Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: [Fairy Tail] Headquarters

Iris was quiet once more, it seemed that her guildmate felt the need to question her behavior beyond her particular explanation. This was starting to annoy the raven haired girl in a way that would soon become very obvious. But she'd let the woman speak because she still wasn't quite rude enough to interrupt. Meanwhile, the young man known as Axel, seemed to be having difficulty finding the right words. "Don't hurt yourself, Axel... I'm waiting when it finally comes to you~" she said.

"You know, I have no problem taking advice. Good intentions being what they are and all." started Iris only to continue on with a similar. "Don't speak to me about the trials as if I haven't been preparing for them, it isn't as if sideshows and the like are all I do, I have the highest clear count of any under S-rank Mage as far as captures and monster hunts are concerned. Solo. I only don't bother with S-class missions, because I know the S-class trials come down to being every individual for themselves... and knowing that I won't have back up every single time, I wanted to prepare myself not to be dependent. So, I'm not." she mentioned as she leaned forward her head resting in the palm of her hand as if she was bored. And it was while this happened that Axel finally remembered what it was he wanted to say and when he did the black haired girl cut her blue eyes towards him her lips coming together into a tight line and her brows raising. "Hm, well at least you're honest." she said only to gesture to Eve. "This one is obviously bored enough to want to fight but doesn't know how to just ask." A grin came to Iris' face in this moment because she'd decided what she was going to do about this situation. "So... tell me Eve, are you really trying to take a beat down?" the girl said, such aggression was usually unseen from this girl. But perhaps she was a bit more like the rest of her peers than her normal demeanor would let on?

More words to defend the hole she had dug for herself were all that Eve would hear from Iris. If there was one thing she could say, she had effectively gotten under the raven-hair's skin though it seemed similar to going around in circles now in her own perspective. That or Iris just wasn't seeing what she meant. Honestly she could defend herself and laud her supposed achievements until she was blue in the face, but her points would still stand at the dangers being different from most perils to date. Those trials had ways of changing people, and it wasn't something she ever felt worth dealing with herself. The more their logic clashed though the more Eve began to not care, though she was curious if Iris really could even hold her own as apparently she wanted a fight at Axel's urging, once more misunderstanding her. Maybe Iris would make her break a sweat.

Ever so calmly finishing off her cup of tea before it could go cold, Eve would then stand up from her stool and gather her parasol. "While my words were more meant for the trials themselves that you're both keen on putting your neck on the line for, I suppose this would expedite things and show me what you're capable of. Very well, we shall take this outside unless you want to pay Aine for any damages. Do try to sate my apparent boredom now, for I could use a workout." With only a glance at the other two she would make her way for the door, knowing they would follow.

"I heard the magic words!" When both ladies seemed to be on board with a fight, and Eve began moving toward the building's exit, Axel sprung up with a large grin on his face. Interesting enough, his eyes were very much glazed over in this moment as well, and the pink tint in his cheeks made it apparent that he still lacked sobriety. But, it was this fact that made him so willing to fight. There had been no sign of Aine returning with any new S-Class jobs of interest to him, so this would be how he sated his drunken boredom today.

"Yahoo!" Axel exclaimed as his body was encased in lightning. He then moved through the air as if he were the lightning itself, albeit in even more of a zig-zag pattern than he would have normally traveled. After crashing into a couple of tables, and one wall, Axel found himself landing outside the Guild Hall with his shroud of lightning fading away. "Oh no... Someone should be taking care of me..." he said while hunching over to try and regain his equilibrium.

Iris had no more arguments to give as she also left the building. "Yeah, I'd rather not dip into my funds to make anything up to Sis. She's... well I wouldn't want to make her upset." she said to no one in particular adding on a bit more given Axel's antics on his way out of the place and his subsequent assertion that someone should be taking care of him. "Axel, if you need to be taken care of, you probably shouldn't be participating, yeah? Though it'd be a shame if you couldn't pull yourself together, after all, I was hoping you'd show me how S-class mages do this sort of thing~" she teased the young man, not knowing what sort of reaction he'd have. She stood still with her hands on her hips waiting for what was to come because she was almost certain something would be coming from one of these two, and she'd rather wait to see what it was than... attack of her own accord.

"So, then, who is first?" she asked producing a gem on the tip of the index finger of her right hand allowing it to spin as she grinned at the pair of them. But she made no moves to do anything aggressive at this point. She had far more patience than that.

So it had been agreed upon by all parties with fair ease, though Eve really didn't mind as much considering she was between missions and had no real goals to achieve at present. Plus it never hurt to see what fellow guild members were capable of. Either way it would be a suitable way to entertain herself for the moment. Though it appeared the first move would be up to her, as much as she disliked doing so in fights that were purely for sport.

"Take care of yourself, would you Axel. You wouldn't like the care plan I have in mind." Opening her parasol she would perch it on one shoulder as she held it in her left. One hand would do to start, she had zero intention of showing her full hand regardless. With her right she would conjure up a wave of energy that started off in the shape of a tomoe just large enough for what she needed. After a moment a second would appear just behind Iris. Placing her arm into the blueish-green energy it would appear that the two points were connected as Eve would then swing at the back of the girl's head with enough force for her opponent to possibly lose balance before retreating the arm back through the portal.

"It's best to just act sometimes. Now show me your stength or I may not take you seriously."

"Ugh... I'll be fine," Axel said as he worked to regain his bearings, and retrieved another cigarette from a pack in his left pocket. While he was lighting it, he focused intently on the goings-on between the other combatants. Eve was the first to lash out, but not towards him; no, instead she aimed her starting attack at Iris by means of what appeared to be a strange form of teleportation. 'Space manipulation?' he thought, though he soon recalled an incident of similar proportions coming from one of the other S-Class Mages. 'No... It couldn't be that.' Regardless of the thoughts flooding his mind, Axel focused on successfully lighting his cigarette. When he did, he took the first drag and returned the lighter to his pocket, choosing then to wait for an opportune moment to intervene. After all, there was no point in him becoming too involved here.

Iris seemed to still be standing still waiting for whatever was to happen. She took note that Axel seemed to be sitting this round out, and had her eyes locked on Eve, who still seemed rather content to tease the young woman. Still nothing but a smile was on the raven haired girl's face as that one gem continued to spin on her finger even as a magic started. A few seconds later though it would appear the girl was completely caught off guard by a hand coming at her from... behind?!

It was a shocking turn of events. Iris' face showed nothing but surprise as that one gem and herself fell, and continued to do so right until she hit the ground seemingly shocked that such a thing was possible and unable to catch herself. It would appear that the girl's impact with the ground had been too much her body shattered into millions of tiny crystals. Iris seemed simply to have relocated to the area right beside Axel with no real explanation of how she had gotten there, because it didn't seem like anything her magic should have been capable of. But beneath her feet she stood across something that looked a bit like a ring blade and kicked it up so that she could twirl it around her arm instead. Shifting towards Eve now with a huge grin on her face. "You not taking me seriously could end badly for you... just saying. Believe what you will... but acting like that, you aren't actually going to be able to touch me." she said and just like that the ring blade and the exploded version of the girl began to turn into a crystal set of thorns and vines all crawling towards the young woman known as Eve, in an attempt to trap her where she stood, potentially damaging her with their sharp edges. After all, Iris wasn't dumb enough to do any more than she had to, and to her, crystal manipulation was a parlor trick. Simple but effective.

The shattering of the crystals after falling from Eve's little shove had been a nice effect, though the girl who caused them was very much flesh and blood. Plus that was almost too easy. If the girl had used some sort of teleportation it would be easy to prevent future occurrences for Eve but that would be saved for only if she proved to be a headache in moving all over the place. Though that didn't seem right considering she was apparently a crystal user. It seemed Iris was one to keep an eye on as she was probably hiding something, though for now she was keen to give her location away of her own accord, by speaking up beside Axel. "And I've not once said I'm not taking this seriously, dear Iris. I just enjoy making you tick to see what you can bring. It seems to be working so far. Remember that this isn't a test for me."

Movement out of the corner of her eye would turn Eve's attention back toward where Iris had been originally. There, the fragments of those crystals that had shattered previously seemed to be reforming. Thorns, vines, jagged looking edges seemed to be creeping towards her, enough to make her take a step back once more. They seemed ready to close in on her the closer they inched. With the same hand that she had used in her initial attack she would reach forward in the direction that she was truly threatened as another wave of energy formed at the base of her hand in the form of a small orb. Secondary orbs would form along the crystals briefly before exploding, keen on blasting the thorns into oblivion before they could trap her. Another would appear between Iris and Axel as well where they stood as she focused once again on them, as a reminder that they best be on guard as that as well erupted into an explosion. "Plus, I don't even necessarily need to touch you."

Axel continued smoking his cigarette, seeming a bit less than interested in the goings on. Of course, he was actually interested, but his focus was mostly on maintaining as much sobriety as he could. It seemed as if nothing would be coming his way, but following Iris' attack on Eve, the later retorted with an explosive orb that threatened Iris as well as himself. Axel's eyes shifted toward this orb, and when the explosion occurred, he moved away while once again using his spell which covered his body in lightning and maximized his speed. He stopped his movements, or rather, he was stopped when he slammed his body into the Guild building. "Ugh... fuck," he groaned as he pulled himself out of the indentation he'd made in the wall. "Fine, fine... I'm involved now. Guess I'll give you guys a taste of what's to be expected during the trials, huh?" When this was said, Axel began to emit lightning from his body, and his skin began taking on a scaly appearance as his Magic Power rose to incredible heights.

Iris was rather content at the moment, given she didn't assume the woman to be fail enough to fall prey to her initial attack. She had nothing in particular to say to the response of the woman known as Eve, who didn't seem to be understanding what Iris was getting at, nor did she seem to understand that she wasn't really trying someone like Axel. But at this moment, Iris was more than ready for the attack that came next. Another magic spell would start creating around the girl a wall of crystal which she'd used to withstand the blast without actually moving anywhere. Beyond that, even though the blast was sufficient enough to apparently cause the crystal to crack under its pressure... it seemed to be repairing itself with Iris standing behind it. The raven haired girl opened her mouth to say something snide to Eve but before she could, it seemed that Axel was ready to join the fray and he did so in a way that stopped Iris in her tracks.

"...." she could say nothing. The heights that this one's magic power rose to, were unlike anything she'd ever encountered before. Actually, it was beyond what she originally thought possible for someone within her age group. But she did know of Axel's abilities as a Dragon-slayer so she couldn't be completely surprised. Still in this moment she knew, that if she had to, she couldn't actually take this young man in a fight, she knew this with an absoluteness which made her tremble behind her crystal wall. "Well, her I could take, but I can't put a dent that..." she finally managed.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast