Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: [Fairy Tail] Headquarters

Quick thinking had saved both of their hides for that moment, though she did note that the crystal could still be damaged by even those explosives. Maybe if she focused just a bit more on a larger or more condensed blast, it would work to her advantage. Such things were well within her ability, considering that as far as she could see was her turf in this battle. Just enough pressure could break the mouse out from her crystalline hidey-hole. The bigger problem however would be Axel. Now that he had been caught up in her attack as well there wasn't any denying he was now involved, though such a thing could partly be attributed to Eve he could just as well stayed out of it if Iris hadn't gone to his side. Seeing him right his posture after the nice dent he had put in the guild hall she had a feeling about what was to come, as though the air itself had almost become charged the moment he spoke up and allowed his magic power to flare before the both of them. It was that which made her breath hitch slightly in her throat, though she kept her poker face. Even if it was dangerous now, Eve wasn't going to back down until the situation had resolved in some way. If anything her priorities would just shift slightly from being fully offensive to saving her hide a lot more than she had previously needed.

"So you've sobered up at last, Axel." After a bit Iris had followed up with a comment she wouldn't touch upon considering the fact that to her they had yet to even fully start. Or at least that was the case in Eve's perspective. Now though things would be starting to get good. As if to respond to the shift from two-way to three-way melee Eve would take the moment to close and drop her umbrella on the ground beside her. Her left hand would reach out towards Iris as she sought to trap the crystal mage in a sphere of her territory, taking the initiative once more to step things up. With her left hand occupied the right, meanwhile would make an arcing motion that was clearly aimed at Axel as several orbs formed along where her hand had waved before firing off in his direction. Those would explode upon contact, regardless on whether they hit person, crystal, or building.

"Ohohoh, that feels good~" Axel said as the lightning surged through his body. He hadn't used this form, or even his Dragon Slayer Magic since his last big job, and it had been at least a month since then. While he was still suffering from intoxication, the sensation of transforming alone was somehow pleasurable to him. And, he had only just begun to change. The slits that were his pupils became even more narrow than they were on a normal basis, and his canine teeth elongated into a fang-like appearance. Following these physical alterations, Axel's Magic Power became visible. The lightning branching off his body took on the form of a Dragon. Perhaps Eve intended for her attack orbs to detonate against his body. Or, perhaps she didn't. Either way, the explosions occurred when contact was made with the aura of lightning that was his Magic Power. The fanged grin on Axel's face widened until it was almost sinister in appearance. "That's all you've got for me? I'll end this right here!" And with that, Axel leaped into the air, inhaling deeply to prepare his signature attack. "Rairyuu no Houk--UGH!" Axel may have thought he had sobered up enough to fight properly, but in attempting to utilize the Lightning Dragon's Roar, he discovered how very mistaken he was. Instead of spewing lightning from his mouth, he nearly vomited on the spot. His transformation reverted with much quickness as he fell to the ground. "Ngh... oh no..."

As their moment of combat continued... it would seem that Eve was now changing up her tactics a bit. She was trapped within the space she was currently occupying not only by her own wall, but also by the magic known as Territory which belonged to the other young woman she was fighting against. A smirk came across Iris' face as explosions were apparently to take place right up against her crystal and such an explosion would cause more cracking as such, Iris decided now would be a good time to simply let this wall fall away, giving herself a bit more room than previously. Such a thing would of course end in a bit of concussive damage as this happened, Iris would hit the ground and begin coughing... Only to be further intimidated by Axel's show of power and the lightning coming off his body, there was something so primal about it, it shook her to her very core. But beyond that fear there was something else there... but she couldn't quite place it. It was as if her body wanted and knew something similar, but her mind wouldn't let her near it.'Yare, yare... maybe I'll just get lucky in the S-class trials and not face this one, something about this energy... feels so familiar. Oh whatever... I might take him up on that offer to go with him on a mission~' she thought exclusively of the young man preparing to do something drastic to avoid the discharge which was likely coming from the man.

Iris had a hand over the ground a different kind of magic forming as if she intended to do something else entirely to avoid the damage she assumed was coming her way, but... when Axel tried what would have been his signature move of great proportions, he instead nearly tossed his cookies and reverted his form completely. This would cause all the tension to flee Iris' body in a single moment of comic relief which would cause the magic she'd been creating to stop completely instead as she stood, giggling and dusting herself off. "Wow, Axel... I worried for a second I was going to have to try something crazy... now I kinda just want to get you something for that upset stomach of yours~" she mentioned rotating her shoulders wondering why she'd allowed herself to take such a direct hit. After a moment a small chipping sound could be heard coming directly from the young girl, but she seemed not to notice it, until of course, all the crystal covering her body shattered. Falling to dust around her. This would cause the girls' eyes to close on a reflex which would seem odd. "That isn't good..."

Eve should have expected her explosions to do little, though in truth that was only a fraction of what she could really do with the magic, though anyone who had at least seen territory magic would know such a thing. Still it was a fresh reminder on just how durable and capable Axel could be in how they were shown to do what was likely minimal damage to the dragon slayer. That was also a fact he seemed to feed off of as his grin grew, becoming almost bestial in nature in the process. Bringing both hands in front of her she had been about to conjure up a shield in front of her with her territory to fend off Axel's retaliation...only for the slayer to fall short of actually attacking as he seemed to grow sick. All to quickly the threat seemed to dissipate, leaving her in a moment of stunned silence, arms still extended for the shield she wouldn't need to create. As the darker haired woman picked herself up and began to giggle, the territory no longer binding her, Eve herself couldn't help but laugh though she would hide it behind her hand as she scooped her umbrella up once more. "I'm honestly quite glad that attack of his didn't work and that he really didn't lose his lunch. He could have won just off of grossing us out then I fear."

Perching the umbrella upon her shoulder Eve would turn away from Iris, whose apparent armor of gemstone had shattered. Somehow she figured that the girl would likely take care of the ill male. If not, well, he'd pick himself back up eventually and nurse what felt like a certain hangover. "Let's leave it at that for now. He's not in any state for this and I think we've had our own fun yes? Anything more can be had at the trials themselves, should I choose to finally participate, that is. For now, I do think I'll be headed home, having spent far long enough here." Considering matters over and done with from her perspective, Eve would then take that as her cue to head back in the direction of the small place she was renting.

Axel remained immobile for several moments, but he soon started sniffing the air, and his eyes opened wider. "Ne... ko..." he said when he confirmed the scent he'd been picking up over the past few seconds. Axel would soon be seen stumbling into an upright position with his eyes on the horizon. Someone was encroaching upon Fairy Tail... another member, in fact. This particular member brought a grin to the young man's face. "Food..."

"Eh, I feel strange." said Iris as she created crystals over the lenses of her eyes. Once she'd done this she opened them once more but what she'd done wouldn't be made totally obvious unless one noticed the slight oddness of the shape of her pupils but this wasn't really a matter to be discussed. A second later though it seemed that Eve also found funny Axel's random outburst and the subsequently excused herself from their presence. A bit of a chuckle came from Iris as she considered that they were quite done for the day. "Hai hai, some other time." she said moving right along it seemed that Axel was focusing on two random and seemingly unrelated things.

"Cat and Food?" she said confused just a bit. "Eh, how about... I get you some people food and you explain what you mean." she said offering the man her hand and shoulder not sure he would be able to make it on his own. Little did she know there was a young cat approaching. Though she didn't actually look like a cat. She was wearing a blue open coat with a fur lined collar. And a short black pleated mini-skirt. On her head, messy black hair and a pair of Lacrima Headphones. And attached to her skirt a seemingly large tuft of fur and a tail with a golden star shaped charm. She would take a deep breath right outside this area and frowned. 'Oh great... who gave him drinks?' she thought waiting for a few seconds around the front of the building.

When the person he smelled in prior moments stepped into plain sight, Axel staggered forward with his arms outstretched as if he intended to reach out for the cat-like woman. "Rara... help," he said before stumbling, and nearly losing his balance just before reaching the woman. "I've never been so happy to see you... Rara~"

Having stepped right on in after her moment of hesitation she soon found herself confronted by the young man she'd been thinking shouldn't be drinking. A frown came over her face, as he called her by a name that she'd repeatedly asked him not to. "You're drunk." said the woman with her rather feline appearance.

As Axel stumbled towards this new person, Iris watched a bit of confusion on her face. She couldn't say she'd ever seen this woman before this point. "Rara? I've never seen this person before." she stated a bit obliviously walking in circles around the woman and spotting the guild mark coming both above and below her rather extravagant shirt. "Sou ka. You're still a member though like Axel." she said smiling. "Nice to meet you." she finished. This girl's speech brought a bit of confusion to the feline woman's face. She looked at her for a moment and then frowned.

"You're dense aren't you?" she asked only to follow up with more specifics as Iris looked a bit shocked. "We already know each other. Think about it a few more seconds I am sure it will come to you." she said only to let her hand begin to spark with lightning magical energy. "And you... I am so not dealing with you while you're like this. Eat up." she finished as the power expanded from her extended hand right into the face of the Lightning Dragon Slayer.

An expression which could be called devious crossed Axel's face as the raven-haired woman produced lightning from her hand. "Itadakimasu!" he said. Axel prepared himself to have said lightning sent his way, and when it was, he inhaled so intensely that all of it flowed rapidly into his mouth, down to the last semblance of a spark. When his stomach finally deflated, the Dragon Slayer hunched over and wiped the corner of his mouth with his wrist. He seemed to have sobered up quite a bit from this, and the look in his eye combined with the grin on his face was proof enough. "Gochiso sama deshita!" Now that he could once again be considered properly sentient, Axel stood with arms akimbo and looked between the woman he'd previously referred to as Rara, and Iris. "Neh, Iris, that's pretty rude. How could you forget friends so easily?"

"Eh, I didn't forget anyone. I've never seen this woman before." Iris chimed in after watching Axel consume his lightning based meal. Surely she would have remembered if there was another lightning based mage in the guild and surely she would have remembered another dark haired woman. After all, that was presently Iris' claim to fame among other things. Still she pouted feeling bad that they didn't get it.

After feeding Axel the woman with the headphones frowned just a little. "You're welcome, lightweight." commented the woman with a grin on her face. It seemed Iris wasn't necessarily dense after all. Her claim that she'd never seen this woman before made her calm just a bit. "Oh, so you haven't seen me like this before then. Sou ka. Apologies Iris... I'm Takara." she said and Iris spent a few seconds looking at the woman blinking very slowly. Takara... was the name of a cat with a wide crazy mane and a star tail. This woman had a star tail and maybe even the same color pattern but still. "You're... Takara. The S-class Cat?" she said seemingly confused by this information which simultaneously made all the sense in the world and none at all. "SHE'S TAKARA?!" Iris said falling back a bit stunned looking to Axel for confirmation of this information.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast