" was the excited utterance of Elsa Leviathan. Eira looked up from her bowl and knew who she had to send, regardless of her own feelings about it. "Hiro, gambatte ne!~" she said with all the happiness and determination she could muster for her first Bishop, as she looked towards the blonde haired young man. She hadn't wanted to do such a thing so immediately, but she couldn't well send out Miyuki after having her participate with her the last time.

The number to determine the first cap was four. Upon seeing this total, Sirtreize knew exactly who Eira could send out. Just the same, he knew exactly who he would be sending into battle. "Rei-chan! You're up first," he said as his arms crossed. For the sake of privacy on either side, the audio-visual feed in each room was disabled the moment both dice were rolled, and a magical dome covered each section.

Hiroki was at the ready the moment his name was called. He knew from the given number, the decision would be between Miyuki and himself, and Eira wasn't likely to make the former participate so early regardless. "Hai!" the boy spoke. He stepped forward onto an orange platform even farther out than the dice-rolling bowl. This space served the purpose of teleporting participants to the battlegrounds, which now showed on everyone's monitors as a barren land with dark skies, filled with floating marble-like structures of just about every color in the normal spectrum. Hiroki appeared in this area within moments of stepping onto the platform, and was left waiting to see what sort of opponent he would face. As he waited, he rubbed his hands against one another, carefully touching the rings on each middle finger.

At the mention of her pet name, the aptly named Reiko, stood, with a single doughnut in her hand. Her skin was surprisingly pink in color and she was dressed like a classic Djinn complete with gold jewelry and over-sized white pants and small black boots, and long black sleeves up each arm but attached to nothing. From the back of her body came a large pink tail which swished as she moved forward to the platform which would move her out. "Hai hai~" the woman said with black sclera and glowing red eyes which gave a gentle wink as she finished her snack before she'd find herself facing the member Eira had chosen from her peerage. When she arrived she looked around taking in the scenery. "Eh? I don't think I've ever fought here before..." she said seemingly amused by it. She looked to the blonde boy, and had a strange greeting to offer him. "I'm Reiko. I was a Djinn. And I don't normally fight alone..." she said as she began bouncing on her toes and then on her tail. "It's nice to meet you~" she said sounding very pleased regardless of what was about to happen here. "How about you introduce yourself, then... show me what you got~" she said offering the boy a wink with a bemused expression.

Eira to her credit sent an encouraging smile to her Bishop before she went and sat back down, in her previous seat beside Takumi. She knew her brother had many more options for this than she did, but she also had faith in Hiroki's abilities to defend himself. Upon seeing him and his opponent on the field a smile crossed her face. 'At the very least he'll get to see something cool...' she thought as she witnessed the pink Djinn calmly introduce herself.

Hiroki was ready for whatever challenge appeared from Sirtreize's side of the stadium. What he saw moments after his arrival was a female creature, whom he'd seen in passing during the party, but assumed she belonged to some other area of the Underworld. The last thing he would have expected was to discover she belonged to Sirtreize's peerage, much less that he'd be the one facing her. 'I wonder what kind of peerage Sirtreize Lucifer has. I'm already not seeing much that would make us comparable,' he thought.

After inspecting the battlefield and finding it new to her, the female combatant spoke to Hiroki directly. She introduced herself as a former Djinn, explaining right away the color and texture of her skin, as well as her tail to a lesser extent. She also mentioned that she did not typically fight alone. This simple fact was one Hiroki could relate to, and since he'd been asked for an introduction of his own, he offered that information along with it. "Yui Hiroki. Nice to meet you, Reiko-san. I should tell you that I also don't fight alone, but I don't think we have the same reason for that. Still... I'll do my best."

The first move was given to Hiroki, as far as he could tell. The demeanor of Reiko - in telling him to show her what he had to offer - was strange enough, as he was a bit taken aback by the added wink and general expression, but he prepared nonetheless. A bow of green energy formed in Hiroki's right hand, string and all, and the forefinger of his left hand extended as if he were holding an arrow. This was currently the most effective ranged form of his Twilight Healing Sacred Gear, sacrificing part of its ability to heal for much greater range, and far less consumption of stamina. After the training matches Eira's peerage had undergone prior to the Rating Game with Onoko, Hiroki completed this technique beyond what he previously thought possible. He'd seen his own weakness when using Reversal Magic offensively. His stamina was far from great enough to enter combat while expecting to accomplish anything like that. With this bow, though, he also found himself able to use Reversal Magic on his own abilities without draining himself nearly as quickly. The green light forming his bow turned red as he raised it, signifying that it had become the opposite of healing through Hiroki's magic. He aimed this bow at Reiko with his right hand rising to the string, and a trio of arrows formed in his grasp. Hiroki released these arrows simultaneously in a diagonal pattern. The uppermost arrow was aimed at Reiko's right shoulder, the center arrow carved a path toward the center of her abdomen, and the lowermost arrow aimed at her left leg. All three projectiles were the polar opposite of Twilight Healing, able to inflict raw damage on anything it touched and perceived as an enemy at the time, in the same way Twilight Healing was capable of repairing the wounds of any type of being it chose to.

Reiko seemed as cordial as ever, and much to her surprise the young man she faced seemed to be just as cordial. He'd gone on to introduce himself, finding a single commonality between them, the fact that they didn't normally fight alone. A smirk came to her face, because this young man claimed that they probably did that for different reasons, but she doubted that very seriously, not that he had any reason to know that. 'Sugoi!~ What a cute reaction~' the bemused Djinn thought noticing the slight shift as the young man was apparently unsure of how to respond to her wink. Soon enough she was doing something that the Djinn was somewhat familiar with, but not quite in this form. Strangely enough she seemed to be a bit amazed by what she saw, "Is that... Twilight Healing?" she asked as several arrows came flying towards her and she surprisingly enough didn't move out of the way of them. "Sugoi! You turned them into arrows... I've never seen it used like that before," the Djinn said seemingly wide eyed, but as three arrows made contact with her body they sank into her pink flesh.

There was pain there, and her eyes widened at the thought of it. Though her body was normally exceedingly malleable, the spots these arrows struck gave her an exceedingly high amount of pain and three gaping wounds. "Ano, that hurts. It's like... the exact opposite of Twilight Healing..." she paused thinking about it and found herself looking at this young man strangely. "That's really weird, so you run support too~" her body stretched around the pierced arrows and she balanced forward on her tail, making them fall out and dissipate. "We don't fight alone for the same reason by the way..." she mentioned. Strangely, the holes created by this boy's arrows didn't simply seal themselves up, like she would have expected. 'Ano, what did he do to me?' she wondered as she actually needed to heal her own wounds. So, she did, her tail coming up and around her and firing several green beams into the same areas previously pierced, she seemed to do this without any fear of what else could happen to her, seeming to be completely without guard.

Eira watched Hiro's opening move with wide eyes. She'd known about his ability to use his healing capabilities at a distance by use of an arrow, but she didn't know the young man had progressed his battle tactics to use the same to do damage to others by way of his Reversal Magic. "What a good idea, Hiro~" Eira chimed though the young man couldn't hear her, she was nothing but proud of this advancement. She wondered how it would far long term against the Djinn member of her brother's peerage.

"Hai. Twilight Healing is my Sacred Gear," he confirmed. Reiko was apparently surprised by, and perhaps even interested in his use of Sacred Gear. He had personally adopted Reversal Magic for the sole purpose of aiding his master, Eira, in ways that went beyond being a healer on the sidelines. Only now was he finally showing signs of being able to properly branch out from his normal role. This came into play when Reiko noted the functionality of his offense, comparing it in opposition to the standard healing of Twilight Healing. "I use Reversal Magic to make it un-heal anything it hits. As Eira Gremory's Bishop, this is the least I could do to develop my own offensive ability. If I hit someone enough, I could make them wither away." These words from Hiroki may have sounded slightly boastful, but he was quite satisfied with his own development. At long last, he would be able to participate as more than a helping hand to those who fall victim to their enemies' aggression.

Sadly for Hiroki, his opponent in this battle had some level of healing ability as well. The difference between Reiko and Hiroki though, was the former's ability to heal herself, even undoing the effect of Hiroki's reversed Twilight Healing. He had no clue he'd even made the minor accomplishment of stopping whatever method Reiko normally used to repair herself, having no idea how Djinn functioned. Still, he was cautious enough to fall back as she did this in such a carefree manner. She hadn't bothered avoiding his arrows, and now she was hardly even acknowledging the large opening she left when fixing the wounds. If Hiroki knew one thing, it was that not every opening was best taken.

Meanwhile, Eira took note of Hiroki's methods, and commented aloud. Since the start of the fight, Izuna had taken to floating around the room their peerage resided in. He eventually caught wind of the young woman's words, and floated to her fore. "He figured that out yesterday after his training match. You didn't really think nobody would take as much time as possible to get ready for the Rating Game, did you?"

Reiko got confirmation about this boy's Sacred Gear, and after taking several hits, it seemed he was fine to watch her heal herself. Obviously it wouldn't have mattered to her, if he'd attacked her while she healed or not, his explanation of what he'd done, and why he'd decided to progress as such made a small smile come to her face. "Hm, you don't say... that's interesting, mixing magic with your Sacred Gear to get a new effect," she said with a smile. "Not taking advantage of an obvious opening because it's too obvious..." she said finishing up healing herself and touching the spot in her abdomen which had previously been an open hole. "You really did something strange to me. I usually don't need to heal myself properly, my body moves around most things and I can redistribute myself, injuries usually bounce off me, refill and the like..." she mentioned casually. "I really commend you, Hiro-chan. You're really fun~" she chimed. Soon after she finally moved, but this time, her arms stretched forward clasping together behind his head without touching him, and instead taking hold of a large pink marble behind him. With this leverage she planned to rocket herself forward aiming a knee directly at his midsection at the full speed her body would have as her stretching came to an end. She'd taken his ranged combat method but in so doing, figured he likely wouldn't be ready for shorter ranged combat, even if he was, she had more than enough faith in her own combat skills to fight this way.

Meanwhile, Eira was given commentary by Izuna about how Hiroki had apparently figured out how to do this with his magic the previous day after his practice match. "Hm, I suppose I wasn't completely sold in my choices so I gave a lot of room for extra growth. Still, he made that sort of advancement in a single day~ It's amazing~" Eira said. She was always pleased with the growth and developments from her peerage, and she couldn't be happier that her Bishop was figuring out how to be useful on all fronts in battle.

Hiroki would be learning one more thing about this Djinn woman today. In this case, he was informed of how she normally recovered from wounds, and that he had managed to bypass that method with his attack. While this was an interesting thing to take note of, he was certain she could have just avoided the damage dealt with no issue. This natural advantage against such an opponent could perhaps come in handy one day, though today would certainly not be that day. Besides her self-healing, Reiko exemplified another ability of hers in the form of stretching limbs, obviously in relation to her most recently-mentioned physical attributes. Her arms extended without bothering to come into contact with Hiroki, instead grabbing onto a solid object in the air behind him. Reiko pulled her arms back into place, creating a shooting rubber band-like effect from her arms' recoil. This occurred so quickly after the initial stretching, that Hiroki could not even fathom the goings-on until Reiko was suddenly upon him. By then, of course, all was too late. Time itself seemed to slow down for the lad as a knee drove itself into his torso, knocking every speck of wind from his lungs before causing him to rocket into the very same marble Reiko used to pull herself. Hiroki hit the marble hard enough to chip it and leave his mark within it, and soon, he was on the ground beneath the marble, dissolving in a green ethereal glow known as the Retirement System. The fight was over for him just as quickly as it started, but he had at least done something. Hiroki would not be returning to Eira and the others. Instead, he was taken to a separate location for those who retired and needed tending to.

"For the first match, our winner is the Pawn of Sirtreize, Reiko! That was an excellent show of abilities on both sides, but any who have seen Reiko in combat should have known this was over long before it began! Now, let us have the next roll from our Kings!" While Szavelneas spoke to the audience, Sirtreize picked up his die again. He was already prepared and waiting for the announcement, and now that it had been given, he dropped his die into the bowl once more. This time, the number which appeared from his roll was...

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast