Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Magnolia Town

Magnolia Town

Magnolia Town (マグノリア タウン Magunoria Taun) is a city located in Fiore. Magnolia has a population of 60,000 inhabitants, and is a merchant city that has been prosperous in Magic since the ancient era. Such reputation was supported by the fact that the town houses the strongest Guild in Fiore, Fairy Tail. Magnolia is located in the center of the southeastern part of Fiore, with the sea and Hargeon Town not too far to the south, a series of minor built-up areas (namely Onibus, Kunugi, Oshibana and Clover Town) linked to it by a railway line to the north, and the state boundary with the nation of Bosco to the east. Magnolia possesses a large built-up area, extending over a large, rectangular surface to the shores of Sciliora. Splitting the town vertically and horizontally is a series of large roads. The whole place is western in style, with its buildings being mildly reminiscent of neat Medieval ones. Located almost in the middle of the town, overlooking Central Path, a horizontal road where events and parades are held, is Kardia Cathedral, one of Magnolia's most important and distinctive landmarks. In the northernmost part of the city, sitting on the shore of Lake Scilliora, is Fairy Tail's building; to the west, on a hill overlooking the built-up area, is the Guild's female dormitory, Fairy Hills. In the southeastern section of the city is the train station, which, to the west, has the HalfCocor Hotel Bar, the Toy Store Tom and the Magic Store Lendis; north from the station, on the town's western border, is the entrance to the park.

Town Locations

Fairy Tail Guild Headquarters

Fairy Hills

Kardia Cathedral
    Spoiler:

Magnolia Public Bath
    Spoiler:

Magnolia Hospital
    Spoiler:

Book Land
    Spoiler:

Mag Drug
    Spoiler:

Magnolia Station
    Spoiler:

The time was high noon. The light of the shining sun reflected off the hull of a brand new train as it slowed to a stop in Magnolia's train station. This was a docking which had been scheduled for the previous day, and for an older train at that. In fact, the old train had been destroyed, and replacing it was an overnight job done by the station from which it departed most recently. The disappointment and fatigue was visible on the face of one particular young man with blonde hair and blue eyes. His name was Camus Denikin, and he was a freelance Mage wandering the world and doing odd jobs which people perhaps lacked the currency to pay Guilds for. For now, though, he was using the majority of his available funds simply to visit a place he'd never managed to see with his own eyes: The infamous Magnolia Town. When he stepped off the train, a single, deep breath of fresh air was taken. He also took a moment to take in the sight of this place. "So... this is the place."

At the opening of this train station a girl was standing atop a soap box drawing attention to herself. She seemed to be some kind of street performer and she was in the process of putting on a show. "Come one, come all, watch the amazing Iris~" she announced and with this and a decent number of travelers gathering around she began her magic show. It was very odd to watch as magic flowed from this girl's hands and she created a great number of small crystal like gems in various colors. There were five in total one red, one blue, one green, one gold and one purple. And many people's eyes would widen as they watched. The crowd began clapping as the girl began by tossing one of these palm sized gems up into the air, then another, then another, until eventually all were being juggled. This was of course, a minor magic show and she was just trying to earn a bit of extra cash. Her hopes to gather the money she needed to pay for her dream apartment. She was dressed in gothic- lolita style wearing a red dress and black lace thigh highs. A small pair of heels completed her outfit and her black hair was gathered in two pigtails on top and the back free and loose. As she moved about here, she put on a showing of various feats as she juggled all earning her a decent amount of jewel which were being collected in a crystal dome marked "DONATIONS" And if one looked rather closely, they would see... a Fairy Tail guild mark, on the back of the girl's right shoulder just above the hemline of her dress, blue in color. Which was to be expected she was after all, a Fairy Tail mage by the name of Iris Sweeney.

'Hm?' the man thought as he moved toward the train station's exit. His attention was grabbed by a woman's voice, and when he looked toward its source, he saw a street performance akin to what one would find in a magical circus. Camus joined the crowd, finding himself with a front row spot off to the performer's left side. This man in a tattered brown cloak may have seemed rather poor, but he had a decent amount of currency on his person; a bit over 100,000 Jewel after the trip. When he looked at this Iris woman, he saw no indications of Guild affiliation, and could only think that she was one much like himself: a lone Mage trying to get by in this society. With this in mind, he walked by the show and put his faith in the unknown future of his wallet. Camus did this by dropping a pouch, containing exactly 100,000 Jewel, into the receptacle provided by this performing Mage as he made his way through the other side of the crowd.

As she finished up her show she noticed a rather kind stranger dropped her a pouch within her donations container. "Thank you all for your donations, it's much appreciated." she commented to the crowd. As she'd all but finished up the show, she allowed the gems to land within her hands and handed them out to the crown picking up the last deposit into her back and finding the pouch to be rather heavy. Upon finding it she looked towards the tattered looking man and then back within the pouch her eyes widened. "Oi!" she said keeping the rest of her donations by compressing that gem but keeping the pouch outside the rest. The crowd was dispersing so she found it rather easy to catch up with the young man and stand before him bowing swiftly and holding in her hand the donation he'd just dropped for her. "This is awfully kind of you, but I can't accept this. You're really nice though." she said with her body leaned so far forward the guild mark on her shoulder would be visible to all. This was a Fairy Tail Guild Mage, who was simply putting in a bit of extra work to help pay the first couple of months rent on her new apartment. But she really couldn't allow a random stranger who seemed to be a bit down on his luck himself, to pay a whole months rent. He looked to need it way more than she did.

Camus was content to continue walking aimlessly around Magnolia town, but soon after leaving behind his donation for the performing Mage, he was stopped in the open by the very same woman he'd given the Jewel to. When she bowed before him, he paused, looking a bit sheepish while rubbing the back of his head through those magnificent, cascading locks of gold. "Neh, neh... it's no big deal, really. I'll just make the money back somewhere else nearby." At that moment, Camus was finally able to see the mark placed upon this woman's shoulder. "Oh! Is that a Guild Stamp?"

"Of course it's a big deal." the girl said her eyes widening just a little, as she once again tried to offer the man the money he'd given her. She found it odd that this man could be so abashed and seemingly nonchalant about the money he'd given up. And yes, money could be earned at any time, but it was still a lot for her to just accept from a random stranger, beyond that, even without this man's donation she had what she needed and she didn't want to take too much. It seemed he was bent on moving past this part of the conversation and when he did, she grinned and nodded standing up a bit straighter. "Yes, it's a guild stamp. I'm a mage in Fairy Tail." she said with a huge smile on her face. This girl was apparently very open and happy and beyond that she seemed to be rather friendly and forth coming with information about her guild. "And that is exactly why I am trying to give you back this major donation. I got paid that much just to do the magic show. I can't in good conscience let another Mage give up that kind of money for something I was going to do anyway." she offered with a smile.

"Well, if it's that big a deal to you, that's just more reason for me to not take that money back," he said. This man was very keen on this money not returning to him now that he'd given it away. Even knowing this woman was a member of a Mage Guild, he could accept that if she was putting on a public show for spare change, she could benefit from his donation all the more. This was unchanged by the fact that she was a member of the legendary Guild of Fairy Tail. However, gaining this information brought a grin to the man's face. "Fairy Tail? I never thought the first person I met here in Magnolia would be a Fairy. Lucky~!" Camus finally stopped rubbing his head, and lowered his arm to his side. This woman knew him to be a Mage, which caused him to raise his left brow. "You can tell I'm a Mage? I'm impressed."

"But..." the girl was in the process of resigning herself to accepting this very large charitable donation. It seemed the kind stranger was also rather stubborn in his desire that she keep this donation. "Fine. I suppose I won't turn away such kindness..." she mentioned dropping the pouch of coin back into the gem she'd so recently compressed with the rest of her donations from her show. Beyond that he was apparently surprised that he got to meet a member of Fairy Tail here in Magnolia Town. This only served to make the girl blush rather faintly. "Why is it lucky? Are you looking for us?" she asked this question mostly innocent as she couldn't help but wonder how one could come to Magnolia Town and not expect to encounter a couple of members of Fairy Tail. As this conversation pressed on, her new friend apparently wondered how she figured him for a mage, and was impressed by the correctness of this information. "I don't really have an explanation, you just remind me of the rest of us. Especially me a while back." she said with a shrug. In so doing, she realized she hadn't properly introduced herself. "Oh, and I'm Iris Sweeney. Figured you might as well know my name, since you are to date... my highest donating patron." she offered with a grin.

"That's the spirit!" the man replied with a smile. It seemed Iris had nothing solid for her assumptions of his status as a Mage, aside from some apparent similarities to herself and other such Mages. This made Camus chuckle, but now that he was made to realize introductions had yet to take place, he bowed to the woman. "It's a pleasure to meet you. My name is Camus Denikin, and I am a Celestial Spirit Mage. And no, I wasn't looking for you guys, but I figured I was sure to run into a few of you. I just didn't think it would be so soon."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast