Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Magnolia Town

The group of angry adults were now yelling their greviences about the young teen presently stopped by Aine. As she stood she brought the boy up by the back of his neck a quizzical expression on her face. "Nice job, catching that brat." said one. "He stole all my money!" chimed in another. "He's a menace pick-pocketing all our hard earned jewels." the crowd seemed out for blood but then Aine just laughed again.

"Hmm, something about this situation seems awful familiar." she said looking at the small boy, who while a bit dusty looked rather well cared for. Such a boy being a thief didn't really make sense. Even so, Aine couldn't well let such a petty crime keep going. "Sou ka. This is how I met Iris." she murmured as the boy's eyes seemed to light up as he rolled around to look up at the blue haired woman. "Nani!? You know Nee-chan!?" he questioned with wide eyes. A grin crossed Aine's face. "Yep." she said seeming to completely ignore the angry crowd. "Fork over the kid. And our cash." they all chimed. A smirk crossed the young woman's face as she shook her head no.

"I can't hand him over, that'd be bad, he didn't mean it the way you think. But I can make him give back everything he took." she said to the crowd who seemed lulled and to the teens imploring eyes, she nodded. "Don't worry. I won't let anything bad happen. Give it back." she said to the young man who only seemed to be a bit disappointed. "But I can't I need it." he said looking glum. This only made Aine smile. "Well, I know that, but if you didn't earn it... you can't lead by example. And I know why you need it... so trust me, okay?" she asked of the boy with that same warm benevolent smile she was always giving others (Sasuke excluded). This would result in the little boy emptying various pockets on his person. Each with a pouch or item that belonged to a member of the crowd. The people all looked on astounded as the boy seemed to give up more and more of their items into this large pile and were more and more applauded by the amount he'd actually managed to steal.

Uriel decided to silently observe the goings-on. He found it interesting what sort of predicament this youth had gotten himself into, but he would not interfere. Instead, he observed as Aine dealt with the situation, and as the boy went through the process of returning all stolen property. Uriel kept up his appearance of casual smoking and observing, but he also took a single pouch containing a large sum of Jewels out of his kimono. The part-blonde Mage tossed said pouch into the pile that had fallen out of the boy's pockets, and proceeded to look away as if he had nary a clue where it came from.

"Wow, that is quite a haul. You are... quite accomplished I'll give you that." she said to the young man who looked a bit sheepish. "I'm sorry." he said as he reached through the pile and began returning things to the people they belonged to. In so doing eventually the pile was all but given back and the angry crowd of adults dispersed but not until one of them had a few parting words to the Guild Master. "Eh, set 'em straight." said this older gentleman who received a smile from the young woman as she nodded. "Sure thing~" she said only to watch as the little boy stood with what was apparently a large bag of coin but no one left to return it to.

"I... I don't know who to give this back to." he said confused. He didn't usually take things from people and not remember but this large sack of coins hadn't been in his possession this morning, and was now just left here after he'd given back everything that had previously belonged to group of angry adults. Aine looked at the sack and thought about it for a moment, sparing a glance at the blonde/black haired man who'd been in her company for the last few moments and assumed that he'd been the one to drop it. A smirk came to her face as she bent down to this young teens level. "I don't know, either, so obviously its yours. Told ya' it'd work out." she said to the young man while flicking her gaze towards Uriel. Which caused the young boy to do the same, though he didn't immediately understand why the woman had looked in the man's direction.

"Any way, if you want to earn some money, you should just join the guild... then you can take jobs and go honest and usually not have to run away from large crowds of people." she said giving the boy a nod. "But... I thought... I couldn't." he said looking abashed. "Neh, of course you can. But you gotta promise no more of this. And keep these crazy ideas out of your friends heads. Iris wouldn't be pleased to find out you guys are picking up her old bad habits, yeah?" she said to him and he frowned a bit with this pouch in his hands. "I guess not. Thanks, I'm really really sorry. I'll be good I promise." he said smiling up at the young woman who patted him on the head.

"Fine, fine. Run along, and after you do, whatever it is you need to do, come by the guild, okay?" she said only to watch as the boy grinned and ran off. "Okay~" he said and that was that. Aine stood after that and looked to Uriel.

"That was too nice, ya' know?" she asked of him acknowledging that she knew what he'd done as she headed on towards her destination, a bakery at the end of this street.

Uriel continued to silently enjoy his pipe, but once the group of previously enraged adults, and the red-haired boy, vacated the area, he began following Aine again. When she spoke of his earlier action in the presence of the young lad, Uriel closed his left eye and exhaled smoke while looking in the woman's direction. "I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about," he said. "So, where is it we're headed?"

"Ugh, you're one of those~" she said rolling her eyes. Of course, this man wasn't going to acknowledge what he'd just done which was incredibly nice for anyone to do for a complete stranger. Even so, she couldn't rightly complain about it, since she was a similar kind of person herself. Kind-hearted and shy, incapable of taking credit for things which she knew she was responsible for. She'd likely have given the kid all the cash she had on herself, if it hadn't been provided by the Wizard Saint at her side. Even so, when asked about where they were headed, such a moment was about to happen for her as well.

"There's a bakery at the end of this street. We have a new member, Iris picked him up on a job earlier. His name is Camus. So, I figured I'd order something nice for him to celebrate." she said with a nod. The woman was the Guild Master, but this was something she'd done a lot when she was younger as well. Granted she didn't actually have much of a chance to get to know the young man in particular, she figured she could just order a bunch of stuff under the likelihood that the Celestial Spirit Mage known as Camus would like at least one thing. Upon reaching and entering the shop, the smell of sweets would assault the pair and a huge grin would spread across Aine's face. A small portly man behind the counter would greet the pair. "WELCOME~ Let me know if I can get you anything."

"Ah, sou ka. That's rather thoughtful coming from a Guild Master. Most won't bother treating their members like..." Uriel paused as they approached the bakery. He needed to search his brain for just the right word to be used as a descriptor in this specific case, and as he and Aine entered the bakery and were greeted by the portly male, he finally found the word be had been looking for. "Well... family. It must be an honor to be a member of Fairy Tail with you as its Master."

"Well, not really. The whole Guild Master thing is pretty fresh on." she said about this being thoughtful of her. One rather odd thing about this woman, was that she likely would have done the same thing, a while back when she was just a mage in the guild. In fact, she'd been there long enough that she'd seen most of the new people arrive and treating them to sweets and having a big party to celebrate them was always apart of how they functioned. It was one of the happiest traditions they had so she wouldn't go against it. As Uriel went on to explain that she was treating her members like family she smirked still looking at multiple cakes and trying to decide which one to pick. "Well, we are family. Most of us only know Fairy Tail as our family, our best friends and rivals come from there. It's only right everyone see each other that way... though as siblings most of us fight more than we should." she mentioned sheepishly. As for it being an honor to be in the Guild under her she simply shook her head. "It's not an honor to be in Fairy Tail. It's fun. I doubt that has anything to do with me being Guild Master, it was this way, even when I was just another kid Mage with nowhere else to call home.~" she said having come to a decision about the sweets she looked to the man who worked here. "Oi, Jii-san. I'll take one of everything. Have them sent to Fairy Tail." she said only to make the man's eyes widen.

"What what what? That's so many, it will take several hours, and all my apprentices." he said which only made the blue haired woman shrug. "Eh, I am sure you can do it. Here." she said reaching into her cleavage and pulling out a large coin purse which would contain several hundred thousand jewel. "This should about cover it. Take your time, I gotta make sure the others didn't destroy the place while I was gone." she said waving the man off. "HAI MA'AM!" said the baker with bright eyes as he felt the weight of this and knew it was worth way more than what this woman had asked for. she'd turn back to Uriel. "Did you want anything?" she asked knowing that she'd ordered so much because she had no idea what Camus liked.

"Fun..." Uriel fell silent for a moment as he considered how the members of Fairy Tail felt about their Guild. It had to be nice, having so many people around to consider family. "Sou ka. I can't imagine. I've never had anyone I would call family." With that said, Uriel wandered aimlessly around the shop, viewing various pastries here and there. When Aine ordered one of everything, he simply thought it to be the case that Fairy Tail as a Guild had that many members. Little did he know. Aine soon chose to ask the man if there was anything he wanted, to which he shook his head with a smile. "I'm fine. Thank you, though."

"Yeah... fun." she said as if clarifying though she'd basically just repeated herself. She often found people's reactions to Fairy Tail as a guild quite strange. This was mostly due to the fact, that most people simply thought them a bunch of reckless, destructive people. It wasn't until most of them got a chance to really get into the guild life, and sit around with them when they weren't just doing their jobs that they got to understand what it was really like. With this in mind she grinned, knowing that it would be a better explanation to let this man experience this moment than her telling him about it. "Sou ka." she said thinking about what he'd just mentioned about not having any family. Despite the things she had been told about this particular man being a potential enemy, suspicious and a bit undesirable... she didn't really like the idea of anyone feeling like they didn't have a family. Such a fate was worse than anything she could imagine. "Wanna come to this party? I mean... I feel like I should be nice since you were so nice to me and all... and it would be much better than trying to explain what it's like." she offered. It wasn't really anything bad, plus being around him a bit more would give her a chance to piece together for herself what kind of man he was. And though many thought her methods strange, she'd yet to find a case she couldn't turn around. With this she'd head for the door and back out into the streets.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123