Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Gremory Territory

Much to her surprise, Sairevil wasn't toppled by the blow he took. But considering is placement akin to hers, Maiko could make some assumptions about why this was. His follow up attack was as powerful as ever, and she too, didn't have time to move out of the way of it and took a hook shot to the face and was sent flying, though she seemed to have no problem righting herself afterwards. She stood rolling her shoulders and rubbing the side of her face, "That's a good hit... I'm happy Eira-sama sent me out. This is the best!~" she chimed seemingly happy with her match up enough that she didn't mind she was now here.

Miyuki to the contrary seemed to be a bit stunned. This woman before her seemed to be less interested in what was going on here than even Miyuki. Though this was about the fight Miyuki expected to see with Maiko involved, she didn't expect to find out that the more senior member of the peerage she was apart of, was fighting against the nephew of their master. "Sugoi, Eira-nee's nephew," Miyuki seemed stunned by this information and given what this other woman had to say, found it strange that the lad was normally less wound up. About her, there was only a little Miyuki could manage to say. "S-su-sumimasen, Ryuume Miyuki. Nice to meet you," she mentioned, "And no I don't usually start fights..." she said, and sure enough, it wasn't in Miyuki's nature for her to be the aggressor in such situations. "But... I did promise to do my best," the young woman said with this in mind she held out her hand before her, willing a magic circle to appear which would shoot off several ice crystals in the direction of the maid, aiming to make contact with the woman and pierce and freeze her simultaneously.

"Hai," Sairevil said as his posture righted. "I was hoping I'd get to fight you, if not that Dragon Emperor." For whatever reason, Sairevil fully intended to fight what he expected to be one of the more physically intimidating presences of Eira's peerage. His exact reason for this was not one he intended to reveal, or rather... it was one he was told not to mention. For now, he held out his left hand toward Maiko, using it to beckon her toward him.

Zekrom was content to have a casual chat with Miyuki while Sairevil had his fight. She would have gone on to test Miyuki after either eliminating Maiko, or leaving Sairevil on the sidelines depending on who emerged the victor. However, Zekrom's words toward the young Bishop sparked something in the girl which caused her to attack. Zekrom sighed as she saw the magic circle appear before Miyuki, and raised her left forefinger to produce a magic circle of her own. When the ice shards made contact with this circle, they shattered against it. Zekrom waited until this barrage was over, and spun her finger around her own magic circle to create a mass of lightning which arced outward from the circle, then inward toward Miyuki's core as the multitude of bolts approached her.

"Yasukawa?" she questioned the other person this lad wanted to fight. "He's a good fight too~ He has strong fists!" Maiko said of Takumi, which was likely one of the highest rated compliments the raven haired girl would ever give. She was beckoned towards this lad and found herself grinning rotating her shoulders and bouncing on her toes. She got ready before she rushed this young man. Upon getting within striking distance, she performed a spinning kick clockwise towards the center of his being. She'd recently begun developing some extra fighting skills and now she was as comfortable with her kicks as she was with her punches.

"Sugoi!" it seemed that Miyuki was rather suddenly excited. The use of a barrier to block her ice, and the attack which followed led her to believe that she was right to assume this woman was also a Bishop. Strange as it might have been, Miyuki found herself shifting her hand after her barrage stopped and making barriers around herself. In doing this, she layered them with ice magic, which flowed naturally from her person without the use of magic circles. When the electrical attack of this maid had contact with all of the barriers, it created an even stronger defense trapping the lightning between it, and forcing it through channels of ice created between barriers which shattered bit by bit. This left her with a decent sized dome of ice around her but no damage from the electrical attack. She understood the magic in theory but it was way stronger than she could have handled without the ice. "I was curious about why you weren't attacking... If I hadn't put ice in that, my barriers would have shattered immediately!" exclaimed Miyuki, who was strangely cautious when being the one to start attacking. "Yo...yo...you're really strong!" the girl seemed to be excited. When the lightning subsided the barrier cracked before exploding outward causing a mass of snowfall around the pair of them. Upon thinking about this, Miyuki realized it was likely impossible for her to beat this woman standing before her in any kind of straight forward way. As the snow continued to fall, she held her hand before herself but instead of casting an offensive spell, she created within her grasp the white sword she'd developed from training with Youmu. She used it to immediately stab into the ground, causing the falling snow to condense with added ice, which she intended to have grow beneath the maid, with no obvious effect except to grow it outward.

"He has a name?" Sairevil asked. Since he had been told of the Red Dragon Emperor, he had only heard that very name. Never did he even think to ask his father the given name or surname of the Pawn in question, but that was simply something overshadowed in his mind by other thoughts. Whatever the case, his thoughts now had to be consumed by the fight at hand. Otherwise, he was under the impression that he could actually fall to his opponent. When Maiko decided to answer his beckoning, he prepared himself defensively to counterattack. Much to his chagrin, none of the punches he had begun anticipating occurred; Maiko instead spun clockwise to kick at him. His guard was too high, and his right side was left open as a result. Needless to say, Maiko's shin found its home in Sairevil's side, and he was launched toward his left. This movement threw him into the fray of the other battle, right between Zekrom and Miyuki. "Waka. Do you need assistance?" the raven-haired woman asked as Sairevil picked himself off the ground. "Hngh... Iie. I was taken by surprise, is all," he said while darting away from their battle, back toward his own. This time, Sairevil stopped before reaching attack range, and began stretching his arms. "Gomennasai. I looked down on you."

Zekrom sighed, finding it some level of bothersome that the youngest Gremory had put himself in such a situation. She apparently cared more about the other battle here than she did her own, as her gaze hardly found Miyuki, until the girl spoke to her directly. "Of course I'm strong," she said whilst crossing her arms and staring down the stammering girl. "I am a clergy of Sirtreize Lucifer. I could have shattered your little barrier with its ice, but I'm being generous and letting you figure out how you're going to put on a show." As she spoke, Zekrom found herself looking toward the ground at the ice formed by Miyuki. Clearly, it was making its way across the ground to Zekrom herself, but she seemed more interested in finding out what would happen as a result of this, than she did in whether it would actually be problematic or not.

"Yeah?! Of course he has a name. No one is named, Dragon Emperor..." Maiko said, seemingly surprised by the idea that this boy hadn't already realized that Takumi would have to have a proper name. She only had this extra bit of speech after having her shin connect with the midsection of her Master's Nephew. Having completed this manuever she watched as he tumbled into range of the other battle. "Gomen Ryuume, I didn't know he'd go that far," Maiko said in offering to her younger friend in her own peerage. Maiko managed to go wide eyed, watching as another tumbled between herself and her chosen opponent. "Iie, it's not a big deal, Mai-senpai." she managed thinking it strange. Maiko herself was soon confronted by Sairevil who gathered himself after admitting that he didn't require assistance. He turned to Maiko and admitted to looking down on her, which made her chuckle. "Well, that's stupid, and how you get your ass kicked. I thought you guys were supposed to be showing us how it's done and all... So I'll forgive as long as it doesn't happen again," said Maiko who raised a hand to the lad and motioned him towards herself. Of course, she was also keeping an eye on Miyuki in case the girl needed some assistance, but she wouldn't exactly interfere if the girl didn't ask her to.

Miyuki on the other hand got introduced to a level of arrogance she didn't think she'd ever encountered before. This being introduced herself as a Bishop of Sirtreize and went on to say she could have shattered Miyuki's barrier but was instead waiting on her to give a proper show. "Sugoi, you're so sure of that, it's awesome!" the girl said. She took this woman's words to mean that she wouldn't actually do much if anything about the things she did. Even so, she still decided to test this just a little more, Miyuki was far too cautious to trust her first instinct, and lacked the confidence of a person used to leading the tides of battle. She gave it only a second more of thought before, she turned her blade against the ground. The ice below this maid, would immediately spring up, but a quick slashing motion of the blade after it raised would follow. The dual action would cause the woman's body to freeze from below, while a white circle way larger shot straight up into the sky in a column of instantaneous freezing. Once it reached the sky, it would break, taking the maid with it.

"But he's a Dragon. They normally like being called by their title, if they have one," was Sairevil's retort. Apparently, the son of Sirtreize and Cinder knew some Dragons personally. In no way was he aware that the likelihood of Eira's newer members knowing Dragons was low, but then again, he wasn't even sure if Eira herself knew the ones he did. Maybe she did know, but that was of little importance. There was every chance that Eira's members that were presently fighting would understand what he meant soon enough. Without further ado, Sairevil brought his arm stretches to an end, and drew back his right fist. A forward punch was nowhere near close enough to strike Maiko, but Sairevil performing a few hundred punches in the blink of an eye allowed him to launch from his fist many blasts of light - spawned from the crystal on the hand of his armor - like a rapid-fire shotgun to fill the entire area surrounding Maiko. It was Sairevil's aim to strike her with a Devil's most common weakness, while keeping his attack's spread great enough to deal with even wide dodges.

Zekrom's left brow rose. The girl she had to face was very odd; she'd never imagined an opponent would be so excited by something as simple as confidence. Whatever sort of background this young Bishop had, Zekrom obviously couldn't compare. Regardless, she would soon be able to see for herself what Miyuki had to offer. The ice previously sent toward her via the ground spawned a freezing pillar that seemed to reach the heavens themselves. Zekrom was frozen with her eyes toward the sky. Merely a second later, though, the pillar of ice around her shattered, though by no means other than Zekrom moving her body from within it. For just a few moments, her frosty skin seemed slightly... scaly. She exhaled a mist that consisted only of chilled saliva, then spoke. "Kawaii~" she said as her face flushed with the returning warmth of her body. At last, there was a smile upon her face. "In maybe a few years, something like that would push me into a corner. Was that the height of your ability?"

There was much confusion in Maiko in this moment. "Well, Yasukawa, isn't exactly a straight up dragon... but I guess, I'll ask him what he wants to be called," Maiko said thinking about it. She tried to be a nice person but she didn't know the intricacies of dragons herself or anything like that. Regardless of her current state of confusion, there was a very real attack on the way to her person. She initially was going to use something different, and opened up her hand to use Reverse Magic to counter the singular fist she thought was coming. But... she was soon hit, hard enough that she erected the shield which was her Twinkle Aegis. The light shield created by the Artificial Sacred Gear she held, was enough to defend but she was being pushed back with no real hope of trying to counter-attack. Her would have been use of magic, put on hold while, she tried to think of a way to make it happen, without being bombarded by light.

Meanwhile, Miyuki gave a moment of hesitation before averting her gaze to witness the exchange between Maiko and Sairevil. She watched as Maiko tried to step outside of her comfort zone and had her hopes dashed in just a few seconds, but her eyes widened as she had an idea. Before she could voice it though, the cracking of the ice pillar alerted her to a change in things. Surprisingly, it wasn't what she'd come to expect of the move combination she'd used. Instead this woman, now slightly scaly with saliva mist from her mouth, was smiling and appreciating the attack just launched by Miyuki. 'I... used that on someone today... and they were retired. I used it here, and she's fine. I really am weak...' it seemed that Miyuki was shaken up a bit. "You...you... you're a dragon?!" she concluded surprised by this information. Dragons were strong, and she wasn't strong like the rest of her species there wasn't much she could hope to do about this and she knew it. "It's the most I can do like this..." she said sadly. Her own experience, led her to believe that the form she could take as a Yuki-onna didn't measure up enough to be useful. If her work as a devil wasn't enough, why should her lesser self from before make much if any of a difference? And while this happened Eira watched with wide eyes. "Come on you two, I know you've both got something else..." said Eira aloud and mostly to herself. As Miyuki's creator she knew about the girl's Yuki-Onna form, and given how the other Youkai in her peerage worked she knew it could help the girl immensely. She also knew that an expansion to the magical abilities of Maiko could help her more adequately deal with things against the more magically capable. The pair of them had inverted problems and all Eira had left was to wonder if they could fix each other.

"Oi oi, don't sound like that," Maiko managed as she started draining her own energy to try and push back against the barrage with her legs and her shield in front of her. "Sometimes you just gotta use your body to get it done!" Maiko finished up. She couldn't trust the strength of her magic alone, so she added her own physical strength to it. Miyuki looked up with wide eyes sparkling with frozen tears. "Sugoi! Mai-senpai is like that too..." she thought, seeing the girl without her own real use of magic, try her hardest to push back against a magical barrage with just her physical powers. "Mai-senpai... sometimes just forcing your body won't work... if you run that magic through your shield you can use it better... like the increased reach I get with my sword," offered Miyuki which made Maiko's eyes widen drastically. "Fuck, that's such a good idea." Maiko concluded, as her shield began to glow with her hands against, it. She forced Reverse Magic through it, and aimed to send the white light balls back towards Sairevil, with the strange addition of it turning the balls into Devil type magic instead, and giving her the freedom to move forward quickly. And with this something strange would happen.

A cold wind kicked up around Miyuki, "I can try something else. It's not really impressive, but it's the best I can do with my body..." the girl mentioned. As the cold settled upon her, her hair changed from black to white. Her body seemed to freeze, becoming like marble with her violet eyes standing out even more. She exhaled and ice crystals were created by her breath every footfall was marked by ice, and the cold seemed to become something felt by all.

"Hai~" Zekrom said excitedly as her gloved right hand rubbed against the side of her face. She was quite pleased now; gone was the apathetic nature of this Bishop from moments ago. Miyuki had even pinned her for a Dragon, which was an advancement she hadn't figured she'd be revealing at this point in the match. "I am Zekrom, the Deep Black Dragon, and Bishop to Sirtreize Lucifer." With that said, Zekrom began to coat the entirety of her right arm in lightning, preparing to bring an end to this if necessary. Miyuki, however, had something else to offer. She revealed her identity in a roundabout way. The power she wielded to create such a form as what she soon emerged with was that of a Yuki-onna, without question... but the form itself was far from the norm. "You're a Yeti? Strange. You look far more human than the rest of your species," she commented. Even so, it could not have been more apparent to Zekrom now what sort of power this girl wielded. The only thing in question was why her appearance matched myth more than reality.

Sairevil's opponent was also becoming a new form of challenge. Her sacred gear provided limited defense against Sairevil's unorthodox light attacks, but an exchange between the two girls of Eira's peerage led to her adding a special form of magic to it, changing Sairevil's attack to one of Demonic Power while throwing it back his way. Sairevil's eyes widened, and he was forced into moving to and fro in a way that allowed him to attack the altered forms of his own blasts, while doing everything he could to also dodge those he couldn't reach with his fists.

"KAWAII!~ That's what I like to see. Maiko has Revil on the run~ My cute little Youkai being herself~ Atta girl, Mi-yu-ki~ And way to go Maiko~" chimed Eira as she watched in astonishment as the small girl took the form she'd always known her to be capable. Of course, this likely didn't undo the years of doubt caused by her living among the rest of her people while they ostricized her, but it did a world of good for the small girl.

Miyuki herself was soon enough given a strange bit of speech by the Deep Black Dragon of Sirtreize's Peerage, who seemed more than a bit amused that she'd been properly identified. "Sugoi! It's nice to meet you, Zekrom-nee!" Miyuki still seemed a bit confused, and in her present form she felt infinitely comfortable, like she could feel all the magic she had in her body pouring outward. To the point that she didn't look like most of her species, Miyuki nodded, ice crystals shifting around her face and causing dust while this happened. "Iie, I don't look like them. Or rather... I only look like them when they are young... adult Yeti probably look more like what you are thinking of, but I... I won't ever be like that," Miyuki said, explaining lightly the difference this person probably saw from what they knew. This was likely at least partly the reason for Miyuki's personal complex, as she was raised to believe her form was wrong. "I'm locked into this form, even though I'm well into adulthood..." Miyuki managed to say. Maiko looked to the side with wide eyes, "You're a cute snow Youkai?!" she asked unreasonably shocked by the information. "Hai, su-su-sumimasen, I meant to tell you, You-senpai, and Hiro-senpai but... I didn't want you to think badly of me..." said the girl that intense bluish blush on her face. "What do you mean? That form is bitchin'!" Maiko said taking note of the fact the young Sairevil was now on the run from his own attacks being blasted back his way. With this happening, Maiko would aim to throw her still useful shield with the Reverse magic in it, spinning like a Yo-yo she aimed to connect with Sairevil as she tried to escape his backlash.

Miyuki's eyes widened at this point, she didn't expect any to just accept her. Izuna and Eira both knew of her original form, as they'd been around to pick her up. But, she'd sworn them to secrecy so that she could feel normal among their peerage, her strange blush aside. Hearing that the person most normal in their peerage though so highly of her, made her remember how excited Takumi had been at the thought of seeing it. She felt obligated to show him how cool she could be like this, since he had even less supernatural experience than she did. "Hai, I might be able to try something else... and put on that show you asked for..." the girl said. She felt uncommonly strong right now, and as such she took a strange stance, holding her sword in front of her she made it touch the ground several times. Until four strings of magic dance below and a large white light appeared beneath her. It didn't grow into a giant pillar around her as it had before. She found herself looking at this black dragon before her with conviction in her eyes. "Hakuren..." she said as a tsunami like wave of ice was created by her pushing forward through the magic tethers she'd created in the moments prior. It aimed to completely engulf the Dragon maid, pummeling her with snow and ice while trying to freeze her. This was the truest form of Miyuki's magic and was much more powerful than her previous attempts. And even Miyuki herself would realize this while she worked.

The apathy of Zekrom was long gone when Miyuki took on - and then explained the strangeness of - her new form. Though, it could rather be said that this was her old form, but it didn't seem to be something she had really made use of since becoming a Devil. Zekrom had to admit to being impressed. Even before any offense was staged by this form of Miyuki, she felt a constant chill building up. Frankly, even Sairevil felt the temperature dropping as he moved about. In a matter of moments from the time Miyuki and Maiko completed their exchange, the former was attacking with a torrent of diamond dust. "Kawaii~!" Zekrom said whilst viewing the expression on the girl's face. Her lightning-coated right arm was held out against the blast, and the lightning blasted outward to keep the opposing wave at bay, but she found herself having to pour out energy from her entire body to be capable of pushing through. "So determined... and so much stronger than before. I used to love crushing people like you," she commented. All the while, she was walking through Miyuki's blast, though it wasn't so much an apparently easy task. Her steps were made slow, but she kept her stride long with intentions of reaching Miyuki directly, and placing a hand charged with lightning atop the girl's head.

Sairevil remained on the move from the return of his own attack, and Maiko was on the offensive again. Her spinning mirror produced quite a problem for the lad, as he hardly had a method of avoiding it that didn't involve him running into his own attack from moments prior. He had a realization related to a discussion previously had with Sirtreize, and a smile grew on his face. In the middle of a forward hop, Sairevil turned to face the oncoming mirror, and it struck him directly. Sairevil's armor cracked and opened at the torso, and in the next second, he was fading into the green glow of the retirement system.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast